Bitcoin Forum
October 19, 2017, 06:59:52 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qt Bitcoin Trader [Open Source secure trading client for Mac/Windows/Linux]  (Read 348563 times)
IGHOR

Activity: 899

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 03:15:49 PM

What about adding US exchanges like coin.mx and a few others?

I'll contact them one by one.

What BitFinex Error is:

"Nonce is too small"  ?

Thanks

This mean that you used same API keys in other apps, or you trying to run two instances with same API keys.
You should re-create API keys and use it only in one program.

Qt Bitcoin Trader, JL Script
Centrabit AG | Check out digital signature of every app you have download and use only official download sources.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JasperDX7

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:43:58 PM

Hi everyone!

As I have written before, I have several developments for Qt Bitcoin Trader in the pipeline. This summer, several powerful features will be added. This, however, will cost time and money. Therefore I have decided to commercialize the application in the following way.

•   The exchanges which receive new customers and trading traffic from the application will have to pay, if they wish that their exchange shall be featured in the enhanced application.
•   I will continue development and commercialization of the application within a datacom company where I am a part owner, Centrabit AG, with CHF 200 000 share capital. This will give me the resources to speed up the development and combine the application with other services within Centrabit, which will make Qt Bitcoin Trader better for users and exchanges.
During March 2014 I will contact selected exchanges in order to check the interest for being featured within the enhanced Qt Bitcoin Trader.

I thank all users who have donated bitcoin during the last ten months, (total 7 BTC). You have helped me make this application possible. From now on I do not need any more donations.

For the avoidance of doubt:

•   Qt Bitcoin Trader remains open-source.
•   Security and privacy remain top priority.

http://qtopentrader.com/?Section=News

I have doubts that exchanges are going to pay you to have their exchange added to the bot. Most expect it the other way around. I think if this doesn't work out, a better method would be to implement a separate auto trade fee so that any successful trade that happens (buy or sell) would include a small 0.1%-0.5% fee added to whatever the exchanges fee is. So in other words when the trade successfully goes through (the open order is closed), the exchange gets it's fee as usual and the bot also sends a separate 0.1%-0.5% to your btc address. I think this would please everyone and here's why:
1) The bot would remain free.
2) All exchanges could be included (eventually)
3) The more people using and making trades with the bot the more money you and your company would make.
4) The users don't have to deal with switching between "supported exchanges" and "unsupported exchanges".
5) It all happens in the backend and would be auto calculated within the rule set so the user still makes a profit.

just my 2 cents. I know I'd personally stop using the bot if BTCe was no longer supported mainly because I don't want to move my btc around again.
Loozik

Activity: 378

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:54:24 PM

I have doubts that exchanges are going to pay you to have their exchange added to the bot.

Let's wait and see. If Ighor enriches his app with charting, then his product would for sure be of interest to exchanges.

Bucketshops are paying hundreds of thousands of dollar to get Metatrader as a front-end for their clients (and partially a back-end for themselves). Why wouldn't bitcoin exchanges pay for having a decent front-end for their clients?

As far as I know there is currently one application, rtbtc, that has charts and order execution - the end user pays 20 bucks a month (rtbtc charts are very basic and low-quality).

Ighor follows a different business model in which the exchange pays for the front-end. In my opinion Ighor's product has potential (quality-wise, if charts are added) to kill rtbtc.
JasperDX7

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:03:39 PM

I have doubts that exchanges are going to pay you to have their exchange added to the bot.

Let's wait and see. If Ighor enriches his app with charting, then his product would for sure be of interest to exchanges.

Bucketshops are paying hundreds of thousands of dollar to get Metatrader as a front-end for their clients (and partially a back-end for themselves). Why wouldn't bitcoin exchanges pay for having a decent front-end for their clients?

As far as I know there is currently one application, rtbtc, that has charts and order execution - the end user pays 20 bucks a month (rtbtc charts are very basic and low-quality).

Ighor follows a different business model in which the exchange pays for the front-end. In my opinion Ighor's product has potential (quality-wise, if charts are added) to kill rtbtc.

I'm not saying his product is of poor quality. I'm just pointing out that the owners of most exchanges are already getting large amounts of users who are already using bots that connect to their exchanges for free. So there's no real incentive for those exchange owners to pay to have a bot work on their exchange.

I suspect maybe two or three small exchanges will pay or make some kind of deal in order to get more traffic but larger exchanges like BTCe...not so sure.

I'll be interesting to see but I'll support whatever Ighor chooses to do as long as the bot stays free.
SomeRandomDude

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:21:53 PM

Does this basicly mean we as regular users can't no more use it without paying for it?
Loozik

Activity: 378

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:38:12 PM

It is good to have relationships with exchanges, not only for Ighor but also for users of his application.

Exchanges will notify Ighor ahead of time about changes to their api, so when the change is live, Ighor will have changes to his application already made and bugs fixed, and we won't need to wait.

Besides, he worked hard, he needs to start earning money  Smiley
IGHOR

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 12:19:31 AM

Answers for everyone that application remains free.
I'll do the best to make it better for users and exchanges.
Keep tracking updates.

Centrabit AG | Check out digital signature of every app you have download and use only official download sources.
SomeRandomDude

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:29:16 AM

Sure, making money is okay. It's a nice application too. Smiley Still beta, but hey.
If he manages to generate some income with exchanges that pay him, he might have the happiest users ever. Because the application remains free for every user. (Like he said above.)
Which would be great.

I _really_ hope HFQ doesn't come into this game too early.
JasperDX7

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:03:04 PM

Keep tracking updates.

Can we have an update with customizable rule sets so we can write our own (ie. "If %SOMEVALUE% goes 5% less than %ANOTHERVALUE% than do ..") before you release this version that requires exchanges to pay up? It would be greatly appreciated!
IGHOR

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:26:41 PM

Keep tracking updates.

Can we have an update with customizable rule sets so we can write our own (ie. "If %SOMEVALUE% goes 5% less than %ANOTHERVALUE% than do ..") before you release this version that requires exchanges to pay up? It would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, you will receive this update.

ldipenti

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:06:43 PM

Hi IGHOR, I have a bug to report to you.

I was using the QT Trader with BTC-e and the buy/sell lower limit was 0.01 BTC, and that was OK because it is the actual exchange limit, but now I started to use it with Bitstamp and that limit is still enforced, although I can buy and sell smaller quantities via their website, so I think that I have found a bug.

Greetings and thanks for all your work!
IGHOR

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 11:07:56 PM

Hi IGHOR, I have a bug to report to you.

I was using the QT Trader with BTC-e and the buy/sell lower limit was 0.01 BTC, and that was OK because it is the actual exchange limit, but now I started to use it with Bitstamp and that limit is still enforced, although I can buy and sell smaller quantities via their website, so I think that I have found a bug.

Greetings and thanks for all your work!

Thanks, can you tell what is the minimum ammount for Bitstamp?
I'll fix it.

ldipenti

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 12:19:57 AM

I don't think there is a minimum amount, as I couldn find that on the FAQs. I've been able to buy/sell 0.003 btc without problems.
IGHOR

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 12:22:47 AM

I don't think there is a minimum amount, as I couldn find that on the FAQs. I've been able to buy/sell 0.003 btc without problems.

0.001 works?

ldipenti

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 12:33:01 AM

It seems that the minimum order is 1 USD Smiley
griffga

Activity: 76

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:25:10 PM

Hi all,

I love QTBitcoin Trader, but recently switched to Bitfinex for trading. I've selected the LTC/USD trading currency pair, but seem to be unable to use QTBitcoin trader to perform short sells. Is there a way to do this? If I try to sell, the program just thinks I don't have any coins to sell and it doesn't work like on the website. Thanks in advance!
magarto

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:24:53 PM

New UK Trader: Coinfloor.
Here is the api: https://coinfloor.co.uk/api
piercing-huber

Activity: 87

WtF

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:12:02 AM

Hi IGHOR,

I try to install QTBT on my Raspberry but it seems to work anymore...
For a about 1 month it worked without any problems.
I can install the following packets without any errors: g++ qt4-qmake libqt4-dev qtmobility-dev libssl-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libqt4-opengl-dev
When I exec the "qmake-qt4 QtBitcoinTrader_Mobility.pro" command it didn´t find the "QtBitcoinTrader_Mobility.pro" file. I searched the file-system but it couldn´t be found.
Any ideas? thanks...
IGHOR

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 12:41:48 PM

Hi IGHOR,

I try to install QTBT on my Raspberry but it seems to work anymore...
For a about 1 month it worked without any problems.
I can install the following packets without any errors: g++ qt4-qmake libqt4-dev qtmobility-dev libssl-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libqt4-opengl-dev
When I exec the "qmake-qt4 QtBitcoinTrader_Mobility.pro" command it didn´t find the "QtBitcoinTrader_Mobility.pro" file. I searched the file-system but it couldn´t be found.
Any ideas? thanks...

Use branch testing, this file is only there.

IGHOR

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 12:42:28 PM

Hi all,

I love QTBitcoin Trader, but recently switched to Bitfinex for trading. I've selected the LTC/USD trading currency pair, but seem to be unable to use QTBitcoin trader to perform short sells. Is there a way to do this? If I try to sell, the program just thinks I don't have any coins to sell and it doesn't work like on the website. Thanks in advance!

Does this promlem still persist?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.