Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:11:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268520 times)
TransAtlantic

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 09:50:37 PM

I know you guys must have a long list of requests, buy now. But one more to the list would be arbitration between the supported exchanges Smiley

+1 for that one too!
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hgfixer

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 02:01:31 AM

Can you try to call the API from the command line using wget or wget equivalent?

Code:
wget https://poloniex.com/public?command=returnCurrencies

What do you get?

This is the result:

http://imgur.com/a/XS0XP

it said "Forbidden" Sad
xpalax

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 10:34:16 AM

So is there a ETA on custom indicator trading?
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 11:12:48 AM

So is there a ETA on custom indicator trading?

It is a really big piece of work and there are many other things we need to do first.

I would guestimate towards the end of the year...

leomedina01

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 01:48:15 PM

http://prntscr.com/f2qd4f

Why this is happening evrytime? Price increases, but buy order is not going up along with the strategy thresholds. Even when i try to drag and drop the order to the right place, after a certain time, leonArdo keeps placing it at the original price where i dragged it from. So i have to close the strategy and open a new one.

Is this a bug? or is there any settings i have to adjust?

Thnx.

That's because it would have to make a bad trade to continue. You set that up under Min Effective Gain. If you make that a minus number (I use -5 or -1) it'll allow the program to continue. Otherwise it can't until the price comes back to that point.

The idea is that you allow it to make a bad trade occasionally to allow it to continue trading and (hopefully) make more money than you lost in the trade.

Exactly right. Thanks again akeetlebeetle.

Is it clear leomedina01? Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

"make more money than you lost in the trade"?? I think you did not get my point. There's no money lost. I'm refering to a limit buy order (which wasn't filled yet) which was created in a lower price level, but market now has rose, however the buy limit order did not follow up the new strategy margins (which now is a higher price level), in my opnion the buy order should be replaced automatically with one with a higher price (inside the strategy margins) but that's not happening. Pls look at the screenshot > http://prntscr.com/f2qd4f

Hi leomedina01,

The reason is because the buy order is constrained by the previous sell order the bot made. Take a look at the image you sent on. I'm guessing you left the Min effective gain at 0% and therefore that's the highest price the buy order can get without breaking that rule.

If you want it to following the statistics higher, you need to set a negative Min Effective gain value.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Ok. Thnx for your explanations. Btw, leonArdo is still with the problem of stopping the strategy alone...
TransAtlantic

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 02:46:20 PM

http://prntscr.com/f2qd4f

Why this is happening evrytime? Price increases, but buy order is not going up along with the strategy thresholds. Even when i try to drag and drop the order to the right place, after a certain time, leonArdo keeps placing it at the original price where i dragged it from. So i have to close the strategy and open a new one.

Is this a bug? or is there any settings i have to adjust?

Thnx.

That's because it would have to make a bad trade to continue. You set that up under Min Effective Gain. If you make that a minus number (I use -5 or -1) it'll allow the program to continue. Otherwise it can't until the price comes back to that point.

The idea is that you allow it to make a bad trade occasionally to allow it to continue trading and (hopefully) make more money than you lost in the trade.

Exactly right. Thanks again akeetlebeetle.

Is it clear leomedina01? Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

"make more money than you lost in the trade"?? I think you did not get my point. There's no money lost. I'm refering to a limit buy order (which wasn't filled yet) which was created in a lower price level, but market now has rose, however the buy limit order did not follow up the new strategy margins (which now is a higher price level), in my opnion the buy order should be replaced automatically with one with a higher price (inside the strategy margins) but that's not happening. Pls look at the screenshot > http://prntscr.com/f2qd4f

Hi leomedina01,

The reason is because the buy order is constrained by the previous sell order the bot made. Take a look at the image you sent on. I'm guessing you left the Min effective gain at 0% and therefore that's the highest price the buy order can get without breaking that rule.

If you want it to following the statistics higher, you need to set a negative Min Effective gain value.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Ok. Thnx for your explanations. Btw, leonArdo is still with the problem of stopping the strategy alone...

I also had a similar issue.  Looking into the logs, the cause of it was that it couldn't place the order, so the bot stopped.  And the reason why it couldn't place the order was that the buy (or sell) order was of a tiny amount higher than the funds available - so the exchange obviously refused it.  The solution for it was to start the bot with a bit less than all the funds.  Annoying to do that manually, but that's a workaround.  (And for leonArdo's side, the solution would be to make the order with 99.9% or possibly 99.95% (calculations needed to confirm that) of the amount, and not 100%.)
Namroc Smith

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 03:43:26 PM

Hi there, loving the product.  I had some requests to think about for the devs:
  • Sounds (think this was mentioned before), having events trigger different sounds.
  • Hyperlinks, would be nice to click to exchange web site, or directly to the page for the coin.
  • On the notifications window, delete all and clear all.  I get the ability to multi-select, but a all action button would be nice.
  • For the wallet (all funds) window, when running on multiple monitors (all high DPI) and app is not on primary, the window renders off screen or partially off screen most of the time.  (Windows 10)
  • On the same subject, the status of the checkboxes on that screen should save state between sessions.
  • Final note on that is that the window should remember last position and size on close, at least in the same session.
  • Any type of running totals for the bots would be very nice to have.
jooj

Activity: 650
Merit: 350

NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 06:31:34 PM

Can I using leonArdo on Linux VPS, do I have to buy leonArdo core first?

If you want to use leonArdo you need to at least buy the single exchange version for $89.

You can then run it on a linux VPS. No bother!

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Sure, but I would like to know all details in first place. what is different between leonArdo core and the single exchange version!

██████████  ██████████▄▄
         █████████████  ██████████████▄▄
   ▄███  █████▄                  ▀▀███████▄
  ██████   ▀█████▄          ████     ▀▀█████
 █████        ▀█████▄       ████        █████
 ████            ▀████      ████         ████
 ████         ██▄   ▀█  ██▄ ████         ████
 ████▌        █████▄    ████████        ▐████
 ▐████        ████████    ▀█████        ████▌
  █████       ████ ▀██  █▄   ▀██       █████
   █████      ████      ████▄         █████
    █████▄    ████       ▀█████▄    ▄█████
     ▀█████▄  ████          ▀█████▄   ██▀
       ▀█████▄                 ▀█████
         ▀██████▄▄          ▄▄██████▀
            ▀▀████████  ████████▀▀
                ▀▀████  ████▀▀
Take care of your financial privacy
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A blockchain loyalty scheme and more
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

███████████████
███          ██████████████████
████████████████████████████████
███                          ███
███             ██           ███
███       ██   ██   ██       ███
███      ██    ██    ██      ███
███       ██  ██    ██       ███
████████████████████████████████

████    ████
       █████████ ████████

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████ ██    █████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄█████▄
      ▄█████████
     ████    ███▌
    ███       ██▌
   ▐██ ███  ████
   ▄███████████
  ███████████▀
 ████  ███ ██▌
▐██       ███
▐███    ████
 █████████▀
  ▀█████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ANN         Discord
Twitter    Telegram
Nobt-plataform
TransAtlantic

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 06:47:44 PM

Can I using leonArdo on Linux VPS, do I have to buy leonArdo core first?

If you want to use leonArdo you need to at least buy the single exchange version for $89.

You can then run it on a linux VPS. No bother!

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Sure, but I would like to know all details in first place. what is different between leonArdo core and the single exchange version!

It's the same thing.  You buy the software, it comes with the capacity for 1 exchange included.  Then you can buy access to more exchanges, for $29 each.  Or you buy the "Ultra" package which comes with all 7 exchanges available so far.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 09:44:41 PM

Hi there, loving the product.  I had some requests to think about for the devs:
  • Sounds (think this was mentioned before), having events trigger different sounds.
  • Hyperlinks, would be nice to click to exchange web site, or directly to the page for the coin.
  • On the notifications window, delete all and clear all.  I get the ability to multi-select, but a all action button would be nice.
  • For the wallet (all funds) window, when running on multiple monitors (all high DPI) and app is not on primary, the window renders off screen or partially off screen most of the time.  (Windows 10)
  • On the same subject, the status of the checkboxes on that screen should save state between sessions.
  • Final note on that is that the window should remember last position and size on close, at least in the same session.
  • Any type of running totals for the bots would be very nice to have.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

One of them is already possible

"On the notifications window, delete all and clear all.  I get the ability to multi-select, but a all action button would be nice." - Click one row and then Ctrl A!

And this is remembered, right?  "...window should remember last position and size on close, at least in the same session."

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Namroc Smith

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 10:29:29 PM

Didn't think about the CTRL+A, I will start doing that, but it would still be nice to have at least the typical "mark all read" button.

As for the other, yep that was a typo, you have it correct in your post.

New thoughts, is there a common bug/feature tracker that you have going public so we can see what all is being asked for and vote on it?
Also is there a work in progress list so we can see what to expect in the next release of the product?

Thanks
Namroc Smith

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 12:23:00 AM

Looking in the app running against Bittrex and I see there is quite a lag between where it thinks the market is and what the real time market is like.  I figured there is going to be lag of some sorts, but I am seeing up to 10 minutes of difference between real time and the app. 

What is the expected average lag the app was built around?  Anyone else seeing this kind of delta? 

I did notice that it is not the same delta on all markets, but my best one is averaged at 5 minutes of difference.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 03:38:57 PM

Looking in the app running against Bittrex and I see there is quite a lag between where it thinks the market is and what the real time market is like.  I figured there is going to be lag of some sorts, but I am seeing up to 10 minutes of difference between real time and the app. 

What is the expected average lag the app was built around?  Anyone else seeing this kind of delta? 

I did notice that it is not the same delta on all markets, but my best one is averaged at 5 minutes of difference.

10 minutes?? You mean seconds surely. We use the pull API and call every 2-9 seconds depending on the polling restrictions.

We will be moving to web sockets soon...

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 04:06:44 PM

Can you try to call the API from the command line using wget or wget equivalent?

Code:
wget https://poloniex.com/public?command=returnCurrencies

What do you get?

This is the result:

http://imgur.com/a/XS0XP

it said "Forbidden" Sad

Maybe the API blacklisted your IP? Did you access it with other trading bots? Or did you try to talk to it with own scripts?
It could resolve itself after some time (timeout). Can you try again over another connection?

Namroc Smith

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:37:43 PM

So this would be my only bot and the only thing hitting the API from me.  As I can see updates rolling in I would assume it is not a full blacklisting, also orders work just fine so that also leads to not being blacklisted.

Also keep in mind this is Bittrex based.

I checked again today and I can see the data all over the place still.  Some are 10 minutes behind, some are 5 minutes behind, some are 2 minutes, and some are less than 1 minute delay on the data.

Not an internal network issue, and not external (general connection) issues.  Also viewing Bittrex directly (web site) is at full speed.

Let me know if there is additional things I can provide for debug.

I'll put this out there too in case someone is thinking hardware specs:

Lenovo Ideapad 310-15IKB
Intel I7-7500U @ 2.70GHz
8GB Ram
64-bit Windows 10
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 07:42:33 PM

So this would be my only bot and the only thing hitting the API from me.  As I can see updates rolling in I would assume it is not a full blacklisting, also orders work just fine so that also leads to not being blacklisted.

Also keep in mind this is Bittrex based.

I checked again today and I can see the data all over the place still.  Some are 10 minutes behind, some are 5 minutes behind, some are 2 minutes, and some are less than 1 minute delay on the data.

Not an internal network issue, and not external (general connection) issues.  Also viewing Bittrex directly (web site) is at full speed.

Let me know if there is additional things I can provide for debug.

I'll put this out there too in case someone is thinking hardware specs:

Lenovo Ideapad 310-15IKB
Intel I7-7500U @ 2.70GHz
8GB Ram
64-bit Windows 10

Very strange. Can you tell me which pairs were particularly outdated?

Namroc Smith

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 09:22:53 PM

Ok I brought up the app and left it alone with some markets up for about 60 minutes.  During this time I watched the updates and reviewed the data gathered to determine the refresh cycles each market did.  Quite interesting differences here.  On all of these the majority of the sync windows were on the long side and not the quick side.

BTC/USD

Quickest sync cycle:  12 seconds
Longest sync cycle:  13 minutes

RLC/BTC

Quickest sync cycle:  10 seconds
Longest sync cycle:  3 minutes

LTC/BTC

Quickest sync cycle:  1 second, saw lots coming in back to back
Longest sync cycle:  2 minutes
This one was a horrible sync cycle the other day during it's big run, this is actually the one that got me to notice the issue at first.

DASH/BTC

Quickest sync cycle:  1 second, saw lots coming in back to back

STRAT/BTC

Quickest sync cycle:  5 seconds

TRST/BTC

Quickest sync cycle:  2 minutes
Longest sync cycle:  5 minutes

To me it looks like an API issue with either some rate limiting being applied or just heavy use.  That being said there is nothing in the app side that would show me attempts to query the API and getting a failure.  When there is minute(s) between API refreshes, and there is vertical movement on the market the app cannot determine the correct places to place the buy/sell points since it is off considerable amounts during the fast movement cycles.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 09:27:24 PM

Ok I brought up the app and left it alone with some markets up for about 60 minutes.  During this time I watched the updates and reviewed the data gathered to determine the refresh cycles each market did.  Quite interesting differences here.  On all of these the majority of the sync windows were on the long side and not the quick side.

BTC/USD

Quickest sync cycle:  12 seconds
Longest sync cycle:  13 minutes

RLC/BTC

Quickest sync cycle:  10 seconds
Longest sync cycle:  3 minutes

LTC/BTC

Quickest sync cycle:  1 second, saw lots coming in back to back
Longest sync cycle:  2 minutes
This one was a horrible sync cycle the other day during it's big run, this is actually the one that got me to notice the issue at first.

DASH/BTC

Quickest sync cycle:  1 second, saw lots coming in back to back

STRAT/BTC

Quickest sync cycle:  5 seconds

TRST/BTC

Quickest sync cycle:  2 minutes
Longest sync cycle:  5 minutes

To me it looks like an API issue with either some rate limiting being applied or just heavy use.  That being said there is nothing in the app side that would show me attempts to query the API and getting a failure.  When there is minute(s) between API refreshes, and there is vertical movement on the market the app cannot determine the correct places to place the buy/sell points since it is off considerable amounts during the fast movement cycles.

Thanks for this! We'll look into it.

Impressive report!

Best wishes,
Jonathan

regnar75

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:04:24 PM

Just downloaded the Polo Demo. I have been running it a couple of hours now and definitely agree with the others about a profit +- for each bot or even strategy. I'm doing the rough math in my head to check if my strategies are working out, but a more concrete number would be great. after a buy and sell, is there a way to see on the chart what buy was sold where? (when running multiple strategies)

as for the settings, I've been playing around with them and understand the Min effective gain being not a bad idea in low negatives (-1 or so) but the effective gains on the charts (while green is profit) anyone have advice of if this should be smaller to take profits sooner or a little larger to take bigger profit? what type of tips does anyone have? this is the best bot I've seen but I'd like to make sure I can make a profit before I buy of course.

Margin, I like all the indicators and the drag details on the chart are wonderful! the black screen is really friendly for the eyes too, great work on this!
sawsawsaw

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 05:59:24 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2017, 06:10:08 PM by sawsawsaw

Hey,
Im very new to (any) trading software. So far I just bought and sale manually in long term, so thats why I have some(maybe very stupid) questions. I was searching for a tutorial that explains "every button" but I cant find it. I know there is a "help context" but that doesnt help in all cases:

The software is running now, for 2x app. 12 hours and it seems that it does the job well. It onl ycan seem to me, because I dont no really what Im doing...but i t works Wink

1.  There is this Profit/Loss: But thats only shows "margin trading" result? Is there a conclusion somewhere , to see profits/loss from the exchange?
2. WHat happen in the red area?
3. What happens in the upper and lower blue area? I know its called "by margin" and "sell margin" <-- but thats not "margin trading" right? *confused*
4. Is there a generell "sell/buy margin" settings, that suppose to be more safe or risky?
5. The "minm. effective gain". I can read what the context menue tells me, but I dont understand it. If I put it on 20% what happens? Is it for the whole time, for any bet?
6. Does the bot stopp at some point trading? After a period of time? Or trades?
7. "Start with / sell/buy" Is that just the first trade, or a longterm setting?

Do you know any tutorials that helps my confusion? If seen tha tits from leonArdo, bunt it looks its for people that allready knows the "trading system".

btw, is that the thread ok to ask? Or is there a dummy section somewhere?

thx
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: