Bitcoin Forum
October 18, 2018, 01:58:07 AM *
News: Make sure you are not using versions of Bitcoin Core other than 0.17.0 [Torrent], 0.16.3, 0.15.2, or 0.14.3. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 89246 times)
DdmrDdmr

Activity: 280
Merit: 1103

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:20:45 PM
Merited by Foxpup (1)

<...>
I don't think Rosa Parks would be too happy with the comparison… She had to overcome some real issues back in the day, compared to getting an avatar on Bitcointalk..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptofarid10

Activity: 84
Merit: 8

Google Form And Spreadsheet Editor. @cryptofarid10

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 04:26:30 PM

In this way users are forced to make comments of a very good quality to get some merit, excellent strategy
Merit system has been introduced for this so that the knowledge of everyone is verified.

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
Branko

Activity: 490
Merit: 189

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:43:02 PM

I don't mean bounty entries at all. Should I stop doing bounty for merit? Of course not. I just started earning merit. I've made 2 posts 300 words each and got nothing, I thought I posted usuful info. One of the post disapeared. I think it's not so easy to earn merit as you said. Anyway thanks for the answer.

I'm curious as to see what you consider to be a high quality post. Link me to a post that you believe to be of your highest quality, and if I agree, I'll merit it.

As others have stated, just because a post is long doesn't mean it's a good one.

Is this good enough? More than 800 people downloaded it, and I got 2 merit from people that didn't download it, but felt sorry for me, lol

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3052745.0

InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1054

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:37:45 PM

Is this good enough? More than 800 people downloaded it, and I got 2 merit from people that didn't download it, but felt sorry for me, lol

It is normal, sometimes the OP gets less merit for his topic than someone who gave a comment.
Contribute to the forum and the merit points will come sooner or later.

.BITVEST DICE.
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Branko

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:52:47 PM

It is normal, sometimes the OP gets less merit for his topic than someone who gave a comment.
Contribute to the forum and the merit points will come sooner or later.

So its normal that 800 people get my help, but are not grateful enough? I mean, I'd understand 2...or 20...but 800?
Let that number sink and think about it for a bit...its a BIOS that I spend numerous hours tweaking it, flashing, rebooting, testing...

They even get monetary gains because their cards can hash faster

Texacha

Activity: 278
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:00:05 PM
Merited by Branko (1)

So its normal that 800 people get my help, but are not grateful enough? I mean, I'd understand 2...or 20...but 800?
Let that number sink and think about it for a bit...its a BIOS that I spend numerous hours tweaking it, flashing, rebooting, testing...
Shut up and go at the back of the bus!

I have no affiliate link, no bounty, no signature campaign... Only Proof Of Work!
cryptofarid10

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 03:31:39 AM

If you prefer things stay the way they are, enjoy your spammers. If you read my "complaining" posts you would know I was suggesting ways to seperate merit from bounty so everyone wins and spamming dies down.

Alright I guess stay salty.
Spammers have no right to stay here because it is not a spamming place. It is a professional job, so people with professional and experience should stay.

cryptofarid10

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 03:57:10 AM

I am trying to earn a merit only for 5 days. Yes, I wrote 2 big posts (one disappeared) and thought they would be useful. I did not get any merit for them. That's mean I was doing something wrong.
I came here to get advice from experienced users. But I got ridicule from some users, what is quite strange. It might be better not to ask anything. Sorry if I bother someone  Sad
Marit does not restrict anyone to himself.
The senior member gave them a Merit who was eligible for Merit
If you are eligible for Merit, you will also get a Merit. Continue to try and share your knowladge with others,  Hope you will get Merit .

MagicSmoker

Activity: 322
Merit: 159

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:59:35 PM

Be warned that many will consider this merit begging, but like the other two people that gave you merit, I haven't used your BIOS but gave you a merit anyway because I am sympathetic to your plight.

The problem seems to be that the altcoins/mining subforum doesn't get a lot of merit distribution, despite that it has a very high signal-to-noise ratio and is generally free from the useless sig and bounty campaign spammers. Not much you can do about it except bring attention to the issue here in meta (though, again, be warned that doing such can backfire by getting you put on ignore).

TheQuin

Activity: 700
Merit: 672

Freebitco.in Forum Dude https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 04:11:26 PM
Merited by DdmrDdmr (1)

Be warned that many will consider this merit begging, but like the other two people that gave you merit, I haven't used your BIOS but gave you a merit anyway because I am sympathetic to your plight.

The problem seems to be that the altcoins/mining subforum doesn't get a lot of merit distribution, despite that it has a very high signal-to-noise ratio and is generally free from the useless sig and bounty campaign spammers. Not much you can do about it except bring attention to the issue here in meta (though, again, be warned that doing such can backfire by getting you put on ignore).

I really don't think that could be mistaken for Merit begging.

It is a real shame that altcoin mining section is bereft of Merit givers. I think it is partly due to it being something that people do when they are new, I spent a while doing it. The people that benefited from that bios probably didn't have any Merit to give. It's not something I have a solution to as it can only be solved by a Merit source, that has an interest, taking the time and effort to monitor that board for posts.

Branko

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 04:23:37 PM

Its indeed very bad there...I can name quite a few people there that helped community a lot and got near zero merit, and I saw
posts like "BTC is the king, all altcoins suck" get tons of merit

People like nerdralph, notbatman, doctor83 and few more did lots of stuff for free, with not much award...its either lack of merit sources there
or that subforum tend to collect lots of misers

Personally, I'd like to see advanced system like Anoraks forum use...not sure what forum software it uses, but I think I saw it somewhere else too,
so its not proprietary...it has very developed automatic reward system (plus ability that users say "thank you" manually too)

In my example, I'd get reward for "link clicked 20, 50, 100, 250, 500..." times automatically

TheQuin

Activity: 700
Merit: 672

Freebitco.in Forum Dude https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 04:49:15 PM
Merited by BTCforJoe (1)

Its indeed very bad there...I can name quite a few people there that helped community a lot and got near zero merit, and I saw

People like nerdralph, notbatman, doctor83 and few more did lots of stuff for free, with not much award...its either lack of merit sources there
or that subforum tend to collect lots of misers

Just a thought. Why don't you put a list of 10 under merited posts together and apply to be a Merit source? Even if you don't want to, the only thing that will fix it is if someone there does that.

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 2131

Self-made Legendary!

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 05:40:25 PM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

People like nerdralph, notbatman, doctor83 and few more did lots of stuff for free, with not much award...its either lack of merit sources there or that subforum tend to collect lots of misers
The altcoin boards collect so much spam, it's a pain to find a decent post.
I've checked your list of names:
  • nerdralph last posted on July 1. His posts look okay, but if it's at page 54, not many people are going to read it. That means if the users who read it don't have Merit, they won't receive anything from a Merit source. Without knowing the details about mining, it's hard to assess the value of a post there.
  • notbatman has red trust from Vod. In the last month, he's mainly posted in Off-topic and Politics and Society. Those boards are infested with spam too.
  • User doctor83 doesn't exist, it's doktor83: his account is active, but just like nerdralph, he posts on page 191, which is only read by people who follow the thread.

In my example, I'd get reward for "link clicked 20, 50, 100, 250, 500..." times automatically
That would be abused, spammers can have an army of Newbie (bots) click the link to rank up.

Branko

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:06:06 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

People like nerdralph, notbatman, doctor83 and few more did lots of stuff for free, with not much award...its either lack of merit sources there or that subforum tend to collect lots of misers
The altcoin boards collect so much spam, it's a pain to find a decent post.
I've checked your list of names:
  • nerdralph last posted on July 1. His posts look okay, but if it's at page 54, not many people are going to read it. That means if the users who read it don't have Merit, they won't receive anything from a Merit source. Without knowing the details about mining, it's hard to assess the value of a post there.
  • notbatman has red trust from Vod. In the last month, he's mainly posted in Off-topic and Politics and Society. Those boards are infested with spam too.
  • User doctor83 doesn't exist, it's doktor83: his account is active, but just like nerdralph, he posts on page 191, which is only read by people who follow the thread.

That would be abused, spammers can have an army of Newbie (bots) click the link to rank up.

Well, I observed altcoin mining thread a bit longer, so pretty well informed whats going on there:

For example, notbatman did tons of bios-es in his own thread here (and on request):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2163949.0

doctor83 made most used BIOS editor (for free, too):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1882656.0

nerdralph  is one of main contributors in this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1758267.0

that is probably THE thread not only on BTT forum, but on whole web, when it comes to deciphering AMD straps
and memory timings and optimization for mining

What you said about spamers is true, but theres a ton of rewards on anorak forum, it would probably be hard to abuse all stats
(although, I agree that when theres a demand for high rank, people are generally ready to do anything)

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 2131

Self-made Legendary!

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 07:29:35 PM

Well, I observed altcoin mining thread a bit longer, so pretty well informed whats going on there:
So do as TheQuin suggested:
If you want to be a merit source:

1. Be a somewhat established member.
 2. Collect TEN posts written in the last couple of months by other people that have not received nearly enough merit for how good they are, and post quotes for them all in a new Meta thread. The point of this is to demonstrate your ability to give out merit usefully.
 3. We will take a look at your history and maybe make you a source.

I am especially eager to have merit sources in sub-communities such as the local sections.

What you said about spamers is true, but theres a ton of rewards on anorak forum, it would probably be hard to abuse all stats
(although, I agree that when theres a demand for high rank, people are generally ready to do anything)
Bitcointalk is different than other forums, in the sense that people join to earn money, without caring about the subject, and without bringing any knowledge to the table.
That's what Merit is supposed to change, but if I see a thread in altcoin mining, with mainly old accounts even without signature, I don't think those are the ones that should be restricted by the Merit system.

Flodner

Activity: 462
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 07:40:54 PM

2. Collect TEN posts written in the last couple of months by other people that have not received nearly enough merit for how good they are, and post quotes for them all in a new Meta thread. The point of this is to demonstrate your ability to give out merit usefully.

I am especially eager to have merit sources in sub-communities such as the local sections.

Regarding the last line it's interesting to specify - does this apply to local sections which have no separate forum, only 1 thread?
For a long time many Ukrainians ask question about creation of Ukrainian sub-forum, but all these requests are ignored by admins.
(as for me that's probably political reasons)

▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄  ▄▄  ▄  ▄  ▄ 
LOYALTY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀▀  ▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █

qiibee

Telegram     Medium     Twitter
  Facebook     Instagram     LinkedIn
██████
██▀▀▀▀
██  █▀
██

██
██  █▄
██▄▄▄▄
██████
TOKEN SALE
██████
▀▀▀▀██
  ▀█  ██
        ██

██
  ▄█  ██
▄▄▄▄██
██████

█████████████▄
██         ████▄
██ ▄▄▄ █   ██ ▀██▄
██ █▄█ █▀█ ██   ▀██
██   █ ▀▀▀ ████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 970

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 06:01:02 AM

I am trying to earn a merit...

That's your problem. Merit shouldn't be the reason why you're here. Merit is simply a byproduct of good posts. Obviously, yours weren't, or they wouldn't have been ignored or deleted.

Out of the 800 that downloaded, I'm assuming that only a handful of them even have any idea what merit is. The rest are probably from search results or newbies that stumbled across your post. I have plenty of sMerit to give, but I won't merit your post, simply because I don't find it valuable to me. Sorry, bud.

finaleshot2016

Merit: 259

🇵🇭 Spectator

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 08:45:09 AM

I am trying to earn a merit...

That's your problem. Merit shouldn't be the reason why you're here. Merit is simply a byproduct of good posts. Obviously, yours weren't, or they wouldn't have been ignored or deleted.

Merits is just a like button, should be given to the posts that make sense right? If you're not good at earning merits we must go to improvement.

@Yuliya2404, if you want to have merits then you should improve your posts and mindset here in forum.
Before thinking about the merits please check first your recent posts, all of them are just social media reports. You should have quality posts to be qualified in the merit system, you want merits but don't do something to earn it. It's been 7 months since merit system started, if you really want it then at first you changed the way you threat forum.

Regarding the last line it's interesting to specify - does this apply to local sections which have no separate forum, only 1 thread?
For a long time many Ukrainians ask question about creation of Ukrainian sub-forum, but all these requests are ignored by admins.
(as for me that's probably political reasons)

You should indicate some reasons why they should create sub-forum for Ukrainians. I don't want to be a racist bud but I think you guys must prove to them that your community deserves it even there are political reasons.  Wink

Regarding the merit source, even us don't have any source but we're still standing to develop our board without it. I think admins have many reasons why they didn't come up to approve those suggestions and applications. I know that our improvement will change those minds and they'll support us soon bud.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

Flodner

Activity: 462
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 10:40:46 AM

You should indicate some reasons why they should create sub-forum for Ukrainians. I don't want to be a racist bud but I think you guys must prove to them that your community deserves it even there are political reasons.  Wink

Regarding the merit source, even us don't have any source but we're still standing to develop our board without it. I think admins have many reasons why they didn't come up to approve those suggestions and applications. I know that our improvement will change those minds and they'll support us soon bud.

Thanks for reply!
I won't write all the reasons here (as this might be considered as offtopic), but we have a separate thread for this
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4365564.0
There I and others presented multiple reasons many times.

I see, so it seems there is no reason for me (or others) to apply for merit source. Anyway we communicate in 1 Ukrainian thread and occasionally merit is shared there.
Good luck with developing your board!

▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄  ▄▄  ▄  ▄  ▄ 
LOYALTY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀  ▀  ▀▀  ▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █

qiibee

Telegram     Medium     Twitter
  Facebook     Instagram     LinkedIn
██████
██▀▀▀▀
██  █▀
██

██
██  █▄
██▄▄▄▄
██████
TOKEN SALE
██████
▀▀▀▀██
  ▀█  ██
        ██

██
  ▄█  ██
▄▄▄▄██
██████

█████████████▄
██         ████▄
██ ▄▄▄ █   ██ ▀██▄
██ █▄█ █▀█ ██   ▀██
██   █ ▀▀▀ ████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Pyrojason

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:20:25 AM

In case anyone else has this question here - Must an account be 'full member' status to send or receive merit?

No.

Please read at least the first post of the thread before posting if you want to earn any merits ever.

Thanks for the clarification. My question really should have been specific to sending merit, however I do indeed see that apparently you must have merit already to send it. Does this mean If I received 10 merit, if I gave 5 merit to others would my account still show 10 merit or are they spent as a form of merit currency?
Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.