Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:46:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Cast XMR] high speed XMR/CryptoNight miner for RX Vega GPUs (2 KHash/s)  (Read 206336 times)
SmokinCache

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:59:15 AM

VEGA 56  Which BIOS?

I have been running the 64 BIOS in my 56s since startup before discovering this miner. I could never get either of them over the 1960-70 H/s. That was at 1100MHz. Today I flip the switches to the stock BIOS just to see what it would do. So far it is impressive. The entire system is pulling 20 to 25 less watts and the two 56s are now at the 2000H/s mark. You can look at their rates in my previous post. Here they are now.

https://i.imgur.com/qSWIVNO.png

We will see what the next 12 hrs shows

Wow, that's awesome, I have not tried the stock BIOS. I am running Flashed BIOS for the 64's and am getting about 1900+ per GPU. This is also using the 1100MHz reg settings.

https://i.imgur.com//a/3fCrQ

Forgot to mention the 56s are at 995Mhz now. But it appears one of the 64s isn't liking 1100 anymore. I did use a different power play table this time. I need to compare. Should have been identical except for HBM freq.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohit

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:05:08 AM

VEGA 56  Which BIOS?

I have been running the 64 BIOS in my 56s since startup before discovering this miner. I could never get either of them over the 1960-70 H/s. That was at 1100MHz. Today I flip the switches to the stock BIOS just to see what it would do. So far it is impressive. The entire system is pulling 20 to 25 less watts and the two 56s are now at the 2000H/s mark. You can look at their rates in my previous post. Here they are now.

https://i.imgur.com/qSWIVNO.png

Wow, that's awesome, I have not tried the stock BIOS. I am running Flashed BIOS for the 64's and am getting about 1900+ per GPU. This is also using the 1100MHz reg settings.

https://i.imgur.com//a/3fCrQ

Forgot to mention the 56s are at 995Mhz now. But it appears one of the 64s isn't liking 1100 anymore. I did use a different power play table this time. I need to compare. Should have been identical except for HBM freq.

Still getting used to this forum posting thing... I think I posted my response to you above in the wrong layout.
---> That's interesting, I don't remember if I opened anything on the rig during the process but will note it for next time. Is there any way to add settings to Cast for having it reset/restart itself when it sees a GPU falling below a certain hash speed/threshold or when it determines there is a backlog of shares that have not been submitted? I think it would be helpful to do that. Once I have worked out all the kinks I am going to create a complete walkthrough of how to setup everything using Cast XMR with the Vega cards, and using optimal settings. <---

Which powerplay table did you use, and was that only on the 64 or the 56's as well?
djkice

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:16:54 AM

I had issues getting cards stable, i had to use heaven benchmark on each card to see which settings held on each card.

my stable setting was

64 bios flash
800mem safe bios file
tweak p7  in overdrive tool 1360 gpu / 1100 mem

getting about 1974 per card now at 750w wall(4 cards).

make sure you disable/enable devices before using the miner every time
cryptohit

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:21:30 AM

I had issues getting cards stable, i had to use heaven benchmark on each card to see which settings held on each card.

my stable setting was

64 bios flash
800mem safe bios file

Hmm, when you say stable, were they just not performing or were they giving you BSOD type issues?

My current setup and proces is

64 bios flash
1100 mem file
Have to use wattman to set it to 3500/3600 fan speeds for each card
Then do the disable/enable process for each card
Run Cast XMR

Getting about 1900-1980 per card, at 1700w wall (8 cards)
cryptohit

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:42:36 AM

So I just reran it, and this time the backlog occurred approximately 2 hours after starting the Cast XMR. Once I noticed it I immediately hit the "s" key to see what it does, and it mass posts all the stat lines again. This time, it resumed once it posted everything, and I am guessing it is because the backlog was only a few minutes by the time I caught it in comparison to the last few times which were hours later. (See screenshot), I might be wrong but based on the timing it seems like it happens when the Cast switches to the dev pool for the 1.5% fee. I don't mind the fee, but can dev get involved and help troubleshoot the issue? Am I posting in the wrong place for that?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/9hegt
VegaMiner

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:08:53 AM

I can run 3 V56 (flashed to 64) no problem with Cast XMR at 1900-2000 h/s.  The issue is when I add a 4th card (im using a 1 to 4 way PCIE riser with 1 card in the main GPU slot and 3 on the riser).  No matter how I configure my system,  Whenever I mine with 4 cards, after 15-30 mins I get the hashrate to 0 on GPU2 and the computer blue screens and crashes if i try to close the Cast XMR cmd window.  Anyone else experienced this kind of issue? 
SmokinCache

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:11:55 AM

my stable setting was

64 bios flash
800mem safe bios file

Hmm, when you say stable, were they just not performing or were they giving you BSOD type issues?

64 bios flash
1100 mem file
Run Cast XMR

That current seams high for the 1100 regedit. Although I don't know what your base load is, but it shouldn't be over 150 with a standard mining setup. and then each card should be at or below 150. So 9 X 150 = 1350.

So I just reran it, and this time the backlog occurred approximately 2 hours after starting the Cast XMR. Once I noticed it I immediately hit the "s" key to see what it does, and it mass posts all the stat lines again. This time, it resumed once it posted everything, and I am guessing it is because the backlog was only a few minutes by the time I caught it in comparison to the last few times which were hours later. (See screenshot), I might be wrong but based on the timing it seems like it happens when the Cast switches to the dev pool for the 1.5% fee. I don't mind the fee, but can dev get involved and help troubleshoot the issue? Am I posting in the wrong place for that?

I will let you know if I see the issue again. Not sure how or where to post bug reports. That is what my first post here is and haven't seen any developer replies. You have 8 cards running have you verified that adjustment you make change the values you expect with the miner running? For instance it you lower the freq and change a temp on a GPU in overdriveNTool do those setting correspond to a single GPU in the miner?

Wish the miner had a log file option and a little more verbose on the reports as it is. Such as errors/type per card.

Still getting used to this forum posting thing... I think I posted my response to you above in the wrong layout.
---> That's interesting, I don't remember if I opened anything on the rig during the process but will note it for next time. Is there any way to add settings to Cast for having it reset/restart itself when it sees a GPU falling below a certain hash speed/threshold or when it determines there is a backlog of shares that have not been submitted? I think it would be helpful to do that. Once I have worked out all the kinks I am going to create a complete walkthrough of how to setup everything using Cast XMR with the Vega cards, and using optimal settings. <---

Which powerplay table did you use, and was that only on the 64 or the 56's as well?

I had use the same tables it was the 1050 tables from here https://www.reddit.com/r/MoneroMining/comments/74hjqn/monero_and_vega_the_definitive_guide/

I have just started over and used the 800 and raised the MHz until what appears to be a steady 2k on each card and no more. ends up about 1092 and 1097 for the 64s and 992 for the 56s.

That's interesting, I don't remember if I opened anything on the rig during the process but will note it for next time. Is there any way to add settings to Cast for having it reset/restart itself when it sees a GPU falling below a certain hash speed/threshold or when it determines there is a backlog of shares that have not been submitted? I think it would be helpful to do that. Once I have worked out all the kinks I am going to create a complete walkthrough of how to setup everything using Cast XMR with the Vega cards, and using optimal settings.

It is needed. Allot of piecing together info for this
SmokinCache

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:19:11 AM

I can run 3 V56 (flashed to 64) no problem with Cast XMR at 1900-2000 h/s.  The issue is when I add a 4th card (im using a 1 to 4 way PCIE riser with 1 card in the main GPU slot and 3 on the riser).  No matter how I configure my system,  Whenever I mine with 4 cards, after 15-30 mins I get the hashrate to 0 on GPU2 and the computer blue screens and crashes if i try to close the Cast XMR cmd window.  Anyone else experienced this kind of issue?  

Sounds like the kind of issues I was having with MSI mother boards. I fought 2 different ones before getting an ASUS and all those problems went away.

MSI z270 M5
MSI Z270 KRAIT

Both of which are listed in MSI's blog post as mining capable boards. The M5 was better than the KRAIT. KRAIT would not recognize a third card period. If it did if was jacked up and would not function. I swapped riser, cables, settings nothing helped. Tried WIN10 Ent LTSB because I thought it may have been the recent WIN10 Pro update. Nothing helped

Aggravated and frustrate I just plugged everything into the ASUS and it worked. No installing one riser/card at a time or anything.

Edit: just read your post again. You have one card running on 4x or more (main gnu slot) I would assume depending on motherboard and processor and the other three on 1x. try putting them all on risers. I have read of issues caused by running like you are.
cryptohit

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:58:20 AM

my stable setting was

64 bios flash
800mem safe bios file

64 bios flash
1100 mem file
Run Cast XMR

That current seams high for the 1100 regedit. Although I don't know what your base load is, but it shouldn't be over 150 with a standard mining setup. and then each card should be at or below 150. So 9 X 150 = 1350.

I will let you know if I see the issue again. Not sure how or where to post bug reports. That is what my first post here is and haven't seen any developer replies. You have 8 cards running have you verified that adjustment you make change the values you expect with the miner running? For instance it you lower the freq and change a temp on a GPU in overdriveNTool do those setting correspond to a single GPU in the miner?

Wish the miner had a log file option and a little more verbose on the reports as it is. Such as errors/type per card.

I had use the same tables it was the 1050 tables from here https://www.reddit.com/r/MoneroMining/comments/74hjqn/monero_and_vega_the_definitive_guide/

I have just started over and used the 800 and raised the MHz until what appears to be a steady 2k on each card and no more. ends up about 1092 and 1097 for the 64s and 992 for the 56s.

That's interesting, I don't remember if I opened anything on the rig during the process but will note it for next time. Is there any way to add settings to Cast for having it reset/restart itself when it sees a GPU falling below a certain hash speed/threshold or when it determines there is a backlog of shares that have not been submitted? I think it would be helpful to do that. Once I have worked out all the kinks I am going to create a complete walkthrough of how to setup everything using Cast XMR with the Vega cards, and using optimal settings.

It is needed. Allot of piecing together info for this

The higher wattage could be that I have an i7 7700k also mining on the cpu side for that board. Just idling with 1 card I was at 150w or so. I think I'm at about 175w per card, but spending any more time removing cards to test one card wattage is counter productive to the whole mining thing. I am going to be putting together 2 more rigs with 8 vega 56 each, if the issue continues I will just be switching back to xmr stak, because although it is less "feature" rich, it is definitely more stable and clear in it's processes. When I do my rig video, I will post the differences so people are aware and maybe it helps them while it helps me figure out what the issue is.
R0mi

Activity: 305
Merit: 148

Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:15:17 AM

Thanks! The app should have no limit how many GPU used in parallel, probably more a driver issue.

Currently it is only one GPU per instance. One can select with "--opencl n" the OpenCL plattform to use (Nvidia, AMD, Intel) which number is the correct one is probably experimenting. And with "-G  x" which device to use. There is no programmed limit how many instances one can start,  One  process needs only 100 MB memory when running.

Basic question:  how do you configure this when you have an internal IGPU?  I have a Ryzen build working fine and I don't need the "--opencl x" command for Cast to work.

Now I am working on an Intel build with an internal gpu.  It is causing Cast to crash on startup.  Setting different variations of -G 0,1,2,3 doesn't seem to work because Cast doesn't seem to count the GPUs the same way as device manager or AMD settings.

With an internal gpu, do I have to use the "--opencl x' command?  If not, how do I enumerate so that the internal gpu is skipped over and Cast just works on the attached Vegas?

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
Permonik

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:22:02 AM

Thanks! The app should have no limit how many GPU used in parallel, probably more a driver issue.

Currently it is only one GPU per instance. One can select with "--opencl n" the OpenCL plattform to use (Nvidia, AMD, Intel) which number is the correct one is probably experimenting. And with "-G  x" which device to use. There is no programmed limit how many instances one can start,  One  process needs only 100 MB memory when running.

Basic question:  how do you configure this when you have an internal IGPU?  I have a Ryzen build working fine and I don't need the "--opencl x" command for Cast to work.

Now I am working on an Intel build with an internal gpu.  It is causing Cast to crash on startup.  Setting different variations of -G 0,1,2,3 doesn't seem to work because Cast doesn't seem to count the GPUs the same way as device manager or AMD settings.

With an internal gpu, do I have to use the "--opencl x' command?  If not, how do I enumerate so that the internal gpu is skipped over and Cast just works on the attached Vegas?

Yes, you have to use "--opencl x' command"
nexcore

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:52:23 AM

Looking forward for the Linux miner. Using windows headless is a pia.

I thought missing are blockchain drivers for Linux so it's not worth it?

Used to be true, but no longer. They released it.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDGPU-Pro-Beta-Mining-Driver-for-Linux-Release-Notes.aspx
darkfriend77s

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:13:14 AM

... 8 x VEGA56 rig running with stock bios ...

wattman setting ... is

-5% Core Freq. (voltage control manual yes)
945 Mhz Mem. (voltage control manual yes)
-4% Power Limit

Speed (2600 - 4900) Manual
Temp. (80 - 70)

in avg. each card draws around 220 Watt and performs @ 1925 h/s

how to I achieve the 150W for 1900h/s ?

Had problems when installing the blockchain driver, with more then 1 card installed ... however it gave me an error, but was installed in the end ...
SmokinCache

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:44:32 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2017, 07:54:57 PM by SmokinCache

So after running for the night the number look good running the stock 56 bios. Using 20 or so watts less and getting ~60h/s more on the system. The GPU compute errors are gone and GPU0 gave 3 of them. The pool rejections I looked at were all block expired errors. It is up to 96% accepted now as before it was never over 95%.

Going to let it run as is for now.

I wonder if anyone has tried to run a 56 BIOS in a 64? I wonder if the 64s would do more work with less watts as I have seen in the 56s. May try it this weekend and find out.

Nanopool avgs
https://i.imgur.com/1cGWnWJ.png

Cast status
https://i.imgur.com/dNPz3AI.png

... 8 x VEGA56 rig running with stock bios ...

wattman setting ... is

-5% Core Freq. (voltage control manual yes)
945 Mhz Mem. (voltage control manual yes)
-4% Power Limit

Speed (2600 - 4900) Manual
Temp. (80 - 70)

in avg. each card draws around 220 Watt and performs @ 1925 h/s

how to I achieve the 150W for 1900h/s ?

Had problems when installing the blockchain driver, with more then 1 card installed ... however it gave me an error, but was installed in the end ...

Follow this exactly as written. https://www.reddit.com/r/MoneroMining/comments/74hjqn/monero_and_vega_the_definitive_guide/

The higher wattage could be that I have an i7 7700k also mining on the cpu side for that board. Just idling with 1 card I was at 150w or so. I think I'm at about 175w per card, but spending any more time removing cards to test one card wattage is counter productive to the whole mining thing. I am going to be putting together 2 more rigs with 8 vega 56 each, if the issue continues I will just be switching back to xmr stak, because although it is less "feature" rich, it is definitely more stable and clear in it's processes. When I do my rig video, I will post the differences so people are aware and maybe it helps them while it helps me figure out what the issue is.

What is it with all cards idled? I don't know what the CPU hash rate is on your system, but I would be willing to bet you are barely breaking even unless you have free power and the CPU mining could be causing issues with the GPU side. What is your CPU usage when everything is running? I expect errors/hangs on multitasked systems running over 85% to 95% if your were only CPU mining and that task was using 100% there probably would not be an issue. But Cast does need some processing time to run the GPUs.

Currently it is only one GPU per instance. One can select with "--opencl n" the OpenCL plattform to use (Nvidia, AMD, Intel) which number is the correct one is probably experimenting. And with "-G  x" which device to use. There is no programmed limit how many instances one can start,  One  process needs only 100 MB memory when running.

Basic question:  how do you configure this when you have an internal IGPU?  I have a Ryzen build working fine and I don't need the "--opencl x" command for Cast to work.

Now I am working on an Intel build with an internal gpu.  It is causing Cast to crash on startup.  Setting different variations of -G 0,1,2,3 doesn't seem to work because Cast doesn't seem to count the GPUs the same way as device manager or AMD settings.

With an internal gpu, do I have to use the "--opencl x' command?  If not, how do I enumerate so that the internal gpu is skipped over and Cast just works on the attached Vegas?

OpenCL defaults to 0 which is typically iGPU. try using OpenCL 1 . if that doesn't work run clinfo in cmd and post it here.

MickDaster

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:47:12 PM

VEGA 56  Which BIOS?

how do you manage to get those speeds i only got u to 700hs not more and i havent flashed them
huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 03:46:50 PM

Been running this for a while, recently started to notice when Teamviewer is open, reported hashrate drops quite a bit. Schrodinger's miner syndrome?

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
rambetiko

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:50:55 PM

Is the same as the cast-xmr program, is there for btg? i ttry btg mining with vega 64 but i have 450 sol/s. i use blockchain driver
Tkon1

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:05:33 PM

This is a great miner! I use it on both Vega 56 and RX 580. Would it be possible to enable support for RX 560? It should be similar to RX 580.
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:13:37 PM

This is a great miner! I use it on both Vega 56 and RX 580. Would it be possible to enable support for RX 560? It should be similar to RX 580.

Are you getting higher hashrate with it than with Claymore on your 580s out of curiosity?
Tkon1

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:39:12 PM

Are you getting higher hashrate with it than with Claymore on your 580s out of curiosity?

I get about 700-750 on cast-xmr vs 650-700 on Claymore. However the greatest is the stability. With Claymore I was getting random restarts. Therefore, in average I get better hash rate.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: