Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:52:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 [1131] 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:31:25 AM

does anyone experience some variances after 0.99 upgrade? one of my Jupiters were hashing at about 450gh/s then suddenly after 20 days of mining suddenly drops on 430gh/s after 0.99 upgrade i get only 380gh/s. i assume one of the boards, because it gets hotter than others.

anyone have similar problem?
try wiggle the pci power connections....
use bertmod to watch the vrm come to life...
had the same happen... could help.

**On Eliguis...   I'm really happy there... We solve blocks like "White on rice" compared to slush, the transaction fees really add up... and Wizkid has proven to be VERY reliable...  and talented. High % uptime; and the graphs aren't done...he's working on them.... right now actually; along with many other features...  given time, I'd bet he's planning merge mining other crypto's like LTC, DEV,  like ghash.io does.....
No offense to slushie pool, he's a talent himself! These guys are brainiacs....   just I like Eligius better for a few reasons, NMC, no pool Fees, shared transaction fees, etc...  the graphing...
I think Luke & Wizkid should join forces.... just a thought....

I thought Elgius was known as "Luke-Jr's pool" but wizkid057 maintained it?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 12:36:02 AM

Colour me suspicious but ghash.io don't have the greatest track record as an upstanding part of the bitcoin community.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=327767.0

There is more to choosing a pool than just apparent returns.

Maybe that's real, and maybe it's just FUD to weaken a strong competitor - I don't know and frankly, neither do you at the moment.  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Innocent until proven guilty and all that, you know.

Whoah kano went off on one there at the end Shocked
Hah that's usual for kano. His point about luke-Jr actually condoning that action was still a very valid point though.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:40:47 AM

Honestly, I think that if anyone is really deeply committed to 'doing your part' to fight decentralization of mining, you NEED to be mining with P2pool, or using your coding skills to help forrestv make it the best pool option available.

P2pool (or some other yet-to-be-invented distributed pool system) is the ONLY chance to really fight decentralization.  Expecting miners to altruistically choose their mining pool is NOT a realistic long-term strategy.

I tried to use P2pool, but right now, it simply does not work well enough with the fastest ASIC H/W currently available - or maybe the H/W does not work well with P2pool.  Regardless of where the fault lies, miners are going to use the fastest H/W they can get, and P2pool will lose until either it adapts to the H/W, or future vendors adapt to P2pool.

In any case, the point here is that distributed pool mining needs to be the future if decentralization is to be avoided.  Anything else is just a losing strategy.  Altruism, while admirable, will not save the day here.  It will just lose you money in the short term.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
Blazey

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:42:41 AM

does anyone experience some variances after 0.99 upgrade? one of my Jupiters were hashing at about 450gh/s then suddenly after 20 days of mining suddenly drops on 430gh/s after 0.99 upgrade i get only 380gh/s. i assume one of the boards, because it gets hotter than others.

anyone have similar problem?
try wiggle the pci power connections....
use bertmod to watch the vrm come to life...
had the same happen... could help.

**On Eliguis...   I'm really happy there... We solve blocks like "White on rice" compared to slush, the transaction fees really add up... and Wizkid has proven to be VERY reliable...  and talented. High % uptime; and the graphs aren't done...he's working on them.... right now actually; along with many other features...  given time, I'd bet he's planning merge mining other crypto's like LTC, DEV,  like ghash.io does.....
No offense to slushie pool, he's a talent himself! These guys are brainiacs....   just I like Eligius better for a few reasons, NMC, no pool Fees, shared transaction fees, etc...  the graphing...
I think Luke & Wizkid should join forces.... just a thought....

i will inspect the power connections, i have not tried the bertmod yet as i am very scared it might brick the device. anyway, thanks for the answer and i will look up on the knc forum for some bertmod help.
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:49:48 AM

Honestly, I think that if anyone is really deeply committed to 'doing your part' to fight decentralization of mining, you NEED to be mining with P2pool, or using your coding skills to help forrestv make it the best pool option available.

P2pool (or some other yet-to-be-invented distributed pool system) is the ONLY chance to really fight decentralization.  Expecting miners to altruistically choose their mining pool is NOT a realistic long-term strategy.

I tried to use P2pool, but right now, it simply does not work well enough with the fastest ASIC H/W currently available - or maybe the H/W does not work well with P2pool.  Regardless of where the fault lies, miners are going to use the fastest H/W they can get, and P2pool will lose until either it adapts to the H/W, or future vendors adapt to P2pool.

In any case, the point here is that distributed pool mining needs to be the future if decentralization is to be avoided.  Anything else is just a losing strategy.  Altruism, while admirable, will not save the day here.  It will just lose you money in the short term.

I know what you mean I went over to multipool which I used to use for scrypt mining on gpu's as they were trying to get their Bitcoin pool hashrate up. I spent nearly 48 hours there without getting one decimal fraction of a BTC because basically I was like 15% of the hashrate on my own. Effectively it was like solo mining.

Whats P2pool like as an experience?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
xyzzy099
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:53:59 AM

In any case, the point here is that distributed pool mining needs to be the future if decentralization is to be avoided.  Anything else is just a losing strategy.  Altruism, while admirable, will not save the day here.  It will just lose you money in the short term.

I know what you mean I went over to multipool which I used to use for scrypt mining on gpu's as they were trying to get their Bitcoin pool hashrate up. I spent nearly 48 hours there without getting one decimal fraction of a BTC because basically I was like 15% of the hashrate on my own. Effectively it was like solo mining.

It works pretty well if you have enough hashpower, but the variance is very high if you are a low-hashrate miner.  Some hardware (like Knc H/W) does not work well with it, at least it didn't the last time I tried.  The payout is good - miners get 100% of block reward + transactions.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 12:57:25 AM

KnC works fine on p2pool with the later firmwares which fixed the slow block change problem (ie >= 0.97).

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
xyzzy099
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:04:19 AM

KnC works fine on p2pool with the later firmwares which fixed the slow block change problem (ie >= 0.97).

It works a lot better, but my experience was that I seemed to still end up losing about 40GH/s over time.  It's hard to tell what the actual effect of the apparent lower hash rate is with P2pool though - it's possible that I just didn't give it enough time - the dynamics of mining on P2pool are a lot different than on traditional pools.  In bitcoin mining, though, difficulty never rests, so time is very much at a premium.  I just gave up and moved on.

Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:04:55 AM

It works pretty well if you have enough hashpower, but the variance is very high if you are a low-hashrate miner.  Some hardware (like Knc H/W) does not work well with it, at least it didn't the last time I tried.  The payout is good - miners get 100% of block reward + transactions.

But a 2% pool fee? According to p2pool.org

xyzzy099
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:10:22 AM

P2pool.org is not the same as P2pool - you are mining on a node owned and operated by someone else, and paying them a fee.  P2pool is meant to have each miner create his own node for mining.  The P2pool software, by default, will automatically give 1% to the author, but you can set it to 0% if you choose.

Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:13:59 AM

P2pool.org is not the same as P2pool - you are mining on a node owned and operated by someone else, and paying them a fee.  P2pool is meant to have each miner create his own node for mining.  The P2pool software, by default, will automatically give 1% to the author, but you can set it to 0% if you choose.

Aha! Sneaky bugger. Looks like http://p2pool.in/ is the official site. Looking into it now.

Looks like lots of info here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18313.0

Also looks like a royal PITA to setup especially for noobs.

xyzzy099
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:17:07 AM

Aha! Sneaky bugger. Looks like http://p2pool.in/ is the official site. Looking into it now.

No, the 'official site' is on your own PC Smiley

You download the P2pool software, read the instructions on how to set it up at https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/P2Pool , then you run a P2pool node that connects to other nodes, and your own bitcoin-qt.  Your miner will connect to the P2pool instance running on you PC.

Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:11:41 AM

Why mine at any other pool when Eligius is 0% Fees?

Downtime.

I guess you could do elig + a backup pool.

Not sure I've experienced any downtime in the past month or so that was caused by eligius.

And please tell me, why do you mine at Eligius? Such an ugly site! That Wizkid and his pool.

I mine at eligius because with 11 Jupiters, 3% Fees would have been over 11 Coins already for me that I would have given to BTCGuild or other pools.

Why mine at any other pool when Eligius is 0% Fees? Because you like pretty Stats? Not worth all that lost money.

Also 105% PPS NMC helps out, get an extra coin or two per month. Pool basically pays you to mine there Tongue

Ghash.io has 0% fee, pays transactions to miners, and merge-mines NMC, IXC, and DVC - and their stats page seems to be very reliable.

Ghash.io has made it extremely clear that their fee is "currently" 0% and could likely change it in the future. They are directly connected to CEX.io and have the majority of the networks hashrate currently.

Unless Eligius gets too big I don't plan on switching and would sway others from joining a pool that currently has 24% of the network https://blockchain.info/pools?timespan=24hrs
monsieur

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

knc-shill-wannabe

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:15:31 AM

KNC should delay production and shipment of this batch till January, in my opinion. I think it will be a noble thing for knc to do towards small miners who just get introduced to bitcoin with Erupters and such.

LOL. are you serious or just trolling?

So knc should delay because you forgot to use a bitcoin mining calculator before buying a USB miner?

I have a November order, but I am willing to forfeit some income for greater good.

The grater good?  you want to break even on your usb erupter is not the Greater good.  If you want to do something for the grater good, send money to the Philippines appeal or some money for a Syrian refugee.  Helping someone get ROI on a product that is effective useless is not the grater good.  Sorry to say it but you should have done your homework before buying an obsolete device.  

If you want to mine something with this block erupter why don't you try mining PPCoin.  Im sure it's the best solution from here on in.  PPcoin has held fairly steady and once you have a few coins in your wallet for some time they start to mine automatically (Proof of Stake) without any mining hardware/devices

Just me sending money somewhere will have practically no impact. Knc agreeing to delay production will have big impact. Just imagine headlines: "KNC and its customers agree to halt production to protect the network". As the matter of fact, I am receiving a lot of PMs from classy November customers agreeing with me. So, Bitcoinorama, I think it will be safe to assume that the majority of November customers agree for at least a month of delay, and you can relay the message to your superiors.
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:20:08 AM

KNC should delay production and shipment of this batch till January, in my opinion. I think it will be a noble thing for knc to do towards small miners who just get introduced to bitcoin with Erupters and such.

So knc should delay because you forgot to use a bitcoin mining calculator before buying a USB miner?

I have a November order, but I am willing to forfeit some income for greater good.

The grater good?  you want to break even on your usb erupter is not the Greater good.  If you want to do something for the grater good, send money to the Philippines appeal or some money for a Syrian refugee.  Helping someone get ROI on a product that is effective useless is not the grater good.  Sorry to say it but you should have done your homework before buying an obsolete device.  

If you want to mine something with this block erupter why don't you try mining PPCoin.  Im sure it's the best solution from here on in.  PPcoin has held fairly steady and once you have a few coins in your wallet for some time they start to mine automatically (Proof of Stake) without any mining hardware/devices

Just me sending money somewhere will have practically no impact. Knc agreeing to delay production will have big impact. Just imagine headlines: "KNC and its customers agree to halt production to protect the network". As the matter of fact, I am receiving a lot of PMs from classy November customers agreeing with me. So, Bitcoinorama, I think it will be safe to assume that the majority of November customers agree for at least a month of delay, and you can relay the message to your superiors.

I don't know what you are smoking , but it is good.
RHA

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:26:00 AM

I'm very curious why KnC didn't use for mounting the heatsink the standard four-holes plates which are in a box with the Arctic freezer i30, but rather used additional aluminum bar.
xyzzy099
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:40:49 AM

Why mine at any other pool when Eligius is 0% Fees?

Downtime.

I guess you could do elig + a backup pool.

Not sure I've experienced any downtime in the past month or so that was caused by eligius.

And please tell me, why do you mine at Eligius? Such an ugly site! That Wizkid and his pool.

I mine at eligius because with 11 Jupiters, 3% Fees would have been over 11 Coins already for me that I would have given to BTCGuild or other pools.

Why mine at any other pool when Eligius is 0% Fees? Because you like pretty Stats? Not worth all that lost money.

Also 105% PPS NMC helps out, get an extra coin or two per month. Pool basically pays you to mine there Tongue

Ghash.io has 0% fee, pays transactions to miners, and merge-mines NMC, IXC, and DVC - and their stats page seems to be very reliable.

Ghash.io has made it extremely clear that their fee is "currently" 0% and could likely change it in the future. They are directly connected to CEX.io and have the majority of the networks hashrate currently.

Unless Eligius gets too big I don't plan on switching and would sway others from joining a pool that currently has 24% of the network https://blockchain.info/pools?timespan=24hrs

When I started mining on Eligius two months ago, it had 2% of the network hashpower, and 50BTC had ~20%.  When I quit mining there yesterday, Eligius was at ~15% of the network, and 50BTC was almost nonexistent.  These things change frequently and quickly.

If you are really that concerned about decentralization for the long-term, set up a P2pool node.  Anything else is just a very short-term strategy that ultimately will not be sufficient.  The majority of miners will always tend to mine on the pool where they perceive the most profitability, just like they do currently.

Help make P2pool (or another distributed pool that you invent) the obvious pool of choice, or continue to watch miners flock to the biggest pool with lowest fees, the most merge-mining, or some other perceived advantage.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:02:25 AM

My biggest concern now, is how long until the next pre-order!...
O'Rama....  can you ask for us...  a teaser maybe?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:03:13 AM

Yeah, I really love what KNC has done and am eager to see what new beast they roll out. At the same time, it may come down to who can ship first..

While KNC has been working on their stuff, deliveries and all that there most likely have been other companies working on their stuff as well....miners hashing at 2TH or even more will most likely come from other companies then KNC. The problem is to find out which ones will be on the market first. Seriously, KNC's first top of the line rig was 580Gh/s. What could possibly be their top of the line 2nd gen model? I REALLY want to see an American company come out with something. I would definitely take the ride to check them out and pick up the goods, as well as a lot of other people would.

American company ....lots of people went and we're impressed with BFL trips butterflylabs and look how that turned out..you just never know

(still can't believe the BFL site with all the fancy pics/shoutbox/etc was a scam by never shipping stuff and the KNC site with LINE DRAWINGS of their miners was legit..go figure)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
monsieur

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

knc-shill-wannabe

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:35:29 AM

I don't know what you are smoking , but it is good.

not too shabby, not too shabby
Pages: « 1 ... 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 [1131] 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: