Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:41:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qt Bitcoin Trader [Open Source secure trading client for Mac/Windows/Linux]  (Read 383268 times)
ldipenti

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:52:43 AM

Hi,

Today I auto upgraded to new version. Configuration osx, mountain lion, bitstamp.

I must confirm a beep bug. It beeps only once per session - same behavior as in previous version. WAVs work fine, so I'm happy.

Not really a bug but: Buy / Sell buttons are disabled if you try to buy/sell less than 0.01 BTC (i have only 0.004 on my test account). When BTC hits 10k, that might be a major culprit. Until then I'm ok. Wink

Great work IGHOR and thank you,

T.

Talking about the 0.01 BTC limit: at least on BTC-e this very limit exist in the web interface (maybe on the API too?)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Galvin

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:30:10 AM

Wheres the sound option for when orders go thru?
sstangle73

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 04:47:55 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 09:05:37 PM by sstangle73

Update bug still present Windows 8.1 64 bit:
Only Code 9 this time, on update v1.07972
Different tries get stuck at different points 0, 2, 4, 7, 9% were ones I saw.

Upon closing and reopening, the auto update made it to 100% but threw code 2 and 9 errors.
JasperDX7

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:57:24 PM

I'm a little confused. Here is what I want to do but I'm not sure how to do it becuse of the way things are worded. I'd like to buy BTC if the market ask price drops .6% and sell BTC if the current value is .6% more than what I bought the BTC for.

If I did something like this would it work?

- If market ask price <0.06%(trailing) buy amount .01 BTC at market ask price
- if my orders Last Buy price > 0.6% (trailing) sell amount .01btc at market bid price.

If this doesn't work then can you explain what I should be using?

This should works, you can test it by adding rule to play specific sound. So you just hear sound and you will know how it works.
Please note, you should add fee to % value to get profit.

So the "my orders last buy price" will be compared to the current asking price? That's the part I'm confused about. So for example if the first rule triggers and I buy in at 655 but then the market drops to 640 but then shoots back up to 655 would it trigger the next rule or would it wait until the price is .6% over my buy in price (655).

How would I factor in the fee? Would I pick the "Plus percent" under the last bot in the rule maker and type in .20% for BTCe?

PS. Thanks for the update. I look forward to the day you add in scripting and indicator support (Delta, EMA..etc)!

bump, IGHOR can you please answer this. I need to know how this statement would be treated "if my orders Last Buy price > 0.6% (trailing) sell amount .01btc at market bid price."
krzynek1

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:47:36 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 04:33:03 PM by krzynek1

Hello IGHOR, for starters I want to thank you for your great trading app, It has helped me may times doing trading.

I have one problem though, today after I updated qt trader, and after using just for few minutes this new release error window has popup which tells me about API keys are wrong etc, but that can't be true because I've always used the same in this program and they worked to this day just fine.

From that moment Bitstamp has banned my IP and I can't even access their website -_-, probably for spamming them with too many requests, this hasn't happened before.

I'm running three instances of trader to check my family's three accounts, and I assume that is the cause, and from what I know, I should change HttpRequestInterval variable to some larger value.

What you think?

edit:

is there a way to acquire older version of qt BT?
Steiny217

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:21:46 PM

Anyone else having issues with getting this to open on Ubuntu???  I've installed the program, I have the Icon in my home, I've restarted the computer but still nothing happens when I click on it...... Any help would be great!!!

epicradness

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 01:10:56 AM

This is pretty awesome! I never knew this kind of app existed.

Call me stupid or ignorant, or whatever. But since i'm new here, i just want to say thanks
to everyone for writing such detailed posts and the dev for working on such a helpful app.

rock on!
Uli123

Activity: 64

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:59:32 AM

Anyone else having issues with getting this to open on Ubuntu???  I've installed the program, I have the Icon in my home, I've restarted the computer but still nothing happens when I click on it...... Any help would be great!!!

Works fine here with 13.10. Only the sound doesnt work properly.
mpr20rt

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:25:28 AM

Works fine here with 13.10. Only the sound doesnt work properly.

Works fine with 13.10. Tried installing NAS for Qsound but it needs /dev/dsp and Ubuntu dropped support for OSS so no sound for us.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash."  -  Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
kalross

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:43:20 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 05:04:16 PM by kalross

Apparently routing audio to padsp is a way to get sound from OSS apps.

eg.  pacat /dev/urandom > padsp

Is there any way of tricking ubuntu to route audio from /dev/dsp to padsp?

padsp QtBitcoinTrader doesn't work.

Great software...just can't test out rules etc... until I can get audio working (Xubuntu 12.10)

Cheers.

K
mpr20rt

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:44:53 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 10:01:50 PM by mpr20rt

Apparently routing audio to padsp is a way to get sound from OSS apps.

eg.  pacat /dev/urandom > padsp

Is there any way of tricking ubuntu to route audio from /dev/dsp to padsp?

padsp QtBitcoinTrader doesn't work.

Great software...just can't test out rules etc... until I can get audio working (Xubuntu 12.10)

Cheers.

K

Thanks for the tip

sudo padsp nasd -local -b

plays wav files for me but "beep" still make just a crackling pop

tried loop:

if market last price threshold $0.10 play wav
      enable all rules

seems that it triggers just once and stops the loop - just shows processing afterwards but:

if market last price threshold %0.01 play wav
     enable all rules

works fine so it must be somthing with $ part..

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash."  -  Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
kalross

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:48:50 AM

Thanks for the tip

sudo padsp nasd -local -b

plays wav files for me but "beep" still make just a crackling pop

tried loop:

enable all rules

seems that it triggers just once and stops the loop - just shows processing afterwards but:

enable all rules

Aaahhh...run nasd through padsp does it.

Great thanks
Askit2

Activity: 981
Merit: 500

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:05:37 PM

Hello,
I am at a loss on the new % feature. It seems like the best idea ever. I can finally make the bot think semi-profitably. I have a rule to buy based on last selling price. I was sure that (if I understand it correctly) if last sell price > 1% should start a trade when ? ? ? ? ? goes about 1% below the last sell price. I had them both ways and greater than seems to buy below.

I have noticed a few things. Not all are terribly helpful mind you. I also have 2 stop loss rules. One setup for larger down trends. One for prolonged up trends. Both use trailing so I want them to wait until the number is opposite of my other strategy. I think anyways.

Why I wonder if its working. I have repeatedly noticed a number well under the price of the last sell or well above the price of the last buy. The bot has done no selling or buying as would be required based on the rules. I have also noticed If I force a sell sometimes down 60$ on a 300$ basis the bot will start trading again. As an example my last sell was at 309, no buys down to 245. I am pretty sure that is more then 1%. Of course I could be actually messing it up and it needs 99%. Unsure on that part as it normally did trade around a 1% range. Possibly some issue is either price is based off last price (MtGOX is not great at sane last prices). Or I have messed up where I want it to trade and it was really sometimes waiting for 309-3.09 I am unsure.

If I might suggest a "feature" unless it already does could you set the bot up to use the value you select in the far right box as its measurement. So say I select Ask price could we compare the last sell against the current ask price? I suppose it could cause some issues though.

Thank You for the great bot. If I ever manage to make money I will donate I promise!

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
b0du1

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:58:05 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 09:26:57 PM by b0du1

Hi

I have problem with downloading speed from Bitstamp. It is 300 kb/s what is 30GB Daily.
Download speed from BTC-e is OK.

Is this normal?

Thanks...

EDIT: I changed API key...now is OK

EDIT2: It was good for some time and it is high again...Huh
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1035
Merit: 1065

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 09:59:52 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 10:17:33 PM by IGHOR

Not really a bug but: Buy / Sell buttons are disabled if you try to buy/sell less than 0.01 BTC (i have only 0.004 on my test account). When BTC hits 10k, that might be a major culprit. Until then I'm ok. Wink

Every exchange have minimum amount to trade limitation. For example btc-e minimum values described here: https://btc-e.com/api/3/info

Wheres the sound option for when orders go thru?

Moved to rules. Now you can create sound notification to any indicator via rules.

Update bug still present Windows 8.1 64 bit:
Only Code 9 this time, on update v1.07972
Different tries get stuck at different points 0, 2, 4, 7, 9% were ones I saw.

Upon closing and reopening, the auto update made it to 100% but threw code 2 and 9 errors.

Working to fix it now.

bump, IGHOR can you please answer this. I need to know how this statement would be treated "if my orders Last Buy price > 0.6% (trailing) sell amount .01btc at market bid price."

Base value saved at same time as rule enabled. So it will be used BASE_VALUE + 0.6%. If trailing enabled and trend goes in another direction, base value is changing.

Hello IGHOR, for starters I want to thank you for your great trading app, It has helped me may times doing trading.

I have one problem though, today after I updated qt trader, and after using just for few minutes this new release error window has popup which tells me about API keys are wrong etc, but that can't be true because I've always used the same in this program and they worked to this day just fine.

From that moment Bitstamp has banned my IP and I can't even access their website -_-, probably for spamming them with too many requests, this hasn't happened before.

I'm running three instances of trader to check my family's three accounts, and I assume that is the cause, and from what I know, I should change HttpRequestInterval variable to some larger value.

What you think?

edit:

is there a way to acquire older version of qt BT?

Of course, this problem caused by three instances. There is minimum interval for bitstamp 600. And your three copies make this interval 200. You should make same interval for all profiles: 600*3=1800 to prevent IP ban.

Also I'm working on two solutions for this situations. I'll make it works even with 100 interval without IP bans. So keep tracking changelog.

Anyone else having issues with getting this to open on Ubuntu???  I've installed the program, I have the Icon in my home, I've restarted the computer but still nothing happens when I click on it...... Any help would be great!!!

You should use QtBitcoinTrader_Mobility.pro instead of Desktop as described in first message of this thread.

tried loop:

enable all rules

enable all rules

Thanks, I'll debug this.

Hi

I have problem with downloading speed from Bitstamp. It is 300 kb/s what is 30GB Daily.
Download speed from BTC-e is OK.

Is this normal?

Thanks...

EDIT: I changed API key...now is OK

Answered one message below.

If I don't answered for someone message, don't worry, I read all and will debug all situations.
Upcoming update will bring rule detailed explanation and templates. You will be able to share your rule groups and load it from file.

Thanks for your bug reports, donations and support!
Have a nice trade!

Qt Bitcoin Trader
Verify digital signature of the app in the file properties every time you download it.
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 10:13:36 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 07:51:22 PM by IGHOR

I want to tell everyone:

Exchanges APIs is not perfect, and many of them have not optimized methods and it cause a lot of traffic.

Reasons that exchanges takes a lot of traffic:

Bitstamp API

Last Trades: can not be limited by last date received, there is only hour and minute. So hour data downloaded every request. So if at last hour happend a lot of transactions, it will takes a lot of traffic.
Order Book: Bitstamp order book can not be limited by count. So every request download all data every time.
Bitstamp Does not allow HTTP gzip compression, so it takes more traffic than other exchanges.

BTC-e API

Last Trades: can not be limited by last date received, they added count limit, but it useles. We need last received date and get only new rows!

Bitfinex

Does not allow HTTP gzip compression, so it takes more traffic than other exchanges.
After every request their server close HTTP connection, it cause big lag often.

Mt.Gox

Order book: can not be limited by count. But this will be not important when I'll release websocket engine.
Mt.Gox Does not allow HTTP gzip compression, so it takes more traffic than other exchanges.

This not optimized methods not only make traffic larger, but it makes exchange works slower.
If you want your favorite exchange works faster, than send report to them for making more optimal methods.
And if I have something missed, or you will get updated info about API, please send to me, and I'll make it better!
Also please note, Order Book requests send only when Order Book tab is visible.
If you want make traffic smaller, than make HttpRequestInterval larger.

My ideal exchange API methods requirements:

Order Book: can set count limit for each asks and bids. So if user will choose small count of depth, it will be not just visual limitation, but received data will be much smaller.
Last Trades: each trade in request result should have timestamp, so we remember last received timestamp and new request will use this value as parameter to prevent receiving already received data.
HTTP gzip compression support: it will cause 5 time lower traffic, and users who have slow internet will receive much faster updates.

Qt Bitcoin Trader
Verify digital signature of the app in the file properties every time you download it.
b0du1

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:52:30 PM

I want to tell everyone:

Exchanges APIs is not perfect, and many of them have not optimized methods and it cause a lot of traffic.

Reasons that exchanges takes a lot of traffic:

Bitstamp API

Last Trades: can not be limited by last date received, there is only hour and minute. So hour data downloaded every request. So if at last hour happend a lot of transactions, it will takes a lot of traffic.
Order Book: Bitstamp order book can not be limited by count. So every request download all data every time.
Bitstamp Does not allow HTTP gzip compression, so it takes more traffic than other exchanges.

BTC-e API

Last Trades: can not be limited by last date received, they added count limit, but it useles. We need last received date and get only new rows!

Bitfinex: Does not allow HTTP gzip compression, so it takes more traffic than other exchanges.

Mt.Gox

Order book: can not be limited by count. But this will be not important when I'll release websocket engine.
Mt.Gox Does not allow HTTP gzip compression, so it takes more traffic than other exchanges.

This not optimized methods not only make traffic larger, but it makes exchange works slower.
If you want your favorite exchange works faster, than send report to them for making more optimal methods.
And if I have something missed, or you will get updated info about API, please send to me, and I'll make it better!
Also please note, Order Book requests send only when Order Book tab is visible.
If you want make traffic smaller, than make HttpRequestInterval larger.

My ideal exchange API methods requirements:

Order Book: can set count for each asks and bids. So if user will chuse small count of depth, it will be not just visual limitation, but received data will be much smaller.
Last Trades: each trade in request result should have timestamp, so we remember last received timestamp and new request will use this value as parameter to prevent receiving already received data.
HTTP gzip compression support: it will cause 5 time lower traffic, and users who have slow internet will receive much faster updates.

Ok, thanks...

I will send link of this conversation to Bitstamp and ask them to do something about it...

xx
JasperDX7

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:02:45 AM

Base value saved at same time as rule enabled. So it will be used BASE_VALUE + 0.6%. If trailing enabled and trend goes in another direction, base value is changing.

I'm still confused.

ok so if I buy at $500 then that means the BASE_VALUE is $500 right? So the above statement (without trailing) just adds 0.6% to $500 which makes it $503. What is it comparing that $503 to though (ask, bid)? The statement seems incomplete. I want to sell or buy when the current (ask/bid) price is 0.6% more or less than my last buy price.

This is how I'd like to see it.

ask = 620
bid = 615

If market bid price > .6% of my orders last buy price (plus exchange fee) sell amount .01BTC at Market bid Price
if 615 > 606+.02%fee sell .01BTC at 615

If market ask price < .6% of my orders last sell price (plus exchange fee) buy amount .01BTC at Market Ask Price
if 620 < 615+.02% buy .01BTC at 620
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 12:04:58 AM

I'm still confused.

ok so if I buy at $500 then that means the BASE_VALUE is $500 right? So the above statement (without trailing) just adds 0.6% to $500 which makes it $503. What is it comparing that $503 to though (ask, bid)? The statement seems incomplete. I want to sell or buy when the current (ask/bid) price is 0.6% more or less than my last buy price.

This is how I'd like to see it.

ask = 620
bid = 615

If market bid price > .6% of my orders last buy price (plus exchange fee) sell amount .01BTC at Market bid Price
if 615 > 606+.02%fee sell .01BTC at 615

If market ask price < .6% of my orders last sell price (plus exchange fee) buy amount .01BTC at Market Ask Price
if 620 < 615+.02% buy .01BTC at 620

Thanks for detailed descriptions.
I see there is a bug at "my orders last buy" indicator.
I'll fix it soon.

Qt Bitcoin Trader
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 04:03:31 AM

Bugfix #3 released

Critical trailing value bugfix
Fixed my last order buy price
Added Templates, Save/Load for rules
Fixed translations

Qt Bitcoin Trader
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: