Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:49:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901255 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:23:42 PM

I'm sure Jesus is alive in heaven but He's not here on earth. And we, here, on earth, deal in real, objective, palpable things.

Can we at least agree on the God of the Old Testament before coming to the one in the New Testament?

Best regards.

So there are two different Gods? Well well - things get interesting.

And to top it off, you throw in silliness?   Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 08:25:15 PM

"You mean to say that if 2000 years from now someone will discover a copy of The Lord Of the Rings, they'll have proof that Elves existed?
We now have fragments of something someone sometime wrote. So what? "

this is also my view on it haha

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
mrflibblehat

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:25:23 PM

I'm sure Jesus is alive in heaven but He's not here on earth. And we, here, on earth, deal in real, objective, palpable things.

Can we at least agree on the God of the Old Testament before coming to the one in the New Testament?

Best regards.

From what I see the user BitNow did differentiate one God from another, so? Is it one or is it two?

BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 08:25:56 PM

Best regards.

Wise words.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 08:26:48 PM

From what I see the user BitNow did differentiate one God from another, so? Is it one or is it two?

It is a cave full of snakes.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
mrflibblehat

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:28:39 PM

"You mean to say that if 2000 years from now someone will discover a copy of The Lord Of the Rings, they'll have proof that Elves existed?
We now have fragments of something someone sometime wrote. So what? "

this is also my view on it haha

Oh, no! Someone agrees with me! You should attack him before there will be more people that agree with me. Maybe we'll start some kind of logical sect of something.
Atheists of the world unite!  The Sect of the Logical Mind awaits. Donations not required.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:28:46 PM

The validity comes about because of the fact that it exists as it does??
What does that even mean?
Something is because something is? The fact that the Harry Potter exists (it is written) doesn't mean the accounts in it are true.
And tradition and word of mouth are not proof.

I quote that.

Can we agree on the God of the Old Testament: is the God of the Old Testament the same of all 3 monotheistic religions (Christianity, Judaism, Islam)?

Best regards.

As a philosophical experiment I will agree that theoretically all religions worship the same God using different names for it.

That's true deep down inside themselves. That's why Jesus says wording to the effect of, "Unless you repent and become like little children, you will not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven."

After people become adults, and start formulating what they think God is like, if their formulation doesn't match the truth, they have formed a false god for themselves.

This is why the Bible says, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God." Fill yourself on the Bible, so that you have an accurate picture of God in your mind, so that you are worshiping the true God.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 08:29:21 PM

Logic is not logic? That seems logical. At least in your church. I mean God can make anything possible, right?

I never said the word logic once!

Logic is about philosophy not Faith.

Are you talking with yourself?

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:32:30 PM

Let me tell you something, as a theology major, that is: theology is nonsense. And I can and am allowed to say that because mine is an informed opinion. I'm not just talking out of my ass. And after 5 years my opinion (doesn't have to be yours too) is that it's just a bunch of hooey. How easy it is to make nonsense up, make people believe it, and then live out of people's ignorance. It's genius!

Perhaps if you had been a spiritual major, all that theology would have made some sense to you. Too bad. All that training, and what good did it do you. Essentially none... at least in the ways that are worth anything of eternal value.

Go study science with a focus on finding out how cause and effect, complex universe, and universal entropy combine to prove the existence of God. Then go back and review your theological training. You just might come to understand that even you can be saved for eternal life in pleasure and joy.

Smiley

Yeah - it took me 5 years of studying theology to finally understand that it's all nonsense. That's my opinion, please respect it, I'll respect your and that's it. Don't force your ideas upon others. Go be with Jesus.

In Hell you will be saying for eternity, "Please God, let that guy force faith in you on me."

Smiley

If God is so powerful and full of mercy and love He will forgive me, because I'm small and limited and He is all powerful. If not then He is spiteful and keeps spite like a small child.

He is trying to forgive you. But you will receive none of it.

The retarded black person over in Africa, who never learned to read or write, and who is not saved because he worships the idol his family taught him to worship, will be punished less in Hell than you, a theology major, who intentionally rejected God after you found out all about Him.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:35:13 PM

God will never be one and the same with allah (God in Arabic). This is because God has 3 distinct, separate persons making up one God. This is not at all like allah. (We are wrong to capitalize the word "allah." "Allah" simply means "god." Since it is a false god, it should not be capitalized.)

Judaism would be the same as Christianity if the Jews basically did not reject that Jesus is God. At one time they had not rejected the Messiah. But now they have by rejecting Jesus. With that rejection, they have made their god to be a god of two persons rather than the three that the Christians have.

One God, three separate, distinct persons. Difficult to understand.

Smiley

Too easy to talk like that.

Did you ever fight your father?!?

Best regards.

Perhaps, sometime, you should learn how to express yourself so that other people can understand what you are talking about. Just a thought.

Smiley

mrflibblehat

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:37:21 PM

Let me tell you something, as a theology major, that is: theology is nonsense. And I can and am allowed to say that because mine is an informed opinion. I'm not just talking out of my ass. And after 5 years my opinion (doesn't have to be yours too) is that it's just a bunch of hooey. How easy it is to make nonsense up, make people believe it, and then live out of people's ignorance. It's genius!

Perhaps if you had been a spiritual major, all that theology would have made some sense to you. Too bad. All that training, and what good did it do you. Essentially none... at least in the ways that are worth anything of eternal value.

Go study science with a focus on finding out how cause and effect, complex universe, and universal entropy combine to prove the existence of God. Then go back and review your theological training. You just might come to understand that even you can be saved for eternal life in pleasure and joy.

Smiley

Yeah - it took me 5 years of studying theology to finally understand that it's all nonsense. That's my opinion, please respect it, I'll respect your and that's it. Don't force your ideas upon others. Go be with Jesus.

In Hell you will be saying for eternity, "Please God, let that guy force faith in you on me."

Smiley

If God is so powerful and full of mercy and love He will forgive me, because I'm small and limited and He is all powerful. If not then He is spiteful and keeps spite like a small child.

He is trying to forgive you. But you will receive none of it.

The retarded black person over in Africa, who never learned to read or write, and who is not saved because he worships the idol his family taught him to worship, will be punished less in Hell than you, a theology major, who intentionally rejected God after you found out all about Him.

Smiley

Now that's one of the most racist thing I've read in some time.
You mean to say that black people are retarded?
Or that he will go to Hell because he can't or did not learn to read?
Or because his parents taught him something and not about your God that he will go to Hell even if he hasn't never heard about God?
Dude... That's wrong on so many levels, i don't even know what to say...

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:37:33 PM

Validity of the new testament is attested by tradition and eye reports? I mean you're joking right?

Much (maybe most) of the New Testament is eye-witness reports. The validity comes about because of the fact that it exists as it does, being backed by people who hang onto tradition (Christians of Israelite ancestry) more than they hold onto life itself. Their tradition is that the New Testament is truth.

Smiley

Something is because something is? The fact that the Harry Potter exists (it is written) doesn't mean the accounts in it are true.

The "as it does" part includes the history of it. As I have mentioned in a previous post, we now have fragments of the New Testament that go back to before the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD.

Smiley

You mean to say that if 2000 years from now someone will discover a copy of The Lord Of the Rings, they'll have proof that Elves existed?
We now have fragments of something someone sometime wrote. So what?

"The Lord Of the Rings" was distinctly expressed as fantasy with no eye witness reports.

The New Testament is expressed as fact, with many eye witness reports.

Smiley

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 08:37:48 PM

Perhaps, sometime, you should learn how to express yourself so that other people can understand what you are talking about. Just a thought.

Smiley

Than I will lose my masculinity.

Now I know.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 08:38:41 PM

Now that's one of the most racist thing I've read in some time.
You mean to say that black people are retarded?
Or that he will go to Hell because he can't or did not learn to read?
Or because his parents taught him something and not about your God that he will go to Hell even if he hasn't never heard about God?
Dude... That's wrong on so many levels, i don't even know what to say...

I know what to say: ATHEISM IS A SIN

Also: STOP BLAMING PEOPLE FOR YOUR FAULTS.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:39:12 PM

It seems that logic hurts sometimes. Sorry for hurting you. It'll pass. The Lord will help you.

That's better. You finally understand the logic that proves the existence of God.

Well, you said^...

Smiley

mrflibblehat

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:40:40 PM

Validity of the new testament is attested by tradition and eye reports? I mean you're joking right?

Much (maybe most) of the New Testament is eye-witness reports. The validity comes about because of the fact that it exists as it does, being backed by people who hang onto tradition (Christians of Israelite ancestry) more than they hold onto life itself. Their tradition is that the New Testament is truth.

Smiley

The "as it does" part includes the history of it. As I have mentioned in a previous post, we now have fragments of the New Testament that go back to before the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD.

Smiley

You mean to say that if 2000 years from now someone will discover a copy of The Lord Of the Rings, they'll have proof that Elves existed?
We now have fragments of something someone sometime wrote. So what?

"The Lord Of the Rings" was distinctly expressed as fantasy with no eye witness reports.

The New Testament is expressed as fact, with many eye witness reports.

Smiley

So now eyewitness reports are fact? Do you also believe UFO's exist?

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 08:41:59 PM

The Vatican is open to Aliens:
"The extraterrestrial is my brother"
Source: http://www.vatican.va/news_services/or/or_quo/interviste/2008/112q08a1.html

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
mrflibblehat

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:42:17 PM

Would it have any point whatsoever to mention the obvious fact that I was ironic? Or the fact that I even have to say that speaks a lot for itself?

mrflibblehat

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:43:12 PM

The Vatican is open to Aliens:
"Aliens there is a possibility that they do exist"

Best regards.

Well then in turn, I will paraphrase the vatican and say that there is a possibility God exists. Seems fair.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:43:26 PM

There is too much pain and suffering in this world that so many innocents endure to believe there is a God that loves us like a parent would.
Why does He allow it? Or, seeing as how He knows the future, He did so from the beginning. Is it some kind of sadistic thing?

Mankind rejected God in the Garden, and brought this pain and death on us. Jesus salvation is the way out. We will never understand the reasons why it works like it does. at least not outside of Heaven. The point is getting there. Once this world is destroyed, it will never be brought to remembrance again.

Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: