Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:40:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 [912] 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Meizirkki

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:31:06 PM

KnC provoded the safest bet with people's funds that's all.

Sorry. I couldn't resist Wink
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:33:21 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2013, 04:15:41 PM by Phoenix1969

24 hrs after 0.97

still problem with 1 machine...
one of the sats went back to 250
tried reflash, nada

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:37:10 PM

KNC GUI & puTTy both show me at 541 all day - BTCG shows 480-500 most of the day.

am i missing something?

Yes you are. Stop measuring speeds at cgminer or go through Kano's posts for how to get the hashrate numbers using the hardware error numbers and so on.

It's really annoying all these people posting meaningless hashrates...

i think it is even easier, look at cgminer output (GH/s), then go to your pool server stats and look at that hash rate and if they are the same, you are doing very well, if they are not even close then you have a problem.

Except the pool number jumps around. I saw a difference of 20 within two minutes at the pool. Average hashrate at the status screen barely moved. I do have 19% HW errors on 9.7 though.
Fiatkiller, when other KNC Saturn owners are reporting 260GH/s-275GH/s at the server(and on CGminer), while my Saturn reports 215-235GH/s max, I feel that it has something to do with that high error rate our Saturns suffer from.

Yes! It's all about the hardware error rate. The values on KNC's cgminer do not seem to take that into account. I don't know if other versions do. The difference between machines seem to come mostly from the level of hardware errors so when someone says "my jupiter/saturn is doing X/Y in hashrate with this FW" you end up empty handed because you don't know if they are measuring that at cgminer or and actually getting much less at the pool (as you would measure from averages). In fact it misleads other people and possibly devs into thinking that they are progressing with the software.

0.97 for me and other people seems to ramp up the hardware rate and the reported hashrate at cgminer (depending how bad your machine actually is) but you see all these pointless reports of "yey +10 GH/s" without stating the source.

edgar: cry me a river!

i dont know who you are referring to with your vague waffle about meaningless hashrates & not knowing what information has been given but i personally gave all the info regarding cgminer, KNCs GUI and BTCGs pool rate.

i also asked specifically where to find the HW% and you prefer to troll the tread rather than give a knowledgeable response.

i'll cry you a river mate!! so long as u hop in a canoe & fuck off down stream in it

soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:50:43 PM

KNC GUI & puTTy both show me at 541 all day - BTCG shows 480-500 most of the day.

am i missing something?

Yes you are. Stop measuring speeds at cgminer or go through Kano's posts for how to get the hashrate numbers using the hardware error numbers and so on.

It's really annoying all these people posting meaningless hashrates...

i think it is even easier, look at cgminer output (GH/s), then go to your pool server stats and look at that hash rate and if they are the same, you are doing very well, if they are not even close then you have a problem.

Except the pool number jumps around. I saw a difference of 20 within two minutes at the pool. Average hashrate at the status screen barely moved. I do have 19% HW errors on 9.7 though.
Fiatkiller, when other KNC Saturn owners are reporting 260GH/s-275GH/s at the server(and on CGminer), while my Saturn reports 215-235GH/s max, I feel that it has something to do with that high error rate our Saturns suffer from.

Yes! It's all about the hardware error rate. The values on KNC's cgminer do not seem to take that into account. I don't know if other versions do. The difference between machines seem to come mostly from the level of hardware errors so when someone says "my jupiter/saturn is doing X/Y in hashrate with this FW" you end up empty handed because you don't know if they are measuring that at cgminer or and actually getting much less at the pool (as you would measure from averages). In fact it misleads other people and possibly devs into thinking that they are progressing with the software.

0.97 for me and other people seems to ramp up the hardware rate and the reported hashrate at cgminer (depending how bad your machine actually is) but you see all these pointless reports of "yey +10 GH/s" without stating the source.

edgar: cry me a river!

i dont know who you are referring to with your vague waffle about meaningless hashrates & not knowing what information has been given but i personally gave all the info regarding cgminer, KNCs GUI and BTCGs pool rate.

i also asked specifically where to find the HW% and you prefer to troll the tread rather than give a knowledgeable response.

i'll cry you a river mate!! so long as u hop in a canoe & fuck off down stream in it

I go with (HW*100)/A
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:57:00 PM

I go with (HW*100)/A

HW error % = HW/A+R+HW

where

HW = number of hw errors
A    = number of accepted
R    = number of rejected

with 0.97 I got something like 10-11% after almost 20 hours, whereas before the same miner running with 0.95 I used to have 5-7%

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:57:05 PM

I think they will right their ship, but for many customers they are left in tough waters
I'm 9BTC down and still no miner. Not even going to get 1 day on current difficulty it looks like. Next difficulty is probably going to mean we are down to mining only 0.5BTC/day on a jupiter. So 2 days per bitcoin. In a couple of weeks, it'll take a week+/1btc.

And KNC don't even as much as apologise, just say "We learned stuff", "you ain't getting shit from us for the losses we caused you - read the T&C's" and set up other business ventures for themselves. Sick of waiting and sick of KNC.

man, you fucking whine a lot.
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:00:15 PM

I think they will right their ship, but for many customers they are left in tough waters
I'm 9BTC down and still no miner. Not even going to get 1 day on current difficulty it looks like. Next difficulty is probably going to mean we are down to mining only 0.5BTC/day on a jupiter. So 2 days per bitcoin. In a couple of weeks, it'll take a week+/1btc.

And KNC don't even as much as apologise, just say "We learned stuff", "you ain't getting shit from us for the losses we caused you - read the T&C's" and set up other business ventures for themselves. Sick of waiting and sick of KNC.

Last in Lines always do. (If he is even in line hah)
Meizirkki

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:00:50 PM

with all the right tho
soy
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:07:48 PM

I go with (HW*100)/A

HW error % = HW/A+R+HW

where

HW = number of hw errors
A    = number of accepted
R    = number of rejected

with 0.97 I got something like 10-11% after almost 20 hours, whereas before the same miner running with 0.95 I used to have 5-7%

Thanks.  That changes mine from ~4.4% down to ~4.1%.  Although it doesn't agree with BertMod:

Device Hardware%=4.9875
Device Rejected%=4.1048
Pool Rejected%=4.3372
Pool Stale%=0.0000
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:15:10 PM

I go with (HW*100)/A

HW error % = HW/A+R+HW

where

HW = number of hw errors

Thanks.  That changes mine from ~4.4% down to ~4.1%.  Although it doesn't agree with BertMod:

Device Hardware%=4.9875
Device Rejected%=4.1048
Pool Rejected%=4.3372
Pool Stale%=0.0000

thanks, that means I am still at 21%, spinning my wheels it feels
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:16:38 PM

is there a syslog on these things that i can forward to knc...figure out this 20% Hardware Error rate.....ridonkulous.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:20:37 PM

I go with (HW*100)/A

HW error % = HW/A+R+HW

where

HW = number of hw errors

Device Hardware%=4.9875
Device Rejected%=4.1048
Pool Rejected%=4.3372
Pool Stale%=0.0000

thanks, that means I am still at 21%, spinning my wheels it feels

Did you try firmware 0.90 then enablecores.bin?  Are you forcing air onto the BBB?  A warmish BBB will drop your hashrate.
sickpig
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:23:23 PM

I go with (HW*100)/A

HW error % = HW/A+R+HW

where

HW = number of hw errors

Device Hardware%=4.9875
Device Rejected%=4.1048
Pool Rejected%=4.3372
Pool Stale%=0.0000

I use this formula because kano say so ;P don't remember where thou. Now i'm on my way home but as soon as i get there i'll search the link of the post where he explained how to compute varoius ratios.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:23:57 PM

Did you try firmware 0.90 then enablecores.bin?  Are you forcing air onto the BBB?  A warmish BBB will drop your hashrate.

Why would a "warmish" BBB drop your hashrate?

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
sickpig
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:28:23 PM

Field experience. Several board members report that adding intake airflow at the front bottom improve prformance. Look for DPoS posts in this and "knc jupiter first impression" thread

xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:30:05 PM

Field experience. Several board members report that adding intake airflow at the front bottom improve prformance. Look for DPoS posts in this and "knc jupiter first impression" thread

I would be interested to hear what the theory is behind that "field experience".  On the face of it, that sounds ridiculous.  I have seen stranger things though, so I am not gonna call BS just yet.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:33:23 PM

Did you try firmware 0.90 then enablecores.bin?  Are you forcing air onto the BBB?  A warmish BBB will drop your hashrate.

I would be interested to hear what the theory is behind that "field experience".  On the face of it, that sounds ridiculous.  I have seen stranger things though, so I am not gonna call BS just yet.

I think it was a lone customer... yes... others?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:35:25 PM

if want a few more stats on the status page do this:  (you'll need to move them to the /www dirs after each reboot)

create a file named mining_stat.html_tmpl2
and place it in /config/

Code:
<div id="result" class="section">
  <div class="col span_6_of_12">
    <h4>Mining Status</h4>
    <table border="1">
      <tr><td>CGMiner Status</td><td>#%#Status#%#</td></tr>
      <tr><td>Last Checked</td><td>#%#time#%#</td></tr>
      <tr><td>Avg. Hash Rate</td><td>#%#hashrate#%#</td></tr>
      <tr><td>WU</td><td>#%#workUtility#%#</td></tr>
      <tr><td>Hardware Error Rate</td><td>#%#deviceHardware#%#</td></tr>
      <tr><td>Difficulty Accepted</td><td>#%#difficultyAccepted#%#</td></tr>
      <tr><td>Hardware Errors</td><td>#%#hardwareErrors#%#</td></tr>
      <tr><td>Device Rejected Rate</td><td>#%#deviceRejected#%#</td></tr>
      <tr><td>Pool Rejected Rate</td><td>#%#poolRejected#%#</td></tr>
      <tr><td>PBS_comments</td><td>#%#pbsComments#%#</td></tr>
    </table>
  </div>

<div class="col span_6_of_12">
    <h4>HW Status</h4>
    #%#ASIC_STATUS#%#
  </div>
</div>

then make another file called fetch_mining_stat.cgi
and place it in /config/

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#set -x

asic_status="<table border=\"1\">"

asic_stat_file=/var/run/stats.knc
if [ -f $asic_stat_file ] ; then
    i=1

OIFS=$IFS
    IFS="="
    while read status ; do
set -- $status
if [ "$1" != "" ] ; then 
    if [ "$2" != "OFF" ] ; then
asic_status="${asic_status}<tr><td>ASIC slot #$i</td><td>$2 \&#x2103;</td></tr>"
i=`expr $i + 1`
    else
asic_status="${asic_status}<tr><td>ASIC slot #$i</td><td>-</td></tr>"
i=`expr $i + 1`
    fi
fi

done <  $asic_stat_file
    IFS=$OIFS
else
    for line in 1 2 3 4 5 6 ; do
asic_status="${asic_status}<tr><td>ASIC slot #$i</td><td>-</td></tr>"
    done
fi

asic_status="${asic_status}</table>"

killall -0 cgminer 2&> /dev/null
if [ $? = 0 ] ; then
    pid=`pidof cgminer`
    tasks=`ls /proc/$pid/task/|wc -l`
    if [ $tasks -gt 1 ] ; then
proc_running="Running (pid="$pid")"
    else
proc_running="Halted (Check Miner Settings)"
    fi
else
    proc_running="Stopped"
fi

if [ "`echo $proc_running | grep Running`" != "" ] ; then
    data=`/usr/bin/api-cgminer -o`

# check that connect to cgminer was ok
    if [ "$data" = "Socket connect failed: Connection refused" ] ; then
proc_running="Running (Connect to CGMiner API failed)"
break
    fi

IFS=","
    set -- $data

for d in $data ; do
IFS="="
set -- $d
if [ "$1" = "When" ] ; then
    probe_time=`date -d @"$2"`
elif [ "$1" = "MHS av" ] ; then
            hashrate="`expr ${2/.*} / 1000` Gh/s"
elif [ "$1" = "Work Utility" ] ; then
    work_utility=${2/.*}
elif [ "$1" = "Device Hardware%" ] ; then
    device_hardware=${2/.2*}
elif [ "$1" = "Difficulty Accepted" ] ; then
    difficulty_accepted=${2/.*}
elif [ "$1" = "Hardware Errors" ] ; then
    hardware_errors=${2/.*}
elif [ "$1" = "Device Rejected%" ] ; then
    device_rejected=${2/.2*}    
elif [ "$1" = "Pool Rejected%" ] ; then
    pool_rejected=${2/.2*}                
elif [ "$1" = "Elapsed" ] ; then
    pbs_comments=${2/.*}
fi
    done
fi

sed '
s/#%#Status#%#/'"$proc_running"'/g
s/#%#time#%#/'"$probe_time"'/g
s!#%#hashrate#%#!'"$hashrate"'!g
s/#%#workUtility#%#/'"$work_utility"'/g
s/#%#deviceHardware#%#/'"$device_hardware"'/g
s/#%#difficultyAccepted#%#/'"$difficulty_accepted"'/g
s/#%#hardwareErrors#%#/'"$hardware_errors"'/g
s/#%#deviceRejected#%#/'"$device_rejected"'/g
s/#%#poolRejected#%#/'"$pool_rejected"'/g
s/#%#pbsComments#%#/'"$pbs_comments"'/g
s!#%#ASIC_STATUS#%#!'"$asic_status"'!g' < /www/tmpl/mining_stat.html_tmpl2

now copy the first file to /www/tmpl/

that won't change anything yet.. current one still being used.

now copy the second file to /www/pages/cgi-bin/

once you do that, it will add some extra fields to show this:

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 04:37:22 PM

Is it me or does anyone think KNC not showing up here or in their own forums a bit odd? I mean literally missing in action here through-out this whole process with us. All we have had is very limited support through email and that's it. This really puts a sting on me and would really make me think about ordering anything from them again in the future. Granted, we have had some firmware updates but I don't believe cgminer is even fully %100 compatible with their miners. I bought 2 Saturn's from them. One for me and one for my Dad. My Dad contributed a little money into it and I feel horrible that he may not get his money back, because two months ago I kept telling him KNC will deliver on time for us. I guess I can't blame KNC %100 on that, since the difficulty is rising so fast who would of expecting going from $200/day to less then $25/day in 2 months.

Not sure why I'm even writing this, I guess I'm just venting a little and sorry about that.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:38:42 PM

I would be interested to hear what the theory is behind that "field experience".  On the face of it, that sounds ridiculous.  I have seen stranger things though, so I am not gonna call BS just yet.

which was the main reason I didn't post it to the boards for 3 days and kept it to myself....

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Pages: « 1 ... 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 [912] 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: