Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:33:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166917 times)
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 04:49:15 PM
Merited by BTCforJoe (1)

Its indeed very bad there...I can name quite a few people there that helped community a lot and got near zero merit, and I saw
posts like "BTC is the king, all altcoins suck" get tons of merit

People like nerdralph, notbatman, doctor83 and few more did lots of stuff for free, with not much award...its either lack of merit sources there
or that subforum tend to collect lots of misers

Just a thought. Why don't you put a list of 10 under merited posts together and apply to be a Merit source? Even if you don't want to, the only thing that will fix it is if someone there does that.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 16842

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 05:40:25 PM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

Its indeed very bad there...I can name quite a few people there that helped community a lot and got near zero merit, and I saw

People like nerdralph, notbatman, doctor83 and few more did lots of stuff for free, with not much award...its either lack of merit sources there or that subforum tend to collect lots of misers
The altcoin boards collect so much spam, it's a pain to find a decent post.
I've checked your list of names:
  • nerdralph last posted on July 1. His posts look okay, but if it's at page 54, not many people are going to read it. That means if the users who read it don't have Merit, they won't receive anything from a Merit source. Without knowing the details about mining, it's hard to assess the value of a post there.
  • notbatman has red trust from Vod. In the last month, he's mainly posted in Off-topic and Politics and Society. Those boards are infested with spam too.
  • User doctor83 doesn't exist, it's doktor83: his account is active, but just like nerdralph, he posts on page 191, which is only read by people who follow the thread.

In my example, I'd get reward for "link clicked 20, 50, 100, 250, 500..." times automatically
That would be abused, spammers can have an army of Newbie (bots) click the link to rank up.

Branko

Activity: 2506
Merit: 319

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:06:06 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2018, 06:18:55 PM by Branko
Merited by LoyceV (1)

People like nerdralph, notbatman, doctor83 and few more did lots of stuff for free, with not much award...its either lack of merit sources there or that subforum tend to collect lots of misers
The altcoin boards collect so much spam, it's a pain to find a decent post.
I've checked your list of names:
  • nerdralph last posted on July 1. His posts look okay, but if it's at page 54, not many people are going to read it. That means if the users who read it don't have Merit, they won't receive anything from a Merit source. Without knowing the details about mining, it's hard to assess the value of a post there.
  • notbatman has red trust from Vod. In the last month, he's mainly posted in Off-topic and Politics and Society. Those boards are infested with spam too.
  • User doctor83 doesn't exist, it's doktor83: his account is active, but just like nerdralph, he posts on page 191, which is only read by people who follow the thread.

In my example, I'd get reward for "link clicked 20, 50, 100, 250, 500..." times automatically
That would be abused, spammers can have an army of Newbie (bots) click the link to rank up.

Well, I observed altcoin mining thread a bit longer, so pretty well informed whats going on there:

For example, notbatman did tons of bios-es in his own thread here (and on request):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2163949.0

doctor83 made most used BIOS editor (for free, too):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1882656.0

nerdralph  is one of main contributors in this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1758267.0

that is probably THE thread not only on BTT forum, but on whole web, when it comes to deciphering AMD straps
and memory timings and optimization for mining

What you said about spamers is true, but theres a ton of rewards on anorak forum, it would probably be hard to abuse all stats
(although, I agree that when theres a demand for high rank, people are generally ready to do anything)
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 16842

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 07:29:35 PM

Well, I observed altcoin mining thread a bit longer, so pretty well informed whats going on there:
So do as TheQuin suggested:
If you want to be a merit source:

1. Be a somewhat established member.
 2. Collect TEN posts written in the last couple of months by other people that have not received nearly enough merit for how good they are, and post quotes for them all in a new Meta thread. The point of this is to demonstrate your ability to give out merit usefully.
 3. We will take a look at your history and maybe make you a source.

I am especially eager to have merit sources in sub-communities such as the local sections.

What you said about spamers is true, but theres a ton of rewards on anorak forum, it would probably be hard to abuse all stats
(although, I agree that when theres a demand for high rank, people are generally ready to do anything)
Bitcointalk is different than other forums, in the sense that people join to earn money, without caring about the subject, and without bringing any knowledge to the table.
That's what Merit is supposed to change, but if I see a thread in altcoin mining, with mainly old accounts even without signature, I don't think those are the ones that should be restricted by the Merit system.

Flodner

Activity: 1960
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 07:40:54 PM

2. Collect TEN posts written in the last couple of months by other people that have not received nearly enough merit for how good they are, and post quotes for them all in a new Meta thread. The point of this is to demonstrate your ability to give out merit usefully.

I am especially eager to have merit sources in sub-communities such as the local sections.

Regarding the last line it's interesting to specify - does this apply to local sections which have no separate forum, only 1 thread?
For a long time many Ukrainians ask question about creation of Ukrainian sub-forum, but all these requests are ignored by admins.
(as for me that's probably political reasons)

BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 06:01:02 AM

I am trying to earn a merit...

That's your problem. Merit shouldn't be the reason why you're here. Merit is simply a byproduct of good posts. Obviously, yours weren't, or they wouldn't have been ignored or deleted.

So its normal that 800 people get my help, but are not grateful enough? I mean, I'd understand 2...or 20...but 800?
Let that number sink and think about it for a bit...its a BIOS that I spend numerous hours tweaking it, flashing, rebooting, testing...

They even get monetary gains because their cards can hash faster

Out of the 800 that downloaded, I'm assuming that only a handful of them even have any idea what merit is. The rest are probably from search results or newbies that stumbled across your post. I have plenty of sMerit to give, but I won't merit your post, simply because I don't find it valuable to me. Sorry, bud.

finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 08:45:09 AM

I am trying to earn a merit...

That's your problem. Merit shouldn't be the reason why you're here. Merit is simply a byproduct of good posts. Obviously, yours weren't, or they wouldn't have been ignored or deleted.

Merits is just a like button, should be given to the posts that make sense right? If you're not good at earning merits we must go to improvement.

@Yuliya2404, if you want to have merits then you should improve your posts and mindset here in forum.
Before thinking about the merits please check first your recent posts, all of them are just social media reports. You should have quality posts to be qualified in the merit system, you want merits but don't do something to earn it. It's been 7 months since merit system started, if you really want it then at first you changed the way you threat forum.

Regarding the last line it's interesting to specify - does this apply to local sections which have no separate forum, only 1 thread?
For a long time many Ukrainians ask question about creation of Ukrainian sub-forum, but all these requests are ignored by admins.
(as for me that's probably political reasons)

You should indicate some reasons why they should create sub-forum for Ukrainians. I don't want to be a racist bud but I think you guys must prove to them that your community deserves it even there are political reasons.  Wink

Regarding the merit source, even us don't have any source but we're still standing to develop our board without it. I think admins have many reasons why they didn't come up to approve those suggestions and applications. I know that our improvement will change those minds and they'll support us soon bud.
Flodner

Activity: 1960
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 10:40:46 AM

You should indicate some reasons why they should create sub-forum for Ukrainians. I don't want to be a racist bud but I think you guys must prove to them that your community deserves it even there are political reasons.  Wink

Regarding the merit source, even us don't have any source but we're still standing to develop our board without it. I think admins have many reasons why they didn't come up to approve those suggestions and applications. I know that our improvement will change those minds and they'll support us soon bud.

Thanks for reply!
I won't write all the reasons here (as this might be considered as offtopic), but we have a separate thread for this
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4365564.0
There I and others presented multiple reasons many times.

I see, so it seems there is no reason for me (or others) to apply for merit source. Anyway we communicate in 1 Ukrainian thread and occasionally merit is shared there.
Good luck with developing your board!

Pyrojason
Copper Member

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:20:25 AM

In case anyone else has this question here - Must an account be 'full member' status to send or receive merit?

No.

Please read at least the first post of the thread before posting if you want to earn any merits ever.

Thanks for the clarification. My question really should have been specific to sending merit, however I do indeed see that apparently you must have merit already to send it. Does this mean If I received 10 merit, if I gave 5 merit to others would my account still show 10 merit or are they spent as a form of merit currency?
Branko

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:22:35 AM

In case anyone else has this question here - Must an account be 'full member' status to send or receive merit?

No.

Please read at least the first post of the thread before posting if you want to earn any merits ever.

Thanks for the clarification. My question really should have been specific to sending merit, however I do indeed see that apparently you must have merit already to send it. Does this mean If I received 10 merit, if I gave 5 merit to others would my account still show 10 merit or are they spent as a form of merit currency?

Your merits difefr from those you send...those are called "sendable merit" or smerit and you can see how many of those you have
if you click as if you're trying to send merit to someone...you will see that that number differs from your own merit
Pyrojason
Copper Member

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:32:13 AM

No.

Your merits difefr from those you send...those are called "sendable merit" or smerit and you can see how many of those you have
if you click as if you're trying to send merit to someone...you will see that that number differs from your own merit

Good to know! Thanks. I like 'Smerit' - Is it labeled like that? Lol.
Branko

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:38:20 AM

If you did what I said, you'd see its actually called sMerit (along with explanation that you lose nothing by giving it away) Grin

Pyrojason
Copper Member

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:49:13 AM

If you did what I said, you'd see its actually called sMerit (along with explanation that you lose nothing by giving it away) Grin

I could probably do that if it was an option. I don't have any merit so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the option to give merit is disabled.
Thanks for the screenshot though. I'm glad they have a sense of humor here.

<EDIT>

AH, nope, I do have a way to see it simply by doing as you suggested and searching 'Merit.'
It helps to read, huh?
Elqui

Activity: 243
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:00:42 PM

I hope there will be some "contest" here where the prizes are merits hehe. I dont know where i can get merit now hehe
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:49:41 PM

I hope there will be some "contest" here where the prizes are merits hehe. I dont know where i can get merit now hehe

You can possibly join the author of this thread right now.

And also contests as of now isnt advisable, for the solely reason that it's not really an appropriate thing to award Merits.
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:52:30 PM

Even though we made contest for Jr. Members like you in order for you to receive Merits, I don't think you will receive even a single one if you will continue posting spam posts. . I'm wondering why you still don't know why you can't receive any Merits while by looking at your posts history will obviously give you the answer to those "Why?" questions.
With those 42 posts you have not even one posts catches my interest. You should improve posting.

404 Not Found
cryptofarid10

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

Trader

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 05:01:15 PM

Merit is not something that you just want to get. If you want to get the merit, then you must have knowledge in your heart, then you will get Merit and there is no other way. You do not buy Merit. Or do not ask anyone.If this does, then your account may be banned later.

MEXC Português  |  Trade Anywhere with the MEXC App
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      MEXC.com      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:51:46 PM

There are some contest run by higher ranked members here but i dont have the links of it so you must find it by your own, and maybe try to use the search feature in this forum. The most important things is not to rely solely from the contest tho, if you do not know where to find merit then start correcting something starts from yourself, maybe like learning things about cryptocurrency or improving your english. Both is a great combination to starts to get more merit. You can learn from other members who got a lot of merits by looking at the most meritted members in the list here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=topusersat
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:07:24 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2018, 06:35:11 PM by tk808

Merit is a failed system, for a Hero member (500 merit) to become a Legendary member (1000 merit), we need to acquire the equivalent of one top-10 merited users ever on BTT. It's impossible for those who have no recognition among the top 50-100 elite on Bitcointalk. The only way to acquire this sum is to do it in a non-legitimate and unintended manner. As time passes, the entire system will come to a halt, due to the unreasonable replenishment rates and the lack of user-understanding of how the system functions.  

If the intention was not to immortalize and make the Legendary rank unobtainable, you're better off reviewing Hero accounts that want to become legendary (like myself).  

There is only one way for any ordinary person to get legendary (via VIP) legitimately: Buy your rank from BTT by donating 10 BTC.

Sova_tmb

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:32:40 PM

Merit is a failed system, for a Hero member (500 merit) to become a legendary member (1000 merit), we need to acquire the equivalent of one top-10 merited users ever on BTT. It's impossible for those who have no recognition among the top 50-100 elite on Bitcointalk. The only way to acquire this sum is to do it in a non-legitimate and unintended manner. As time passes, the entire system will come to a halt, due to the unreasonable replenishment rates and the lack of understanding of how the system functions. 

Unless, the overall intention was to immortalize and make the legendary rank unobtainable, you're better off reviewing Hero accounts that want to become legendary (like myself).  

Bro you have a very high rand , many people don't know how became a member and long time to sit jr.member , im too junior but i'm support a merit system because this lessen number of create a new face account and people truly need to work for recived merit , only spam don't help they
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: