Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:38:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Miner Control 1.6.1 - Auto profit switching miner controller  (Read 164294 times)
kalen37

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:18:52 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2014, 12:36:23 AM by kalen37

I really wish the various authors working to improve ccminer/nvminer would get together and put their work into a github repository so that we could move towards a single source tree again.
Yeah, that would be the most efficient way to manage it.   Undecided

OK. I downloaded djm's latest version and dropped it in the miner control folder. Minercontrol launches and seems to run but once again ccminer doesn't launch. Could you please link the thread you're speaking of so I can try and figure out what I hosed?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StuffOfInterest (OP)

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:38:30 AM

I really wish the various authors working to improve ccminer/nvminer would get together and put their work into a github repository so that we could move towards a single source tree again.

OK. I downloaded djm's latest version and dropped it in the miner control folder. Minercontrol launches and seems to run but once again ccminer doesn't launch. Could you please link the thread you're speaking of so I can try and figure out what I hosed?

Thanks

You will probably have your best luck on this thread.  It is over 1000 pages long so go to the last page and ask away.

BExR exchange rates on your phone's home screen.
Miner Control to get auto algorithm switching for multiple mining services. (please donate if you like)
Could Proof of Blockchain (PoBC) help secure a coin and avoid runaway ASIC mining?
StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:43:03 AM

Hi everybody! Good job with this tool, author-of-miner-control!
Donation mining is all good, but it's different to be thanked personally!

I am coming from AMD mining and I must say nvidia one is not very easy (automating it).
I've been looking at different miners, but I guess they are all based on ccminer / cudaminer...
And none of them have pools configuration. Like set up priority for pools etc...

I am saying all this, because it would be awesome if you can set Miner Control
to fail-over switch between pool 1, 2 or 3 in that order (if 1 and 2 are dead too switch to 3)
and if they are all dead to switch between pools 4,5 and 6 based on profit...

Anybody know if I can do that with Miner Control, or any of the miners, or any other tool out there?

What you are describing is sort of backwards as to how Miner Control would normally be used but it shouldn't be too hard.  Set up the profit switch pools/algos as you would normally do.  For your preferred pools, set them up as manual entries with absurdly high price numbers or a high positive weight number.  This will push the manual entries ahead of the profit switching entries.  As long as you have the launch parameters setup for the three strikes and your out configuration used in the samples then it will try each entry for 30 seconds before falling down to the next one until if finally finds one that will connect.  To avoid staying on a less preferred pool forever make sure you setup a max time for mining so there will be a forced restart every few hours.

Miner Control to get auto algorithm switching for multiple mining services. (please donate if you like)
Could Proof of Blockchain (PoBC) help secure a coin and avoid runaway ASIC mining?
StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:45:11 AM

Another good multi-algo pool would be ipoMiner. They support scrypt, x11 and x13.

https://www.ipominer.com/

Does it have an API which reports per algo earnings in BTC?  Without that it is a non-starter for inclusion as there is no way to calculate earnings and choose which pool/algo to launch.

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 01:47:56 AM

Thanks
most of everything is in 2 or 3 repositories:
* original by Christian Buchner, then some of us try to add new things to it at a time where he didn't feel continuing developping for ccminer.
Most of everything algo from christian and newer algo can be found in my release ghitub/djm34.
The only algo which isn't part of my release is the one developped by tsiv for cryptonote mining.

So there is mostly 2 rep. So I am not sure about what you are complaining... especially when you never showed up on our thread to ask for anything (this is so true, that I didn't know at all of your minercontrol...
Now if you have special needs to ask to ccminer devs (with a s). better post on ccminer thread rather than complaining here (about how we manage stuff) on your thread which I never read until now.

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 02:05:44 AM

Thanks
* original by Christian Buchner, then some of us try to add new things to it at a time where he didn't feel continuing developping for ccminer.
Most of everything algo from christian and newer algo can be found in my release ghitub/djm34.
The only algo which isn't part of my release is the one developped by tsiv for cryptonote mining.

So there is mostly 2 rep. So I am not sure about what you are complaining... especially when you never showed up on our thread to ask for anything (this is so true, that I didn't know at all of your minercontrol...
Now if you have special needs to ask to ccminer devs (with a s). better post on ccminer thread rather than complaining here (about how we manage stuff) on your thread which I never read until now.

djm, that's a little brusque.

I haven't been following the ccminer thread too closely the last couple of months but for a while I did see that several people were working independently on ccminer (doing great things) and a couple of people were then trying to merge together the best of each work into a unified product.  A little haphazard but it was still making progress.  That was the source of my musing that a single github repository would be a nice baseline for continuing to improve ccminer being that cbuchner has moved on to other things.  If your branch is now the most complete then hopefully others will submit pull requests to you rather than forking and releasing even more variants.  I'll probably try switching over to it myself soon as the latest version of nvminer I'm using is experiencing occasional crashes that I wasn't seeing before.

As for kalen37, a couple of us here directed him towards the ccminer thread being that the problem he is experiencing appears to be ccminer related and nothing to do with Miner Control.  I had him try launching ccminer from a batch file a few days ago to get Miner Control completely out of the equation and he still had the same problem with it not starting up correctly.  At that point it became apparent he would likely get better help on the ccminer thread.

Miner Control is generic and not dependent on ccminer or any other specific miner program.  It is just a tool to launch whichever miner someone chooses to configure under it.  The releases don't even have a real miner bundled in, just a fake one used to demonstrate how to configure the program.

Good luck with your continuing work on ccminer.

jjjordan

Activity: 271
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 02:08:19 AM

I am coming from AMD mining and I must say nvidia one is not very easy (automating it).
I've been looking at different miners, but I guess they are all based on ccminer / cudaminer...
And none of them have pools configuration. Like set up priority for pools etc...

to fail-over switch between pool 1, 2 or 3 in that order (if 1 and 2 are dead too switch to 3)

Anybody know if I can do that with Miner Control, or any of the miners, or any other tool out there?

What you are describing is sort of backwards as to how Miner Control would normally be used but it shouldn't be too hard.  Set up the profit switch pools/algos as you would normally do.  For your preferred pools, set them up as manual entries with absurdly high price numbers or a high positive weight number.  This will push the manual entries ahead of the profit switching entries.  As long as you have the launch parameters setup for the three strikes and your out configuration used in the samples then it will try each entry for 30 seconds before falling down to the next one until if finally finds one that will connect.  To avoid staying on a less preferred pool forever make sure you setup a max time for mining so there will be a forced restart every few hours.

Not necessarily backwards as if you are renting your miners renting should be with highest priority.
I like the weight setting idea, thank you for pointing it out. Should've figured it out myself though... Wink
So if renting "pool" is dead and my miner goes to profit switching,
next check if renting "pool" is alive would be after "max time for mining" setting?
I was looking for something more like checking every 1-2 mins if renting pool is alive...
Can I use "switchtime"? After initial start if pool 1 is dead (highest profit), and becomes alive at some point,
will the next choice of pool (after switchtime) include pool 1 again (highest profit, but alive now)?
StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 02:16:10 AM

Not necessarily backwards as if you are renting your miners renting should be with highest priority.
I like the weight setting idea, thank you for pointing it out. Should've figured it out myself though... Wink
So if renting "pool" is dead and my miner goes to profit switching,
next check if renting "pool" is alive would be after "max time for mining" setting?
I was looking for something more like checking every 1-2 mins if renting pool is alive...
Can I use "switchtime"? After initial start if pool 1 is dead (highest profit), and becomes alive at some point,
will the next choice of pool (after switchtime) include pool 1 again (highest profit, but alive now)?

No, switchtime won't help use.  That is used to make sure you don't flicker between two algorithms too fast which are trading the top spot.  Check the first post in the thread for more in depth explanations of each config parameter.

What may work better for you is "deadtime".  This is how long after an algo/pool is declared dead before trying to connect to it again.  If you have it set for 10 minutes and the connection fails then after that 10 minutes is up MC will try to connect you to it again if it is the best paying.  You'll want to tune these setting to limit how much bouncing around you do as each time MC tests a connection it has to shutdown the existing miner and start a new one trying to connect.

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 02:22:21 AM

Thanks

I haven't been following the ccminer thread too closely the last couple of months but for a while I did see that several people were working independently on ccminer (doing great things) and a couple of people were then trying to merge together the best of each work into a unified product.  A little haphazard but it was still making progress.  That was the source of my musing that a single github repository would be a nice baseline for continuing to improve ccminer being that cbuchner has moved on to other things.  If your branch is now the most complete then hopefully others will submit pull requests to you rather than forking and releasing even more variants.  I'll probably try switching over to it myself soon as the latest version of nvminer I'm using is experiencing occasional crashes that I wasn't seeing before.

As for kalen37, a couple of us here directed him towards the ccminer thread being that the problem he is experiencing appears to be ccminer related and nothing to do with Miner Control.  I had him try launching ccminer from a batch file a few days ago to get Miner Control completely out of the equation and he still had the same problem with it not starting up correctly.  At that point it became apparent he would likely get better help on the ccminer thread.

Miner Control is generic and not dependent on ccminer or any other specific miner program.  It is just a tool to launch whichever miner someone chooses to configure under it.  The releases don't even have a real miner bundled in, just a fake one used to demonstrate how to configure the program.

I think he should post exactly what he uses, without that it isn't really possible to help.

Regarding works in ccminer. I must say first that it is a nice platform to implement new algorithm, so people interested and this or that will use ccminer to implement xmr miner or else.
It has never been clear to me that tsiv wanted to have his work included in a release or else. On a different approach Cayars released nvminer to include everything related to nvidia miner (but didn't released the source...).

So all this is due to the presence of several developpers using ccminer more as a developpement platform than a mean to put everything togother... which I don't think has ever been the finality...

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
kalen37

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:19:39 AM

Thanks

I haven't been following the ccminer thread too closely the last couple of months but for a while I did see that several people were working independently on ccminer (doing great things) and a couple of people were then trying to merge together the best of each work into a unified product.  A little haphazard but it was still making progress.  That was the source of my musing that a single github repository would be a nice baseline for continuing to improve ccminer being that cbuchner has moved on to other things.  If your branch is now the most complete then hopefully others will submit pull requests to you rather than forking and releasing even more variants.  I'll probably try switching over to it myself soon as the latest version of nvminer I'm using is experiencing occasional crashes that I wasn't seeing before.

As for kalen37, a couple of us here directed him towards the ccminer thread being that the problem he is experiencing appears to be ccminer related and nothing to do with Miner Control.  I had him try launching ccminer from a batch file a few days ago to get Miner Control completely out of the equation and he still had the same problem with it not starting up correctly.  At that point it became apparent he would likely get better help on the ccminer thread.

Miner Control is generic and not dependent on ccminer or any other specific miner program.  It is just a tool to launch whichever miner someone chooses to configure under it.  The releases don't even have a real miner bundled in, just a fake one used to demonstrate how to configure the program.

I think he should post exactly what he uses, without that it isn't really possible to help.

Regarding works in ccminer. I must say first that it is a nice platform to implement new algorithm, so people interested and this or that will use ccminer to implement xmr miner or else.
It has never been clear to me that tsiv wanted to have his work included in a release or else. On a different approach Cayars released nvminer to include everything related to nvidia miner (but didn't released the source...).

So all this is due to the presence of several developpers using ccminer more as a developpement platform than a mean to put everything togother... which I don't think has ever been the finality...

Well I posted I was using minercontrol (Version 1.3) and using your CCMINER M7V7. Not sure what else you would need? When I get home I will post the error messages.
As to my previous post not sure why you would get angry about it? The crack about over a thousand pages being rather difficult to use for troubleshooting was a general comment.

I'm using a GTX 760 4G of ram.
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 02:02:08 PM

Thanks

Well I posted I was using minercontrol (Version 1.3) and using your CCMINER M7V7. Not sure what else you would need? When I get home I will post the error messages.
As to my previous post not sure why you would get angry about it? The crack about over a thousand pages being rather difficult to use for troubleshooting was a general comment.

what are you mining ? (this is all I have been asking, but still you don't answer...)
I didn't get angry, but you post a message telling basically it doesn't work without giving any information which could be used to help you.
(and it isn't even clear in your message if ccminer crashes or run without mining.... (which may happen in case it can't connect to a pool)

First, try to run ccminer alone mining what you would mine with minercontrol (may-be Miner Control is controlling too many thing, if you don't know what you are mining...) or just tell us what you want to mine so we can tell you how to run ccminer.

Once you have done that then you can try to see what happen with miner control

For tip about running ccminer check cudamining.co.uk site.

djm34 facebook page
kalen37

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 02:40:05 PM

Thanks

what are you mining ? (this is all I have been asking, but still you don't answer...)
I didn't get angry, but you post a message telling basically it doesn't work without giving any information which could be used to help you.
(and it isn't even clear in your message if ccminer crashes or run without mining.... (which may happen in case it can't connect to a pool)

First, try to run ccminer alone mining what you would mine with minercontrol (may-be Miner Control is controlling too many thing, if you don't know what you are mining...) or just tell us what you want to mine so we can tell you how to run ccminer.

I'm sorry, but what I'm using and what I'm mining are 2 different questions. Above I stated what I was using. What I'm mining is X11,X13,X15 and NIST5.
CCMINER doesn't even seem to start, if it does it opens and closes faster then I blink. Above that there are no other indications

and what I posted originally "Minercontrol launches and seems to run but once again ccminer doesn't launch" That's all I can tell you. The only thing else I can do is post the errors from the log, which I will do as soon as I get home.
 When I get home I also build another batch file and see what happens when I start it and pause.
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 02:54:39 PM

Yeah, that would be the most efficient way to manage it.   Undecided

Thanks

I haven't been following the ccminer thread too closely the last couple of months but for a while I did see that several people were working independently on ccminer (doing great things) and a couple of people were then trying to merge together the best of each work into a unified product.  A little haphazard but it was still making progress.  That was the source of my musing that a single github repository would be a nice baseline for continuing to improve ccminer being that cbuchner has moved on to other things.  If your branch is now the most complete then hopefully others will submit pull requests to you rather than forking and releasing even more variants.  I'll probably try switching over to it myself soon as the latest version of nvminer I'm using is experiencing occasional crashes that I wasn't seeing before.

As for kalen37, a couple of us here directed him towards the ccminer thread being that the problem he is experiencing appears to be ccminer related and nothing to do with Miner Control.  I had him try launching ccminer from a batch file a few days ago to get Miner Control completely out of the equation and he still had the same problem with it not starting up correctly.  At that point it became apparent he would likely get better help on the ccminer thread.

Miner Control is generic and not dependent on ccminer or any other specific miner program.  It is just a tool to launch whichever miner someone chooses to configure under it.  The releases don't even have a real miner bundled in, just a fake one used to demonstrate how to configure the program.

I'm sorry, but what I'm using and what I'm mining are 2 different questions. Above I stated what I was using. What I'm mining is X11,X13,X15 and NIST5.
CCMINER doesn't even seem to start, if it does it opens and closes faster then I blink. Above that there are no other indications

and what I posted originally "Minercontrol launches and seems to run but once again ccminer doesn't launch" That's all I can tell you. The only thing else I can do is post the errors from the log, which I will do as soon as I get home.
 When I get home I also build another batch file and see what happens when I start it and pause.
when you are at home try to run ccminer in a standalone mode and see what happens.

eg for x13: Release\ccminer -a x13 -s 2 -o stratum+tcp://dig.minep.it:3369 -u tpruvot.x13 -p minepit
(with the pool you prefer and your username and password...)

djm34 facebook page
kalen37

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 09:25:55 PM

Thanks

when you are at home try to run ccminer in a standalone mode and see what happens.

eg for x13: Release\ccminer -a x13 -s 2 -o stratum+tcp://dig.minep.it:3369 -u tpruvot.x13 -p minepit

OK, ran ccminer by itself. It launches and disappears. Made a .bat file with a pause and the windoiw starts with ************ccminer for nvidia GPUs by djm34************
then the usual stuff and donation address.
then
ccminer.exe: Heavycoin hash requires block reward vote parameter (see --vote)

will try and figure out how to do what you're requesting above,.
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 09:44:55 PM

Yeah, that would be the most efficient way to manage it.   Undecided

Thanks

OK, ran ccminer by itself. It launches and disappears. Made a .bat file with a pause and the windoiw starts with ************ccminer for nvidia GPUs by djm34************
then

can you put here exactly what there is in your bat, when it exits with this kind of message it means, it didn't recognize the algo you entered (picking up the default heavycoin)

djm34 facebook page
kalen37

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 10:06:37 PM

************ccminer for nvidia GPUs by djm34************
then

can you put here exactly what there is in your bat, when it exits with this kind of message it means, it didn't recognize the algo you entered (picking up the default heavycoin)
[/quote]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9d54b9movp6axc/Screenshot%202014-10-15%2017.04.56.png?dl=0

bat file:
@echo off
ccminer.exe
pause

Zels

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 10:09:32 PM

then

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9d54b9movp6axc/Screenshot%202014-10-15%2017.04.56.png?dl=0

bat file:
@echo off
ccminer.exe
pause
[/quote]

And where do you tell to ccminer where to mine and what to mine in your bat ?
line should be like this: ccminer.exe -r 3 -R 5 --algo=x11 -o stratum+tcp://eu.wafflepool.com:3331 -u yourlogin -p yourPassword
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 10:53:17 PM

then

bat file:
@echo off
ccminer.exe
pause

line should be like this: ccminer.exe -r 3 -R 5 --algo=x11 -o stratum+tcp://eu.wafflepool.com:3331 -u yourlogin -p yourPassword
yes, ccminer cannot be run without any argument. You (or miner control I assume) need to append the argument so it knows what to do...
I hope you'll figure out rapidly how to copy and paste the line I (or Zels) gave you so we can move on... but my guess would be a problem related to miner control (or the operator  Wink )

djm34 facebook page
kalen37

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:19:29 PM

then

bat file:
@echo off
ccminer.exe
pause

yes, ccminer cannot be run without any argument. You (or miner control I assume) need to append the argument so it knows what to do...
I hope you'll figure out rapidly how to copy and paste the line I (or Zels) gave you so we can move on... but my guess would be a problem related to miner control (or the operator  Wink )

operator error it is. I'm a newb, so figures.
New problem. So I built the .bat correctly as per y'all instructions, hash rate between 1700 and 2100. After about 6 messages my whole system crashes. And I'm not saying it shutdown or rebooted. It crashed, I had to use system restore to get it back.
symptom: Computer bios boot runs, windows starts loading then goes to a kind of dark purple screen. Hard drive seems to think it's done. SO it sounds like something with the video card.
 Any idea's what I need to modify to keep it from kaboom? vid = GTX 760 with 4G ram.
Zels

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:42:59 PM

Do you use any tools to overclock your graphic card like evga precision or msi afterburner? If yes, try to lower/disable overclock and try again.

If not, you can try to monitor temp of you graphic card with msi afterburner (without overcloaking) and see if temps is raising really fast when you try ccminer.

Else found this on google with purple screen on boot: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-system/windows-8-shows-a-blinking-purple-screen-after/0babde4b-c070-4976-a7c0-c073207ba194http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-system/windows-8-shows-a-blinking-purple-screen-after/0babde4b-c070-4976-a7c0-c073207ba194  it's on windows 8, but user found that without avast problem was solved. Perhaps somethings you can try Smiley

If nothing work, a clean install of windows/reinstal of updated driver is the last solution ^^
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: