Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:48:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 [416] 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 05:34:42 PM

Lol:

Kano 25-08-2013

I voted yes.

Anonymous 03-09-2013

OMG! Kano bet 15 BTC!!!

03-09-13 02:45          Yes          23`626          15.00000000          12Bnu

Did he??  Huh Grin

http://bitbet.us/bet/472/kncminer-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-october-1st/

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 05:42:37 PM

Please stop quoting eve.  Why?  Why do you do it?  Even if you wanted to post such a masterpiece as calling him a retard do it without quoting his nonsense.
I thought about that, and I agree... I took those down.
I hadn't had my morning coffee... Smiley Just waking to posts full of Dame Bramaged comments had me in a fluster...

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
ridnovir

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 06:18:10 PM

guys I have missed a week or so of this threat and feel too lazy to go through it.

What is the latest news are they shipping yet?

You totally missed it.. all units shipped. We're on generation 3 now. guess you missed the boat.

First of all I did not miss shit I simply chose not to get 1st gen miner from knc to see if they will deliver on their promises.
Second of all as far as I know they will come up with gen 2 around March next year
Third of all nothing was shipped yet.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 06:38:43 PM

guys I have missed a week or so of this threat and feel too lazy to go through it.

What is the latest news are they shipping yet?

You totally missed it.. all units shipped. We're on generation 3 now. guess you missed the boat.

First of all I did not miss shit I simply chose not to get 1st gen miner from knc to see if they will deliver on their promises.
Second of all as far as I know they will come up with gen 2 around March next year
Third of all nothing was shipped yet.

LOL.. you take sarcasm well, and look, you're up to date now. The answer to your post was just a few posts above yours. You didn't need to scroll pages back.

ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 06:43:04 PM

haha he took it seriously
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 07:01:36 PM

Although it's funny.  In responding to the sarcastic answer, he answered his own question.  Obviously he was able to do the research himself, he just lacked sufficient motivation at the time.

BTW: Has everyone setup their mining addresses and/or worker IDs on the KnC website?  Unlike Avalon, they are going to pre-configure and do the burn in test on customer addresses/pool accounts.   Those hashes coming in will be the major signal that they're ready to start shipping.

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:21:50 PM

Interesting how YES is slowly gaining more popularity as time passes, and it should be the other way around regarding closing resolution date and lack of solid proofs. Maybe the optimists are collectively cheering each other  Roll Eyes
jmw74

Activity: 236

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:47:19 PM

Although it's funny.  In responding to the sarcastic answer, he answered his own question.  Obviously he was able to do the research himself, he just lacked sufficient motivation at the time.

BTW: Has everyone setup their mining addresses and/or worker IDs on the KnC website?  Unlike Avalon, they are going to pre-configure and do the burn in test on customer addresses/pool accounts.   Those hashes coming in will be the major signal that they're ready to start shipping.

I have not yet. 

Can someone explain how ASIC miner devices' software are generally set up?  So let's say I have bitcoin-qt running on my laptop.  I have the miner power supply connected and hook the miner up to my laptop via USB (or maybe my router via ethernet?)  Then what?
ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:47:57 PM

oh man, you gotta read up...
jmw74

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:55:36 PM

Yeah no kidding.  I have not mined before, but I'm a software engineer, I think I can figure it out with a bit of documentation. anyone got a link?

Obviously nobody's got any experience with this particular hardware since it doesn't exist yet, but I'm sure there's something close enough.
joae1975

Activity: 752

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:05:38 PM

Yeah no kidding.  I have not mined before, but I'm a software engineer, I think I can figure it out with a bit of documentation. anyone got a link?

Obviously nobody's got any experience with this particular hardware since it doesn't exist yet, but I'm sure there's something close enough.
im not sure if this was covered already. I emailed knc about it, here's what they said:

"The configuration of the miners will be done via a web interface and the miners will run a version of CGminer which has been configured specifically for our miners.

We also offer the option to pre-configure the miners by entering your details in your account on our website. You can select a pool, enter your Bitcoin wallet address and enter a worker id.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate in contacting us.

Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards..."

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
CMMPro

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:09:12 PM

I don't know why everyone is waiting to see if they'll ship the summer orders before ordering the next gen....

Avalon shipped the first units without a problem and then screwed everyone that ordered batch 2 and 3 over.

Not that I think that KNC is like Avalon in ANY way, I'd just like to give an example that a good past performance does not imply a good future performance.

jmw74

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:17:23 PM

im not sure if this was covered already. I emailed knc about it, here's what they said:

"The configuration of the miners will be done via a web interface and the miners will run a version of CGminer which has been configured specifically for our miners.

We also offer the option to pre-configure the miners by entering your details in your account on our website. You can select a pool, enter your Bitcoin wallet address and enter a worker id.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate in contacting us.

Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards..."

Ok that helps.

I would expect we can configure the miner to use any pool, not just the ones listed.  I probably won't solo mine but would be nice to know how to do it.  There's some communication to set up between bitcoin-qt and the miner.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:26:19 PM

Whoa, someone just put 15 BTC on Yes >_>

Someone knows something. Think it might be Sam or Andreas? If I were them and I knew we'd be hitting our target, I'd place that bet. Heck ya. That's the whole purpose of an information market, to monetize sharing expectations. And only someone really confident or with insider info is gonna spend $1500... $1950 betting on this

(damn, bitcoin being worth more than $100 is really screwing with my estimated math these days Tongue)

Or someone's either a gambling addict or they've got a massive amount of BTC and 15BTC isn't a lot to them.  I would have put more in but right now I'm doing all my bitcoin "gambling" with labcoin stock Grin  Paying off a lot better then this bet will, so far.

I did put in a yes bet earlier when the odds were better.

well KNC has 44 days to get my miner to me. Let the countdown begin

Even if they had working prototype it would be hard to assembly+ship all preordered units in time - look at BFL

Heard of automated manufacturing lines (as opposed to BFL's manual labour crew)?

Actually, my guess would be they're doing manual assembly.  The thing is - unlike what BFL tried to do with insourcing that, there are actually companies out there you can hire to do your box building for you.  Foxconn is the well known example, but companies like that exist everywhere.  Here in the U.S as well as sweeden, I'm sure.

The cost and time to setup an automated line aren't insubstantial, and for a small run of a few hundred to a thousand units it might be cheaper to hire humans to do it, even at sweedish rates.  You can see their system will be quite simple to install.  You just take a metal frame, stick in 2-5 circuit boards (depending on the thing thing) Connect a few wires, and then screw in the heatsinks.  It shouldn't take more then 5 minutes. They don't even need to attach the PSU.

The cost is tiny. A new program ..nothing more. Seen it done dozens of times. That's the whole point of CNC machines. If you have the machine capable of doing the work, the program is all you need and a few jigs that can be made in a day. Everything that is manufactured is made this way now. Nothing can be dome by hand in volume due to cost and quality control...and don't try me on that subject if you want something to shit out of tomorrow Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 09:17:16 PM

Interesting how YES is slowly gaining more popularity as time passes, and it should be the other way around regarding closing resolution date and lack of solid proofs. Maybe the optimists are collectively cheering each other  Roll Eyes

No, people are buying because there's no reason to doubt KnC will deliver.  They furthermore anounced that all products in the current Oct order queue would be shipped by october 15th, two weeks earlier then the previous expected deadline. Why would they move up delivery date if they didn't think they could make it?

It's also possible that people with insider knowledge are betting.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 09:17:28 PM

The cost is tiny. A new program ..nothing more. Seen it done dozens of times. That's the whole point of CNC machines. If you have the machine capable of doing the work, the program is all you need and a few jigs that can be made in a day. Everything that is manufactured is made this way now. Nothing can be dome by hand in volume due to cost and quality control...and don't try me on that subject if you want something to shit out of tomorrow Wink

I am pretty sure that given the volume KNC won't be using automated unit assembly (PCB will be assembled by automated pick & place machines).   All bitcoin hardware is relatively low volume (for now).  Hundreds or even low thousands of units doesn't warrant automated assembly of major components.  BFL problem isn't hand assembly it is a) they over promised (lied), b) they didn't met power/cooling project and had to scrap everything and redesign, c) they have been utterly incompetent in maintaining supply chain.   BFL with automated assembly wouldn't be any further along in the backlog.  It simply would have cost more.

KNC using off the shelf power supplies (although I wish it was mounted internally), and using the same components in all three units is smart and will make assembly easier.  It would be stupid for KNC to invest money (and more importantly) time setting up and testing some high speed automated assembly system given the relatively low volumes.  We are talking less than a dozen components for hundreds (or at most a thousand) high cost units.  Hand assembly is perfect.  For something like a printer which has a lot more components, is sold in millions of units annually, and has low margins (at best tens of dollars ea) the upfront cost of automated assembly makes sense.
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 09:21:42 PM

I am pretty sure that given the volume KNC won't be using automated unit assembly (PCB will be assembled by automated pick & place machines).   All bitcoin hardware is relatively low volume (for now).  hundreds or even thousands of units doesn't warrant automated assembly on components.  BFL problem isn't hand assembly it is a) they  over promised, b) they had to scrap existing design because it was over power and cooling specs, c) they have been utterly incompetent in maintaining supply chain.   BFL with automated assembly wouldn't be any further along in the backlog.

KNC made a couple of good decisions.  The first is that it uses a standard ATX power supply.  I wish it was internal but the fact that it is user supplied is smart.  Anything that can be supplied cheaper off the shelf should be.  BFL on the other hand used "custom" brick power supplies for their units and multiple times ran out.  The second thing is that KNC used a single design for all 3 products.  All three products have the same power board, same case, same case fans, and same controller.  Then each product uses the same ASIC boards and heatsinks the only difference is in the number of units.

It would be stupid for KNC to invest in some high speed automated assembly given the relatively low volumes.  We are talking less than a dozen components.  Hand assembly is perfect.

They may be using a CNC machine to mill the cases.  But that's not going to help install the circuit boards in that case.  You'd need a robot capable of grabbing the boards, placing them, screwing them down, then grabbing the heatsinks, screwing those in, and connecting the wires, and you'd need to program all of that in.

It's certainly doable. But my guess it would be less effort to hand the machine-made parts (cases and PCBs) off to humans to do the detail work of screwing everything together and connecting wires.

csshih

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 11:04:33 PM

I am pretty sure that given the volume KNC won't be using automated unit assembly (PCB will be assembled by automated pick & place machines).   All bitcoin hardware is relatively low volume (for now).  Hundreds or even low thousands of units doesn't warrant automated assembly of major components.  BFL problem isn't hand assembly it is a) they over promised (lied), b) they didn't met power/cooling project and had to scrap everything and redesign, c) they have been utterly incompetent in maintaining supply chain.   BFL with automated assembly wouldn't be any further along in the backlog.  It simply would have cost more.

Having had boards done.. no, they better be using automated unit assembly. It's not expensive.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 11:09:34 PM

I am pretty sure that given the volume KNC won't be using automated unit assembly (PCB will be assembled by automated pick & place machines).   All bitcoin hardware is relatively low volume (for now).  Hundreds or even low thousands of units doesn't warrant automated assembly of major components.  BFL problem isn't hand assembly it is a) they over promised (lied), b) they didn't met power/cooling project and had to scrap everything and redesign, c) they have been utterly incompetent in maintaining supply chain.   BFL with automated assembly wouldn't be any further along in the backlog.  It simply would have cost more.

Having had boards done.. no, they better be using automated unit assembly. It's not expensive.

For a run of 1000 or less units?  That works out to ~20 a day.  Sure. 
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 11:21:38 PM

Its a sure fire win for YES

28 NO <-> 46 YES

Get in on the action

http://bitbet.us/bet/472/kncminer-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-october-1st/

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Pages: « 1 ... 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 [416] 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: