Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:53:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049462 times)
titomane

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 08:47:44 PM

No Speed Limits only in Aotobahn

maybe not for long

a proposal this month to impose a speed limit of 75 mph has set off an election-year battle that has some people questioning a basic tenet of German identity.

The traffic-cop-like suggestion from a top opposition leader challenged Germans to pick two popular obsessions — safety and sustainability — over another: a seemingly primal need to use their 500-horsepower engines to catapult themselves across their country’s gently rolling countryside.

The proposals are that proposals. They tend to be "trial balloons" to see how the population reacts.
Although remove the No Limit.

Always will have Nordschleife Grin

Return to KNC please

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 08:51:29 PM

Regarding VAT or import duties, in the US we pay very low duties on computer equipment.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/

There's a small 0.3464% import merchandise fee with a minimum of $25. On a Jupiter, this works out to $25.

Spelon

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 09:05:23 PM

Reached pm limit, if you got any questions you can mail directly to bitcoin@anotherhost.se, I'll check with my co-workers tomorrow to see if we can get a miner hosting service going for those that want us to pick up and host knc miners. Good night.

So we decided to go ahead with a miner hosting service.

Mercury $80 /m
Saturn $120 /m
Jupiter $220 /m

Will also accept bitcoins as payment.

We can buy PSUs for your miners beforehand (either add to monthly bill or one time setup fee) so they are ready to go as soon as they are released for pick up at KNC offices. We will be using server grade super micro ATX PSUs with 93% efficiency unless any special recommendations come down from KNC. You are also welcome to ship any PSU you might have of your own to us if you prefer that.

Got any questions you can e-mail bitcoin@anotherhost.se, if this post is considered spam by a mod, you're most welcomed to remove it.
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 09:21:26 PM

Reached pm limit, if you got any questions you can mail directly to bitcoin@anotherhost.se, I'll check with my co-workers tomorrow to see if we can get a miner hosting service going for those that want us to pick up and host knc miners. Good night.

So we decided to go ahead with a miner hosting service.

Mercury $80 /m
Saturn $120 /m
Jupiter $220 /m

Will also accept bitcoins as payment.

We can buy PSUs for your miners beforehand (either add to monthly bill or one time setup fee) so they are ready to go as soon as they are released for pick up at KNC offices. We will be using server grade super micro ATX PSUs with 93% efficiency unless any special recommendations come down from KNC. You are also welcome to ship any PSU you might have of your own to us if you prefer that.

Got any questions you can e-mail bitcoin@anotherhost.se, if this post is considered spam by a mod, you're most welcomed to remove it.

You should contact KNC or Sam directly and offer your services.  It sounds like you could offer a great service and customers would feel more at ease if there was an official way of getting the units to you from the KNC factory.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 09:34:11 PM

Regarding VAT or import duties, in the US we pay very low duties on computer equipment.

There's a small 0.3464% import merchandise fee with a minimum of $25. On a Jupiter, this works out to $25.

Now it's my turn to say "lucky you". Norway has 25% import tax on goods which value exceeds ~$40. Now, maybe I should choose hosting...

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 10:07:19 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2013, 10:22:48 PM by Phoenix1969

Now it's my turn to say "lucky you". Norway has 25% import tax on goods which value exceeds ~$40. Now, maybe I should choose hosting...
That's just "A bunch of Bananas". There is no VAT on electronics between Sweden(or Europe in whole) & the USA. This is not my first time purchasing electronic equipment from Sweden, and there has never been a delay or charge from customs here on the 1/2 dozen items I've ordered from various vendors in Stockholm, and Cheshire Eng:,...although UPS claims to have 2 day service between here & there, it usually takes about a week from Stockholm to Hawaii.
Just be glad you're not trying to import solar panels from China to USA.
also... read this
http://www.ups.com/content/se/en/resources/ship/customs/index.html?srch_pos=1&srch_phr=customs&WT.svl=SRCH
"Routine customs clearance automatically included in all UPS air service rates (where applicable)"

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 10:11:53 PM

Also because as Johan and Sam have both said at the Openday Marcus and team are perfectionists which is why they had to be so hard on them with respect to timeframe. September is the priority. Marcus is not happy with his design, it will work, but not optimally as he would like. So after this first run is out the way, they get to let him of his leash...

Sorry, but my reality looks different. Engineers can't go to their CFOs and say:

"Gen 1 ASIC is working as specified. No major bugs, we can put them into the miners and sell them. But the design is not perfect, please let me do a Gen 2 ASIC."
"Ok, how much would it be?"
"Just another $2M."
"No way! Are you crazy, that are 10 Ferraris!". Wink

Just kidding. But would you invest so much for an gen 2 ASIC without any major technical reason? With respect to efficiency Gen 2 (assuming still in 28nm) will probably have something like 25% more performance while having less power consumption and silicon area (due to design optimization and less margins). Not much compared to the steps in difficulty. Is that another $2M NRE worth?

Developing Gen2 Miners based on Gen1 ASICs (extended product line) would of course make sense commercially and technically.

They can do a full custom ASIC ala Bitfury for Gen-2, for one thing. THat would be significant performance and efficiency gains. We'll see the end to pricing in gigahash as mining transitions to minimum-1th standards next year.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 11:02:00 PM

Current price in Norway is $0.064 and Iceland is even lower: $0.0187 Grin

Ehh.. There only $0.031/kwh in Ukraine, but very possible problems with customs. Embarrassed

hi, i pay in germany 0,29 €/kwh thats 0,385 $/kwh and this is one of the cheaper contracts in this region.

WTF! I'm getting sick and tired of this country more and more every day. How can it be that ukranian power can be generated/sold more than 10 times cheaper than german? Icelandic nearly 30 times cheaper???

We have the highest taxes, highest public expenditure quota, highest fuel prices, highest working life years, highest energy costs and get in return such wonderful things as worst life quality, the worlds most complicated taxation system, the most boring society and cities on the world, the least amount of leisure time, the highest retirement age and the lowest net earnings.

I can't wait to emigrate, germany must be the asshole of the world.  Sad

For a sec I thought you were talking about the US. 
Anenome5

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 11:11:02 PM

BFL ramping up deliveries, Avalon chips inbound!!!!, Avalon batch 3, ASICminer, Bitfury, and some other small players

The next few months are going to be bloody tough. Wont be surprised if it hits 150-200mil by October-November
The Avalons and clones will be forced to stop mining long before KNC's machines, as they won't make a return on-top of electricity costs. As for BFL's devices, they're a non-starter entirely Tongue All the diff increase we've seen from Avalons coming online, we should figure those will disappear from the network, clones included, soon after KNC ships, so the diff increase should level out for a bit after KNC ships.

Anenome5

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 11:15:55 PM

Its your opinion, but 60 GH/s BFL is at 300mil diff pointless to run thats all. In that moment all BFL units will stop mining(jalapenos and 25GH/s little sooner). And this is same story for Avalen etc.

And i dont think that KNC will be next BFL. BFL is simple big disaster in ASIC business(customer service,more than one year delay, no ROI).

Not for those of us that have free electricity.  In that case, we mine until the hardware dies, or we decide to sell it.
How are you getting this free electricity? Business contract? Dorm? Office?

Axios
Donator

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

Axios Foundation

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 12:33:07 AM

In NYC I can get free electricity in a bunch of ways:

a) A lot of coop buildings dont have a separate meter for each appartment, my parents live in one.
b) My own appt has broken meters since the last big storm, so I get charged last years rates
c) Office

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 12:42:12 AM

In NYC I can get free electricity in a bunch of ways:

a) A lot of coop buildings dont have a separate meter for each appartment, my parents live in one.
b) My own appt has broken meters since the last big storm, so I get charged last years rates
c) Office

d) Starbucks
e) hotwire some electric trolley lines

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Anenome5

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 01:42:03 AM

mining.thegenesisblock.com

Pick a Jupiter in October, add in hosting fee, change power costs to 0, change pool fee to 1.5%.

There's no way the diff increase is averaging or going to average 60% a month as their default has it.

r1senfa17h

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 03:32:59 AM

Pick a Jupiter in October, add in hosting fee, change power costs to 0, change pool fee to 1.5%.

There's no way the diff increase is averaging or going to average 60% a month as their default has it.

Yes it has been, it's pretty simple math. Remember, each 2016 blocks are being solved in 11 days or less right now and each increase has been over 20%. Compound that ~3 times per month and 60% appears conservative.

1N3o5Kyvb4iECiJ3WKScKY8xTVXxf1hMvA
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 04:24:32 AM

There's been some funny games on dropping the hash rate.   When we went to the new diff someone dropped the hashrate to 200 and then the stats were predicting next diff to be LOWER

We know that won't stick but it was odd to see...   

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:01:08 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2013, 06:24:36 AM by Phoenix1969

Yes it has been, it's pretty simple math. Remember, each 2016 blocks are being solved in 11 days or less right now and each increase has been over 20%. Compound that ~3 times per month and 60% appears conservative.
DIFF HISTORY
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AmcTCtjBoRWUdHVRMHpqWUJValI1RlZiaEtCT1RrQmc
last 3 diff changes were 10%, 22%, and 20% approximately 52/3 is 17 % average over the last 30 days...
but setting that aside;
The diff was 19 mil 40 days ago, and is 31 now, which is more than a 50% overall increase over 4 diffchanges overall
If we apply that to the next 40 days, the diff would only be around 47 mil in the beginning of September, and low 70's in December, but that would be a best case scenario. imho  Also remember, as the total hashrate of the cloud grows, it will take more and more units to make the same % diffchange
You were close Smiley

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 08:53:02 AM

Two things I'd like more info on. October...which end of it?  Next gen..stats and prices they have as targets.
We can't do much about hashrates and all that side of things now, but we can plan for the future better with some basic info.

I also wonder if them talking about a LTC rig may be their backdoor out if things get too much in BTC..sensible way to go possibly.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 09:01:47 AM

Two things I'd like more info on. October...which end of it?  Next gen..stats and prices they have as targets.
We can't do much about hashrates and all that side of things now, but we can plan for the future better with some basic info.

I also wonder if them talking about a LTC rig may be their backdoor out if things get too much in BTC..sensible way to go possibly.

I think as potential competition hots up (and I think we are only *just* starting to see potential competition - it's going to get a LOT stronger) it's time for KnC to keep quiet with their future intentions and stats that give an idea of their next move to competitors, quit talking, and time to simply walk the walk by demonstrating skill and capability...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 10:02:20 AM

Has anyone seen the new update today with the hosting plans?  Suuuuuppper expensive.  Unless we can hope to see a serious price jump it wouldn't make any sort of sense to host there unless you were a bitcoin millionaire bum?

klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 10:03:32 AM

Hey guys about my issue they emailed me today and said they will refund me in USD!

The guys are very professional IMO and too bad I did not catch the pre-orders...
Next time!

I hope they will deliver on time, they deserve to succeed.
Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: