Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:09:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 [1036] 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381801 times)
bigbitmine

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Big Bit Mine

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:31:09 PM

Yep, that should solve that.  Good to see there's still life out there is Slushland

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mike0029

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 09:04:10 PM

I still don't fully understand mining, so pardon my ignorance if this has been answered or addressed already, or if this is in the wrong thread. Thanks for any insight into the issue. I use Slush pool as my primary BTC mining pool, and I currently run 2 underclocked Antminer S1's on the pool at 130 GH/s. As far as I know, Slush pool DOES NOT merge mine any alt coin of sorts, so this is where my problem arises... I know that the Bitcoin network difficulty is at 47427554950 and I would need a "BestShare" greater than that number to find a block. One of my Antminer S1's report a "FoundBlock" and this isn't the first time this has happened at Slush pool for me, however my "BestShare" is only 66,379,851... My main questions are: Why does this happen? Does Slush actually merge mine and just not tell the users? Is my Antminer S1 just being glitchy? Does the "1" under "Stale" explain this? I did a little bit of research and the only altcoin that I found that can be merge mined with BTC AND has a difficulty below 66,379,851 is i0coin... Did my miner find an i0coin block, because it is possible to "merge mine" with Bitcoin? Here is an image for reference:

http://s21.postimg.org/9rdz8c737/Found_Block.jpg

Thanks again for any help!
~Mike

Looking at your image, you may have slush as your main pool, but your S1 has also been mining elsewhere during the session it reports a block as having been found (i.e your second pool). If indeed one of your secondary pools is an altcoin one, then that is where you found the block (as clearly your best share is not big enough to be a BTC block).
Additionally, I do not believe that a stale share can also be flaged as a found block, so that is that with that.

Thanks for the quick reply! I could see it being my third pool at ispace.co.uk, however that one has a "LSTime" (LastShareTime?) of Never, and the second one is just my Slush info again (I have it twice in the miner in case I change the primary pool, I can just copy and paste Slush info back into primary pool since it has been reliable for me)... Image again, showing the pool URLs:

http://s9.postimg.org/din8abd23/Found_Block.jpg
bigbitmine

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Big Bit Mine

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 09:08:56 PM

Don't hide your worker details. Promote them!  If someone uses them all they're doing is mining for you.

Everyone should mine on Slush using worker bigbitmine.donate

Every little helps!

pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 09:09:39 PM

Looking at your image, you may have slush as your main pool, but your S1 has also been mining elsewhere during the session it reports a block as having been found (i.e your second pool). If indeed one of your secondary pools is an altcoin one, then that is where you found the block (as clearly your best share is not big enough to be a BTC block).
Additionally, I do not believe that a stale share can also be flaged as a found block, so that is that with that.

Thanks for the quick reply! I could see it being my third pool at ispace.co.uk, however that one has a "LSTime" (LastShareTime?) of Never, and the second one is just my Slush info again (I have it twice in the miner in case I change the primary pool, I can just copy and paste Slush info back into primary pool since it has been reliable for me)... Image again, showing the pool URLs:

Well, well ..... hello there!

Mike0029

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 09:31:17 PM

Don't hide your worker details. Promote them!  If someone uses them all they're doing is mining for you.

Every little helps!

Gotcha! I just blotched everything out, because that's what I have seen others do on these forums when they post pictures of their Antminer GUI... Here it is again, with my worker details, as you can see pool #1 and #2 are exactly the same...

http://s23.postimg.org/ruyc74m1j/Found_Block.jpg

So, yeah, I have no idea what is going on... then again I don't know if "LSTime" means "LastShareTime"... that was just a guess...

~Mike0029
pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 09:41:21 PM

Don't hide your worker details. Promote them!  If someone uses them all they're doing is mining for you.

Every little helps!

Gotcha! I just blotched everything out, because that's what I have seen others do on these forums when they post pictures of their Antminer GUI... Here it is again, with my worker details, as you can see pool #1 and #2 are exactly the same...

So, yeah, I have no idea what is going on... then again I don't know if "LSTime" means "LastShareTime"... that was just a guess...

~Mike0029

I think you suspected right in the first instance. The "block" share was found on slush ..... but it was stale, i.e submitted after the work was timed-out (or after someone else had already submitted the same share)!

On the stale share being logged as a found block, I believe that is a bug in cgminer (or it may indeed be by design!), but the best place to ask that question would be in the cgminer thread. I say it may be a bug because despite clearly not being logged as your best share (and is definitely higher in size than your best share), it has been marked (and logged) as a found block, despite it being stale. So yeah, head over to ckolivas' thread and throw that his way ....

edit: Very strange as you seem to have good connectivity to the pool, aka only 1 stale share in 2 days + ...... very strange indeed that it had to be the found block that turned out to be timed-out!

Mike0029

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:10:33 PM

Every little helps!

http://s23.postimg.org/ruyc74m1j/Found_Block.jpg

~Mike0029

I think you suspected right in the first instance. The "block" share was found on slush ..... but it was stale, i.e submitted after the work was timed-out (or after someone else had already submitted the same share)!

On the stale share being logged as a found block, I believe that is a bug in cgminer (or it may indeed be by design!), but the best place to ask that question would be in the cgminer thread. I say it may be a bug because despite clearly not being logged as your best share (and is definitely higher in size than your best share), it has been marked (and logged) as a found block, despite it being stale. So yeah, head over to ckolivas' thread and throw that his way ....

edit: Very strange as you seem to have good connectivity to the pool, aka only 1 stale share in 2 days + ...... very strange indeed that it had to be the found block that turned out to be timed-out!

Ironically this isn't the first time that one of my Ant's has shown "FoundBlock" on Slush' pool... I have only encountered this problem on that (Bitcoin) pool too... As you can tell by only being on for about 3 days, I turn my miner off every once in awhile (due to the outdated efficiency of Ant S1).... One time one of them had 2 FoundBlocks! I do believe it is a glitch though, because the "BestShare" has never been more than the Bitcoin network difficulty... Will head over to that thread and ask over there, thanks for the answers!
SargeR33

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 11:24:49 PM

The most blocks one of my S3 miners has found was about 6. I think something sets it off, I don't think it is always true.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4452
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 12:36:36 AM

In cgminer, there is a specific path and process of work from the pool to cgminer, to the device, back to cgminer and back to the pool again.
Bitmain messes with that process.
My first release I did of their S1 driver, I spent time fixing that process.
They ignored the changes.

So the simplest answer is to point out that what the Bitmain antminers show with their versions may not always be correct .......... on all their miners.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Mike0029

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:13:14 PM

In cgminer, there is a specific path and process of work from the pool to cgminer, to the device, back to cgminer and back to the pool again.

So the simplest answer is to point out that what the Bitmain antminers show with their versions may not always be correct .......... on all their miners.

Thanks for the answer! Bitmain really ignored it? They have really been letting me down lately with all their sites being down due to DDoS, and now this, but that's life! My main reason for asking about it in the first place is because I was debating on trying solo mining, now I know it was a BUG (like an ANT  Wink ) and solo mining would pretty much be pointless for me.

~Mike
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 06:44:45 PM

Thanks for the answer! Bitmain really ignored it? They have really been letting me down lately with all their sites being down due to DDoS, and now this, but that's life! My main reason for asking about it in the first place is because I was debating on trying solo mining, now I know it was a BUG (like an ANT  Wink ) and solo mining would pretty much be pointless for me.

~Mike

Bitmain messes up a lot of things. Every version of S3 firmware introduces some new problem. They are very sloppy in writing firmware and seem to not test it very well either.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
SargeR33

Activity: 112

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 06:51:06 AM

~Mike

Bitmain messes up a lot of things. Every version of S3 firmware introduces some new problem. They are very sloppy in writing firmware and seem to not test it very well either.

I will have to agree, there is no consistency. It took me some time to find a stable firmware. Updating firmwares are always risky with any device, the less you do it, the better. I had to do this more than I would have liked.

jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 10:34:51 AM

~Mike

I will have to agree, there is no consistency. It took me some time to find a stable firmware. Updating firmwares are always risky with any device, the less you do it, the better. I had to do this more than I would have liked.

I recently sold my S3 but I stuck with the October 23rd firmware it came with. Could not hard reset but never had a need to. This seems to be the best firmware absent the reset button issue.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
jeffy1021

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 06:04:43 AM

New miner here, Slush is definitely on a roll now! 

I'm sure it all evens out in the end for the most part though, but it's fun watching all of these blocks being found in such short order
kkurtmann

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 03:40:17 PM

I'm sure it all evens out in the end for the most part though, but it's fun watching all of these blocks being found in such short order

You are one of the most informed newbies I have seen on here in years.

https://www.buytrezor.com?a=55c37b866c11   well sir, I like it!
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 05:36:06 PM

He must be from the Midwest  Cheesy
jeffy1021

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 05:45:48 PM

He must be from the Midwest  Cheesy

Haha I can't tell if you guys are sarcastic or serious, hopefully the latter.  But I am definitely liking Slush's new website and all of the data it has compared to a few other pools I looked at.
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:16:53 PM

Haha I can't tell if you guys are sarcastic or serious, hopefully the latter.  But I am definitely liking Slush's new website and all of the data it has compared to a few other pools I looked at.

LOL...well I live in the Midwest.  Cheesy
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 10:06:18 PM

Looks like someone added some horsepower.  Share size reduced.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
kkurtmann

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 11:03:12 PM

I was serious.

https://www.buytrezor.com?a=55c37b866c11   well sir, I like it!
Pages: « 1 ... 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 [1036] 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: