Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:30:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 371 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [1050 TH] BitMinter.com [1% PPLNS,Pays TxFees +MergedMining,Stratum,GBT,vardiff]  (Read 836876 times)
hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 08:52:57 PM

Stale ratio went from <0.4% to <0.8% Undecided
Looking forward the next block to see if DrHaribo really fixed the bug Grin

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 09:27:05 PM

My hashrate votes no on this

1 pro, 1 contra and 1 neutral. Not a lot of interest for this. Perhaps the last increase to N=2x diff was enough?

Stale ratio went from <0.4% to <0.8% Undecided
Looking forward the next block to see if DrHaribo really fixed the bug Grin

The bug is fixed but there are still users with buggy miners and my protection against that isn't very successful. When a miner starts attacking the pool with thousands of requests per second the protection doesn't kick in quickly enough. It's actually not an easy problem to solve without blocking out large proxies and other large mining operations. It's hard to tell them apart from a buggy miner if you only have a second to do it.

I'm now thinking about putting buggy versions of cgminer and bfgminer automatically on the slow response list together with cpu miners. Placing them there all the time, not only when they misbehave. I have asked people to upgrade a long time ago both here and on twitter. I think this solution is more fair than letting the buggy miners cause slow response for other users. cgminer 2.7.6 is out and working great. Just upgrade. You don't still use internet explorer 6 do you? Shocked

The first few block changes after I put in the new version were awful. Thousands upon thousands of useless requests for several seconds. Then we had something like 10 block changes that were perfectly smooth. And before I wrote this we again had a couple block changes where the pool was effectively DDoSed by its own miners. Cheesy It's kind of funny when you think about it. Wink

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-
Shermo

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 09:34:41 PM

TBH I'm not sure how the difficulty change would affect me, I only hash at about 350mh/s 24/7 and my girlfriends PC about 300mh/s approx 4 hours a day when she leaves her PC on...
drekk

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Who shot who in the what now?

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 09:42:23 PM

Just wanted to say "Hi!" to everyone, so:
Hi everyone!

I'm mining with BitMinter (pool & client) for about a week now. Just adding my little 160 MH/s with a spare GTX 570, so I'm probably losing money, but that's 24/7. Awesome! Cheesy

Cheers,
~drekk~

☛ GPG Key / Fingerprint: CDFF 083A 3056 7DD8 B5B9  6687 726C AB05 D6AE 6148
☛ Overly attached BitMinter miner // 4pmlIE9idmlvdXMgdHJvbGwgaXMgb2J2aW91cy4g4pm
hahahafr

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 11:03:04 PM

1.6% now Shocked
Personally I use cgminer 2.7.5 and went from <0.3% before last update to >1.3% now.
I don't know, something is obviously wrong.

◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 11:14:40 PM

1.6% now Shocked
Personally I use cgminer 2.7.5 and went from <0.3% before last update to >1.3% now.
1st- upgrade to cgminer 2.7.6
2nd-You need to allow for at least 24 hours of mining to make a determination on rates (many factors affect the numbers including time of day, connection quality, etc.)
3rd-The real number is the effective hash rate shown in the pool stats (in some cases adjusting settings can correct this, look for a default .cgminer.conf and adjust your queue downward, larger queue = more stales on the LP (block change) notification from the pool)
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 11:23:16 PM

TBH I'm not sure how the difficulty change would affect me, I only hash at about 350mh/s 24/7 and my girlfriends PC about 300mh/s approx 4 hours a day when she leaves her PC on...

You would get lower variance for the 4 hours a day machine. That means more even payments for the work it does, instead of low pay one day and high pay another day. So that might be a plus. But it will also take some hours longer to get paid after it did the 4 hours of work. I don't know if that makes a difference for you.

Hi everyone!

I'm mining with BitMinter (pool & client) for about a week now. Just adding my little 160 MH/s with a spare GTX 570, so I'm probably losing money, but that's 24/7. Awesome! Cheesy

Hi and welcome to the pool! Smiley Nvidia isn't the best for mining. But yeah, bitcoin is pretty awesome, so it can be fun to mine a bit even if the equipment isn't the most efficient. Smiley

1.6% now Shocked

The two restarts caused a few rejects, but I think most were because of the "ddos bug".

The second restart a short while ago was to get in a new version that automatically puts all requests from cgminer and bfgminer with lower version number than 2.7 on the slow queue. The "slow queue" is contained to 1 cpu core on the server. This should prevent those using old outdated miners from causing problems for users with more recent miners like you have. I'm hoping we'll see much less rejected work in the next round.

hahahafr

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 11:30:31 PM

For those experiencing high stale rate like me, a restart of the miners seems to do the trick.

The second restart a short while ago was to get in a new version that automatically puts all requests from cgminer and bfgminer with lower version number than 2.7 on the slow queue. The "slow queue" is contained to 1 cpu core on the server. This should prevent those using old outdated miners from causing problems for users with more recent miners like you have. I'm hoping we'll see much less rejected work in the next round.
Can you provide either the whitelist or blacklist (of the miners and versions) you use?
Edit: nevermind, I just reread your post Roll Eyes

◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
hahahafr

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 11:35:08 PM

I got a suggestion from PsychoticBoy to change the N in PPLNS from 2x difficulty to 4x difficulty. That would be to double the size of the shifts. Please speak up if you have an opinion on it.

Currently 10 shifts take about 5 hours. Doubling shift size would mean 10 shifts take 10 hours at the current pool hashrate. This would mean it takes longer before a proof of work is fully paid, but also that the variance for a proof of work goes down. 24/7 miners shouldn't notice much, but those who don't mine 24/7 should experience reduced variance.

In other news the testing on port 9000 helped uncover a bottleneck that has now been fixed. A big thanks to all who are mining there to help with testing. The test is still running. I'll try and finish up what will hopefully be the next production version of the mining backend, let it run on the test port for a bit, then bring it over on the regular port.

I'm favorable to this change! The higher the share difficulty the better.

◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
hahahafr

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:54:11 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2012, 01:10:26 AM by hahahafr

Request: If/When you'll be looking at implementing the Stratum protocol, please consider making it reachable on your server through one of these ports:

This time it's really just a matter of two more lines in the iptables configuration! Grin
Example:

Code:
--iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --destination-port 5050 -j ACCEPT
--iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -i eth0 -p tcp --destination-port 5050 -j REDIRECT --to-ports <stratum_listen_port>

Thank you!

◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 06:49:09 AM

Doc,
Long pool is OK. However tonight my cgminer crashed. It was offline for about 5 hours or so. I started it a couple of hours ago but my payments are still very low.  I mean that guys having equal hash rate get paid 3-4xmore. However on each new block my payment increases. I guess it should back to normal after few blocks. What i am asking you if i shall be worried that something is wrong from my side or that is normal due to algorithm used when payments are calculated. For instance if i fire cgminer right now - and say i never mined here before. Mine from beginning to the end of new block did i get paid same amount like a person who has same hash rate like me (Accepted shares) but he was mining for a week without any interruption?
Thank You

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Krak

Activity: 591
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 07:19:49 AM

Doc,
Long pool is OK. However tonight my cgminer crashed. It was offline for about 5 hours or so. I started it a couple of hours ago but my payments are still very low.  I mean that guys having equal hash rate get paid 3-4xmore. However on each new block my payment increases. I guess it should back to normal after few blocks. What i am asking you if i shall be worried that something is wrong from my side or that is normal due to algorithm used when payments are calculated. For instance if i fire cgminer right now - and say i never mined here before. Mine from beginning to the end of new block did i get paid same amount like a person who has same hash rate like me (Accepted shares) but he was mining for a week without any interruption?
Thank You
BitMinter uses PPLNS (pay per last N shares) for its payout method. This means that you're paid for the shares that you submit within the time period specified by N as long as a block is found within that time period. In the case of BitMinter, you're paid for the shares that you submit in the last 10 shifts, found here.

BTC: 1KrakenLFEFg33A4f6xpwgv3UUoxrLPuGn
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:25:48 AM

Thank You!
This explains everything so after 5 hours or so my payments will be back to normal:)

Best
Doc,
Thank You
BitMinter uses PPLNS (pay per last N shares) for its payout method. This means that you're paid for the shares that you submit within the time period specified by N as long as a block is found within that time period. In the case of BitMinter, you're paid for the shares that you submit in the last 10 shifts, found here.

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
drekk

Activity: 70

Who shot who in the what now?

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 01:52:24 PM

Hi and welcome to the pool! Smiley Nvidia isn't the best for mining. But yeah, bitcoin is pretty awesome, so it can be fun to mine a bit even if the equipment isn't the most efficient. Smiley
Thanks!

Yeah, just wanted to be part of the party as long as I can. Maybe I'll be able to make a whole BTC before diff increase/ASICs kick in. Grin Will be shutting the miner down then.

~drekk~

☛ GPG Key / Fingerprint: CDFF 083A 3056 7DD8 B5B9  6687 726C AB05 D6AE 6148
☛ Overly attached BitMinter miner // 4pmlIE9idmlvdXMgdHJvbGwgaXMgb2J2aW91cy4g4pm
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 05:28:16 PM

A small website update today:
  • Update livestats every 60 sec, both round data and top 50. If you already have the page up then refresh it to get the new one with more frequent updates.
  • Link to our friends at bitcurex.com Smiley
  • Display hashrate in Thps instead of Ghps at the top of the webpages
  • Show only number of minutes in the block list for blocks that took less than an hour

The hashrates are still a rolling average, but they are now calculated every minute instead of every 5 minutes. This should make things a bit snappier. Downside is that the hashrate displays may be even more out of whack for the slowest miners.

Request: If/When you'll be looking at implementing the Stratum protocol, please consider making it reachable on your server through one of these ports:

Yeah, allowing connections on one of those ports should be doable. That's what you have access to through a firewall? Wink

This explains everything so after 5 hours or so my payments will be back to normal:)

Yep. If we double the shift size it would take 10 hours. It would also take 10 hours of idling before your pay for blocks would be down to zero. Upside is reduced variance for non-24/7 mining, such as like now when your miners were down.

paladon

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:50:29 PM

I got a suggestion from PsychoticBoy to change the N in PPLNS from 2x difficulty to 4x difficulty. That would be to double the size of the shifts. Please speak up if you have an opinion on it.

Currently 10 shifts take about 5 hours. Doubling shift size would mean 10 shifts take 10 hours at the current pool hashrate. This would mean it takes longer before a proof of work is fully paid, but also that the variance for a proof of work goes down. 24/7 miners shouldn't notice much, but those who don't mine 24/7 should experience reduced variance.

In other news the testing on port 9000 helped uncover a bottleneck that has now been fixed. A big thanks to all who are mining there to help with testing. The test is still running. I'll try and finish up what will hopefully be the next production version of the mining backend, let it run on the test port for a bit, then bring it over on the regular port.

good idea, i like it.

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 08:12:02 PM

A small website update today:
  • Update livestats every 60 sec, both round data and top 50. If you already have the page up then refresh it to get the new one with more frequent updates.
  • Link to our friends at bitcurex.com Smiley
  • Display hashrate in Thps instead of Ghps at the top of the webpages
  • Show only number of minutes in the block list for blocks that took less than an hour

The page currently says 1.10Ghps, not Thps.  Wink Grin

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
hahahafr

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 08:44:52 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2012, 08:56:01 PM by hahahafr

Yeah, allowing connections on one of those ports should be doable. That's what you have access to through a firewall? Wink
I want to donate you 0.2 BTC for this feature, and also because your pool is awesome. What's your address? Cool

◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
Krak

Activity: 591
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 08:48:11 PM

I want to donate you 0.2 BTC for this feature, and also because your pool is awesome. What's your address? Cool
You can make a one time donation through the donations & perks link under the "my account" tab.

BTC: 1KrakenLFEFg33A4f6xpwgv3UUoxrLPuGn
hahahafr

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 08:57:07 PM

You can make a one time donation through the donations & perks link under the "my account" tab.
My balance is 0 at Bitminter. I can't.
I'm pretty sure that setting up a good old address for spontaneous donations would make lots of people happy.

◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 371 »
  Print  

Jump to: