Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:03:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack  (Read 136083 times)
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 01:13:56 PM

So intuitively I feel that the more the community criticizes me, the more I deserve to actually take possession of the funds and run away (because they penalized me like I did steal the funds, and I didn't). Please don't take these words at face value. I'm just discovering what I'm actually thinking and feeling.
Totally agree, ZT. If it makes you feel better, I'm still with you.

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 01:26:29 PM

Sadly too many people in this community sucks, far from having a community of free trade, freedom and equality, we have a bunch of prepotent, trolls and provocateurs.

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 01:28:06 PM

So intuitively I feel that the more the community criticizes me, the more I deserve to actually take possession of the funds and run away (because they penalized me like I did steal the funds, and I didn't). Please don't take these words at face value. I'm just discovering what I'm actually thinking and feeling.

My deposits in Bitcoinica represented 2 years of savings. Over 700 days of hard work and consistently living below my means. Money is earned by being a productive member of society, by adding value, not because someone doesn't agree with you on the internet.

That said, I'm happy you resisted the temptation to grab the money & run. Doing the right thing is not always the easiest thing but it must be done.
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 01:46:22 PM

So you better shut up, you worthless scam victims!  Grin
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 02:09:43 PM

I'm trying to squeeze funds to see if I can compensate more personally, but I'm not in a very good financial condition. If NameTerrific is profitable in the future, I will be happy to contribute more personal funds to help Bitcoinica customers.

Look at this liar!

I have heavily invested in Bitcoin (I purchased one 1,000 BTC gold coin from Casascius and will keep it for as long as I can).

1,000 BTC is definitely not enough to compensate the shortfall is Bitcoinica still insolvent. Also it won't make my financial condition any better. My tuition fees are A$30,000 per year. By my estimation I won't be able to survive without any income until mid-2013.

Also I planned to invest majority of my bank savings into Australian shares (Telstra is climbing... :-( ), and it seems that this plan has to be pulled off as well. (I made the plan when I received about $10,000 from Bitcoinica every month. The salary lasted for only 2 months.)

We have noticed  that it is much more effective when you target friends and family. Xavier is not going to be happy with you Zhou. This is my FINAL WARNING. Send to: 1HJc5VLMpFCQJg2maP9wGuCo3NAgwaCJQj

Maria. 17,000 BTC

Since you've made your claim public on numerous times about owed 16000 and then 17000 BTC, would you be kind enough to provide proof that you've actually sent said amount to Bitcoinica in a form or blockchain's transaction id or a receiving bitcoin address?   Then someone who is or was involved at Bitcoinca who would have had access to wallet which received these funds could confirm it.
As it stands now your claim looks sketchy at best without any evidence.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 02:30:24 PM

Since you've made your claim public on numerous times about owed 16000 and then 17000 BTC, would you be kind enough to provide proof that you've actually sent said amount to Bitcoinica in a form or blockchain's transaction id or a receiving bitcoin address?   Then someone who is or was involved at Bitcoinca who would have had access to wallet which received these funds could confirm it.

1) CoinExchanger is Maria, but was already banned by the staff here once for spamming/scamming so he's just using Maria instead.

2) I've already confirmed that he holds no balance at Bitcoinica.

3) He has never provided any evidence otherwise.

I hope you have -another- sockpuppet Leo, because Maria's on her way out too.

MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 03:01:11 PM

Zhou,

Please check with the hacker to see if he can return a copy of the database in addition to the stolen funds.
This would solve just about all the current difficulties.

Please help!

tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 03:05:38 PM

Zhou,

Please check with the hacker to see if he can return a copy of the database in addition to the stolen funds.

Please help!

It is assumed that Chen Jianhai was an opportunist, due to the recent leak of source code, not part of the first group of hackers who destroyed bitcoinica.

MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 03:09:23 PM

Zhou,

Please help!

It is assumed that Chen Jianhai was an opportunist, due to the recent leak of source code, not part of the first group of hackers who destroyed bitcoinica.

With the way this soap opera is unfolding,  you never know.

Zhou,  please see what you can do to get a copy of the database!

Maria

Activity: 832
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 03:14:53 PM

1) CoinExchanger is Maria, but was already banned by the staff here once for spamming/scamming so he's just using Maria instead.

2) I've already confirmed that he holds no balance at Bitcoinica.

3) He has never provided any evidence otherwise.

I hope you have -another- sockpuppet Leo, because Maria's on her way out too.

Yes, many years ago, Leo and I decided to become one and he same. We complement each other in a way your small brain can not comprehend.

As some of you may know, we own a private exchange that handles liberty reserve and bitcoin transactions. We also have similar platforms that run with Perfect Money and Pecunix in other languages. In the physical world, we own many different businesses that range from banana boat rentals, to restaurants, to real estate property.

The reason why we are into cryptocurrencies is strictly because anonymity and the bitcoinica claims process wanted us to breach precisely that.

Our deposits into bitcoinica came in many ways and forms all from our client base, so there is no way we can check the blockchain for transactions.

Today, we still run and transfer thousands daily using Mt. Gox, Bitinstant, AurumXchange, CryptoXchange, and Campbx.. The lost of bitcoinica is only a thread of our financial spiderweb. Unfortunately it was one of my favorites until the events happened.

There you have it guys.

@Matthew I have more Skype conversations of you BEGGING for money for your BS projects. Good luck bum!

Maria.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 03:17:05 PM

Zhou,

Please help!

Dansker

Activity: 740

Hello world!

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 03:25:54 PM

Now that was an interesting read. I have one question. How can a jurist tell when somebody is lying or telling the truth on the witness stand?

The same way the police do in a questioning: Ask a whole bunch of questions until the answers start contradicting, then bingo, we have a liar.

Even a simple lie is extremely hard to keep coherent, since it has to fit in with reality and itself, while reality is quite easy to keep making sense and not contradicting itself.

BitcoinBug

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 03:38:58 PM

I have cried twice in phone calls with a friend (not Xavier btw), because of the pressure from this community. I told him everything and I was highly motivated to continue with my life. I almost wanted to grab the money from Chen Jianhai and run away, but he told me not to.

Thinking is not the same as doing, but it still tells a lot. I hope the "he is clearly innocent" posts authors will keep this in mind. I can't say you stole it, but so far it's still the most reasonable explanation, IMO. Kudos for returning the money though.

Yes I agree. I'm not sure how others will react in similar situations. My only feeling at that time was like:

"The community is so unfair, and they assumed I'm the thief. I should probably get the money so that the unnecessary pain and psychological insecurity can be compensated for."

The problem can be quite philosophical, but I can imagine a thought experiment:

If the society punishes a thief in extreme ways, will the thief actually "deserve" what he has obtained?
If the person is actually innocent, will he be determined to become a thief to get compensation?

I have heard a story:

A kindergarten started charging a fine for parents who are late for picking up their children, in a hope that these parents will have a disincentive to arrive late in the future. However, after a while, the kindergarten discovered that the number of parents who are late everyday becomes even higher.

A psychologist has analyzed that these parents feel less guilty when they face a fine, because they believed that they had already paid for their mistakes, and they can continue making such mistakes as long as the fines are affordable.

I like psychology actually. I'm thinking about the 5000 BTC you donated right after the "hack". This donation could be interpreted as indulgence for your bad conscience, if you were actually the thief!

About community, that is supposedly unfair. I think it neither fair or unfair, it just evaluates the data. It's not personal! If we are biased in any way, my guess is we are actually biased in your favour, because you have had quite a reputation!

Just to summarize the data:
- the stevejobs email, that was used in the hack, was yours
- you used it in some other activities, where you wanted to hide your identity
- the "hacker" knew, that the MtGox api keys are stored in LastPass. You also knew.
- the "hacker" figured out the LastPass password. You knew the password.
- since some of the stolen funds were returned, we can actually eliminate all other suspects (Consultancy, Tihan), except you and your (imaginary?) "friend"
- let's say your "friend" (with whom you said had no contact for months before the hack) knew the intimate security of Bitcoinica... what is the most reasonable explanation as to who he got it from?
- 5000 BTC can be interpreted as indulgence

If this is all a big coincidence... well... I say the universe has a strong sense of humor!
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 03:44:24 PM

After reading a lot of posts, i actually suspect zhoutong is the thief who stolen money.
A lot of persons & posts told him to go to a lawyer & stop posting.
He never did it.
Simple reason is if he goes to a lawyer, he has to tell full story & even the lawyer can threaten him in future.
But their is also another important point he has to tell.
The Chinese guy who is a multimillionaire, a some what don, collecting antique items & speculating with it.
If he tells about the Chinese to lawyer then the Chinese must face court & criminal charges.

But anyone think that a relic collector & speculator, multimillionaire, doing underworld illegal things, will use the toughest method of money making which run by mostly computer professionals & geeks called Bitcoin, which cant be understood easily by others & cheat customers?

A true criminal will never use a way to cheat when he don't understand it.
Besides a true criminal always use & cheat people when he knows a lot about the thing he use to cheat.
Basically a successful criminal will never use a way he don't understand & depending on others.
A successful criminal always want to be independent then only he can cheat & never have assets or money in his/her name & also in his family persons names.

This means only one thing their is a real Chinese criminal, which was/is active now & when his name comes in tv or news wont feel happy.
If zhoutang goes to lawyer ,then the Chinese criminal has to face court.

Zhoutong USING the name of a well known criminal & if he tells this to his lawyer then the Chinese guy even try kill zhoutong for using his name in a crime which he never did.
Zhoutong is just fooling & cheating every one by telling daily new & new stories.

Zhoutong saw & heard many Bitcoin hacks & thought he can also steal & put it on an unknown hacker, so no one will find him & he will go free.
But many didn't believe his story, so he now connected a Chinese guy & building story around it.
If he goes to lawyer then he has to face Chinese guy & they wont let him go.
Zhoutong WILL NEVER go to lawyer & also never stop posting.

He is posting daily for only one reason.
If some one not replies or post , then the victims will get angry & try to find him by using detective methods or ip address.......
So, he daily replying & coming online & showing victims that he didn't vanished or absconded.
He know very clearly that until he response in forum, no one will do any harsh things, like finding him, threatening him, threatening parents....etc etc etc...

Also he know clearly that its not that easy to put against him for Bitcoin fraud, coz Bitcoin can't be understood easily by normal people.
So, if some one files case against him,. then the lawyer & police MUST have know what is Bitcoin & how he used it to cheat....

Also when i read all his posts, i don't think he is 17 year old person.
He using English language very well & not typing as a normal 17 year old do , like using smileys, acronyms....slang language, meme....
I think he must be at least 25+ years old to type with out using any normal 17 guys use to chat.
His replies shows a professionalism.

So, in total, zhoutong took money & try to cheat every one, but caught in the middle, now daily replying posts & keep on passing time.
He also MAY give back all the money, coz the money never went to any Chinese guy & if it goes legal then he not only has to face law, but also has to face an angry Chinese criminal gang.
He is just telling stories, so that no one will come & find his real place & real life.  
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 03:44:45 PM

I'll definitely co-operate with any police investigation by providing such information. However releasing the information in public isn't a good choice.

Even though as a community we can determine Chen Jianhai to be the hacker, he hasn't been proven guilty legally yet. That will only happen when he faces a criminal charge.

Also consider the irrationality of some community members I should refrain from posting anything that can potentially induce violence and personal attacks. It won't be good for Bitcoin's image and legal status (if you concern about it at all). I'll have to take into account my personal security as well.

I have his real information only because we were working on a legitimate business. He was introduced to me by a friend who works in a Shenzhen-based information security company (which does penetration tests for large corporations and government agencies). I have never considered Chen Jianhai as a "friend".

So who's this new friend, does he have a name and a phone number?

edit: typo
Sorry, Zhou, but from the looks a bit like this ..  Cheesy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBze55fIgAw

edit: I'm afraid that the ending (the end of the video) has the connotation (hidden meaning)  Roll Eyes

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 04:11:12 PM

Really seems more credible that someone tries to charge 40k dollars without being traced, also using an email account prior use, to make matters worse this email is directly linked to your account mtgox and with itself. Am I the only one who considers it absurd? In addition already having 40k bitcoins in his hand risk free.

Zhou has done more to recover our funds that Bitcoinica, I still have not seen a cent of them, have not made ​​any progress in the investigation of first hack and now are guided by a track, far from a track, is a rivulet of shit direct at the foot of zhou

dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 04:17:21 PM

Really seems more credible that someone tries to charge 40k dollars without being traced, also using an email account prior use, to make matters worse this email is directly linked to your account mtgox and with itself. Am I the only one who considers it absurd? In addition already having 40k bitcoins in his hand risk free.

Zhou has done more to recover our funds that Bitcoinica, I still have not seen a cent of them, have not made ​​any progress in the investigation of first hack and now are guided by a track, far from a track, is a rivulet of shit direct at the foot of zhou
Exactly. The thief must have been someone who was not interested in Bitcoin. Zhou is likely not that person.
vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 04:25:05 PM

Exactly. The thief must have been someone who was not interested in Bitcoin. Zhou is likely not that person.

Fall of bitcoinica won't be the fall of bitcoin. The market didn't even pay attention.

If Zhou is innocent the court will clear him.
defxor

Activity: 530

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 04:27:17 PM

any progress in the investigation of first hack and

I agree, that's interesting. We should be getting some information from the investigations following the Linode and Rackspace-"hacks" now, shouldn't we?

(Unless, of course, if the service in question isn't what it claims to be. Then it would be much more important to do everything possible to keep the lid on)

bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 04:29:12 PM

And I also told him that the accidentally exposed a bank account number. (He claimed that it was a debit card purchased from black market.)
I have his real information only because we were working on a legitimate business. He was introduced to me by a friend who works in a Shenzhen-based information security company (which does penetration tests for large corporations and government agencies). I have never considered Chen Jianhai as a "friend".

Why would Chen Jianhai use your throw-away stevejobs807 gmail account for miscellaneous credit card fraud, when he could just as easily have used one of his own? I understand why he would use it for laundering the bitcoinica mtgox funds. But there's no sense to him using it months prior for miscellaneous fraudulent freight-forwarding. (on this matter, equally perplexing is why would zhoutong use his own stevejobs807 gmail, connected by prior deposits to his real mtgox account? to his favor, if zhou were the thief that would be really dumb on his part, when he could easily use any new throw-away email...)

The backstory is very cloudy. For what "legitimate business" was Chen Jianhai advising, and what was Chen's webshop?

Also, what was the source of LR funds belonging to Zhou's Singapore friend? If it is legitimate and if it belongs to said friend, how can you offer it to offset the USD payment by having AurumXchange release it to Patrick Murck?

Truth 1: My $40K LR transaction is legitimate at AurumXchange, associated with a friend in Singapore.
It's important to note that the pending $40,000 transaction at AurumXchange is my genuine transaction, so it can be used to offset the USD payment.

It can be used, or cannot?

It's up to Bitcoinica to appoint a bank account and also a Bitcoin address so that Chen Jianhai (or possibly I) can return the funds. AurumXchange can either return the $40,000 to me, or send the funds to Bitcoinica's nominated account (in which case another $100,000 will be sent to Bitcoinica from Chen Jianhai or me).

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: