Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:57:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFGMiner 5.5.0: CPU/GPU/FPGA/ASIC mining software, GBT+Stratum, RPC, Linux/Win64  (Read 834122 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:28:12 PM

Been going back in and out of trying to figure this out for about 2 days now..

--stratum-port just flat out doesnt work for me.

I can start bfgminer with the setting and port, but i just get the SSM: no 2d upstream error continuously scrolling.  I can telnet to the stratum port and submit commands which do show up in the miners monitor screen, but the Antminers dont see it as a stratum pool that is alive.

I can probably avoid having to do this all together if I could get BFGminer working on the OpenWRT of the Antminer S1
That error means your pools can't be proxied. Try using another pool.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:28:34 PM

I can start bfgminer with the setting and port, but i just get the SSM: no 2d upstream error continuously scrolling.  I can telnet to the stratum port and submit commands which do show up in the miners monitor screen, but the Antminers dont see it as a stratum pool that is alive.

I can probably avoid having to do this all together if I could get BFGminer working on the OpenWRT of the Antminer S1

I tried solo-mining by running BFGMiner on the Beaglebone Black of a KNC Jupiter once, and the GBT protocol ate all the processor and wanted a lot more.

I don't know what embedded h/w the Antminers use, but it probably doesn't have the horsepower to run GBT.

Must have been a long time ago? GBT should perform as well as stratum now.

xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:37:04 PM

I tried solo-mining by running BFGMiner on the Beaglebone Black of a KNC Jupiter once, and the GBT protocol ate all the processor and wanted a lot more.

I don't know what embedded h/w the Antminers use, but it probably doesn't have the horsepower to run GBT.

Yeah, it was a long time ago.  At the time I posted about it on here, and you told me that GBT was not optimized, and that accounted for the issue.  I guess it got optimized since then Wink

Thanks.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
epichaberdasher

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:53:30 PM

Hi Luke, do you know if BFGMiner 5.2.0 is the latest version that get installed in ubuntu using apt -get ? Ive been searching through the github readmes and also google and can't find any info on getting 5.4.1 on ubuntu. Im using Ubuntu 15.10.

I want to see if 5.4.1 fixes the issues im having with my BFL Monarch.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 04:06:56 AM

Hi Luke, do you know if BFGMiner 5.2.0 is the latest version that get installed in ubuntu using apt -get ? Ive been searching through the github readmes and also google and can't find any info on getting 5.4.1 on ubuntu. Im using Ubuntu 15.10.

I want to see if 5.4.1 fixes the issues im having with my BFL Monarch.
5.2.0 is the latest Debian has packages (and Ubuntu just leeches off them).
README has instructions for building from source code.

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 10:02:37 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2015, 10:14:02 AM by toptek

So can somebody let me know how to install the latest version of BFGminer on Ubuntu ? I can only get 5.2.0 to install.

That's how do it on my pi's with Ubuntu trusty or  Ubuntu 1.5

Code:
cd /opt
sudo apt-get -y install git-core build-essential autoconf automake libtool pkg-config libcurl4-gnutls-dev libjansson-dev uthash-dev libncursesw5-dev libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libevent-dev libmicrohttpd-dev libc-bin
sudo git clone https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer.git
cd /opt/bfgminer
sudo ./autogen.sh
sudo chmod +x ./configure  
sudo ./configure CFLAGS="-O2" --enable-scrypt --enable-broad-udevrules --disable-other-drivers --enable-icarus --enable-zeusminer --enable-gridseed --enable-bitmain
sudo make
sudo ldconfig
lsusb
sudo ./bfgminer --version

i use sudo because i don't do it at root, i have a user set up for sudo use with non root.

The antminers can run GBT with bfg with np.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 10:33:36 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2015, 10:06:30 PM by Nthused

I'm having some trouble setting up my Zeus ThunderX3 ASIC with bfgminer.

Any help would be appreciated.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1273232

EDIT: Got it worked out Smiley
fullintegrity

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 09:17:59 PM

long time appreciator and respector of lukejr bfgminer, however, i am running into an issue with a laptop that i darin boot n nuke and installed ubuntu and upgraded. so sudo su gets me in and apt-get install bfgminer.
here comes the prob:
when it loads, it says no device? yesm, i already tried add all and zus:all as well, but still no go here on ubuntu and bfgminer trying to connect the x3 thunder up.
It seems to me that the unit IS NOT seeing the x3?, i have the usb plugged in.
Is there a ubuntu terminal cmd i can call to see my devices, like in windows? Also is there a special driver needed or something to run the miner or something like windows  grid seeds?
So, yeah... polling the gurus...
-im sure the guy who gets me going will get his choice of scrypt for a day or something with this beast....
appreciate Smiley

1Lfx2Dv69BUgs5v18LtcLqFYKuiJvhxPYh
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 12:03:50 AM

long time appreciator and respector of lukejr bfgminer, however, i am running into an issue with a laptop that i darin boot n nuke and installed ubuntu and upgraded. so sudo su gets me in and apt-get install bfgminer.
here comes the prob:
when it loads, it says no device? yesm, i already tried add all and zus:all as well, but still no go here on ubuntu and bfgminer trying to connect the x3 thunder up.
It seems to me that the unit IS NOT seeing the x3?, i have the usb plugged in.
Is there a ubuntu terminal cmd i can call to see my devices, like in windows? Also is there a special driver needed or something to run the miner or something like windows  grid seeds?
So, yeah... polling the gurus...
-im sure the guy who gets me going will get his choice of scrypt for a day or something with this beast....
appreciate Smiley

sudo ldconfig
lsusb 

please post what that says >).

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Toll-Booth-Jim

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 04:38:24 PM

Hi everyone.  Just made an account, have been mining (inefficiently) for about a week and I have not a single idear of what i'm doing for the most part.  ATM i'm using very small minded miners, usb stick miners.  I did however just get in a Bitmain Antminer U3.  That's still a fairly unsophisticated miner but it's something to start with.  I've been using BFG Miner V. 5.4.1 and it's been very good to me until now.  I can't for the life of me get the program to recognize the Antminer U3 as a mining device.  BFG does talk with the miner but like I said BFG doesn't know what to do with it yet.  I've come here for help with this issue.  I don't really know code either reading it or writing it (understanding it) so if I was told a command line to input into bfg miner I wouldn't know how to do that but if I figured it out it would have to be the exact thing i'd be entering into it.  It could be adding code to cmd prompt which I've done for a different asic but that was because someone told me how to do it.  By the way i'm running windows 10 (which makes this even more difficult and I don't have any virtual desktop/computer software to load it on a older version of windows or Linux or what have you.  I'm also running a 64 bit version or windows.  So I would be ever grateful if I could get some help on this subject.  Thanks in advance.

Toll-Booth-Jim Grin
Buchi-88
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 2496

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 10:19:35 AM

Hello,

is a support for the Technobit "DICE" planned?

http://technobit.eu/index.php?id_product=93&controller=product

regards

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 10:55:54 AM

Hello,

is a support for the Technobit "DICE" planned?

http://technobit.eu/index.php?id_product=93&controller=product

regards
At this time, they have not contacted me at all about this.
Customers (or prospective ones) should inquire if they will provide a sample to work with.

Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 07:25:26 PM

I did however just get in a Bitmain Antminer U3.

You should try the U3 support thread, probably get more advice there: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=827356.0

But general consensus is the U3 is a terrible miner and you may or may not be able to get it to work, everyone has different results.  The best advice for the U3 is to by an R1 from ASICpuppy with custom firmware and let it control the U3.
.anto.

Activity: 179
Merit: 131

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 09:41:08 AM

Hi Luke,

When my Antminer U3s stop hashing, I usually start with unplug and re-plug the USB cable to bring them up again while BFGMiner is still running. But sometime I have to unplug and re-plug the power as well while BFGMiner is running. And when the last action does not bring the miners into stable state, I have to stop BFGMiner, unplug USB cable first, unplug the power, plug the power, plug the USB cable and start BFGMiner again.

There seems to be different behaviours on the above 3 series of actions. While BFGMiner is running, after I unplug and re-plug the USB cable, does BFGMiner set the chip type, clock, voltage and timing when it realises that the miner is connecting again? How about if I also unplug and re-plug the power while BFGMiner is running? Does it behave the same like when I unplug and re-plug only the USB cable?

Cheers,

Anto
mannyg

Activity: 142
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 08:19:51 PM

Cant be proxied?  I'm trying this in a solo mining setup at a local wallet.  i CAN get BFGminer to do an http-port proxy but not stratum to the local wallet.  When using the http-port, my Antminer S1 wont connect at all.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:33:26 PM

I can start bfgminer with the setting and port, but i just get the SSM: no 2d upstream error continuously scrolling.  I can telnet to the stratum port and submit commands which do show up in the miners monitor screen, but the Antminers dont see it as a stratum pool that is alive.

Cant be proxied?  I'm trying this in a solo mining setup at a local wallet.  i CAN get BFGminer to do an http-port proxy but not stratum to the local wallet.  When using the http-port, my Antminer S1 wont connect at all.
You're talking to the local wallet with GBT? It is Bitcoin Core or a compatible derivative (ie, not an altcoin)? What exact software/version?
http-port is getwork, which is significantly different from stratum.

mannyg

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 05:42:31 PM

sigh still no device found on the S1 and S3 after this weekend i may not have any more Sad . I wanted to see it work on S1/3 really did but im buying A6 this week coming sold all my antminer but one it doesn't work, it for parts for Sidehacks boards when they happen .

https://i.imgur.com/xXeKyPR.png

using these lines :

/etc/init.d/cgminer stop

bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u your btc -p x -S bitmain:auto --set btm:model=S3 --set btm:layout=32:8 --set btm:timeout=17 --set btm:clock=231 --set btm:reg_data=0d82 --set btm:voltage=x0725 --queue 8192

Ive tried all different ways of using the options .

If i use

cat /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices

root@antMiner:~# cat /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices

T:  Bus=01 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#=  1 Spd=480  MxCh= 1
B:  Alloc=  0/800 us ( 0%), #Int=  1, #Iso=  0
D:  Ver= 2.00 Cls=09(hub  ) Sub=00 Prot=01 MxPS=64 #Cfgs=  1
P:  Vendor=1d6b ProdID=0002 Rev= 3.10
S:  Manufacturer=Linux 3.10.12 ehci_hcd
S:  Product=EHCI Host Controller
S:  SerialNumber=ehci-platform
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=e0 MxPwr=  0mA
I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub  ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
E:  Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=   4 Ivl=256ms

T:  Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#=  2 Spd=480  MxCh= 2
D:  Ver= 2.00 Cls=09(hub  ) Sub=00 Prot=01 MxPS=64 #Cfgs=  1
P:  Vendor=0409 ProdID=005a Rev= 1.00
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=e0 MxPwr=100mA
I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub  ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
E:  Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=   1 Ivl=256ms

T:  Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=02 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#=  5 Spd=12   MxCh= 0
D:  Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs=  1
P:  Vendor=4254 ProdID=4153 Rev= 0.01
S:  Manufacturer=BitMain Technology Inc.
S:  Product=Asic Control
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=c0 MxPwr=100mA
I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=usbfs
E:  Ad=81(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS=  64 Ivl=0ms
E:  Ad=01(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS=  64 Ivl=0ms
root@antMiner:~#

as far as i can tell all driver are installed so can any one tell me what i might be doing wrong ?. I downloaded it off openwrt the readme way .  

bitmain is enabled now in the bfgminer file when I use bfgminer --version  it shows it on the enabled list now .

I get it working on S5's with NP Smiley.

Im trying to run the same commands as above inside my S1 through a PuTTY session and not having any luck.  Installed the bfgminer on it and i can start BFGminer but it will not detect any bitmain devices
mannyg

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:04:47 PM

FWIW i can get it mining through PuTTY using CGminer with this option " --bitmain-options 115200:32:8:38:368.75:5d05"
munky666

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 07:10:46 PM

no bfgminer in apt-get install anymore?
ltcnim
Legendary

Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:22:36 PM

is there any estime when the new protocol from bitcoin 11.1 will be supported?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: