Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:23:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qt Bitcoin Trader [Open Source secure trading client for Mac/Windows/Linux]  (Read 383271 times)
trdiablo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:01:30 AM

The problem with the certificate is fixed, but i think there may be still issues with Bitstamp, it shows me a error message saying my key and secret are not correct, i double checked and allowed the correct permissions for the api access, also followed the troubleshooting list. Currently i use Google athenticator, may that be the problem?

I tried accessing to mtgox and it works fine.

Windows (x64)

I had the same "issue". After you create the API on Bitstamp you need to do additional steps to be able to use it.
After creating the API go back to API menu and click on Activate. An e-mail will be sent to you.
After you click on the link in the e-mail the API will be activated and it will then work with IGHOR's program.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
trdiablo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:04:47 AM

My only issue with the latest BETA (1.07.91) is that the sound alerts do not work anymore. I don't hear any BEEPs while the program does flash when hitting a new high or low. Maybe just on my PC.
RG

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:17:02 AM

The problem with the certificate is fixed, but i think there may be still issues with Bitstamp, it shows me a error message saying my key and secret are not correct, i double checked and allowed the correct permissions for the api access, also followed the troubleshooting list. Currently i use Google athenticator, may that be the problem?

I tried accessing to mtgox and it works fine.

Windows (x64)

I had the same "issue". After you create the API on Bitstamp you need to do additional steps to be able to use it.
After creating the API go back to API menu and click on Activate. An e-mail will be sent to you.
After you click on the link in the e-mail the API will be activated and it will then work with IGHOR's program.

Thanks, that wasn't the problem, it was a technical issue, IGHOR is already aware.

On the other hand, i'm rarely able to place an open order, most of the time the "SELL" or "BUY" order doesn't get to bitstamp. Is anyone having the same issue? i normally click on the Sell order button, it asks me if i'm sure to sell, and then nothing happens even if i wait for a while.

Suggestion:
When configuring a rule, when trying to buy bitcoins, it would be better if we could select how many money we want to exchange into bitcoins instead of how many bitcoins we want to buy, because we always know how many money we have but not always know how many bitcoins we can buy.
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1035
Merit: 1065

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 10:28:56 AM

My only issue with the latest BETA (1.07.91) is that the sound alerts do not work anymore. I don't hear any BEEPs while the program does flash when hitting a new high or low. Maybe just on my PC.

This is a small bug. Already fixed in v1.07.92. Soon I'll publish it.

When configuring a rule, when trying to buy bitcoins, it would be better if we could select how many money we want to exchange into bitcoins instead of how many bitcoins we want to buy, because we always know how many money we have but not always know how many bitcoins we can buy.

It would be great to be able use select how many money we can to exchange.. But exchanges API does not supports this.
There are one situation when calculated Buy value of BTC is higher then available to buy. I'm still fixing this.
Please make sure is this happens for Sell or for Buy and let me know.

Qt Bitcoin Trader
Verify digital signature of the app in the file properties every time you download it.
8fold

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:43:33 AM

There are one situation when calculated Buy value of BTC is higher then available to buy. I'm still fixing this.

Yes, it happens to me on Stamp in the case of me already having multiple Bid orders in place. Let's say I have 3 existing bids, and $100 remaining in my account. In that case, the All In button puts a value that is higher than the available to buy. So to "fix" this, I have to manually edit the value to a few dollars lower so the Bid is accepted by Stamp's API. Unfortunately I have no dollars on Stamp to test this at the moment, but this happened a few times so I can confirm.

Also, another bug that is when you place an order and it appears as you placed it 2 times, with a few seconds difference betweeen requests. If you check the Open orders on Stamp's website, you see there is only one order opened. If you restart Qt Bitcoin Trader, then it reloads the Open Orders correctly. However, it does not fix that in real time. I have only tested this on Stamp.

Bitrated user: 8fold.
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 10:49:55 AM

Yes, it happens to me on Stamp in the case of me already having multiple Bid orders in place. Let's say I have 3 existing bids, and $100 remaining in my account. In that case, the All In button puts a value that is higher than the available to buy. So to "fix" this, I have to manually edit the value to a few dollars lower so the Bid is accepted by Stamp's API. Unfortunately I have no dollars on Stamp to test this at the moment, but this happened a few times so I can confirm.
I'll fix this, but I need to test it with different amounts. So I'll make some updates and ask you to test it.

Also, another bug that is when you place an order and it appears as you placed it 2 times, with a few seconds difference betweeen requests. If you check the Open orders on Stamp's website, you see there is only one order opened. If you restart Qt Bitcoin Trader, then it reloads the Open Orders correctly. However, it does not fix that in real time.

Thank you for description. How often it happens?

Qt Bitcoin Trader
Verify digital signature of the app in the file properties every time you download it.
8fold

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:16:30 AM

I'll fix this, but I need to test it with different amounts. So I'll make some updates and ask you to test it.

Ok, I'll test.

Also, another bug that is when you place an order and it appears as you placed it 2 times, with a few seconds difference betweeen requests. If you check the Open orders on Stamp's website, you see there is only one order opened. If you restart Qt Bitcoin Trader, then it reloads the Open Orders correctly. However, it does not fix that in real time.

Not always. I will look for this and try to asses and give back more feedback in the next days.

8fold

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:35:21 AM

Tested again. Now it seems to appear one out of 4-5 times... Hard to reproduce, it has variance. Now it appears almost every time, now it doesn't. I think Stamp's API is unreliable as well...

ALSO. There are times (again... one out of every 4-5 times) when I put an order and it does not reach Stamp... The order is ok value-wise (smaller, with enough money available), because after one or two attempts it is working... Just testing it now, and it's unreliable.

So, please test it right now. Put some orders (for me, selling orders won't work every time), see the debug info...

EDIT: Your software might work, it may just be Stamp's unreliable API. But it's up to you to figure that out.

Thanks again for the good work!

IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 11:41:54 AM

Tested again. Now it seems to appear one out of 4-5 times... Hard to reproduce, it has variance. Now it appears almost every time, now it doesn't. I think Stamp's API is unreliable as well...

ALSO. There are times (again... one out of every 4-5 times) when I put an order and it does not reach Stamp... The order is ok value-wise (smaller, with enough money available), because after one or two attempts it is working... Just testing it now, and it's unreliable.

So, please test it right now. Put some orders (for me, selling orders won't work every time), see the debug info...

EDIT: Your software might work, it may just be Stamp's unreliable API. But it's up to you to figure that out.

Thanks again for the good work!

Bitstamp have match slower API then Mt.Gox.
Are you sure order is not reach bitstamp first time? Can you try wait 10-30 seconds and report is it apears?

Qt Bitcoin Trader
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 11:56:22 AM

Also, another bug that is when you place an order and it appears as you placed it 2 times

Just reproduced this bug. Fixing.

Qt Bitcoin Trader
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 12:14:52 PM

Also, another bug that is when you place an order and it appears as you placed it 2 times, with a few seconds difference betweeen requests.

This is bitstamp bug. Order received from API with same order id, but next request received with different date time.
I'll make exception and fix it.
Reported it to Bitstamp support.

Qt Bitcoin Trader
mpr20rt

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:19:04 PM

BTC China Trade API v1.1 is released.. http://btcchina.org/api-trade-documentation-en#trade_api_v11

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash."  -  Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 03:20:34 PM

Thank you!

Qt Bitcoin Trader
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 10:51:40 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2013, 11:30:51 PM by IGHOR

v1.07.92 Beta Released!

Fixed trades history currency sign bug.
Fixed All In bug, when order was not opened.
Added Debug mode (Press Ctrl+Shift+D to see log and traffic).
Fixed depth swap button.
A lot of bugs fixed.
Added last 10 min trades bids volume percent indicator.
Interface and performance optimizations.
Added BTC China API v1.1 support.
Added hotkeys Ctrl+B (Buy) Ctrl+S (Sell) Ctrl+H (Hide) Ctrl+T (On top) Ctrl+N (New window)
Improved stability and performance.
Fixed Mac OS performance issues.

Qt Bitcoin Trader
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 10:52:33 PM

Ok, I'll test.

Now please test it Smiley

Qt Bitcoin Trader
RG

Activity: 151

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:03:12 PM

I already test it, i still can't get to post a open order : P it just does nothing after i click accept on the the "are you sure?" message.
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 11:06:41 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2013, 11:30:41 PM by IGHOR

I already test it, i still can't get to post a open order : P it just does nothing after i click accept on the the "are you sure?" message.

on v1.07.92 press Ctrl+Shift+D or ALT+Shift+D. Debug window will open.
Then press Buy button. On debug window will be displayed test, copy it and send to my email.

Qt Bitcoin Trader
nullspot

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:23:30 AM

first time using mac v1.07.92 beta-

open software, starts with api and secret fields , passwords for profile - I fill everything out (for BTC-e) and hit ok.

Then I'm taken back to the "Data Password Protection" screen, only profile showing is Default Profile (though I gave mine a name). When password is entered, takes me back to same api key and secret page, but with all fields empty again. Done this 3 times in a row. Fill all fields, hit ok, but can't get anywhere....

Would seem nothing is being saved?
8fold

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:18:23 AM

Still not fixing the problem, but this time I have the debugger, which should help.

Ok, so, starting with this screenshot:

You can see the initial testing amount. $9.89 total. Press All In, it bids all at $100 per coin. After taking the 0.2% commission, it bids for an effective of $9.87.
All good so far.

Going forward. See this next screenshot:

Suppose I now make a bid for only $5 at $100 per coin. It takes it, and after the 0.2% commision, it bids for an effective $4.98 (or 0.0498 BTC) as seen in the picture.

Now comes the problem/issue.
I should be left with $9.89 - $4.98 = $4.91, just as Qt Bitcoin Trader thinks. However, even if the page at https://www.bitstamp.net/account/orders/ shows an existing order valued at $4.98, if I go to https://www.bitstamp.net/account/balance/ I see the following:
"USD in open orders:$4.99
Total USD amount:$4.90"

So this is why when I put another bid, using the All In button that calculates $4.91 remaining, i get the following message:
"API Error: You need $4.91 to open that order. You have only $4.9 available. Check your account balance for details. ReqType:306"

Editing that into $4.90 works.

I have also tested this with other amounts, values, and seems all you have to do to fix this is substract once cent for every existing open bid from the total remaining balance. For instance, with 4 opened bids, Qt Bitcoin Trader thinks I have 4 cents ($0.04) more in my remaining account that I actually have, according to Bitstamp.

I hope this helps.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:18:34 AM

v1.07.92 Beta Released!

Added last 10 min trades bids volume percent indicator.

What does the percentage represent?
 (Nice work on the recent upgrades!)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: