New release: Version 1.6.1, Links in first post.
Executive summary of user visible changes:
Hopefully fixed the zero sized binary bug \o/
Hopefully fixed the (old ncurses) resize crash
Hopefully fixed the memory leak in cpu mining and the inappropriately high rejects
Tidier build and smarter config and new --disable-opencl option
Less false positives for "unable to provide work fast enough"
New --shares option (mine X shares and exit)
New --enable-cpu and --disable-gpu options
- Copy cgminer path, not cat it.
- Switching between redrawing windows does not fix the crash with old
libncurses, so redraw both windows, but only when the window size hasn't
- Reinstate minimum 1 extra in queue to make it extremely unlikely to ever have
0 staged work items and any idle time.
- Return -1 if no input is detected from the menu to prevent it being
interpreted as a 0.
- Make pthread, libcurl and libcurses library checks mandatory or fail.
- Add a --disable-opencl configure option to make it possible to override
detection of opencl and build without GPU mining support.
- Confusion over the variable name for number of devices was passing a bogus
value which likely was causing the zero sized binary issue.
- cgminer no longer supports default url user and pass so remove them.
- Don't show value of intensity since it's dynamic by default.
- Add options to explicitly enable CPU mining or disable GPU mining.
- Convert the opt queue into a minimum number of work items to have queued
instead of an extra number to decrease risk of getting idle devices without
increasing risk of higher rejects.
- Statify tv_sort.
- Check for SSE2 before trying to build 32 bit SSE2 assembly version. Prevents
build failure when yasm is installed but -msse2 is not specified.
- Add some defines to configure.ac to enable exporting of values and packaging,
and clean up output.
- Give convenient summary at end of ./configure.
- Display version information and add --version command line option, and make
sure we flush stdout.
- Enable curses after the mining threads are set up so that failure messages
won't be lost in the curses interface.
- Disable curses after inputting a pool if we requested no curses interface.
- Add an option to break out after successfully mining a number of accepted
- Exit with a failed return code if we did not reach opt_shares.
- The cpu mining work data can get modified before we copy it if we submit it
async, and the sync submission is not truly sync anyway, so just submit it sync.
If you're wondering why I include the entire build in the linux binary tarball, it's so you can do 'make install' to install it into a system location.