Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:24:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:43:44 AM

You can see the gun pointed at his head in the reflection in the window.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:51:28 AM

For anyone who wonders about it, 20 minutes talking in an office is only time for a big bribe, not time to significantly impress a skeptic that the business operation is on the up n up. Especially without visiting any sort of manufacturing facility.
MinerPro

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:35:51 AM

For anyone who wonders about it, 20 minutes talking in an office is only time for a big bribe, not time to significantly impress a skeptic that the business operation is on the up n up. Especially without visiting any sort of manufacturing facility.

Personally, I think this is the worst thing that could happen to the community. I watched this happen, the "price" that AMT_ put on Phin's head, the sudden 180 Phin made almost directly after that, the friendly talk to and fro and the video. It is kind of sickening, really. And scary.
Brilliant tactics, I have to admit (divide et impera and all that) but scary nonetheless.

I still don't think AMT_ is a fraudulent operation, albeit they do possess certain qualities thereof. I just think they went in over their heads. Now they're doing patchwork (giving mblackout their miner, "convincing" Phin it's all allright) -which is a classic sign of the lack of business knowledge, take out the critic instead of address the reason for the criticism- but they're still not shipping miners. Nor are they refunding (we demanded a refund two weeks ago, and the only answer was "sorry no refunds your miner will ship this week -which was two weeks ago Smiley )

They're answering some questions on the forum, but nothing concrete. So, still, nothing's changed, really.
Who will stand up and take Phin's position?
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:47:46 AM

Personally, I think this is the worst thing that could happen to the community. I watched this happen, the "price" that AMT_ put on Phin's head, the sudden 180 Phin made almost directly after that, the friendly talk to and fro and the video. It is kind of sickening, really. And scary.
Brilliant tactics, I have to admit (divide et impera and all that) but scary nonetheless.

I still don't think AMT_ is a fraudulent operation, albeit they do possess certain qualities thereof. I just think they went in over their heads. Now they're doing patchwork (giving mblackout their miner, "convincing" Phin it's all allright) -which is a classic sign of the lack of business knowledge, take out the critic instead of address the reason for the criticism- but they're still not shipping miners. Nor are they refunding (we demanded a refund two weeks ago, and the only answer was "sorry no refunds your miner will ship this week -which was two weeks ago Smiley )

They're answering some questions on the forum, but nothing concrete. So, still, nothing's changed, really.

That video creeped me out. Till I hear directly from Bruno, I'm withholding judgment altogether.
rik_khaos

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:55:52 AM

"Who will stand up and take Phin's position?"

Hopefully no one. I didn't like his tactics or his wild baseless assumptions even though the guy himself doesn't seem so bad.

I'd prefer to see someone take a different more thought out method of presenting information that separates the wheat from the chaff rather than dumping raw information that often has little to do with anything. And a perhaps a little more follow up on leads before just shitting out piles of information. I get that Phin does it out of a kind place in his heart, not wanting to see others get taken, like he once did but there are better ways.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
MinerPro

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:31:11 AM

"Who will stand up and take Phin's position?"

Hopefully no one. I didn't like his tactics or his wild baseless assumptions even though the guy himself doesn't seem so bad.

I'd prefer to see someone take a different more thought out method of presenting information that separates the wheat from the chaff rather than dumping raw information that often has little to do with anything. And a perhaps a little more follow up on leads before just shitting out piles of information. I get that Phin does it out of a kind place in his heart, not wanting to see others get taken, like he once did but there are better ways.

i agree to a certain extent, Rik. I don't think harsh talk is always the way forward. I am a reasonable person, I try to run a reasonable business. I try to stay in touch with my clients on whatever issue they may have with services provided by us.
Some people however only react to coarse language. Quod erat demonstrandum; AMT has at least the last few days responded. Not sure why, but I tend to think it has something to do with the kind of language and behavior of some of the forum members.

Also, @ Biomech: I don't know what happened to Phin; I don't know if he's turned, bribed, convinced or anything else to that extent. I just wrote down (maybe a little too fast) that the tone of his voice changed almost immediately after AMT_ wrote they would pay BTC20 to whoever brought him to the office. In no way I mean to disregard the work he's done so far for the forum. I merely tried to express my concern about the developments of the last few days. The video is dead scary.
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:40:48 AM

Actually it was a bit more than 20 minutes. Closer to a few hours. Basically from our second to last post until the update afterwards. And no bribe or payment was given. He just needed to meet us.
MinerPro

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:43:31 AM

Actually it was a bit more than 20 minutes. Closer to a few hours. Basically from our second to last post until the update afterwards. And no bribe or payment was given. He just needed to meet us.

Ok, whatever. Where's our refund?
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:43:48 AM

Its happened before. Phin was once on a "google crusade" against BFL. Mind you, not one warranted by their deceit/fraud, but pretty much exactly like happened with AMT. In both cases you have real companies working on real products, that are really shitty, really late, really overpromised and quite deliberately so. Instead of focusing on the actual and demonstrable lies, Phin starts gunning at anything that moves with far fetched or plain silly hypothesis based on google search results. Once in a while he does uncover something mildly interesting, but mostly its just BS.

Then Phinn gets the meet the people, like he did with BFL, and makes a 180. At some point he even seemed like an apologist for BFL. Its hard to say if in either case, that 180 is the result of some deal/bribe, or if its just human nature to act very differently vis a vis people you actually met compared to just a forum handle, but Im not surprised one tiny bit by none of whats happened here. Not the AMT delays, not the missing of deadlines, not the missing of specs,  not the overreaction of Phin, not his 180.
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:47:44 AM

Its happened before. Phin was once on a "google crusade" against BFL. Mind you, not one warranted by their deceit/fraud, but pretty much exactly like happened with AMT. In both cases you have real companies working on real products, that are really shitty, really late, really overpromised and quite deliberately so. Instead of focusing on the actual and demonstrable lies, Phin starts gunning at anything that moves with far fetched or plain silly hypothesis based on google search results. Once in a while he does uncover something mildly interesting, but mostly its just BS.

Then Phinn gets the meet the people, like he did with BFL, and makes a 180. At some point he even seemed like an apologist for BFL. Its hard to say if in either case, that 180 is the result of some deal/bribe, or if its just human nature to act very differently vis a vis people you actually met compared to just a forum handle, but Im not surprised one tiny bit by none of whats happened here. Not the AMT delays, not the missing of deadlines, not the missing of specs,  not the overreaction of Phin, not his 180.

He just needed to see it was real.

What specs are you looking for, list them and we'll answer.
MinerPro

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:50:44 AM

Spec when our refund is taking place.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:59:37 AM

How about the 300-600W power consumption you initially promised?
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:08:59 AM

That video creeped me out. Till I hear directly from Bruno, I'm withholding judgment altogether.

I'm sorry to say, but I called it. However it panned out this is exactly what I thought would be the end result. I was still hoping it wouldn't but.. feel bad for you guys.

Phin, there is no reason for you to travel there. It's 2014 and they should be able to UPDATE EVERYONE on the internet or these forums. I am concered they will either be wasting your time, trying to pay you off for your endorsement (i know you would never do that), and generally I'm concerned about your safety if you intend on meeting these folks.

You dug into their personal, albeit, tainted history: and I would think twice about putting yourself at risk.

Personally I think its not about silencing him by paying him off, the greater risk is that they will try and discredit him in some way. I trust he's wiley enough but its a possibility.

Maybe. I think it's just as likely they finally got their shit together and have managed to get a couple units produced that they can show off. Only a few of course, as they just finished shipping out all the units for the day. Hopefully Phin can be forceful in getting something resembling proof to back up their claim of ~150 units shipped already.

I'm gonna say its an elaborate ruse to discredit Phinnaeus. I'll just put it out there. I wouldn't touch their BTC if I wasn't a customer. Sure go see them. But whatever happens there will be his word against theirs.

If there is anyone who lives nearby I'd get as many people to hang around there at the time.

No. I am sure the goal is to discredit him somehow. Phinneaus is active in quite a few interrelated threads exposing scams and probably causing a few noses to be put out of joint, even causing some disruption in sales or increase in refund requests. You know the saying there is no such thing as bad press? Not so sure when it comes to pre order Asics.  Undecided

Phinn, sorry man but you shouldn't have had that second bowl. Sad

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:22:19 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO-EGJhdx4U&feature=youtu.be

So yea, we'll go back to work now that this is all over. Please see the video above.

Summary - We spoke for 20 minutes, he believes he is like some ark angel of the forum by posting they way he does. We showed off our miners and he asked to buy one, we said ok. We didn't pay any bounty, he was such an upstanding guy he wouldn't have taken it. And we didn't offer it anyway. He removed the posts because he saw we were legit and he sees that we're not drinking tequilas on some island.

We did stop at superfresh down the street, but they were out of pineapples, so no one got pricked this evening.

Okay... now that Phin has confirmed it is real..... anyone want to buy my pre-order?

Order #961 ...  Still 6.5 BTC.... even after the massive BTC price drop....  that is just $3,250.  PM me

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
MinerPro

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:28:57 AM

So yea, we'll go back to work now that this is all over. Please see the video above.

Summary - We spoke for 20 minutes, he believes he is like some ark angel of the forum by posting they way he does. We showed off our miners and he asked to buy one, we said ok. We didn't pay any bounty, he was such an upstanding guy he wouldn't have taken it. And we didn't offer it anyway. He removed the posts because he saw we were legit and he sees that we're not drinking tequilas on some island.

We did stop at superfresh down the street, but they were out of pineapples, so no one got pricked this evening.

Okay... now that Phin has confirmed it is real..... anyone want to buy my pre-order?

Order #961 ...  Still 6.5 BTC.... even after the massive BTC price drop....  that is just $3,250.  PM me

Gheghe.... Good luck with that.
Nothing is real as of yet. Nothing has been confirmed as far as I'm concerned (and I am). The funniest thing about the video: you see Phin pointing at a machine but no one bothered to sway the camera in that particular direction. I have seen nothing to prove that they have actual working miners.
btchedge

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:33:50 AM

Stranger than fucking fiction. Best of luck to all involved.

Who is John Galt?
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:54:53 AM

Spec when our refund is taking place.

I agree here.  The only specifications I'm interested is in is "when will honor our refund?".

The second most important spec is "when will you deliver on the MPP?"

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:00:08 AM

Gheghe.... Good luck with that.
Nothing is real as of yet. Nothing has been confirmed as far as I'm concerned (and I am). The funniest thing about the video: you see Phin pointing at a machine but no one bothered to sway the camera in that particular direction. I have seen nothing to prove that they have actual working miners.

Agree... the depths of the stupidity here is mind boggling.  Video tape the miner and video tape the hashing.

AMT takes an effort to post a confession, but does nothing about demoing a working unit.   

Anyway,  AMT... you have until March 30 to respond to my complaint filled with the Delaware County consumer affairs.  Give them a call if you can't find my complaint.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
MinerPro

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:09:28 AM

Agree... the depths of the stupidity here is mind boggling.  Video tape the miner and video tape the hashing.

AMT takes an effort to post a confession, but does nothing about demoing a working unit.   

Anyway,  AMT... you have until March 30 to respond to my complaint filled with the Delaware County consumer affairs.  Give them a call if you can't find my complaint.

"What specs are you looking for, list them and we'll answer."............ still waiting. Not that I expect any answer from them. I am waiting for our Debt Collector's to get our money back.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:23:49 AM

That was the worst porno ever! (Reminded me of the Saddam Hussein execution tape, but without the noose.)

So... That video was uploaded kind-of quick. (Could have just put-up a video of the other miner running.)

Not saying much beyond that. However, I am going to send you a PM with my original alternate request for a DIY miner. One which I would like answered, if only because I have stayed open-minded through all of this. Not to mention, directly offered assistance and service, which was once even considered, but Josh and Alecia left me hanging.

I still want frictions miner too, but the remainder of my funds are locked-up at the moment. (Some in Gox, others in alt-coins.) But that is another story.

Hope to hear from you.
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: