Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:07:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 [375] 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:02:52 PM

I assume now that KNC has some working capital banked away, I hope they will just show up one day and say they are ready to ship Gen 2.

I hope that the 1-500 Costumers get a "place" there befor all others!!

That was one of those "skimmers" that started the wrong number... it was 890 preoders the first week, not 500.. Smiley

Someone had written 500, and half the room assumed it was true, it's carried out now for three months, so just straightening that out.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:06:29 PM

To 21 Million...AND BEYOND!

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:20:01 PM

My two slogan suggestions incase the other thread doesn't count:

"All your bitcoin are belong to us"

"Bitcoin : Decentralized Money"
joae1975

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:29:56 PM

This thread is now sucking.  Where's the power supply and command line thread?

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:46:20 PM

This thread is now sucking.  Where's the power supply and command line thread?
Are you trying to piss people off, or what?
What really sucks is that comment.
Go create your PSU & CMD line thread, and see how relevant it is right now...  It will be 3 weeks before we even need a thread like that, if at all... because you should already know how to use CGminer, which is probably the thread you need to visit in order to know how to use the "command line", which I'm not sure is even the correct term to use considering we will actually be using a web-gui, like we were told.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
rizzman

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 03:05:05 PM

All,

Thanks for all of the entries. We have to agree we should have been more specific, and maybe slogan was the wrong choice of word. The phrase will be on the controller board on each device. It is not a slogan for the company but our current product range.  We would like the phrase to remain Bitcoin related, as Mars' 'Bitcoin makes the world go around' was a tribute to the song 'Money makes the world to round' by Liza Minneli' . Obviously with our chosen device names the space themes are equally suitable. Anything combining the two will also be considered but don't let that limit your imagination. Phrases that stand out as creative and make us smile will be considered. We would like to make the 'coining' of a phrase by our customers a theme amongst all our future products. Bad pun, we know, could not resist. Wink

Please note, we are honestly not at all interested in belittling our competitors with phrases on our boards, our engineering will speak for itself.

We always aim to under-promise and over deliver. This is and always will be a reoccurring theme as well, and agreed as a company slogan that sits well with us.

Competition ends in at 5.30pm local time (CET) tomorrow. We are aware of the other thread and will consider entries from both.  Good luck everyone, 'stellar' efforts so far.

Thanks,

KnCMiner Team.

Sorry the inner child couldn't resist since we where on the planetary theme -

"Uranus is next..."

LMAO! I hope they pick this one.
ffernandex

Activity: 143

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 03:07:14 PM

Hey I just want to share some replies from KnCMiner regarding their pool, for those considering what pool to use,

I have a couple questions regarding the mining pool you plan to offer and the options to configure different mining pools for the hosted machine,

a) When do you plan to release specifications for your mining pool? I'm most interested in knowing:

- What reward system do you plan to implement? (PPS, PPLNS, DGM, other?)
- Would you distribute transaction fees?
- Would you allow merged mining of Namecoins?
- What person or company will manage the mining pool?

b) Regarding the use of other pools with the hosted jupiter:

- Would you allow specifying a backup pool in case the main pool goes down?

Hello Felipe,

At the moment the KnC pool will be PPS.

You will be able to set a threshold in your account as to when you would like your bitcoins to be transferred to your wallet. For example, you can set the threshold at 0.5 BTC, so that every time you have mined 0.5 BTC this will be transferred automatically to your wallet. The 1.5% pool fee will be deducted prior to each transfer.

At the moment we will not allow merged mining, but this is something we are looking into.

KnCMiner will be managing the pool.

There will be an option to select a backup pool.

Transaction fees earned within the pool will be put back into the pool for the participants.
Regards,
Liam

Also, just to have some feedback from you guys, what pools are you planning to use with your KnCMiners and why?

Thanks!

Felipe

If you like my posts, feel free to donate!
BTC: 1L1S4wG5TNJZSX9VG3vkk2er76YHihz3Kg
Kuroth

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 03:16:10 PM

Can you hear me yet?

Aug 28, 2013

ASICMiner Blade Prices Reduced 65% After Shares Crash

"There are several factors that influenced this price cut. The network hash rate has continued to increase exponentially as companies bring their ASIC Mining power online. The difficulty has increased from 37 million when these were first announced to over 66 million currently, reducing customer’s return by 78% without even factoring future difficulty increases."

LOL I would not buy a KNC for Oct even if KNC cut their price by 65%.. Not worth it and will not make but $300 to $900 ROI over the next year after the Break Even..  If that much..

You guys have still not figured out that you are mining for the ASIC compines and paying them what you mine for the price of you ASIC..  

Mind Blown..

timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 03:28:42 PM

Can you hear me yet?

Aug 28, 2013

"There are several factors that influenced this price cut. The network hash rate has continued to increase exponentially as companies bring their ASIC Mining power online. The difficulty has increased from 37 million when these were first announced to over 66 million currently, reducing customer’s return by 78% without even factoring future difficulty increases."

LOL I would not buy a KNC for Oct even if KNC cut their price by 65%.. Not worth it and will not make but $300 to $900 ROI over the next year after the Break Even..  If that much..

You guys have still not figured out that you are mining for the ASIC compines and paying them what you mine for the price of you ASIC..  

Mind Blown..

I still haven't figured out what the hell that means...or more importantly why it's here? We don't care that you doubt KnC and you already told us several times that you weren't buying one so what is your point? We should all cancel because you think so?
Or perhaps you intended a positive post and forgot to include the details of the company offering rigs that will make us rich for years to come guaranteed?

Don't go to Norway, they have a guy hunting huge trolls.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Kuroth

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 03:31:09 PM

Can you hear me yet?

Aug 28, 2013

Mind Blown..

I still haven't figured out what the hell that means...or more importantly why it's here? We don't care that you doubt KnC and you already told us several times that you weren't buying one so what is your point? We should all cancel because you think so?
Or perhaps you intended a positive post and forgot to include the details of the company offering rigs that will make us rich for years to come guaranteed?

I have nothing against any ASIC company other than maybe BFL..  Just trying to educate the Dumb..

Oh and they better not come to Texas as I guarantee we Hunt even BIGGER Trolls here boy.

rustyh17

Activity: 213

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 03:31:46 PM

Competition time!

We have a new challenge for you. We require a slogan for our controller board and we have 48 hours to make up our minds. You may remember we made a couple of minor mishaps with our Mars board. On our original Mars PCBs we printed: Bitcoins make the world go around! (Grammer is not our area of expertise, chip design is). So we have chosen to open this part of the design process to those following us on this forum. This is your chance to be immortalised in Bitcoin tech history. Please design the phrase you wish to see. There is still a space for one sentence on our boards. The 48 hours start now. Competition ends at 5.30pm (local time). We will decide the winning entrant which will then be seen on all our hardware; Jupiter, Saturn and Mercury.

Thanks,

KnCMiner team.

• Not everything in Sweden has a speed limit.
  • Swedish speed limits are made to be broken.
  • KnCMiner - Because speed limits were made to be broken.
  • KnCMiner - One Source. Digital Singularity.
  • If you can read this message, you have already been infected.
  • These chips are but a canvas to our imagination.
  • Caution: Exposure to this card could result in added freedom.
  • KnC: Monetizing planet names since 2013.
  • Vi är så stolta över vår förstfödde. (I don't speak Swedish, so please forgive the grammatical errors.)

Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 03:34:47 PM

Can you hear me yet?

Aug 28, 2013

Mind Blown..

I have nothing against any ASIC company other than maybe BFL..  Just trying to educate the Dumb..

Oh and they better not come to Texas as I guarantee we Hunt even BIGGER Trolls here boy.

That avatar, comment and calling someone boy = epic fail.

Oh right, I forgot, you are way smarter than the rest of us who invested vast amounts of money into mining gear...  or.. maybe not?
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 03:39:17 PM

With refrence to the "In bitcoin we trust" how about "In math we trust"

I'd suggest putting the name of the group that came up with SHA256 in but somehow I don't think "In the NSA we trust" would go over very well Grin

All,

Thanks for all of the entries. We have to agree we should have been more specific, and maybe slogan was the wrong choice of word. The phrase will be on the controller board on each device. It is not a slogan for the company but our current product range.  We would like the phrase to remain Bitcoin related, as Mars' 'Bitcoin makes the world go around' was a tribute to the song 'Money makes the world to round' by Liza Minneli' . Obviously with our chosen device names the space themes are equally suitable. Anything combining the two will also be considered but don't let that limit your imagination. Phrases that stand out as creative and make us smile will be considered. We would like to make the 'coining' of a phrase by our customers a theme amongst all our future products. Bad pun, we know, could not resist. Wink

Please note, we are honestly not at all interested in belittling our competitors with phrases on our boards, our engineering will speak for itself.

We always aim to under-promise and over deliver. This is and always will be a reoccurring theme as well, and agreed as a company slogan that sits well with us.

Competition ends in at 5.30pm local time (CET) tomorrow. We are aware of the other thread and will consider entries from both.  Good luck everyone, 'stellar' efforts so far.

Thanks,

KnCMiner Team.

How about: Warp 10

Anyway I like the "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks" thing.

I also still like the AYB refrence, which is technically space related - If you don't want "All your bitcoin are belong to us" then "Move ASIC for great Justice" works really well.

cet

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 03:53:59 PM

BTCit me
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:07:23 PM

All,

Thanks for all of the entries. We have to agree we should have been more specific, and maybe slogan was the wrong choice of word. The phrase will be on the controller board on each device. It is not a slogan for the company but our current product range.  We would like the phrase to remain Bitcoin related, as Mars' 'Bitcoin makes the world go around' was a tribute to the song 'Money makes the world to round' by Liza Minneli' . Obviously with our chosen device names the space themes are equally suitable. Anything combining the two will also be considered but don't let that limit your imagination. Phrases that stand out as creative and make us smile will be considered. We would like to make the 'coining' of a phrase by our customers a theme amongst all our future products. Bad pun, we know, could not resist. Wink

Competition ends in at 5.30pm local time (CET) tomorrow. We are aware of the other thread and will consider entries from both.  Good luck everyone, 'stellar' efforts so far.

Thanks,

KnCMiner Team.

If those are your aims, how about putting them on the board?

KNC:  Underpromise.  Overdeliver.  Quality Engineering Defined...
h438dlk34

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:09:28 PM

I hope this wasn't already mentioned earlier in the thread, but knc posted an update on power usage.

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-31
Power Supply Recommendation.
With our shipment date approaching this update addresses the power demands of our mining devices.
We realise we are currently being compared to our competitors with respect to power consumption and would like to clarify our position.
Today we can reveal that our maximal power consumption will be below 1.6 W/GH/s.
We understand the need for some of our more remote customers to be able to secure a purchase of a power supply (PSU) within the given timeframe.
So today we can reveal the following recommendations;
We recommend an 850 Watt PSU with a minimum of 4x PCI-E adaptors for our Jupiter model.
We recommend a 600 Watt PSU with a minimum of 2x PCI-E adaptors for our Saturn model.
We recommend a 400 Watt PSU with a minimum of a PCI-E adaptor for our Mercury model.
This recommended power wattage figure is calculated upon our max. power consumption of total device including all of its components.
We aim to ensure you use a power supply unit capable of outputting in excess of the current recommended wattage to prevent any problems caused due to insufficient power.
Note: Powers supplies must contain a sufficient number of PCI-E adaptors for each respective unit.

Thanks

KnCMiner Team
cet

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:22:53 PM

I hope this wasn't already mentioned earlier in the thread, but knc posted an update on power usage.

do the miners also plug into the motherboard jack?  Or will we need to short out the load detection on it?

/cet
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:27:48 PM

Ah now I can fix this based on KnCs latest 1.6W/GH announcement

75/10GH = 7.5W/GH
640/400 = 1.6W/GH
7.5/1.6 = 4.68x More Power Consumption (Guaranteed)

Monthly electricity bill for KNC blade (overclocked)?  Less than *half a pack* of smokes in NYC.  Ten cigarettes.  A month.
Thanks for the math.
dextryn

Activity: 198

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:32:10 PM

I'm really impressed with how steady information is coming out of KNC.  Gives me all warm and fuzzies on the inside.

Time to start trolling slickdeals for a PSU
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:48:46 PM

Can you hear me yet?

Aug 28, 2013

Mind Blown..

No wonder Pete said "Kuroth mines dirt"... I understand now. I think he may have been dropped on his head as a baby, or ate paint-chips as a child or something....  (probably why his "Mind blown") Because well,  read some of these... Every post is misinformation & FUD packed...  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=124907;sa=showPosts
If you doubt KNC, then go away... simple as that.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 ... 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 [375] 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: