Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:41:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you feel shameful for being a gambler?  (Read 34446 times)
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 10:37:54 PM

I don't see why anyone would feel ashamed for gambling. As long as you're the one in control of your actions you can do whatever the hell you want. The only way somebody could legitimately feel ashamed would be if they lost control and acted impulsively. I suppose that could be true for most gamblers, since they think gambling is a way to get rich, which it is not. But generally speaking, there is nothing wrong with gambling.
People can't always control there emotions or action when it comes of gambling the excitement and the enjoyement of playing gambling the more they act and the more they think possitive to think of it that they really can. About the lost control it is up to you if you're going to follow your guts or not most of gamblers are playing in the short term period where they gonna greed there money risk that big amount until they get nothing or win the game.

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:39:54 PM

Go guys!
In many cultures and countries is gambling consider as a bad thing which only the poorest and silliest ones do. Many gamblers try to hide that they gamble from their friends and families and feel really shameful for that. Do you consider gambling as a bad thing? Do you feel shameful or proud for being a gambler? If it is shame what you feel what do you about it? How do you hide you're a gambler and who do you hide it from?
Let others know!

I don't feel ashamed for being gambler. I think there's nothing wrong with gambling as long as you're not doing something illegal, cheating and you're not hurting anyone. Gambling is created for entertainment. Maybe if you're deceiving people through gambling and you're making it as a living that's the only moment that you should be ashamed of what you're doing.
NikS13

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:49:57 PM

Yes because im always too greedy, and then I continue betting and at some point we all lose.
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 08:12:15 PM

If you lose everything with gambling and you know you can control yourself about it, you should be shameful if you lost all the time with gambling. It means you are not thinking of what future you will have, but you just like to take risk and not even using your brain. Be shameful if you lost even your family because they don’t know what their future holds with you since you are not thinking about them.

Truth. We don't have the right to judge but what we're seeing in these people is weak hearts and can't dicipline their own selves. Of course sometimes it's not just about gambling. Sometimes it's about problem on the family and they are going through depression and to forget about how lonely they are, they are making their selves succumb to gambling ang I think that's worse. Whenever you feel lost just take advice and don't forget to tell it to your friends. Don't just take all the shame for yourself, that's a camaraderies are here for.

For me I am not much of a gambler but if I was one I would shame like it was drugs. You throw your money away over and over in hopes to win.
It can be very dangerous and you can lose everything that is why I say it can be destructive like drugs.

True. When you're mental state is affected then you can't control it anymore and the destruction will occur not only to yourself but also on those people around you. Be careful.

shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 08:39:56 PM

I don't feel ashamed for being gambler. I think there's nothing wrong with gambling as long as you're not doing something illegal, cheating and you're not hurting anyone. Gambling is created for entertainment. Maybe if you're deceiving people through gambling and you're making it as a living that's the only moment that you should be ashamed of what you're doing.

Gambling is illegal right?even if it is for entertainment it is still illegal to gamble unless they dont use money . If it still use money or bitcoin or some other sort of currency that can be used or exchanged into currency than it is illegal . We should be ashamed but only when we are boasting about how great we are as a gambler
Zenithar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 08:45:51 PM

Go guys!
In many cultures and countries is gambling consider as a bad thing which only the poorest and silliest ones do. Many gamblers try to hide that they gamble from their friends and families and feel really shameful for that. Do you consider gambling as a bad thing? Do you feel shameful or proud for being a gambler? If it is shame what you feel what do you about it? How do you hide you're a gambler and who do you hide it from?
Let others know!

in fact every person has their own thinking and to me i think for those people who do not play gambling in a limit and with some planning and for most of the time they lose money in gambling then for such people gambling is not such a good activity, and they really feel shameful in gambling, but still there are some people who play gambling with a strategy and planning so they do not fell shame because they are not losing so much money in gambling.
yellow1

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:32:37 AM

I don't ashamed being a gambler because its not bad to go gamble, is not wrong if you know how to handle it there's nothing wrong in gambling. It makes me proud for being a gambler, especially when i win. Even if others is talking behind or people are judgmental i'm not ashamed, as long as you know what are you doing. Because for me gambling is a kind of entertainment and for fun and where any money happen to win is bonus, whether you win or lose. Don't to be ashamed of being gambler because gambling is for fun and profit.   
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:42:10 AM

No oh, It doesn't matter. Even that person who may laugh at you may even want to play it.
Yes, we are life must have principles never heard the people who laught us, i don't feel shamed because of i played gambling
I don't take it so seriously because my principles is gambling games are just for entertainment, although the people around me hates because i am gamblers, i don't care about them because it is my life and i have full control in it. Cheesy
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:04:19 AM

To be honest, I'm sometimes ashamed of the fact that I'm addicted to gambling and I try not to talk about this family because they are against such entertainment.

It's a shame if you are an addicted gambler and we all have the same feeling. But why not try to tell it your family? Instead of thinking that you'll receive hate maybe they can help you to boost up your confidence and even support you to get out of addiction.

It is more shameful that you did not tell your family and they are the one who found out. That they will find out that you already lost a lot of money, even an assets and investment, in gambling. Addiction on gambling is controllable by your mind. If you lose in gambling, all you want is to win it back so you won’t stop to bet.

RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:55:15 PM

That's what makes people become so shameful in several cases.
But i believe european people won't feel the shame at all mostly , the rules they have is tend to let gambling business grow and supported.
Basically we shouldn't shame about your gambling habit , you just need to play it full of responsibility.

European might not feel like that because most countries there are allow you to gamble. That is why people can gamble freely and that is why they dont need to feel ashamed but for me that come from a country that dont allow me to gamble then it is a crime for me to gamble. I want to keep this as my secret for sure
Yeaaa a living environtment and life style of people around have a big role on deciding woukd you shame or not being a gambler.
As i said many times , culture each places is so different right?
Those people who's used to gamble in daily basis they won't feel anything , just a casual thing.
They wont really feel anything since they do play gambling on constant basis which comes to a point on where hes already dumb on what people do say around him specially on a place where gambling is really a shameful thing or being prohibited. Shame thing would only be considered when you lose up all of your money and even on food you are already struggling.
No , what i mean is when you live where gambling legalized and ruled by the local government you won't feel anything.
As a lot of people doing the same as you to gamble in free way.
Shameful only if you gamble irresponsibly causing too much problem in your family or friends relationship, and all of them because of money.
carlerha

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:57:42 PM

Go guys!
Let others know!

in fact every person has their own thinking and to me i think for those people who do not play gambling in a limit and with some planning and for most of the time they lose money in gambling then for such people gambling is not such a good activity, and they really feel shameful in gambling, but still there are some people who play gambling with a strategy and planning so they do not fell shame because they are not losing so much money in gambling.
and my thinking is that i am not feeling shameful while playing gambling because i have a good limit for my playing gambling and i never try to overcome that limit that prevent me from a big lost.
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 12:29:36 AM

Serious gambling can be interpreted as working professionally, shame is not an excuse because it involves necessity and economy, just as we enjoy being comedians though essentially embarrassed by his skills. The opinions of others are not so important because every legal profession is a way of life to pursue success, I happen to live in a country that legalizes gambling.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 01:10:43 AM

Serious gambling can be interpreted as working professionally, shame is not an excuse because it involves necessity and economy, just as we enjoy being comedians though essentially embarrassed by his skills. The opinions of others are not so important because every legal profession is a way of life to pursue success, I happen to live in a country that legalizes gambling.
perceptions and own opinion regarding to this matter will be depend on how we all treat gambling and how our neighbors understand so like what you have said from your place if gambling is legalize its a matter of your responsibility on how you will take and play it wisely.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 01:28:20 AM

perceptions and own opinion regarding to this matter will be depend on how we all treat gambling and how our neighbors understand so like what you have said from your place if gambling is legalize its a matter of your responsibility on how you will take and play it wisely.
How we treat on gambling is dependent on who and what are you on the side of gambling. It's just that you can really focus on the fact that it's gambling and there's nothing that you can do about that anymore. It's just that the people on the side of gambling are probably addicted (if they can't control their gambling situations) that's the time where they should be ashamed.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:00:53 AM

To be honest, I'm sometimes ashamed of the fact that I'm addicted to gambling and I try not to talk about this family because they are against such entertainment.

It's a shame if you are an addicted gambler and we all have the same feeling. But why not try to tell it your family? Instead of thinking that you'll receive hate maybe they can help you to boost up your confidence and even support you to get out of addiction.

It is more shameful that you did not tell your family and they are the one who found out. That they will find out that you already lost a lot of money, even an assets and investment, in gambling. Addiction on gambling is controllable by your mind. If you lose in gambling, all you want is to win it back so you won’t stop to bet.

Correct, if you have a gambling problem which is addiction in particular. Your family must know it, you should not be ashamed of telling it to your family before it is too late to admit. @Naughty Princess is right, by being secretive to your own family, you might lose everything you have, assets and properties and including your family also. It will be better if you will cure your addiction as soon as possible.

Think of your family who would suffer the most if you became someone dangerous at the end because of gambling addiction.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 02:11:46 PM

My answer is no, why would I be shameful. I guess it's not a sin and I am not committing a crime either, for others who think gambling is very dangerous, that would only mean that they are not responsible enough to engage in a risky game. What I see is that bitcoin is a form of entertainment and based on experience, I enjoy doing it, so it's not a sin to have fun when you are not hurting others.
That's right, as long as your not doing anything bad or hurting someone because of gambling, there's nothing to be shameful at all. So just gamble for fun and entertainment.
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 02:23:49 PM

Go guys!
Let others know!

I don't feel shameful because of gambling. I'm not cheating or doing anything bad when gambling. As long as you're not hurting anyone while gambling it's ok.

Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:31:58 PM

Go guys!
Let others know!

I don't feel shameful because of gambling. I'm not cheating or doing anything bad when gambling. As long as you're not hurting anyone while gambling it's ok.
In my opinion you should stop doing gambling. Gambling is prohibited in many religions. It makes you addict and quite immoral in craze of increasing your money. Indirectly you do hurt the loser in gambling. May be he is already in worst financial condition. In short gambling is a shameful act.
Noilee

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:39:03 PM

I don't ashamed being a gambler because gambling makes me fun and i'm proud of it. They do not know what is purpose to go gambling, i go gamble just for fun only and profit. Its not wrong when you go gambling as long as you know how you limit yourself. Others feel ashamed because it makes you looks like greedy. Just true to yourself you don't need to ashamed it,  gambling is for fun and profit nothing wrong if you know you're doing it right.
betMaster

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 12:48:07 AM

Why do you have to be shameful? You have done nothing wrong. making your own money is never something to be ashamed of, you're not stealing or scamming anyone. Don't feel ashamed feel proud about yourself, you are not doing something wrong.
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: