Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:46:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you feel shameful for being a gambler?  (Read 34446 times)
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:14:45 AM

Admit it or not most of us did this thing and right now we are into paying them from those mistakes. Although it's really a shame for you if your parents did know that you are gambling with their money. The best thing to do is to admit your mistake and maybe do something good for the sake of your parents and correct your mistake.
i think it is different from person to person, from place to place, from religion to religion, and from society to society, in some place gambling is consider as sin and there if you will continue gambling people will consider you not as a good person, and you yourself will feel shame to play gambling so openly and therefore you will try your best to play gambling anonymously.

And I'm pointing out about using your parents money or stealing money from them just for your itchy hand to gamble. If you are living to a place that has people who are thinking that gambling is something that has a bad reputation then you will feel shameful if they found out that you are gambling because they will have some murmuring with what you are doing.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 05:41:09 PM

It depends.
If you can understand that you are addicted to gambling then you should be ashamed. Most of the addiction has many negative reaction, that's why whatever you do, you need to control over every site. I don't feel ashamed of gambling Because I'm not addicted to it.
poldanmig

Activity: 1372
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 06:03:43 PM

Somehow to be ashamed of being a gambler. They never feed you, and you gamble with your money. There is no good reason to be embarrassed unless we beg for someone to gamble.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████     ▀███▀     ███          █████▀▀       ▀█████████    ███████████████████         ▀██████    ████████         ▀█████    ████
████      ▀█▀      ███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████      ██████████████████    ▄▄▄    ████      ███████    ▄▄▄    ████    ████
████               ███    ▀▀▀▀▀████    ████▀▀▀▀▀██████   ██   █████████████████    ███▀   ███   ██   ██████    ███▀   ████    ████
████    █▄   ▄█    ███    ▄▄▄▄▄████    ████▄▄   █████   ▀▀▀▀   ████████████████         ▄███   ▀▀▀▀   █████         ▄█████    ████
████    ██▄ ▄██    ███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████    ▀▀▀▀    ████            ███████████████    ████████            ████    █▄   ▀█████    ████
████    ███████    ███          █████▄▄       ▄████    ▄████▄    ██████████████    ███████    ▄████▄    ███    ███▄   ▀███    ████
█████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀████▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀████▀▀█████
█████▄  ███  ██  █  ▄▄ ██   █████
██████▄ ▀█  ▄█  ██▄  ▀██  █▄ ████
███████▄   ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀  █▀     ▀███
████████▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄███
██████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀███
████▀▀                ▀▀█   ██
███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █ ███
███ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ███
███ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ ▀ ███
███ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█   ███
███                      ▄████
███  ██████████████████  █████
███                      █████

9000+ SLOTS 
█████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▄  ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▄███▄ ▄███▄ ██████
████▀▄▄ ██▀▀ ▀▀██ ▄▄▀████
████ ▀ ▄▄ ▄███▄ ▄▄ ▀ ████
████ ████ ▀███▀ ████ ████
████▄ ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███ ▄████
█████▄ ▄▄ █████ ▄▄ ▄█████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
.PLAY NOW.
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
kodes88

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 06:04:02 PM

Go guys!
In many cultures and countries is gambling consider as a bad thing which only the poorest and silliest ones do. Many gamblers try to hide that they gamble from their friends and families and feel really shameful for that. Do you consider gambling as a bad thing? Do you feel shameful or proud for being a gambler? If it is shame what you feel what do you about it? How do you hide you're a gambler and who do you hide it from?
Let others know!

I think it's not really about whether others think it's sinful or not, it's the guilt that you feel with yourself, the frustration that you take out upno yourself after you lose money gambling on dice sites, roulette etc.

And as a once addictive gambler I can definitely say that i am very shameful of my gambling activities.

My parents really don't care that much but i sort of hate myself for ever gambling. I've gambled away bill money, school fees, etc. You name it.
Don't mind others are saying as long as you understand fully what you are doing, it's only a sin if you will lose your
money that you cannot afford, that means you are losing control in gambling which could possibly ruin your life.

Gambling is a sin, no matter whether you can afford it or not, whether you lose money you can afford or not, sin is a sin. Gambling is a sin from the beginning. People have sinned since they first started gambling. So, whether or not you are able to lose money you can afford or not, gambling is a sin.
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 07:34:54 PM

Somehow to be ashamed of being a gambler. They never feed you, and you gamble with your money. There is no good reason to be embarrassed unless we beg for someone to gamble.

It is a matter of where you live. If you live in my country then you will feel ashamed of what you are doing. Most people live in a place where gambling is legal therefore they dont feel ashamed of what they are doing. Imagine that you are doing illegal things in your country, that would be total shame for you
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:31:33 AM

It is a matter of where you live. If you live in my country then you will feel ashamed of what you are doing. Most people live in a place where gambling is legal therefore they dont feel ashamed of what they are doing. Imagine that you are doing illegal things in your country, that would be total shame for you

I think in a country where it is legal, there are only few people who gamble beyond their means because most of the time their gambling is supported by their fsmily and loved ones, who most likely are gambling themselves as well. I agree that the culture in where you're at affects greatly whether you'll be ashamed to gamblr or not

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:09:10 AM

I think in a country where it is legal, there are only few people who gamble beyond their means because most of the time their gambling is supported by their fsmily and loved ones, who most likely are gambling themselves as well. I agree that the culture in where you're at affects greatly whether you'll be ashamed to gamblr or not
Even if it's legal I don't think majority will get support from their love ones, the law of the state and the law of God is different and they are separate by nature, if one will gamble and it's legal it will just give him the opportunity to enjoy or probably get addicted in the long run. We do not know what will happen really because the outcome depends on us solely, if we are discipline we will enjoy gambling and if not it will ruin our life.

chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:39:40 AM

Even if it's legal I don't think majority will get support from their love ones, the law of the state and the law of God is different and they are separate by nature, if one will gamble and it's legal it will just give him the opportunity to enjoy or probably get addicted in the long run. We do not know what will happen really because the outcome depends on us solely, if we are discipline we will enjoy gambling and if not it will ruin our life.
Feeling ashamed is depends on person nature and religion. In some country according to their religion gambling is wrong and who will play gambling they will treat them as bad people. So they feel bad if anyone knows that they are in gambling activity. In some countries it is common they treat gambling is a fun game. So they will not care for others feeling.
pinggoki

Activity: 1470
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:22:06 AM

It depends.
If you can understand that you are addicted to gambling then you should be ashamed. Most of the addiction has many negative reaction, that's why whatever you do, you need to control over every site. I don't feel ashamed of gambling Because I'm not addicted to it.
We have the same thought. It depends... You should be ashamed if you are always playing gambling and we all know being addicted in one thing is bad. But if you are just using gambling as time killer and you can control yourself nothing to be ashamed for. However in some countries gambling is not allowed so you better to stay away from gambling.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 11:17:31 AM

Each person has a different mentality where he has his own choice to choose how his lifestyle is going to be. Some looks for easy and some people struggle with making money. People who choose and will not feel any shy by being a gambler because they won't bother other. Because they are addicted to gambling and they won't feel any shameful for choosing it.
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 12:00:31 PM

Each person has a different mentality where he has his own choice to choose how his lifestyle is going to be. Some looks for easy and some people struggle with making money. People who choose and will not feel any shy by being a gambler because they won't bother other. Because they are addicted to gambling and they won't feel any shameful for choosing it.

Gambling is a private thing and not to be published to others, so there's no shame in this case, if we're ashamed of others and you seem to have no other job, just explain that we're involved in online investment and other business project. If you are ashamed of yourself then have to think again about passion and comfort in making money, this will help you solve this problem.
lienfaye

Activity: 2912
Merit: 629

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:49:55 PM

You have a point, as long as you dont bother anyone else or you are not begging money to anyone i think there is nothing to be ashamed of. but if you ruin your life and your relationship towards your family because of it then thats the time you should be ashame. that means you give gambling importance more than the people that is dear to you.

Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:59:40 PM

You have a point, as long as you dont bother anyone else or you are not begging money to anyone i think there is nothing to be ashamed of. but if you ruin your life and your relationship towards your family because of it then thats the time you should be ashame. that means you give gambling importance more than the people that is dear to you.

If you are a gambling, everyone will be bothered especially you're family, you can't say that they won't be bothered because you don't ask them for yor gambling money, but because you might be addicted to gambling and may ruin your life, spend all your money, ashamed of what you have done, but you will not be the only one ashamed of gambling, it will also affect your mother or wife, but also your childs.
ether19

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

BTC. ETC. EOS

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 02:18:31 PM

I don't feel shameful. I think it is people who gamble everything without having a back up plan and then losing all their savings will be feeling disgusted. Gamble only with money you can afford to lose and you will do okay.
ClaraLuV

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 03:14:50 PM

There is really no easy method to make money as everything is a struggle in real life,the problem comes when you are gambling away money which is meant for other things and it is not a big sin and you have the choice on what you do with the money earned and so there is nothing to be ashamed .

Gunawan82

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 05:44:02 PM

For some people gambling may be considered embarrassing, but seen from the glasses where we judge that the gamble is embarrassing, I think it is not embarrassing if not harm others Grin
Kimi80

Activity: 750
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 09:55:48 PM

I do gamble for fun and with bank roll that is predicted to gambling. There is no space to be embarrassed or shamed. It is not addiction; I don't loan and get into debt, so it's totally unharmful.
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 11:50:55 PM

I'm still not reaching the point where I'm being shameful as a gambler. I gamble just for fun and excitement and hoping that this is my lucky day. But I think one day if immgoing to be shameful on myself in gambling, it will be when I forgot the important things in my life and gambling is my number one priority and sacrifice all of the things that I've founded just to have something to bet. There's nothing more shameful for me when I lose my love ones just because of gambling.
It would really be a shameful thing where comes to a point on which theres nothing left on you specially your loved ones and for me i wont really let this thing would happen to me and same as yours i dont feel shameful as of now becuase i dont compromise anything that is important and i would really maintain on this way.

True. But it's good that I'm still not reaching that point. I mean is I only gamble what I can afford to lose. Imaging your own son and daughter suffering because they don't have something to eat because you are gambling everyday and not thinking if you can sustain the needs of the family that is hoping for your support. Gambling is not that bad when you know the limitations of money to affordability, affordability to family. It's a shame when you choose your gambling addition than to your own love ones. No matter the angle it is still a shame.

bajing
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

The most Professional Cryptocurrency Casino

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:36:06 AM

I think not if what you mean is that gambling is prohibited in your country, many people live in a country where gambling is banned but they still dare to talk openly about gambling. Feel ashamed or not for being a gambler is only within ourselves.

FORTUNEJACK.COM[

9 BTC WELCOME PACK FOR 1ST 5 DEPOSITS
FREE 1,000 mBTC daily for LuckyJack winners
[

]
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 03:14:04 AM

I think not if what you mean is that gambling is prohibited in your country, many people live in a country where gambling is banned but they still dare to talk openly about gambling. Feel ashamed or not for being a gambler is only within ourselves.
Its really within ourselves if we do feel on that way on getting ashamed on playing gambling. I think its not really shame to play gambling because its our money to spend on and as long we do know the risk on playing it then people dont really care at all on how we gonna spend money the shameful thing is when we do already experiencing bankruptcy and do mainly affect our life on financial state and lots of people are witnessing about your situation then thats considered as a shameful thing.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: