Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:04:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:49:56 PM

Alright where do we start...  Airflow.. Boards...Backplane.. Cage..  I know this write up is going to take a few hours so lets go ahead and get started.
Start with refunds immediately!!!!! or ship two miners instead of one Grin

And make sure they can survive for more than 10 minutes hashhing Grin Grin Grin Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:50:40 PM

start with where is my refund. you have to over clock these things to hit 1.2TH? that's false advertising. overclocking a 1.2Th machine should hit 1.4. you guys wouldn't know the truth if it fucked you.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:51:27 PM

start with where is my refund. you have to over clock these things to hit 1.2TH?
They are a joke dude this things will blow in no time ask for refund!

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:51:33 PM

This is a gaming case retrofitted to do some intensive work. There could have been far better choices to make this happen. All said it works. If the internal cage holding the boards is able to be removed into another case I likely will do that as I already have a spare AZZA genesis case for this workload. That box stays nice and cool despite the insane workloads I toss at it.

Feedback for the gen2 versions of these for AMT, use a case that vents heat better. And if the PSU is any indication more power vs less. Looks like there were costs cut here sadly. The Chinese already have the right idea tossing these into server type chassis. But at the same time for anyone using these in a home/hobby setup, these require a much better ventilated case to overall provide venting for most scenarios. Otherwise people will need to pop open the case for these.

If the power supply is indeed a 1Kw PSU then yea likley wont be running too well at turbo mode. Least not long enough. Easier solution is to replace it with a stronger one. I ran into a similar issue with my Cube block erupters. I started popping 750 watt PSUs on them and I occasionally get hashrates WAY above their rated speeds (they spike up to 65-120Ghs for up an hour or two from their rated 30-40Ghs (could be an anomoly but it does happen from time to time). But I also keep them cool very cool as well as well powered. Those two things at least with that kind of hardware makes a gigantic difference.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
opieum2

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:00:41 PM

Until I get my hands on one I won't know for sure any of the details. At this point just by looking at the case its easy to see where the potential flaws could be. That said, if it works it works. And like any good techie worth anything they will want to figure out how to squeeze out every bit of performance out of it.

My first thoughts would be a single fan at the top is not enough to vent the excessive heat. That said the side vent can bring in cool air providing some suction in a more passive fashion. The front fans in the case also provide some more cooling but are blocked by the hard drive mounts in the case so it diffuses airflow and creates less efficient airflow to the boards and the case as a whole. (personally I would have build a custom mount that blows the air into the case at an angle vs just straight in to keep the overall temperatures down. In a setup like this it would work well. 

I cant get a close look at the PSU. So I have no idea what it is or is capable of. If its a 1200 watt PSU then its more than capable of doing what it needs to do and hitting the 1.2Ths mark.
Without a physical unit in hand I wont know anything about the hashing performance.

Hopefully some more people get some of these and post up pics/vids and whatnot so we can start seeing how well they do.

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:06:48 PM

Until I get my hands on one I won't know for sure any of the details. At this point just by looking at the case its easy to see where the potential flaws could be. That said, if it works it works. And like any good techie worth anything they will want to figure out how to squeeze out every bit of performance out of it.

My first thoughts would be a single fan at the top is not enough to vent the excessive heat. That said the side vent can bring in cool air providing some suction in a more passive fashion. The front fans in the case also provide some more cooling but are blocked by the hard drive mounts in the case so it diffuses airflow and creates less efficient ways.

I cant get a close look at the PSU. So I have no idea what it is or is capable of. If its a 1200 watt PSU then its more than capable of doing what it needs to do and hitting the 1.2Ths mark.
Without a physical unit in hand I wont know anything about the hashing performance.

Hopefully some more people get some of these and post up pics/vids and whatnot so we can start seeing how well they do.
1.2 Mark with 5 modules + 1200 watt PSU is MADNESSSSSSSS and HIGH TOP AMT ENGINEERING COOLING
Make sure that the fireman is around Grin Grin Grin Grin
Ask for your money back Wink
i am giving this peace of crap 10-15 minutes live MAX before blast

opieum2

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:13:52 PM

My first thoughts would be a single fan at the top is not enough to vent the excessive heat. That said the side vent can bring in cool air providing some suction in a more passive fashion. The front fans in the case also provide some more cooling but are blocked by the hard drive mounts in the case so it diffuses airflow and creates less efficient ways.

1.2 Mark with 5 modules + 1200 watt PSU is MADNESSSSSSSS and HIGH TOP AMT ENGINEERING COOLING

Fine qualify your statement as to why you think that would be the case? There are technical people amongst us so we can validate/invalidate those statements. Right now its just madness and get a fireman there.

What are the electrical aspects that would make this wrong to run? Now if its running at 1.2THs turbo mode I think then the 1.2THs nominal mode is a misleading statement. Turbo is meant to be overclocked.
But right now losia you gotta qualify what you just said with a bit more than get a fireman. We know the devices are real enough. The quality is still in question but we need to understand your thinking as to why you think they will burst into flames. Go into as much technical detail as possible so there is no room for misunderstanding.

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:20:11 PM

Fine qualify your statement as to why you think that would be the case? There are technical people amongst us so we can validate/invalidate those statements. Right now its just madness and get a fireman there.

What are the electrical aspects that would make this wrong to run? Now if its running at 1.2THs turbo mode I think then the 1.2THs nominal mode is a misleading statement. Turbo is meant to be overclocked.
But right now losia you gotta qualify what you just said with a bit more than get a fireman. We know the devices are real enough. The quality is still in question but we need to understand your thinking as to why you think they will burst into flames. Go into as much technical detail as possible so there is no room for misunderstanding.
Dude,

I am qualifying this since beginning. You can search my posts if you want.
Let me leave other folks like ISAWIM to say something valuable
Ask for your money. I will say it again ask for your money!
Read bitmine posts HW errors, power draw and regulators design and so on and so on
This is a total crap
In best case scenario you will be able to get 0.9T from it even less. I am not mentioning the fact that cooling DOES NOT EXIST at all Grin But this is another story...
PERIOD

AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:23:57 PM

So then - lets start with the cage.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:26:22 PM

It will be interesting to see Blackout's power usage, but the Dragon miners went from a hair under 900W @ 1TH/s when they used 4 boards to 1150W @ 1TH/s when running 4 boards. I'm guessing these will pull somewhere in the neighborhood of 1300-1400W at 1.2TH/s. Of course the Dragon miner has a much better case design, so the AMT one might run a little worse as everything in there is going to be toasty warm.

Alright where do we start...  Airflow.. Boards...Backplane.. Cage..  I know this write up is going to take a few hours so lets go ahead and get started.
Start with some pictures, and a system review. It looks like you're using the 1500W Silverstone Strider ST1500 for a power supply, so there should be some headroom there at least.
Please tell me you at least have a pair of 120mm fans mounted to that cage forcing air through the heatsinks, and aren't just relying on the 200mm fan at the top of the case to draw air out.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:26:27 PM

START WITH REFUNDS IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!
TELL YOUR CUSTOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!!!!
STOP LYING!!!

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:33:26 PM

all this time and they are sending out miners that don't even run at 1.2T natively?
Wrong They are SENDING NOTHING!!!!
This is just a picture Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

clenell

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:34:00 PM

this is what i mean when i say... tell me one instance AMT has been honest and/or upfront with information. The machine does not even run natively at their posted hashing!! I challenge anyone to provide me an instance where AMT has kept their word. It's crazy how these guys can even think they are going to stay in business. They have fucked up royally and the truth has been exposed in this thread. They have tried to distance themselves from this thread to no avail. They made this shit sandwich - now they get to eat it. They have even gone so far as to try and make the claim we are merely redirecting traffic and subsequent business their way. This is obviously a lie because they don't answer the fucking phones. what person in their right mind would read this thread then call a number only to be told after 10 calls "leave a message" Huh Then again... said individual might be the same person who would make the claim they mailed a $6000 refund check (US MAIL) with NO TRACKING. Let me enlighten those of you still wondering who these people are - THEY DON'T EXIST.

AMT is run by a con artist by the name of Joshua Zipkin.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:40:35 PM

How did Mblackout get his unit before anyone else?
Why are 99% of Mblackouts posts on the forum in this AMT thread, or about AMT ??

Why do we still not have pictures of the "pallets of boxes" lol. How about a warehouse full of people assembling miners, which is what it would take to even start getting caught up on orders.
Mblackout

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

BitRoll

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:41:49 PM

all this time and they are sending out miners that don't even run at 1.2T natively?

yes they native do 1.2 when you have high power on.  I also have cointerra units which dot he same exact thing.  In order to reach benchmark performance you need to turn the board up the highest setting.  cointerra has not even hit their benchmark.  I have not check the power draw but i am planning on doing this tomorrow night.
opieum2

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:42:30 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 03:58:03 PM by opieum2

Well the cage...it works well enough at least from looking at the photo. If I had to suggest something it would be opening up the bottom part of the cage a bit to expose the heatsinkfins (I cant really see it yet well so hard to tell if thats already the case) and mount fans on the bottom part to blow the hot air up to the larger fan up at the top. The larger single fan (240mm fan?) would work in venting the heat out. The cage itself could use mounts for fans on the bottom. Either as an option OR as a standard (seeing how cheap fans are tho IMO should be an actual standard with the the hardware).

The overall chassis isn't a bad choice but there are better options for airflow out there. I guess the question here is, if one wanted to move the blades to another case, could they? Are the punch outs for the screws ATX or some other form factor standard compatible? Or has the case been custom made to handle the hardware? Ideally I would like to be able to move the blades into a server chassis that can accommodate more airflow in the data-center scenario. Like I said before for hobbyist miners this is enough. And if that is indeed a 1500Psu then that meets the electrical requirements to work under this setup based on other information out there. I would be far more interested in getting my hands on one to do a more through and indepth review. I do try to be fair and objective. So far what I am seeing is pretty good for a first gen 1THs device.

My feedback is mostly just nitpicking based on what I see in a single photo.

opieum2

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:56:07 PM

How did Mblackout get his unit before anyone else?
Why are 99% of Mblackouts posts on the forum in this AMT thread, or about AMT ??

Why do we still not have pictures of the "pallets of boxes" lol. How about a warehouse full of people assembling miners, which is what it would take to even start getting caught up on orders.

Probably because he is local. I haven't gotten my email or PM via forum or smoke signals yet asking to come in to get my orders.
In all fairness I would do a fair review of the hardware. I would keep the business side of things out of that since my focus would be the hardware. If I get my hardware soonish I can give a fair and comprehensive review. I am in the NYC area so easy enough to get down there in a couple hours to pick it up. Plus I would have to miners to compare against. They both are teh same 1.2 but at least can see if they work all things being equal.

If the hardware works as advertised I will be happy with that. Its what we paid for.

But yea the EXIF data in this photo was also stripped. I wont do the same with mine. I can take a couple of pics. One once I am at AMT getting it (obviously keeping their privacy such as it is intact) I will take pics of it at the office, another in my car being transported (not while I am driving I want to live to make it home lol) and then the unboxing (if there is an unboxing to be done). After I will just make some raw video with hooking it up and setting it up. I might edit the video if time permits otherwise its just going up to youtube as is and make another one with how to set these things up.

If AMT is ok with this I would have no problem going to pick it up tonight (and meet phin in the process) or Monday even (tommorrow I got a client I need to work with).

But all things being fair I guess its fair to wait my place in line too. I am just looking to provide something in return for that. And a fair review I think considering everything can't hurt at this point.

Chazaki

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:03:11 PM

Why won't he post his order number? Or did I miss it?

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
opieum2

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:03:55 PM

Check the unofficial order list. Might be on there I haven't checked personally.

Edit: I checked. Not on there.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:14:22 PM

Check the unofficial order list. Might be on there I haven't checked personally.

Edit: I checked. Not on there.

I call B.S. on blackout.....   for some reason he gets preferential treatment with a likely order in the #600 range.  

However folks in the 500 range have yet to receive their units.

The guy is a plant used to validate the story that AMT shipped to some random folks.    The guy posts nowhere but on this thread.   The hardware does appear real,  however, there is no evidence in photographs that it is actually hashing.   The photo is so bogus,  why is it photographed on a desk unattached to anything.   If I had that miner, I would not waste money taking it offline.   

AMT has a day left to respond to my Consumer Complaint,  otherwise I'll be seeing them in small claims court.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: