Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:40:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BAMT version 0.5 - Easy USB based mining Linux with farm wide management tools  (Read 324105 times)
frograven

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 08:28:13 AM

hi loadcrappo, great work with BAMT, i've been using it since yesterday and i think i'm in love with it, the simplicity rocks! and this is coming from someone who had never experienced linux before  Tongue

I'm a long term linux user, and I've just started using it for my first dedicated mining machine (booted from 2G usb stick)  - and I concur, the simplicity rocks.
Note as it's debian based, any bit regular linux  software missing is just an "apt-get" command away.
small donation on its way, keep up the good work.

I'm using mine with an ASUS pci wireless card so I can stick it out in the garage, worked first time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minero1

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 02:48:17 PM

is there any information to read about cgsnoop? i'm trying to figure out how it works and what does it do
BitMinerN8

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 05:15:47 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2012, 05:27:11 PM by BitMinerN8

is there any information to read about cgsnoop? i'm trying to figure out how it works and what does it do

cgsnoop is a feature that will allow you to read from the cgminer api, like say you have multiple rigs, some happen to be windows, and you want all your stats via BAMT mgpumon. It pretty much works like this, pick a BAMT rig to be your collector, add this line in your bamt.conf
Code:
settings:
  do_cgsnoop: 1
There is a file in /etc/bamt called cgsnoop.conf you will find some comments in there as to what you need to do, mostly enable it add your cgminer rig info on the last line, example:
Code:
192.168.101.x:4028,rig_name,site_loc
(rig_name and site_loc are just text you make up, but it will be passed to mgpumon)

Then on your cgminer rig, add the api options to the end of your command line when you start cgminer.exe, example:
Code:
cgminer.exe -o site:8332 -u worker -p pass (your kernel, intensity, fan, mem, & tweaks etc.) --api-listen --api-network

You should then start seeing those cgminer rigs start showing up in mgpumon.
Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2012, 05:26:26 PM

Could someone mining in P2pool confirm the new difficulty changing working in bamt, im fairly sure it does not, but I'd like a second oppinnion.
To do it you need to edit pools.conf: Minername/sharedifficulty+localdifficulty

So for example:

Miner/1500+1

When I did this and restarted mining the rig never got areound to mining, saw 0mhs flowin on gpumon, if theres an issue I guess it is with either / or + sign in the adress.

Still looking for someone using phoenix miner in bamt to confirm this, pretty please.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
lodcrappo (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 05:41:10 PM

What is the best way to troubleshoot mgpumon not running? It had been running for weeks in a putty console on my win 7 workstation/gaming system, I needed to reboot so I hit q to exit mgpumon, then typed exit to close the session. I rebooting my Win 7 system and when I connected via putty, gpumon works fine, but mgpumon (mgpumon /etc/bamt/mgpumon.conf) just clears the term window and goes back to the prompt. It wigs out the console too, like you can't see what you type anymore. Very strange. I did try restarting that rig, but it still will not run even after power cycle. I went to the console on the rig itself and try to run it from the GUI, but when you try to start it from the menu, it just pops the console window and closes. I tried looking in /var/log/bamt.log but no errors if you tail it and try to launch it from another term window.

Just to rule out a going bad USB stick, I also wrote a fresh image on a new USB stick, copied over my config files, still does not run. I think the only thing that changed was adding in the bamtpro_id: and do_submitter: a week or so ago when I became a BAMT Pro Member. Commenting out those lines does not fix it either.

Puzzled...

you cannot run submitter and mgpumon on the same machine.  they both need to listen for the same traffic.
BitMinerN8

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 07:14:06 PM

What is the best way to troubleshoot mgpumon not running? It had been running for weeks in a putty console on my win 7 workstation/gaming system, I needed to reboot so I hit q to exit mgpumon, then typed exit to close the session. I rebooting my Win 7 system and when I connected via putty, gpumon works fine, but mgpumon (mgpumon /etc/bamt/mgpumon.conf) just clears the term window and goes back to the prompt. It wigs out the console too, like you can't see what you type anymore. Very strange. I did try restarting that rig, but it still will not run even after power cycle. I went to the console on the rig itself and try to run it from the GUI, but when you try to start it from the menu, it just pops the console window and closes. I tried looking in /var/log/bamt.log but no errors if you tail it and try to launch it from another term window.

Just to rule out a going bad USB stick, I also wrote a fresh image on a new USB stick, copied over my config files, still does not run. I think the only thing that changed was adding in the bamtpro_id: and do_submitter: a week or so ago when I became a BAMT Pro Member. Commenting out those lines does not fix it either.

Puzzled...

you cannot run submitter and mgpumon on the same machine.  they both need to listen for the same traffic.

Thanks, I figured it was going to be something like that. I moved the Pro config over to a different rig, coldreboot'd the rig that was trying to run mgpumon, it now works again.

But... now I'm having issues with the submitter submitting on the rig I moved it over to. (Even coldreboot'd, double checked bamtpro_id, etc.)

So is it ok to run submitter on one rig, mgpumon with cgsnoop on another rig or are their potential conflicts with all this on the same network segment/subnet? Also, are there dangers of running more than one submitter on the same subnet?
Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2012, 08:06:41 PM

Mother went ahead on wrote me a noOCGPU0 file, happened before, will happen again untill my risers get here, the card in question is sitting over a rather hot northbridge of the mobo. Somehow the file came out as a read only, I couldnt delete it. chmod 777 noOCGPU0 did not work, after a reboot the file was deleteable tough, wonder what caused this ?

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
lodcrappo (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 01:46:21 AM

files, still does not run. I think the only thing that changed was adding in the bamtpro_id: and do_submitter: a week or so ago when I became a BAMT Pro Member. Commenting out those lines does not fix it either.

Puzzled...

Thanks, I figured it was going to be something like that. I moved the Pro config over to a different rig, coldreboot'd the rig that was trying to run mgpumon, it now works again.

But... now I'm having issues with the submitter submitting on the rig I moved it over to. (Even coldreboot'd, double checked bamtpro_id, etc.)

So is it ok to run submitter on one rig, mgpumon with cgsnoop on another rig or are their potential conflicts with all this on the same network segment/subnet? Also, are there dangers of running more than one submitter on the same subnet?

It is OK to run as many mgpumon as you like on a network, but you should only run one submitter.
Otherwise you might get strange graphs in Android app.. it would see multiple samples in same time period..  your farm might get twice as fast suddenly Smiley  Not "dangerous" just not right.

only one process can bind to the listening port required to hear network traffic, that is why you cannot run multiple mgpumon on same machine, or mgpumon + submitter on same machine.

remember that IP subnets don't count as separate networks for BAMT status broadcasts.  It is physical networks that you must think about.  There should be one and only one submitter on each physical network. 

If you have disabled status broadcast, submitter will not function normally.  Did you use directed status anywhere?  That would be a problem. 

cgsnoop should be fine, but only if also in broadcast mode.

lodcrappo (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 01:48:32 AM

Mother went ahead on wrote me a noOCGPU0 file, happened before, will happen again untill my risers get here, the card in question is sitting over a rather hot northbridge of the mobo. Somehow the file came out as a read only, I couldnt delete it. chmod 777 noOCGPU0 did not work, after a reboot the file was deleteable tough, wonder what caused this ?

This happens when the filesystem isn't closed properly (and on really bad crashes like the ones where mother has to reboot the rig, its not uncommon).  On next boot it is mounted read-only. 

Sometimes it fixes itself on the boot after that.  Sometimes you have to stick the key in a Windows machine, "Safely Eject" it, and then it will be fine.

Best solution: quit locking up your rig Smiley

Elmojo

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 03:03:23 AM

Hi All,
Just started running BAMT for my first additional mining rig.
It will run headless out in my shop, once I get it up and running.
I have BAMT installed and configured, mostly.
The one thing it won't do is actually mine.
If I try to run the catalyst control center, I get an error saying that "No ATI graphics driver is installed..."
What causes this?
I'm running a HD 5830 card.
I've searched a bit, but can't find anything about that error.
It seems like BAMT is supposed to come with the drivers pre-installed?
Please help, I'm a total noob to linux and don't know where to start.
BitMinerN8

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 03:09:32 AM

Hi All,
If I try to run the catalyst control center, I get an error saying that "No ATI graphics driver is installed..."
What causes this?

After you boot BAMT for the first time and you're at the GUI, does it say anything in the top right of the screen under GPUs Detected: ?
minero1

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 03:18:08 AM

Hi All,
What causes this?

when you look at the desktop screen do you see your vga in the top right corner? if you don't go to root terminal (in the "start menu") type:
aticonfig --list-adapters
you should see it there, if you do everything is alright just go to bamt config (start menu) edit /etc/bamt/ pools follow the instruction and type your pool, then edit /etc/bamt bamt.conf read the instructions carefully and config your miner and GPUs, then go to bamt control-> restart mining sessions

Done
Elmojo

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 03:21:47 AM

After you boot BAMT for the first time and you're at the GUI, does it say anything in the top right of the screen under GPUs Detected: ?

Thanks for the quick reply!
Yeah, it does.
It says:
GPUs Detected:
0 01:00.0 ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

Hang on...it's doing something now, but I still can't get into CCC or AMD Overdrive Ctrl
It appears to be hasing at around 247Mh/s, which seems awfully low.
lodcrappo (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 03:24:14 AM

Yeah, it does.
It says:
GPUs Detected:

Hang on...it's doing something now, but I still can't get into CCC or AMD Overdrive Ctrl

dunno why you cant, but you dont need to get into amd overdrive ctl or ccc or any of that. 

everything you need is right in the bamt.conf file.

edit it properly, restart mining.  that is all.

you should be getting 310 to 320 mhash with 5830.  it sounds like you did not set your overclocking in bamt.conf properly.  please double check it.
BitMinerN8

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 03:26:26 AM

files, still does not run. I think the only thing that changed was adding in the bamtpro_id: and do_submitter: a week or so ago when I became a BAMT Pro Member. Commenting out those lines does not fix it either.

Puzzled...

It is OK to run as many mgpumon as you like on a network, but you should only run one submitter.
Otherwise you might get strange graphs in Android app.. it would see multiple samples in same time period..  your farm might get twice as fast suddenly Smiley  Not "dangerous" just not right.

only one process can bind to the listening port required to hear network traffic, that is why you cannot run multiple mgpumon on same machine, or mgpumon + submitter on same machine.

remember that IP subnets don't count as separate networks for BAMT status broadcasts.  It is physical networks that you must think about.  There should be one and only one submitter on each physical network. 

If you have disabled status broadcast, submitter will not function normally.  Did you use directed status anywhere?  That would be a problem. 

cgsnoop should be fine, but only if also in broadcast mode.

Yes, I have the do_bcast_status: 1 on all the rigs.
If for some chance I did run a submitter on a rig, removing the line in bamt.conf and restarting mining does not seem to allow me to run mgpumon after. Maybe the submitter is still bound to the port and restarting mining does not release that?

I now only have 1 submitter per physical network.

I did use do_direct_status: (my external ip) from a remote site, port forwarded into my main mgpumon rig so I could have full farm visibility. Is that something I should not do if I have a submitter running on that physical network (separate location) as well?
minero1

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 03:27:04 AM

Yeah, it does.
It says:
GPUs Detected:

dunno why you cant, but you dont need to get into amd overdrive ctl or ccc or any of that.  

edit it properly, restart mining.  that is all.

you should be getting 310 to 320 mhash with 5830.  it sounds like you did not set your overclocking in bamt.conf properly.  please double check it.

you have to set core clock to 1000 for a 5830 to have 320MH/s, my 5830s are at 950 core 305MH/s
Elmojo

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 03:32:05 AM

edit it properly, restart mining.  that is all.

you should be getting 310 to 320 mhash with 5830.  it sounds like you did not set your overclocking in bamt.conf properly.  please double check it.

I agree. Now that it's hashing, I'm not really concerned with CCC or overdrive.
I didn't set any overclocking, because the guide said to run it at stock first.
What are the suggested (starting) OC settings for an XFX 5830 with reference cooler?
It's currently set at 300/800/980 in the conf file.
How do I know which profile is currently in use?
lodcrappo (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 03:32:21 AM

Yeah, it does.
It says:
GPUs Detected:

you should be getting 310 to 320 mhash with 5830.  it sounds like you did not set your overclocking in bamt.conf properly.  please double check it.

you have to set core clock to 1000 for a 5830 to have 320MH/s, my 5830s are at 950 core 305MH/s

I get 318-319 at 980mhz with phoenix2
minero1

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 03:36:29 AM

I agree. Now that it's hashing, I'm not really concerned with CCC or overdrive.
I didn't set any overclocking, because the guide said to run it at stock first.
What are the suggested (starting) OC settings for an XFX 5830 with reference cooler?
It's currently set at 300/800/980 in the conf file.
How do I know which profile is currently in use?

start with 880 core, stock volts. only remove the '#' for the core_speed_2 line, that is the profile active when mining

then move up from there to say 950, 980, 1000 my 5830s refuse to clock to 1000
Elmojo

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 03:40:43 AM

start with 880 core, stock volts. only remove the '#' for the core_speed_2 line, that is the profile active when mining

then move up from there to say 950, 980, 1000 my 5830s refuse to clock to 1000

Awesome, thanks!
Got it at 980 right now, seems good so far.
Gonna let it run tonight and see if it's still cool in the morning.
Thanks for the help guys, BAMT rocks!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: