Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:57:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack  (Read 136086 times)
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 11:46:38 PM

That all seems entirely plausible, yes.  There is a reason we replaced this kind of lynch mob justice with a government run conflict resolution system in the courts, they know that people who want to believe someone is guilty will let that color their opinion of the facts in a counter-productive way like what is happening with you right now.

And there is a reason why we find your constant agreements with Zhou and his Tallstory incredibly hilarious.

Oh and isnt it amazing after people commented on Zhou story as complete bullshit he doesnt post any effort to defend himself yet as he did before this amazing story. Yes he thought we were all so gullible that we would hang on every word of his, game over.

I tend to be on the side of ZT for now as well.  Time will tell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rarity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 11:47:26 PM

That all seems entirely plausible, yes.  There is a reason we replaced this kind of lynch mob justice with a government run conflict resolution system in the courts, they know that people who want to believe someone is guilty will let that color their opinion of the facts in a counter-productive way like what is happening with you right now.

And there is a reason why we find your constant agreements with Zhou and his Tallstory incredibly hilarious.

Oh and isnt it amazing after people commented on Zhou story as complete bullshit he doesnt post any effort to defend himself yet as he did before this amazing story. Yes he thought we were all so gullible that we would hang on every word of his, game over.

See, this is how it is so clear you folks just want to blame Zhou Tong and will use any fact of the matter to condemn him.  When he accomplishes something quickly, tracking down the hacker and talking to him that means he is guilty and is running some massive secret hacking conspiracy.  When he is away for a while, perhaps working further to bring this episode to a conclusion, that too is a sign he is guilty and is running some massive secret hacking conspiracy.  

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 11:49:09 PM

See, this is how it is so clear you folks just want to blame Zhou Tong and will use any fact of the matter to condemn him.  When he accomplishes something quickly, tracking down the hacker and talking to him that means he is guilty and is running some massive secret hacking conspiracy.  When he is away for a while, perhaps working further to bring this episode to a conclusion, that too is a sign he is guilty and is running some massive secret hacking conspiracy.  

ZT, you should be spending less time here playing shill and more time getting the money back...

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 11:51:08 PM

ZT, you should be spending less time here playing shill and more time getting the money back...
You should spend less time here and more time in an actual police station filing an actual complaint instead of playing lynchmob on an internet forum

dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 11:51:24 PM

I'll believe Zhou Tong until the side that says it's him actually posts some evidence. Since aurumxchange posted their post, no information has been posted other than "hey look, some of the most reputable people say there is more evidence!".
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 11:55:00 PM

so in 69 minutes and 32 seconds you called this guy whom you know only little, reached him, explained the situation to him, clarified the hack, convinced him to return the coins, calculated an estimate return and wrote the lengthy statement...

are you kidding me?

You forgot one thing (not sure of its relevance until I see a reply(s)): What was the local time of which both parties were in when this took place? Was contact made my phone? (maybe two things) The millionaire just happened to be available to take your call? (maybe three things) The millionaire really felt threaten by your call? (maybe several more things)

~Bruno~

Zhou made his post saying that he'd identified a suspect and was going to call him at 20:46:19 Australian Eastern Standard Time.  China is behind us timewise, so it would have been late afternoon to early evening there, depending on where in China the call was received.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
dree12
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 11:57:20 PM

so in 69 minutes and 32 seconds you called this guy whom you know only little, reached him, explained the situation to him, clarified the hack, convinced him to return the coins, calculated an estimate return and wrote the lengthy statement...

are you kidding me?

You forgot one thing (not sure of its relevance until I see a reply(s)): What was the local time of which both parties were in when this took place? Was contact made my phone? (maybe two things) The millionaire just happened to be available to take your call? (maybe three things) The millionaire really felt threaten by your call? (maybe several more things)

~Bruno~

Zhou made his post saying that he'd identified a suspect and was going to call him at 20:46:19 Australian Eastern Standard Time.  China is behind us timewise, so it would have been late afternoon to early evening there, depending on where in China the call was received.

All of China is in the same timezone.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 11:58:49 PM

I'll believe Zhou Tong until the side that says it's him actually posts some evidence. Since aurumxchange posted their post, no information has been posted other than "hey look, some of the most reputable people say there is more evidence!".

New evidence shows that zhoutong is the hacker.

After Bitcoinica MtGox account compromised ,zhoutong sell LR in China.

日期:2012-7-12

Ryan(11853074) 20:03:18
6.2出LR,财付通付款

Ryan(11853074) 20:13:06
要多少有多少

Ryan(11853074) 20:13:12
我帮一个朋友出的

Ryan(11853074) 20:14:06
1万美元之内都没什么问题

Ryan(11853074) 20:17:18

LibertyReserve

And  zhoutong's LR account is :

zhoutong said The hacker registered a Liberty Reserve account U9236056 at Jul 12, 2012 9:42 PM.

So now everyone knows zhoutong is the hacker!!!

Wow, Zhoutong, how will you respond to this ?   Shocked Shocked Shocked

I guess this also doesnt prove anything to the donkeys who still believe him and this is probably just more coincidence in the world that simply hates Zhou and also the world who tranfers the LR to Zhou's own LR account just to mess with him.

If all of this is fake then I guess its a miracle Zhou lived this long without getting run over by a tortoise.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 12:00:07 AM

Why would you let a known gangster near your financial accounts ?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 12:01:39 AM

And I'm not sure if this fits in, but...

From the DUMP: 9492,zhoujianfu,ahoohooahoo@yahoo.com

ahoohooahoo@yahoo.com is linked to somebody named Josh Jones registering tweeny.org through DreamHost exactly one month prior to the registration of zhoutong.com.

~Bruno~
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 12:05:10 AM

are you kidding me?

~Bruno~

The guy contacted me a few days ago asking "How is it going?" after half a year of silence, and I didn't reply him on the spot. (i.e. He's interested in talking to me, but I wasn't.)

He's quite available, especially at night.

The phone call lasted about 20 minutes. We spoke in Chinese, which delivers more information than most other languages per unit time.

I was trained to write a 2,000-word Economics handwritten essay with planning and graphing (yes, with a ruler) in 45 minutes. I have done that at least 15 times last year and I have never exceeded the exam time limits.

I have already prepared some statements about his background so I didn't have to write the full statement after the phone call.

He's probably engaged in other illegal activities, and obviously I control more information about him than I should. I have done some deals with him previously, especially the advisory on credit card fraud prevention.

China has tight currency controls so he has wired the funds to an offshore bank account, most likely in Jersey. I don't think he has any bank account in Singapore.

Anyway, I'm not going to post much on this forum because a lot of people became extremely irrational. I'm waiting for Bitcoinica's official instructions, whether it's formal investigation or other settlement options. It's illegal for me to return funds to private parties directly at the moment because I'm not authorized to possess the stolen funds. I allow AurumXchange to continue blocking my transaction until some progress is made (USD interest is negligible anyway).

My life has been greatly impacted.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 12:08:58 AM

Please retain a lawyer Zhou.  You're out of your depth all around on this one.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 12:11:20 AM

Regarding zhoutong.com.

By my estimate there are at least 5,000 people in China with name Zhou Tong (it can be 周同, 周通, 周彤, 周童, 周佟, 周统, 周仝, 周潼, 周筒 and many other variations).

I purchased zhoutong.com in March 2012 from a guy called 周佟 (Zhou Tong), for an iPad + iPhone (some Chinese love this stuff).

I was using zhoutong.me before that, and I also control ryanzhou.com and zhoutong.org.

I once had some difficulties in opening a bank account because another guy named Zhou Tong had suspicious political affiliations and he was in some blocked persons list. But the banker quickly resolved this issue after confirming that I'm a different Zhou Tong.

So, it's really not necessary to discuss my name.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 12:15:28 AM

Regarding zhoutong.com.

By my estimate there are at least 5,000 people in China with name Zhou Tong (it can be 周同, 周通, 周彤, 周童, 周佟, 周统, 周仝, 周潼, 周筒 and many other variations).

I purchased zhoutong.com in March 2012 from a guy called 周佟 (Zhou Tong), for an iPad + iPhone (some Chinese love this stuff).

I was using zhoutong.me before that, and I also control ryanzhou.com and zhoutong.org.

I once had some difficulties in opening a bank account because another guy named Zhou Tong had suspicious political affiliations and he was in some blocked persons list. But the banker quickly resolved this issue after confirming that I'm a different Zhou Tong.

You need a lawyer. If that guy has sent funds the lawyer can hold them in trust.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3057

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 12:16:19 AM

You better get used to invasion Zhou, cause it's going to get a lot worse.

Where I come from we don't let people steal half a million dollars and get away with it.

That's all I'm going to say about that anymore, since I'm not going to incriminate myself further.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
defxor

Activity: 530

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 12:17:58 AM

New evidence shows that zhoutong is the hacker.

After Bitcoinica MtGox account compromised ,zhoutong sell LR in China.

日期:2012-7-12

Ryan(11853074) 20:03:18
6.2出LR,财付通付款

Ryan(11853074) 20:13:06
要多少有多少

Ryan(11853074) 20:13:12
我帮一个朋友出的

Ryan(11853074) 20:14:06
1万美元之内都没什么问题

Ryan(11853074) 20:17:18

LibertyReserve

And  zhoutong's LR account is :

zhoutong said The hacker registered a Liberty Reserve account U9236056 at Jul 12, 2012 9:42 PM.

So now everyone knows zhoutong is the hacker!!!

Wow, Zhoutong, how will you respond to this ?   Shocked Shocked Shocked

And now we know:

Anyway, I'm not going to post much on this forum because a lot of people became extremely irrational.

Don't worry, it happened to Bruce Wagner as well. It hurts when the bubble bursts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudologia_fantastica

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 12:25:13 AM

Regarding zhoutong.com.

I dont think you get what is coming upon you. A few weeks ago someone got beaten and killed here because they wanted the change he was carrying in his wallet. People do crazy shit for like this for under $10 what do you think is going to happen for half a million dollars ?

You need to protect yourself  because I dont think you realise the extreme danger you are now facing. As an outsider without a stake in bitcoinica I can see the shit rolling down the hill towards you. You need bodyguards at a minimum.

dree12
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 12:30:17 AM

This kind of witch hunt depresses my confidence in the forum. Clearly, people would rather trust some anonymous person who posts "new evidence" without base than rational arguments.

I've been wrong before, and I won't deny that even I think there is a substantial chance that I will be wrong. But there's no point in accusing people until solid evidence has been posted.

new evidence supports satoshi is the hacker.

After hack of Mtgox bitoinica account ,funds to 12c6DSiU4Rq3P4ZxziKxzrL5LmMBrzjrJX transfer .

dato:2012-7-10

Nakamoto(43922) 23:1:20
3.4 PX, Ninepay

Nakamoto(b#210000) 22:22:22
al 12c6D 50000 BTC

SatoshiDice reserve

And Satoshi's satoshidice account is :
1dice3kz6QWdGt9WDunzwim4EjmfKVoXVo

So now everyone know satoshi hacker!
sarpar

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 12:32:18 AM

are you kidding me?

~Bruno~

The guy contacted me a few days ago asking "How is it going?" after half a year of silence, and I didn't reply him on the spot. (i.e. He's interested in talking to me, but I wasn't.)

He's quite available, especially at night.

The phone call lasted about 20 minutes. We spoke in Chinese, which delivers more information than most other languages per unit time.

I was trained to write a 2,000-word Economics handwritten essay with planning and graphing (yes, with a ruler) in 45 minutes. I have done that at least 15 times last year and I have never exceeded the exam time limits.

I have already prepared some statements about his background so I didn't have to write the full statement after the phone call.

He's probably engaged in other illegal activities, and obviously I control more information about him than I should. I have done some deals with him previously, especially the advisory on credit card fraud prevention.

China has tight currency controls so he has wired the funds to an offshore bank account, most likely in Jersey. I don't think he has any bank account in Singapore.

Anyway, I'm not going to post much on this forum because a lot of people became extremely irrational. I'm waiting for Bitcoinica's official instructions, whether it's formal investigation or other settlement options. It's illegal for me to return funds to private parties directly at the moment because I'm not authorized to possess the stolen funds. I allow AurumXchange to continue blocking my transaction until some progress is made (USD interest is negligible anyway).

That you had contact with him and prepared a statemen ahead of time, is new information - but also (i am sorry) fishy...
I know what capable people are able to do and I speak Chinese myself - but still: the part of you convincing him and develop an united strategy in such a short timeframe is in context not very realistic. Also your statement is no Econ 1 essay - i guess you had to think carefully about what you say facing possibly legal charges. Enough with the over self-confidence, out with the truth, even if you have been only a puppet in this mascarade.

I would also like to know what you have to say to those allegations of Liberty Coin Deals in China for you...

I openly boycott the Bitcoinica Consultancy team or Intersango: Donald Norman, Patrick Strateman and Amir Taaki
defxor

Activity: 530

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 12:35:55 AM

This kind of witch hunt depresses my confidence in the forum. Clearly, people would rather trust some anonymous person who posts "new evidence" without base than rational arguments.

With varying definitions of anonymous and rational, of course:

I am the owner of www.cnbtcnews.com. I introduce bitcoin to chinese people.
The evidence is from one person of my qq group.
zhoutong sell LR, and he buy LR from zhoutong.

How does this person know for sure Zhou Thong was behind U9236056?

He buy LR from zhoutong ,zhoutong show the LR account and the total fund is $23439.57.

How do you know he bought it from "ZT" if it was just over electronic communication?
Many people in China of bitcoin community knows zhoutong's qq account, so that's zhoutong.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: