Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:05:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 163 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Setup & Troubleshoot] Bitmain AntMiner S1 180GH/S miner  (Read 452140 times)
giletto

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:55:39 AM

Do these numbers look strange to anyone? What's up with the found blocks...I am mining at eligius and btcguild with this unit.

what did you do?
What you mean? He just Overclocking his miner...

How to setup antminer for remote access? (Out LAN, over internet)
Port forwarding on router?
Thanks
This is a interesting question, i try it before but without success. I got only access, if i open port 80 at the LAN IP. Sad

There is a huge Menu about firewall, i guess this is where have to change settings. If anybody know which, it would be really helpful.

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                ██████████████        █████
             █████████████        ████████████
         ██████████████        █████████████
      █████████████        █████████████       ██████
      ██████████        ████████████           ██████
      ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
      ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
      ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
      █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
      █████████████       █████████████        ██████
      ██████████       █████████████           ██████
      ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
      ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
      ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
      ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
      ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
      ██████           █████████████       ██████████
      ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                █████████████       █████████████
             ████████████        █████████████
                 ████         ████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
palawan

Activity: 386

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:04:20 AM

I posted this on the KNC Miner's thread as they have a vulnerability that's resulted in many hacks.  Port-forward on your router is the only thing you need to connect to the Antminer S1, but, it's a huge security risk if you don't do anything to secure it.  See my post below on how I do it:

I'm extremely addicted at looking at my Antminer S1 miner from anywhere, lol.  I have to be able to connect to it from anywhere.  I got a hotspot on my phone...

I still have the default root password of root on my S1, however:

1. My ddwrt router can only be managed remotely from 1 IP address
2. My Antminer S1 can only be managed by 1 IP address
3. My Antminer S1 can only ssh'ed to by 1 IP address
4. Ports 80, 443 or 22 are not the ports to connect to

Amazon EC2 micro instance for free (I think it's still free).  I have paid about $1/month for the past 3 months and it's only because I've exceeded the data transfer quota.  Set one up.  Install OpenVPN on it.  Install PPTP VPN on it (for tablets and cell phones).  This is your personal VPN server and you don't need to pay nobody  (pun intended).  You can use this when using unsecured public wifi.

Choose ubuntu instance.  apt-get the necesary packages. Guides are out there.  EC2 requires opening the necessary ports as well as on the Ubuntu hosts.  If I somehow find the time and feeling energetic I would write a detailed  step-by-step and post it on a webpage, but I doubt it will be anytime soon...

halu
palawan

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:08:21 AM

Do these numbers look strange to anyone? What's up with the found blocks...I am mining at eligius and btcguild with this unit.

what did you do?

Wow!  You have a magic Ant there!  I've never found a single block.  It's a field that I check constantly as I'd like to see one.  You should be solo-mining!   Grin

halu
giletto

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:35:01 AM

what did you do?

Wow!  You have a magic Ant there!  I've never found a single block.  It's a field that I check constantly as I'd like to see one.  You should be solo-mining!   Grin
Hahaha you are right! I just check it at my ants, all 0! WOW amazing he found 152 Blocks! :O

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
giletto

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:43:33 AM

I posted this on the KNC Miner's thread as they have a vulnerability that's resulted in many hacks.  Port-forward on your router is the only thing you need to connect to the Antminer S1, but, it's a huge security risk if you don't do anything to secure it.  See my post below on how I do it:

I'm extremely addicted at looking at my Antminer S1 miner from anywhere, lol.  I have to be able to connect to it from anywhere.  I got a hotspot on my phone...

Amazon EC2 micro instance for free (I think it's still free).  I have paid about $1/month for the past 3 months and it's only because I've exceeded the data transfer quota.  Set one up.  Install OpenVPN on it.  Install PPTP VPN on it (for tablets and cell phones).  This is your personal VPN server and you don't need to pay nobody  (pun intended).  You can use this when using unsecured public wifi.

Choose ubuntu instance.  apt-get the necesary packages. Guides are out there.  EC2 requires opening the necessary ports as well as on the Ubuntu hosts.  If I somehow find the time and feeling energetic I would write a detailed  step-by-step and post it on a webpage, but I doubt it will be anytime soon...
For me it would be not that big security problem to open one port forwarding to each ants. With a strong root pw should not be unsecure...so if anybody can explain how to open the ant for web access via browser? As i say, if i open the 80 port in router, i can access 192.168.1.xxx Router IP plus :80

How to do with another IP instead of 80? And btw, my router forwarding only LAN IP Start Port End Port (for a Range from to) and  Protocol, no forwarding to LAN port.

I guess the trick is in the ant menu, under firewall, but unfortunatelly i am not able to found. :/

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
ineedit

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:53:09 AM

Found Blocks .vs. Best Share does not make any sense. I would check the rankings page on BTCGuild and I would expect that you will see zero found blocks.

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
palawan

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:07:32 AM

For me it would be not that big security problem to open one port forwarding to each ants. With a strong root pw should not be unsecure...so if anybody can explain how to open the ant for web access via browser? As i say, if i open the 80 port in router, i can access 192.168.1.xxx Router IP plus :80

How to do with another IP instead of 80? And btw, my router forwarding only LAN IP Start Port End Port (for a Range from to) and  Protocol, no forwarding to LAN port.

I guess the trick is in the ant menu, under firewall, but unfortunatelly i am not able to found. :/

Your description sounds like Port Range forwarding.

Is there port-forwarding on your router?  You can select TCP (or both), source net 0.0.0.0  (Big danger!!!  Anyone on the internet can connect, which is why I have a single IP address on this one), Port  23456 (anything above 5000 but below 65500) destination IP 192.168.2.99 (the Ant LAN IP you're trying to connect to), port 80 (this has to be 80).

To access the Ant from anywhere in the world,  http://123.45.67.8:23456  where 123.45.67.8  is your router's public WAN port address.  The :23456 tells your router to forward it to the LAN 192.168.2.99 on port 80

Next Ant can be port 23457 and so on....  If your router supports dyn-dns.com  you can register and access name instead of IP address and when your WAN IP address changes, it also changes.

halu
turtle83

Activity: 322

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 08:24:14 AM

For me it would be not that big security problem to open one port forwarding to each ants. With a strong root pw should not be unsecure...

Let me remind you again that this is still very unsecure if you login from unsecure networks, especially public hotspots or unencrypted wifi. Your strong password is transmitted in cleartext and the hotspot operator or ISP (or even anyone in near vicinity in case of open wifi) can see the strong password.

palawan

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:31:33 AM

For me it would be not that big security problem to open one port forwarding to each ants. With a strong root pw should not be unsecure...

Let me remind you again that this is still very unsecure if you login from unsecure networks, especially public hotspots or unencrypted wifi. Your strong password is transmitted in cleartext and the hotspot operator or ISP (or even anyone in near vicinity in case of open wifi) can see the strong password.

+1    Antminer is not encrypted web page.

halu
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:45:03 AM

Ok,stupid question time.................do you have to compile CGminer to use the Antminer Huh

From looking at the OP instructions I don't see anything mentioning compiling or config files.

I have NO luck compiling either in Ubuntu or Win7,so here's hoping the answer is no  Cheesy

Networking,I can muddle thru....... I think  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
palawan

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:58:36 AM

Ok,stupid question time.................do you have to compile CGminer to use the Antminer Huh

From looking at the OP instructions I don't see anything mentioning compiling or config files.

I have NO luck compiling either in Ubuntu or Win7,so here's hoping the answer is no  Cheesy

Networking,I can muddle thru....... I think  Cheesy

Nope, it's really a 15-minute setup if you have everything ready when you receive the miner.  Jumper wire for tricking the PSU, connect to the IP address printed on it, change it to your LAN IP address range, input mining pool credentials.  As long as you get the latest version of S1 iwth the PCIe power built-in so you don't have to strip/solder wires.  Latest firmware also.

The "computer" (really a wifi router) is running an OpenWRT Linux that has cgminer loaded and ready to go.  Web server and ssh server running on it.  Unless you're gonna overclock, no need to ssh to it.  Web interface has the section for setting mining pool/worker/password.

halu
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 09:18:39 AM

It's probably going to be a pain in the ass, but the easiest way to do this is to connect the miner to the router via ethernet cable, login to the router on your computer, get the ip address from the router, and put the ip address into your browser.

Can you log into the miner that way?

When the miner is hooked up to the router, I have no problem logging in, through the browser.  I have all of my settings, but then I get this error:   

Wed Jan 15 20:25:27 2014 daemon.info sysinit: ntpd: bad address '3.openwrt.pool.ntp.org'
Wed Jan 15 20:25:27 2014 daemon.info sysinit: ntpd: could not resolve peer 3.openwrt.pool.ntp.org, skipping
Wed Jan 15 20:25:57 2014 daemon.info sysinit: ntpd: bad address '2.openwrt.pool.ntp.org'
Wed Jan 15 20:25:57 2014 daemon.info sysinit: ntpd: could not resolve peer 2.openwrt.pool.ntp.org, skipping
Wed Jan 15 20:26:27 2014 daemon.info sysinit: ntpd: bad address '1.openwrt.pool.ntp.org'
Wed Jan 15 20:26:27 2014 daemon.info sysinit: ntpd: could not resolve peer 1.openwrt.pool.ntp.org, skipping
Wed Jan 15 20:26:57 2014 daemon.info sysinit: ntpd: bad address '0.openwrt.pool.ntp.org'
Wed Jan 15 20:26:57 2014 daemon.info sysinit: ntpd: could not resolve peer 0.openwrt.pool.ntp.org, skipping
Wed Jan 15 20:27:01 2014 cron.info crond[576]: crond: USER root pid 3633 cmd /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor
Wed Jan 15 20:27:03 2014 daemon.info sysinit: Alarm clock

I went to the troubleshoot and attempted to use those 4 addresses.   I still get those errors. 

When it is hooked up to the computer, it gives that previous error, when i put the miner address in the browser.  Black screen and those letters.

set the DNS to 8.8.8.8

this should be emphasised in the how-to, as it seems to be mandatory rather than optional

This seems to be caused by either people not setting their router's IP address as the primary DNS in antminer's config (thus the router would do DNS forwarding) or when their routers do not support DNS forwarding. I've ran into this issue trying to help some guy in Europe setup his antminer. His router just did not support dns forwarding. Setting the primary DNS to google's (ie 8.8.8.Cool fixes it.

BotwinBG

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:38:16 AM

Found Blocks .vs. Best Share does not make any sense. I would check the rankings page on BTCGuild and I would expect that you will see zero found blocks.

That is what I mean, must be a display bug of a sort.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ineedit

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 11:12:34 AM

That is what I mean, must be a display bug of a sort.

I have only seen a display similar to this when I connected an Ant to a multipool where it was finding blocks for other SHA256 coins, if you are only on  Eligius and BTCGuild then it has to be a bug.

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
giletto

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:47:33 PM

Is there port-forwarding on your router?  You can select TCP (or both), source net 0.0.0.0  (Big danger!!!  Anyone on the internet can connect, which is why I have a single IP address on this one), Port  23456 (anything above 5000 but below 65500) destination IP 192.168.2.99 (the Ant LAN IP you're trying to connect to), port 80 (this has to be 80).

To access the Ant from anywhere in the world,  http://123.45.67.8:23456  where 123.45.67.8  is your router's public WAN port address.  The :23456 tells your router to forward it to the LAN 192.168.2.99 on port 80

Next Ant can be port 23457 and so on....  If your router supports dyn-dns.com  you can register and access name instead of IP address and when your WAN IP address changes, it also changes.
Yes, this is what i was trying, port forwarding. But it work only with port 80. If i use another port, for example port 5100 i can't connect to the ant. That is why i guess, there are some option in the ant firewall to change, but how?  Huh

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
lkthomas

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:51:04 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 02:19:09 PM by lkthomas

guys,  I am trying to connect PCIE with extender cable, after peel off the shield plastic, I realize the copper wire isn't too thick, is it normal? how do I know if the cable is not suitable to use if it's too thin? I can't take a photo as cable is too small for my phone camera to take a clear picture, please advise.

Power supply direct output cable marking: 18AWG

Extender marking: 22AWG

is it ok to use this extender cable?
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:47:05 PM

guys,  I am trying to connect PCIE with extender cable, after peel off the shield plastic, I realize the copper wire isn't too thick, is it normal? how do I know if the cable is not suitable to use if it's too thin? I can't take a photo as cable is too small for my phone camera to take a clear picture, please advise.

Power supply direct output cable marking: 18AWG

Extender marking: 22AWG

is it ok to use this extender cable?

avoid it is my suggestion. it will probably be fine as long as 1 entension per blade, but they will almost certainly get warm.

my experience:
20awg: running 3+ and 3- to each blade gets warm
18awg: running 3 is fine, running 2 is also slightly warm
14awg: running 1 and 1- is sufficient per blade and no warmth.

I would suggest using the thickest cables you can - it is cooler and easier of the PSU (to make wires warm means you're losing several watts between the PSU and the antminer)

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
pjviitas

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:38:43 PM

Yes, this is what i was trying, port forwarding. But it work only with port 80. If i use another port, for example port 5100 i can't connect to the ant. That is why i guess, there are some option in the ant firewall to change, but how?  Huh

I think the internet DNS servers only support public ports.

Common port numbers
Main article: List of TCP and UDP port numbers

The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) is responsible for the global coordination of the DNS Root, IP addressing, and other Internet protocol resources. This includes the registration of commonly used port numbers for well-known Internet services.

The port numbers are divided into three ranges: the well-known ports, the registered ports, and the dynamic or private ports. The well-known ports are those from 0 through 1023. Examples include:

20 & 21: File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
    22: Secure Shell (SSH)
    23: Telnet remote login service
    25: Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)
    53: Domain Name System (DNS) service
    80: Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) used in the World Wide Web
    110: Post Office Protocol (POP3)
    119: Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP)
    143: Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP)
    161: Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
    194: Internet Relay Chat (IRC)
    443: HTTP Secure (HTTPS)
    465: SMTP Secure (SMTPS)

The registered ports are those from 1024 through 49151. IANA maintains the official list.[2] The dynamic or private ports are those from 49152 through 65535. One common use is for ephemeral ports.

So even if you changed the port for a server (the web server on the antminer) there is no way to get it past the gateway on your LAN.

I think the common way for doing this kind of thing is either Telnet, SSH or one of the GUI remote clients like VNC.
NorTiaN

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:43:44 PM

Could somebody point me to where I can get a nice/cheap server rack to fit 6 of these along with corresponding PSU?
Another first time buyer question? How loud r they?... say when compared to a BFL Jalla, a KNC Jupiter ou a 100% load GPU...
Thnks all
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:45:52 PM

At 21 °C room temp, I would say it's noisier than an KnC, but quieter than a typical 2+ GPU rig at full load.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 163 »
  Print  

Jump to: