Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:05:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 [678] 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
Monkeys

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 05:59:57 AM

Delusional would be to imagine that the rants for and against VRC posted here could in any way encourage people to do anything other than avoid this thread. Best arguement I've ever seen for moderating threads. Angry

Anyone slightly discerning should be able to tell FUD trolling from geniune criticism. That seems to be one of the main problems with VRC bagholders. Any criticism of the devs, the community, anything related to VRC is immediately shot down and dismissed as FUD which is intended to push the price down to pick up cheap coins or steer money towards other coins.

This is not my intention here. I am here mainly to criticise the devs and to alert people to what I believe their true ulterior motives are with VRC just based on my observations, and partly just for my own amusement  Wink.

Nobody seems to want to discuss the questionable actions that the devs have made in the past, and continue to make here that would benefit the devs and ONLY the devs (and perhaps anyone privy to their actual plans).

Call it conspiracy theory, call it FUD, call it what you want. I say that there is something fishy going on with VRC, and the devs are behind it..

Still nobody has told me where the 200k VRC that Pat transferred to exchanges after the rollback, went?

Still nobody cares to question why the devs are giving news, allowing pumps, and then going quiet and allowing the price to fall again?

Regarding the highlighted question, I have received, via PM, an "explanation" and the assurance that Nosker did not benefit, or transacted, with those 200k VRC. I put the word "explanation" in quotes because, as explanations go, this one did not even pass the "e", for it made no sense whatsoever. But perhaps you'll have better luck if you asks Nosker via PM. He, apparently, has no problem given the "explanation" by that via instead of the general forum, even though he says it was 100% altruistic (which I believe, strangely enough).

I believe you are wrong when you say "...giving news, allowing pumps..." As a matter of fact I disagree completely. Nosker TRIED to pump the price by announcing "announcements" BEFORE the weekend (plural and timeline wise). It had no effects whatsoever, none. And the coin was hitting the lows since inception. It was, in my view, his only possible way to try to stop the spiral, to do "something". And, obviously had no effect, as stated.

Other than with the chorus line here, they, the devs, have no pull whatsoever because everyone and his aunt know they have nothing to bring to the table with enough substance to rise the price. They don't even have the time to dedicate to the coin, so no actual development of any kind is taking place or has taken place in many weeks now. Some "deal" seem to be forthcoming that I can assure you at the peril or being wrong that won't be more significant than another link to another third party. Face it: It's honesty and transparency. And that's it.

Enough? I don't think so. At all.

I like your thinking Barrabas. I may not agree with everything you say, or the delivery, but I do like the way you think in general.

So, would you care to enlighten us about what Pat's 'intentions' were with the 200k VRC and how they could possibly be of any benefit to VRC to have them on an exchange rather than in his wallet??

I literally can not think of any reason that he would transfer the coins to an exchange if he did not intend to sell them there.. I am open to suggestion, but I feel that any explanation will be a stretch at best..

I must say I disagree with your assessment of how little control over the VRC price the devs have. If you look at this chart:

The announcement said "There will be a big secret announcement made BY THE END OF THE WEEK". So, naturally people are going to anticipate the announcement and start to buy BEFORE the announcement is made... Since the price was still dropping most people would be wise to wait for it to stabilise after the initial "pre-ann" and then buy in awaiting the announcement, which is what I believe this chart shows.

This was further reinforced by Pats tweet on the 114th "This weekend could be exciting.", this was mid-pump, just reinforcing the incentive to buy in anticipation of the announcement.

Then obviously there was a massive dump and the price has been steadily declining since. Now back to roughly 9k.

Now, the reason this can happen is because a lot of people BELIEVE that VRC CAN succeed. Just take a look at this thread, it has some of the highest traffic of any crypto thread. I think that MOST people believe that VRC will rise again, they are just waiting for the right time to buy back in.

Basically, everyone is just watching, waiting for the next big announcement or release from VRC which will start the price rising again.

So, what that means is that the devs currently have a huge influence on the market. I for one believe they know this and are capitalising on this. I mean lets face it they aren't stupid, and they obviously like money. So why would they not want to capitalise on it?

One might argue that it would be better for them to just improve the coin overall and go for long term profits with their VRC bags that they hold. Well, I believe that they don't have much upcoming in the near future and they are looking for a way to profit from VRC in the short term with the little news that they do have.

It looks like they will be able to get TWO pumps out of this one announcement once it is finally made (if it is any good that is). The next pump will come immediately after the next announcement, which will come once the price drops to 8k or so again.

So, I'll now take off my tinfoil hat to discuss my assessment with anyone who would like to point out why my assessment is wrong?

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

http://www.midaspool.com/ref/318

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:21:59 AM

barabbas or monkey , do either of you own any vericoin?

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
Monkeys

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 06:29:39 AM

Not currently, but I do intend to buy some before the next pump.

I'll wait for 8k, that's my buy point.

Do you care to discuss or do you just intend to dismiss my comments because I don't currently hold any VRC?

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:34:03 AM

Not currently, but I do intend to buy some before the next pump.

I'll wait for 8k, that's my buy point.

Do you care to discuss or do you just intend to dismiss my comments because I don't currently hold any VRC?
no just was curious..

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
H4Y35

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:38:05 AM

Why the hell are people still replying to these two clowns? Dang, it feels like i'm reading spam when I look at their posts - long, dumb and ugly looking (kinda like that inartistic, unintelligible paper barabbas wrote). Can people stop feeding them please? Last few days its been alright, then mr. barabbas and that monkey guy come back on and it's a fucking spam fest, long, irritant posts that are a pain in the ass to even scroll through, let alone read.

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:43:50 AM

Monkeys:

I will gladly do that since, tin foil hat excluded, you are much more sensible and critical thinker than the vast majority here.

First, like I said, I had sort of an explanation by Nosker, that I believe was true, although, like yourself, I fail to see the purpose of the transfer. If it is not enough for you, I once again, ask you to contact him via PM and I am sure he can copy/paste his answer to me, something I prefer not to do since, unbelievably, he doesn't seem to like to explain his altruistic intentions publicly. Once again, I believe him and his intentions although, on logical examination, they make no sense. Many of the things that Nosker has done regarding VRC make no sense. And many that he has NOT done, make even less sense (that he did not do them). You can file that in the arrogance/inexperience container, if you will.

The graphic that you posted does not, I repeat, does NOT, illustrate what happened: The "announcement of the announcements" took place much earlier than the 14th. And, as the graphic shows, achieved NOTHING. Like I have stated in a previous post, it was a rather desperate attempt by Nosker to stop the downside spiral of the price that had just gotten under 8k for the first time since launch. The price remained at the 8 level for quite a while and it was only after the announcement of the Minnesota Fair both, that I enthusiastically supported, followed by my proposal of the World Vericoin Day that the whole despair-filled content of this forum changed completely and the price spiked up to a max of just a few sat below 16k, de facto doubling from the lows of that very 24-hour period. I stated them that a sell off was inevitable considering the incredible gains of the last few hours but that the sell off would not take the coin down much. The "interesting weekend" tweet by Patrick came AFTER the top of almost 16 had been reached with the coin slowly stabilizing for many hours between 14 and 15th. No effect whatsoever, either. Not the initial one and neither this one. That's how it all happened.

I also disagree with you regarding "pumping". I believe the devs should do the best they can -which in this case is next to nothing- to prop up the perception of the investment community. There's absolutely nothing wrong with announcing some significant event in the near future, on the contrary. What is not acceptable is calling "significant" something that is utter nonsense. For instance, calling the moolah deal something significant. This is nothing new, by the way, so you don't need to be a visionary to figure it out: For months, Blackcoin pumped (of course serving the wishes of The Black Hand) the "moolah-like deal". When people realized what it was -and people realize these things pretty quickly- they gave absolutely no value to a link to a third party, just like they didn't give any to Vericoin's wallet link to moolah, so just observing what has happened before you can easily anticipated what in identical circumstances will happen to you... except if you are an arrogant ignorant that believes the same actions will produce different results just because you are involved (please note the delicate change of words: I have replaced with "ignorant" a less sensitive adjective in the original).

There are other examples that one would have expected people of relatively decent brain capacity to serve as a learning experience. The Chicago event, for instance. Or the Bitcoin Center event. Numero uno, nothing in terms of images, came out of those that was of any use. Anyone half decent at knowing what the point was, would have obtained a lot of images, including video, that would have conveyed the idea of "great interest". Zilch. Nada: On the contrary, what the few images available convey is the idea of some nerdy, deplorable meet with a few non interested losers looking for handouts. A VERY few of those, even. No excitement, no interest, no fun... NO-THING. And, of course, no lesson learned either. Sad, very sad.

One final thought that you may find usable and it is just my opinion based on perception and common sense: The entire stake of the three devs will be worth, currently, a maximum of $50k. If that. They enjoy this too much to exchange it for such paltry cash out. Furthermore, they do not need the cash. Not that paltry amount -roughly $15k each- and neither much more than that. So no, they are not benefiting at all of any "pumps". They, believe it or not, are enjoying this. It feeds their egos. They love the kiss ass "adoration" of the hard core choir boys. And love, even much more, the general adoration of the bagholders when the coin goes up in price, which they still believe will happen as a natural reaction to their greatness, even without doing anything. They love the whole shebang here, it is worth for them much, much more than $15k that they don't need and that will change absolutely nothing in their lives. In other words, they love the status quo because they cannot do nothing to change it for the better and trust no one, regardless, to take what they perceive to be a risk. That's why they don't set the path straight, they want to please the Litecoin guy, and the guys that ask them for anon. And for decentralized exchanges. And... anything but to set the only clear, workable path that would distinguish Vericon from the others and would give it a relevance and a meaning to survive... at the expense, of course, of those who keep asking for those things that every other coin either already has -and have tanked and fail in spite of it- or is in the process of implementing. The devs don't want VRC to succeed, they want it to be part of the pack, whether the entire pack survives or not.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:56:06 AM

Why the hell are people still replying to these two clowns? Dang, it feels like i'm reading spam when I look at their posts - long, dumb and ugly looking (kinda like that inartistic, unintelligible paper barabbas wrote). Can people stop feeding them please? Last few days its been alright, then mr. barabbas and that monkey guy come back on and it's a fucking spam fest, long, irritant posts that are a pain in the ass to even scroll through, let alone read.

Promise me that they really, really irritate you and I promise I will write even longer posts with that purpose alone.

I will even include some Botticelli's to cater to your "artistic" tastes...
BitsAndPiecesOfEight

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:59:51 AM

In reading through other threads, I have noticed that Vericoin is rapidly developing a reputation for having a very rude and obnoxious community.  After reading the past few pages it is not difficult to see why.

For those of you that claim to be supporters of the Vericoin, you do realize that most of the new investors you are trying to attract will visit this forum prior to making a buying decision.  Don't you?

I would like to challenge all of you to go back several pages and read them again from the perspective of a new investor investigating the merits of Vericoin.  Now be honest with yourselves and recognize that this potential new investor does not even know how incredibly brilliant you are.

Does this new investor see...

A: ...an active community (with a healthy amount of respectful disagreements) intelligently discussing the future of Vericoin and standing ready to perhaps "assist" the new investor with any questions they might have?

... or ...

B: ...a never ending amount of page filling quotes of quotes of still more quotes of quoted quotes of absolute drivel that has long ago strayed from the original topic and turned into nothing more than a contest to try to prove to the other(s) who has the biggest dick!?

If your answer is "A" please re-read the part about being honest with yourself.  If you answered "B" ask yourself (still from the perspective of a potential new investor) "Do I even want to be involved with this coin"?

Additionally, please be aware that you do not come across the way you might think you do in these slap fests to those of us who may be unaware of how special you are.  Instead, the reader can only conclude that...

1. You (that's right, YOU) are no where near as smart as you are attempting to portray yourself as being.
2. All participants most likely have to employ the use of special tweezers when using the restroom or you would not be so desperate to convince us that you are actually men.

Most of you know who you are but if you are not sure if you are included, there is an easy way to find out.  Are you angered by the above statements and/or are you attempting to find any spelling errors or improper sentence structure that can be used to "shut me up good" in a response to this post?  If so then yes,  I am asking you to grow up and learn to communicate like an adult.
ozboy2014

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:00:17 AM

The Veri First coin assembled and ready to go  Grin

Now only have to assemble the other 99 and compose and print the Certificates of Authenticity and they will be ready to ship so lets say about two weeks from now give or take

EXCELLENT!
ozboy2014

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:02:48 AM

In reading through other threads, I have noticed that Vericoin is rapidly developing a reputation for having a very rude and obnoxious community.  After reading the past few pages it is not difficult to see why.

For those of you that claim to be supporters of the Vericoin, you do realize that most of the new investors you are trying to attract will visit this forum prior to making a buying decision.  Don't you?

I would like to challenge all of you to go back several pages and read them again from the perspective of a new investor investigating the merits of Vericoin.  Now be honest with yourselves and recognize that this potential new investor does not even know how incredibly brilliant you are.

A: ...an active community (with a healthy amount of respectful disagreements) intelligently discussing the future of Vericoin and standing ready to perhaps "assist" the new investor with any questions they might have?

... or ...

B: ...a never ending amount of page filling quotes of quotes of still more quotes of quoted quotes of absolute drivel that has long ago strayed from the original topic and turned into nothing more than a contest to try to prove to the other(s) who has the biggest dick!?

If your answer is "A" please re-read the part about being honest with yourself.  If you answered "B" ask yourself (still from the perspective of a potential new investor) "Do I even want to be involved with this coin"?

Additionally, please be aware that you do not come across the way you might think you do in these slap fests to those of us who may be unaware of how special you are.  Instead, the reader can only conclude that...

1. You (that's right, YOU) are no where near as smart as you are attempting to portray yourself as being.
2. All participants most likely have to employ the use of special tweezers when using the restroom or you would not be so desperate to convince us that you are actually men.

Most of you know who you are but if you are not sure if you are included, there is an easy way to find out.  Are you angered by the above statements and/or are you attempting to find any spelling errors or improper sentence structure that can be used to "shut me up good" in a response to this post?  If so then yes,  I am asking you to grow up and learn to communicate like an adult.

+1 Ya beat me to it..
Monkeys

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 07:04:08 AM

Monkeys:

I will gladly do that since, tin foil hat excluded, you are much more sensible and critical thinker than the vast majority here.

First, like I said, I had sort of an explanation by Nosker, that I believe was true, although, like yourself, I fail to see the purpose of the transfer. If it is not enough for you, I once again, ask you to contact him via PM and I am sure he can copy/paste his answer to me, something I prefer not to do since, unbelievably, he doesn't seem to like to explain his altruistic intentions publicly. Once again, I believe him and his intentions although, on logical examination, they make no sense. Many of the things that Nosker has done regarding VRC make no sense. And many that he has NOT done, make even less sense (that he did not do them). You can file that in the arrogance/inexperience container, if you will.

The graphic that you posted does not, I repeat, does NOT, illustrate what happened: The "announcement of the announcements" took place much earlier than the 14th. And, as the graphic shows, achieved NOTHING. Like I have stated in a previous post, it was a rather desperate attempt by Nosker to stop the downside spiral of the price that had just gotten under 8k for the first time since launch. The price remained at the 8 level for quite a while and it was only after the announcement of the Minnesota Fair both, that I enthusiastically supported, followed by my proposal of the World Vericoin Day that the whole despair-filled content of this forum changed completely and the price spiked up to a max of just a few sat below 16k, de facto doubling from the lows of that very 24-hour period. I stated them that a sell off was inevitable considering the incredible gains of the last few hours but that the sell off would not take the coin down much. The "interesting weekend" tweet by Patrick came AFTER the top of almost 16 had been reached with the coin slowly stabilizing for many hours between 14 and 15th. No effect whatsoever, either. Not the initial one and neither this one. That's how it all happened.

Firstly, cheers for the compliment on my critical thinking etc. It is good to see someone here who can have a discussion or even an "argument" while remaining civil.

I know that you attribute the recent pump to the WVD and the Minnesota fair idea. I still maintain that the pump was coming from the moment the Vericoin devs made the "announcement announcement" on the 11th (see the line I drew?). The WVD and Minnesota discussions in this thread on the 13-14th probably helped to reinforce the message that things were looking up for VRC at the time, but I believe that without that tweet, that pump would not have happened..

Also Pat's tweet was made at 8:42 am - 14 Aug 2014. I don't know what timezone that is compared to what shows on Mintpal, but I would hazard a guess that the tweet was made around the beginning-middle of the pump. Prime time to reinforce the pump IMO.

You say that you are surprised by what Pat has NOT been doing. Well have you considered that perhaps if my assessment is correct, and that the devs have more influence on the market with their announcements than you give credit for, then maybe Pat (and others) are staying quiet during the times where they want people to lose faith and sell the price down so that they can buy in again at a low price for the next pump??

Also, you mentioned the dev's bags of VRC they hold and that they haven't dumped them etc. Sure that may be true, but that doesn't stop them from trading large amounts of VRC on exchanges does it?

If I were the devs, I would be just waiting a little longer for the price to drop again to around 8k, buying as much as I can afford and then spinning the shit out of whatever announcement it is they have in store and hyping it up as MUCH as i could.

But that's just me because I am not stupid, and I like money..

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:18:37 AM

... or ...

I am not aware of such reputation but I can assure you that what happens in this thread is very much the exact replica of what happens in every other thread. As a matter of fact, I would propose to you a clarifying experiment: Create a totally new account (because the first thing that your critics will do, inevitably, is check your previous posts) and post exactly the same content, word by word, substituting the name of the coin only. I guarantee you that the responses will be eerily similar.

Anyway, regarding your current post, the biggest dicks here are, by far, those of socal and the two more vocal of the three devs. There's not even a question about it, no doubt whatsoever, so there's no going contest there.

What is going on, on the other hand, is a question that, for many, implies the potential (or lack thereof) of survival of Vericoin. And I for one believe that potential investors would actually be quite grateful for being able to see the whole picture, from different perspectives. I know that I would if I were considering putting money into it, so I believe others would too. But this is just part of my particular conviction and dedication to expose the truth and the bad players (Mind you, I started both the WALL OF HONOR and the WALL OF SHAME on these forums -perhaps you should visit those... certainly any new investor in crypto should-). You, obviously, would prefer something akin to an unified community bent on scamming any new investors offering only the harmonic and rose-colored side of their perceptions, in which case, you may have landed in the wrong place and if so, you should perhaps be running for the exits instead of lecturing us in con tactics.

Too much of that in crypto already.

chunkyjunkie

Activity: 494

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 07:20:47 AM

BTW- I don't like Barabbas, not that he cares or should, but he does have points I do agree with.

My 2 biggest concerns and why I haven't held any vrc in weeks/months or probably plan to are

1. The announcements/pump machine was obvious to see from the start of the coin.  Always coming up with something that either never materialized or when it did was so insanely underwhelming it was laughable.

2. The ability to buy VRC direct from the wallet with fiat that ended up just being a link to another site.

Now, I keep saying I believe the devs are honest, smart in some ways etc as well as many others here but they still have not learned the lesson, even when begged, to not " announce " anything.. just do it and say here it is!
That would have done more for this coin then anything else and would have stayed on par with the " honesty and likeability " the devs portray.

How it stands, announcing things just to catch a few suckers to keep the ship afloat one more day just kills any " Honesty and likeability "

Hey maybe I will be wrong and it is one of those things where everything just went wrong ( devs suckered by pumpers at the start of the coin and defending them, 3rd party Mintpal fiasco, constant announcements that eventually most people could see them for what they were etc .. ) and all of a sudden vrc gets its act together.  

I would love to see that one day but it will not be with my money anytime soon until so much changes.

BTW- No I don't own any vrc and I am not looking to buy vrc currently or for a while like I said above...

https://www.bitcoinlanding.com - Twitter - https://twitter.com/Bitcoinlanding - Bitcoin News, Video and more!
X-Laboratories

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

founder of X-Laboratories

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 07:22:29 AM

What about a mining contest?
V means 5..then VeriHashContest
X-Lab will donate 5000 VRC to the TOP 5 X11 miners
Contest duration : 5 days
Objective : 5GH/s pool hashrate for 5 days
Top five hashers will receive 1000 VRC each.

We' ll be happy to show some love Wink

"sine secretum non libertas"
BTC 1ABmTBQ3BAJ8tY6EpPM9a6ZoaWsaJipdGV
LTC LS5ejuvBJFAEZEDhYf3KAN8nGjjayTYxez
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:29:30 AM

Firstly, cheers for the compliment on my critical thinking etc. It is good to see someone here who can have a discussion or even an "argument" while remaining civil.

I know that you attribute the recent pump to the WVD and the Minnesota fair idea. I still maintain that the pump was coming from the moment the Vericoin devs made the "announcement announcement" on the 11th (see the line I drew?). The WVD and Minnesota discussions in this thread on the 13-14th probably helped to reinforce the message that things were looking up for VRC at the time, but I believe that without that tweet, that pump would not have happened..

Also Pat's tweet was made at 8:42 am - 14 Aug 2014. I don't know what timezone that is compared to what shows on Mintpal, but I would hazard a guess that the tweet was made around the beginning-middle of the pump. Prime time to reinforce the pump IMO.

You say that you are surprised by what Pat has NOT been doing. Well have you considered that perhaps if my assessment is correct, and that the devs have more influence on the market with their announcements than you give credit for, then maybe Pat (and others) are staying quiet during the times where they want people to lose faith and sell the price down so that they can buy in again at a low price for the next pump??

Also, you mentioned the dev's bags of VRC they hold and that they haven't dumped them etc. Sure that may be true, but that doesn't stop them from trading large amounts of VRC on exchanges does it?

If I were the devs, I would be just waiting a little longer for the price to drop again to around 8k, buying as much as I can afford and then spinning the shit out of whatever announcement it is they have in store and hyping it up as MUCH as i could.

But that's just me because I am not stupid, and I like money..

The timeline is not in discussion. It is what I told you it is. Pat's tweets had no influence whatsoever. Same as Doug's posts here. In case you haven't noticed, the market continues speaking loud and clear about what it expects from the announcement when it comes. Furthermore, it is saying, quite clearly, that they don't believe the dev team has any play in the future. The price is not sinking even lower yet because the weaker hands in the community are hoping there will be some kind of rebound when the announcement is made. Only because of that. And no one, but no one is buying, obviously, even at these levels.

In other words, people knows there's NOTHING to be expected here of any significance. Not through the announcement, not through upcoming developments. This is a ship without helm.
Monkeys

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 07:49:34 AM

The timeline is not in discussion. It is what I told you it is. Pat's tweets had no influence whatsoever. Same as Doug's posts here. In case you haven't noticed, the market continues speaking loud and clear about what it expects from the announcement when it comes. Furthermore, it is saying, quite clearly, that they don't believe the dev team has any play in the future. The price is not sinking even lower yet because the weaker hands in the community are hoping there will be some kind of rebound when the announcement is made. Only because of that. And no one, but no one is buying, obviously, even at these levels.

In other words, people knows there's NOTHING to be expected here of any significance. Not through the announcement, not through upcoming developments. This is a ship without helm.

The timeline was in discussion because you says that Pats tweet "exciting week for VRC" was AFTER the pump, which is incorrect as it was actually early in the pump, prime time to reinforce it IMO. You say that Pats tweet had no effect? Well that is your opinion, it is not necessarily a fact.

I wouldn't have expected an immediate response to the "announcement announcement" on the 11th. I myself predicted a pump on the 14-15th in anticipation of the actual announcement, I was just off by one day in that it came slightly earlier (I was asleep for it too an awoke right when it hit 14k), had missed the boat.

Anyways, that's my take on the situation. I believe the devs know exactly what they are doing and time their announcements perfectly (for them). It seems that there are others here that agree with my assessment too.

setup

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:56:11 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 08:09:50 AM by setup

I don't know what your intention is Barabbas, Monkeys and some others who are trying to talk Vericoin down. To ask critical questions is one thing but to repeat the same negative stuff like a mantra can only have one reason: to damage VRC.

Vericoin is just 3 month old, the devs haven't had any experiences to develope and promote a coin. Of course they made mistakes. As long as they learn from it it's okay. That's called evolution.

Barabbas, you wrote that you also invested in VRC. So why do you want it to fail? You seem to be such a smart man, with good ideas and a lot of background knowledge. I cannot understand why you waste your energy to hurt the whole community. If my sons football coach would only talk about the mistakes the team made instead of motivating them, they would never win.
So why don't you help to strengthen the community and VERICOIN instead of talking it down?

Regards,
Michael

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN
DazzlinDave™

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:06:02 AM

Wow, barabbas, for someone who has been preaching salvation to us, and how " YOUR " plan to resurrect vrc with

a single page pamphlet, I'm thinking you did a piss poor job with your design. You admit its not a final copy ( and

we thank the coin gods for that ). Perhaps instead of once again praising yourself and trashing everyone else, you

could have spent a few extra minutes to do some refining on your presentation.

I,myself, if I were to have made such a bold and "proud" statement of saving this coin, would have had the BALLS to

make something that made at least some sense. Great attack on the regular financial world though. What good is a link

to vericoin,when your propaganda sheet makes people think that whoever wrote it is a fucking wack job that has a 9

years old education. If I was handed this on the street, or at a trade show or where ever,I'd either toss it back in

your face, throw it in the trash, or take it home for emergency toilet paper. This POS pamphlet would hurt vrc more

than it would ever help....

If and when you realize that your salvation has failed here, and you then pretend to go to Pinkcoin or wherever to

"help" them with your salvation, at least you wont have much to change on the pamphlet..just delete the poorly done

logo, and replace vericoin, what, maybe 3 times with what ever coin?

A pamphlet should be nothing but praise for what your representing, and not through a weblink. You have got peoples

attention when you hand it to them. Don't spout off about pure financial negativity and then mention the coin as an

after thought. Your mouth and typing sarcastic rants must be clouding your creative workflow.

For someone wanting to help this coin along, you sure do bring it down, A LOT.

Maybe you should really explain to all of us  people what your true motives are for honoring us with your wisdom ? Or perhaps I should say rather for those you have snowballed and blindsided with your twisted words.

Have you thought about getting involved in politics? You would fit right in with all those forked tongued assholes who talk from both sides of their mouths, and talk for hours but never say a fucking thing.
Wreathy

Activity: 152

Follow ur gut instinct, it is there for a reason.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 08:18:09 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 08:35:19 AM by Wreathy

Since I had already wasted my time, here it is:

LMFAO  Grin

Since I had already wasted my time, here it is:

You certainly did that, if this is indeed, what you have been vowing to produce over the last two weeks.
People are here, and already into digital currency "because of the state of fiat and most already know" about your facts.

WVD. I urge and plead with you. Please don't go ahead with this.  Undecided

Reavon

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:26:45 AM

Why is there so much hate in this forum ?
Damn. We need more love in here.

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
Pages: « 1 ... 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 [678] 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: