Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:08:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you feel shameful for being a gambler?  (Read 34446 times)
bra4our

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 08:34:18 PM

There is nothing shameful about being a gambler, whats the shame of trying to earn some money the easy way. Its only shameful when one spends their entire savings just to win money. Being a compulsive gambling addict, that is the real shame.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:13:32 PM

I think shaming people for gambling is totally wrong, especially if it's seriously addicted gamblers who are being shamed. Usually it's people with depression and they need support, but shaming only makes them more depressed and disconnected, which leads to even more addiction and losses. Also there are people who gamble responsibly and just have a great time, so it's very unfair to call them addicts or crazy.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:18:47 PM

There is nothing shameful about being a gambler, whats the shame of trying to earn some money the easy way. Its only shameful when one spends their entire savings just to win money. Being a compulsive gambling addict, that is the real shame.
Yes, I agree with you mate, There is nothing shameful about being a gambler. because gambling its source for fun and for profit. So you can do that for one of them or for these 2 things. Anyway, I will be sure people who played gambling juste for fun. They will be very happy and feeling so good. I felt this feeling. It's amazing.
Most of my games are not for profit. It's only for pleasure, I always consider gambling is a source for fun.

Brystol-MyersSquibb

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:23:55 PM

No shame in my game. Its not like I put my 401K & childs college fund on black & lost. Its all about fun and moderation.
noodle_dam

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:28:15 PM

Not at all.
And you shouldn't.
If you have enough bank too close those bets then you deserve to do it and claim your reward for doing so.
Nothing shameful about that one bit! Wink

L.g.b.t

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:37:50 PM

Go guys!
In many cultures and countries is gambling consider as a bad thing which only the poorest and silliest ones do. Many gamblers try to hide that they gamble from their friends and families and feel really shameful for that. Do you consider gambling as a bad thing? Do you feel shameful or proud for being a gambler? If it is shame what you feel what do you about it? How do you hide you're a gambler and who do you hide it from?
Let others know!

Even in my country betting/gamblig were ilegal, i never feel reall shamefull being a gambling although i do gambling just for fun. That why i also said gambling was not a bad thing if you can control yours mind & yours personal bankroll..
Gerlysheyn

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 03:58:20 AM

Maybe no because some part are because it is your skills and knowledge how you use it to gamble or maybe yes because for the concervatives it is wrong for them. Being shameful is when your so asdicted about it and you have no more time anymore about your family, you are lack of management about money thats already dangerous. Its shameful.
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 04:59:00 AM

Go guys!
In many cultures and countries is gambling consider as a bad thing which only the poorest and silliest ones do. Many gamblers try to hide that they gamble from their friends and families and feel really shameful for that. Do you consider gambling as a bad thing? Do you feel shameful or proud for being a gambler? If it is shame what you feel what do you about it? How do you hide you're a gambler and who do you hide it from?
Let others know!
Of course not! No reason to be shameful for being a gambler, as long its helpful to you in some other reason. and gambling is not a bad thing its only in the mind of the member of how are they gonna give interpretation about it.
CODE200

Activity: 1428
Merit: 308

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 01:09:03 PM

No as long there are no other people being affected especially your love ones there's nothing for you to be shameful your goal is to win and enjoy and of course is have some fun but if the money you are spending when betting in every gamble you play is not yours and from someone else you should be ashamed from yourself.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Viscore

Activity: 3024
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 01:46:35 PM

No as long there are no other people being affected especially your love ones there's nothing for you to be shameful your goal is to win and enjoy and of course is have some fun but if the money you are spending when betting in every gamble you play is not yours and from someone else you should be ashamed from yourself.
It's our life so we take in charge of it, our past will determine the future so we have to be responsible in gambling, it's okay to lose but up
to the amount you can afford to lose only. It's very shameful if you go bankrupt just because of gambling as people will look at you as a stupid
person. Me, I was once lost in gambling but my experience taught me how to change my view in gambling, I have no skills to win so I now just
play for fun and I don't expect winning a good amount consistently cause seems it's an impossible mission to me.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 02:10:03 PM

Many people said no need to be shame for being a gambler as long as we did it with responsibly. In other word, as long as we arent ruined our life because of gambling, it'll be okey and no need to be shame.

But what if you can get good steady profit every month from gambling, would you like to tell to everyone that you can life with gambling proudly? I myself won't let people near me knows my habit even though for example I can life with this kind of activity. No one will appreciate me if they know I am a gambler.

Labumi

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 03:19:09 PM

In my culture and in my own country gambling is bad. It is shameful. They said that gambling is the work of lazy. They warned the gamblers. But gambling is not at all nrong or bad. It is up to the player if what makes him money interested to many and lose their appetiate to other things.

We really can't deny that there are countries, societies and cities that doesn't allow any gambling activity. They don't realize that gambling is one of the fastest growing industry in the world. And if they are going to allow tax on it, they will get profit. But well that's their belief, if they think that gambling is the work of lazy, then so be it.

Maybe some of them are right because gambling is really addictive and the government just want to prevent their people from playing there so there would be less cases on bankruptcy or something.

Not just some of them, all of us know that gambling is truly addictive and there's no way that can stop it when a person starts to enjoy, experience to win and become addicted. I respect those culture because I know it too, even in my family gambling is restricted by they don't know that I'm gambling though I'm not ashamed of it.

So are you saying that you are keeping your secrets of gambling with your family? I admire you for that but sooner or later they will found out about your secret gambling and you don't know if they will accept it in a positive way. But as you have said you are not ashamed of your gambling habits and it looks like it is under control and you are not addicted to it.

Not a general anymore. secretive if we could conduct gambling without being noticed by family and also our friends, because now we can do anything without being noticed someone with an internet connection. But it is indeed what you say is true, but it also applies to all those who already miss the limit or it could be said that they are doing so more than ever before.

peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 444

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 07:16:39 PM

Many people said no need to be shame for being a gambler as long as we did it with responsibly. In other word, as long as we arent ruined our life because of gambling, it'll be okey and no need to be shame.

But what if you can get good steady profit every month from gambling, would you like to tell to everyone that you can life with gambling proudly? I myself won't let people near me knows my habit even though for example I can life with this kind of activity. No one will appreciate me if they know I am a gambler.

I wouldn't also. Let them guess where I got my money but I won't directly tell them it comes from gambling. Because I know the next time they see you without money, they will always conclude that you lost it everything in gambling. People are judgemental. They will criticize you without knowing the real story behind. Maybe you don't have money because you buy something or lend it to someone. That's why don't flaunt all your money when you won big. Just stay cool as you are.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
buyinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 09:05:34 PM

Of course i don't feel shame or i feel bad that i gamble. I know, that i am not addicted to gambling, so why should i? Gambling is just a way to get happier, i think it is same as tv watching or book reading, it is just hobby that people like, so why should gamblers feel bad because they like to gambling.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 09:07:47 PM

People are judgemental. They will criticize you without knowing the real story behind. Maybe you don't have money because you buy something or lend it to someone. That's why don't flaunt all your money when you won big. Just stay cool as you are.

Most people are fool and they dont realize that they are not entitled to people's opinion. Most people cant take criticizim up in their face so that is the reason why someone might feel some negativity when people know that they gamble. It is our own life and everyone should be entitled only to the way they feel comfortable with and right
Viscore

Activity: 3024
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 02:05:02 AM

People are judgemental. They will criticize you without knowing the real story behind. Maybe you don't have money because you buy something or lend it to someone. That's why don't flaunt all your money when you won big. Just stay cool as you are.

Most people are fool and they dont realize that they are not entitled to people's opinion. Most people cant take criticizim up in their face so that is the reason why someone might feel some negativity when people know that they gamble. It is our own life and everyone should be entitled only to the way they feel comfortable with and right
That's correct, it's our money after all and if we will not manage it right, we will be the one who will face the consequences of our wrong actions.
We are gamblers and we aim to make money and to have fun at the same time but along the way we will face challenges especially in times where
we feel we are losing but in the end if we don't really want to be addicted, we will force ourselves to learn from our mistakes and by then we will mature.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 05:15:21 AM

That's correct, it's our money after all and if we will not manage it right, we will be the one who will face the consequences of our wrong actions.
We are gamblers and we aim to make money and to have fun at the same time but along the way we will face challenges especially in times where
we feel we are losing but in the end if we don't really want to be addicted, we will force ourselves to learn from our mistakes and by then we will mature.
We will surely learn up on our past mistakes that we commited specially on playing gambling but there are people do still trying hard to play again even more even if they are already losing up too much money and somehow looks like doing suicide.We do have our full control on our money if you don't manage it well then expect it would be lost.

CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 05:22:20 AM

No shame in my game. Its not like I put my 401K & childs college fund on black & lost. Its all about fun and moderation.
Yup, there are not wrong with game and entertainment but there are some people who doesn't responsibility when play gambling
they become addiction of gambling and some gamblers losing all of their real whealty it is the problem on gambling must be undertstood by all of people, so they doesn't blame gambling game.
kodes88

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 06:45:10 AM

Yup, there are not wrong with game and entertainment but there are some people who doesn't responsibility when play gambling
they become addiction of gambling and some gamblers losing all of their real whealty it is the problem on gambling must be undertstood by all of people, so they doesn't blame gambling game.

people will not feel embarrassed as long as they do not consider gambling as things go wrong, as long as the people around do not regard as wrong and as long as he is not addicted to gambling. Because if she feels that gambling is wrong, he will feel ashamed. Likewise, if people assume that gambling is the wrong thing he might feel embarrassed. And lastly, if he's addicted, not possible embarrassment, but it should be ashamed.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 06:54:53 AM

people will not feel embarrassed as long as they do not consider gambling as things go wrong, as long as the people around do not regard as wrong and as long as he is not addicted to gambling. Because if she feels that gambling is wrong, he will feel ashamed. Likewise, if people assume that gambling is the wrong thing he might feel embarrassed. And lastly, if he's addicted, not possible embarrassment, but it should be ashamed.
Practically no gambler realize what is going around them while they are into gambling. Out of addiction they do forget everything or they do not bother anything. They will simply believe everything goes in their way and their only ultimate ambition would be making big fortunes from gambling.

Hence we could never expect them bothering about what others are thinking about them whether it is a shameful activity or a respectful one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: