Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:54:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 [913] 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:40:50 PM

Did you try firmware 0.90 then enablecores.bin?  Are you forcing air onto the BBB?  A warmish BBB will drop your hashrate.

Why would a "warmish" BBB drop your hashrate?

I don't know why only that it does.  Perhaps overworked.  Found it thru experimentation.  In fact I'm thinking of replacing the cardboard I have forcing the intake air down onto the BBB with a small standoff-mounted fan.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:41:42 PM

Did you try firmware 0.90 then enablecores.bin?  Are you forcing air onto the BBB?  A warmish BBB will drop your hashrate.

Field experience. Several board members report that adding intake airflow at the front bottom improve prformance. Look for DPoS posts in this and "knc jupiter first impression" thread

I would be interested to hear what the theory is behind that "field experience".  On the face of it, that sounds ridiculous.  I have seen stranger things though, so I am not gonna call BS just yet.

I think it was a lone customer... yes... others?

As i've already said i'm commuting back home and i'm typing this from my smartphone, as doon as i get access to a proper device i will look up for reference. If memeory serves also trepex found it useful

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1063
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:41:47 PM

I would be interested to hear what the theory is behind that "field experience".  On the face of it, that sounds ridiculous.  I have seen stranger things though, so I am not gonna call BS just yet.

which was the main reason I didn't post it to the boards for 3 days and kept it to myself....

You should do some experiments heating the BBB with a hairdryer or something, and see if you observe directly a change in hashrate.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
sickpig
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:43:32 PM

I would be interested to hear what the theory is behind that "field experience".  On the face of it, that sounds ridiculous.  I have seen stranger things though, so I am not gonna call BS just yet.

which was the main reason I didn't post it to the boards for 3 days and kept it to myself....

you've probably done  the right thing ;-)

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
joae1975

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:43:38 PM

0.97 also shows a continuous drop of hashrate for me from 500 to 470 (3 hour average eligius).

Actually.. it doesn't seem to be coming back in any previous firmware. Last value was 450 and that's where it stayed. I read compatible reports on KNC's forum. I fear 0.97 might damage bad Jupiters... Careful upgrading yours.

.96 does seem to be better than .97 on good jupiters.   I haven't tried it on a bad jupiter yet..  so far bad jupiters hash better on .94 'overclocked' running bfgminer but the VRMs/chips do have to take a beating..  perhaps heatsinks?

to 'cure' modules, remove the asic_test file and install .96, run enable cores and few times and reboot.   It should do its 1-2 min asic tests and then reboot itself.  you should have more enabled cores again

How do I remove that asic_test file??
+1

Please some help on this.  I can't seem to find the answer.

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:45:55 PM

I'm happy with mine.  Almost like it's time to get my life back.  Odd things to do like run cat5 to a back room I don't plan to heat.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 04:46:38 PM

Did you try firmware 0.90 then enablecores.bin?  Are you forcing air onto the BBB?  A warmish BBB will drop your hashrate.

Field experience. Several board members report that adding intake airflow at the front bottom improve prformance. Look for DPoS posts in this and "knc jupiter first impression" thread

More likely has to do with cooling the VRMs then the BB.

sickpig
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:47:56 PM

More likely has to do with cooling the VRMs then the BB.

Yes it could be one of the possible reasons.

opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 04:50:22 PM

Alongside the list of firmwares available for download and installation, I'd like to see a list of changes each firmware has compared to the previous.  I could then decide if what the upgrade offers is in my interest to apply or skip if it addresses a problem I'm not experiencing.

You mean a changelog, which is the norm. Very strange there isn't one.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 04:51:28 PM

Is it me or does anyone think KNC not showing up here or in their own forums a bit odd? I mean literally missing in action here through-out this whole process with us. All we have had is very limited support through email and that's it. This really puts a sting on me and would really make me think about ordering anything from them again in the future. Granted, we have had some firmware updates but I don't believe cgminer is even fully %100 compatible with their miners. I bought 2 Saturn's from them. One for me and one for my Dad. My Dad contributed a little money into it and I feel horrible that he may not get his money back, because two months ago I kept telling him KNC will deliver on time for us. I guess I can't blame KNC %100 on that, since the difficulty is rising so fast who would of expecting going from $200/day to less then $25/day in 2 months.

Not sure why I'm even writing this, I guess I'm just venting a little and sorry about that.

A) They have their own and B) what's the point in showing up in this thread? they are responsive to email, if you have a question you can email them.  Unless you have a Day 1/day 2, all they promised you was they would deliver "In October".  

since the difficulty is rising so fast who would of expecting going from $200/day to less then $25/day in 2 months.

Everyone who either had a brain or used the genesis block mining calculator?

opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 05:02:36 PM

0.97 also shows a continuous drop of hashrate for me from 500 to 470 (3 hour average eligius).

Actually.. it doesn't seem to be coming back in any previous firmware. Last value was 450 and that's where it stayed. I read compatible reports on KNC's forum. I fear 0.97 might damage bad Jupiters... Careful upgrading yours.

.96 does seem to be better than .97 on good jupiters.   I haven't tried it on a bad jupiter yet..  so far bad jupiters hash better on .94 'overclocked' running bfgminer but the VRMs/chips do have to take a beating..  perhaps heatsinks?

to 'cure' modules, remove the asic_test file and install .96, run enable cores and few times and reboot.   It should do its 1-2 min asic tests and then reboot itself.  you should have more enabled cores again

+1

Download a program (for windows) called WinSCP. You can log into your miner via IP address using port 22 and view the file structure there. It really is best not to mess around with anything unless you know what you are doing! You can really do damage in there.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1063
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:04:16 PM

+1

I'm not sure why you need to remove this file - I would think it would just overwrite it, but if you really want to remove it:

SSH into the machine, then:

# cd /config
# rm asic_test

The '#' is the command line prompt - don't type that.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:11:07 PM

If something not broken.....

Undecided

with my saturn I have been getting between 263-278Gh on FW 0.95 right out of the box.

Not messing with it.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:16:08 PM

So my Jupiter won't break 495GH.. all temps below 45C, I've tried .95 96 961 and on 97 with no luck. Fan mod, case of etc. Any other last ideas?

more fans.

asic temps are not very important as they are cooled very well with those giant heatsinks.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:16:21 PM

Is it me or does anyone think KNC not showing up here or in their own forums a bit odd? I mean literally missing in action here through-out this whole process with us. All we have had is very limited support through email and that's it. This really puts a sting on me and would really make me think about ordering anything from them again in the future. Granted, we have had some firmware updates but I don't believe cgminer is even fully %100 compatible with their miners. I bought 2 Saturn's from them. One for me and one for my Dad. My Dad contributed a little money into it and I feel horrible that he may not get his money back, because two months ago I kept telling him KNC will deliver on time for us. I guess I can't blame KNC %100 on that, since the difficulty is rising so fast who would of expecting going from $200/day to less then $25/day in 2 months.

Not sure why I'm even writing this, I guess I'm just venting a little and sorry about that.

Agree with you, they are great at PR in their own heads, even offering to help other companies to sort out problems when the reality is they are about the worst I've come across for communication. Too busy with that bloody film and promoting themselves to realise that in the end it's OUR experience that makes or breaks them.

The hosting situation is pure robbery, people not having early ordered hosted units running and rigs up and down like a brides nightie ..totally unsupported except for some customer support person who is  clueless. Rigs should never be down for even an hour when hoisted ..that's why people pay the ransom for it. Hardly cheap was it?  

ORSOC are the pros in this, KNC I'll never deal with again, not only because they were late and didn't care...but because they still don't give a shit about the poor buggers still waiting and still aren't communication. One person spending 30 minutes a day on customers...what a difference that would make. We'd know where we were, where they planned on going, we'd be a lot happier. A few lines update every 3 days that is mainly bullshit..that's a joke.

Remember, they are all caught up today with Oct orders. They said so in a news update. Must be true. Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
btc_uzr

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

let's have some fun

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:19:46 PM

So my Jupiter won't break 495GH.. all temps below 45C, I've tried .95 96 961 and on 97 with no luck. Fan mod, case of etc. Any other last ideas?

Have a look into file '/config/asic_test'.

What does it say ?

Good ASIC looks like this:

Code:
ASIC board #4 has 4 DC/DC
Found a KnC miner with 192 cores
KnC ASICs: good cores: 190 from 192
KnC ASICs: good cores after re-test: 192 from 192
Good cores map:
 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
paranoidx

Activity: 146

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:20:02 PM

I'm not sure why you need to remove this file - I would think it would just overwrite it, but if you really want to remove it:

# cd /config
# rm asic_test

Thank you.

and yes, DPos, wouldn't the asic_test get overwritten one you load the new firmware??
joae1975

Activity: 752

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:23:52 PM

+1

# cd /config
# rm asic_test

Well, I read to try it here.  And I read about it on the knc forum.  Seems like someone wants a guinea pig.  Any success with this?  Anyone?

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:26:25 PM

A) They have their own and B) what's the point in showing up in this thread? they are responsive to email, if you have a question you can email them.  Unless you have a Day 1/day 2, all they promised you was they would deliver "In October".  

since the difficulty is rising so fast who would of expecting going from $200/day to less then $25/day in 2 months.

Everyone who either had a brain or used the genesis block mining calculator?

They promised Oct 15 and repeated over and over said they were on track for that. It was in huge lettering on their website.

They don't answer on their own fucking forum either. It's all customers helping other customers.
Go back a few posts and see the response given to a hosted customer about his non working hosted rig...a canned response saying we'll get back to you in 2-3 WORKING days. Don't you think that maybe given the fact that they took in tens of thousands (conservatively) for hosting they might consider having some fucker to ring at the data centre or at least someone with decent knowledge on the phone at CS?

Also consider exactly how informed we'd have been if Orama hadn't been here. Not very. Without his inside observation and answering questions we'd be mushrooms. When did you last see an email newsletter? When they were still taking in money? I know one man band companies who deal with customers far better.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
btc_uzr

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

let's have some fun

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:28:11 PM

+1

# cd /config
# rm asic_test

Well, I read to try it here.  And I read about it on the knc forum.  Seems like someone wants a guinea pig.  Any success with this?  Anyone?

If you are concerned about breaking sth, just rename this file ?
Then you can revert it anytime.

#mv /config/asic_test  /config/asic_test.bak

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
Pages: « 1 ... 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 [913] 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: