Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 04:16:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6373 6374 6375 6376 6377 6378 6379 6380 6381 6382 6383 6384 6385 6386 6387 6388 6389 6390 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 [6423] 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722629 times)
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:14:16 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:32:50 PM by mprep

How Cryptocurrencies Like Dash Help the Poor

The cryptocurrency world is awash in libertarians. The underlying nature of cryptocurrencies—decentralized currencies that don’t require a middle-man and can’t be controlled by the government—is music to libertarian ears. A common complaint against libertarians, and therefore against many cryptocurrency advocates, is that they are inherently selfish. Because they don’t advocate for government-sponsored social welfare programs, they don’t care for the poor and those in need. Therefore, cryptocurrency projects are primarily about greed and getting rich.

Is this true? Do cryptocurrency projects exist simply for selfish reasons? And will the rise of cryptocurrency make things even worse for the poor?

K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 02:25:18 PM

is there still something happening to dash???

Dash has around 38 full-time developers on payroll plus many more part-time devs and an awesome roadmap.  What sort of answer are you looking for?

Altcoin advertising spam.

lol, this dude has been trolling Dash and saying it was a scam since it was around $2. it must really hurt missing that life changing opportunity, hopefully he did not scare off and hurt too many other peoples futures with his hate filled anti-Dash rants.
definitely not someone you want to take investment advice from!

I feel sorry for him.  His last post (and each repeat of it) clearly illustrates that he views everything in terms of its "pump value" without any regard for fundamentals, development  or progress.  He's been so indoctrinated with the "pump" mentality of other inward looking coins all vying to be the biggest fish in the tiny crypto pond that he can't even see there's a bigger world out there.  He'll kick himself so hard when he finally sees Dash changing the world that I'm seriously tempted to quote all his posts just to remind him in the future that missing out was all his own fault  Grin
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:51:52 PM

@iCEBREAKER  I have no idea who are you !!!

Ouch..that must have hurt him hard.  How dare you not to know Icy.  Grin
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:28:10 PM

@iCEBREAKER  I have no idea who are you !!!

Ouch..that must have hurt him hard.  How dare you not to know Icy.  Grin

To those who do not know Icey : "Icetroll of the House Monero, the First of His Name, The chilling Unchilled, King of the Fools, Protector of only Himself, Breaker of Truths and Father of Lies".
Hi Icey  Kiss

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:08:16 PM

Dash Force Sponsors, Will Speak At, Freecoast Festival

Dash Force is announced as an official sponsor of the Freecoast Festival, which will include two separate speaking slots.

The Freecoast Festival is an annual event held by the Human Action Foundation in the seacoast region of New Hampshire. Its focus is on a free and voluntary society, entrepreneurship, and innovations such as cryptocurrencies. Dash Force is officially sponsoring the event, which will include as Dash branding on the event’s promotional material, as well as two different speaking slots.
https://www.dashforcenews.com/dash-force-sponsors-will-speak-freecoast-festival/

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:21:04 PM

After reading this post by Evan https://medium.com/@eduffield222/how-to-enabling-on-chain-scaling-2ffab5997f8b It appears that Dash is going to change the way that Dash handles transactions to something more along the lines of EOS with the delegated proof of stake along with the nodes taking turns processing the transactions to make "mining" fair for all participants.

This is obviously a good path forward but a very serious change to the way things operate and also becoming more "centralized" than it currently is

No DPOS, No centralization.

This has been addressed in the comments section.
https://medium.com/@eduffield222/i-looked-up-the-amount-of-nodes-we-presently-have-on-each-server-farm-with-this-url-http-178-88967e634897

Red_Sanford

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:43:54 PM

After reading this post by Evan https://medium.com/@eduffield222/how-to-enabling-on-chain-scaling-2ffab5997f8b It appears that Dash is going to change the way that Dash handles transactions to something more along the lines of EOS with the delegated proof of stake along with the nodes taking turns processing the transactions to make "mining" fair for all participants.

This is obviously a good path forward but a very serious change to the way things operate and also becoming more "centralized" than it currently is

I didn't read anything of the sort in that piece... Evan talks about scaling the hardware a MN runs on such that the network can process very large (several 100 MB) mined blocks. There nothing in there implying that DASH is not going to be proof of work in the future. Collateralized mining is discussed as well, but not only have the details of that not been explained to the community -- it was recently removed from the roadmap (presumably pushed back to focus on Evolution).

Can you quote the section that where "delegated proof of stake" or something similar is mentioned?

This is from the medium article. This is nothing but mincing of words. Collateralized mining is Staking
The basic premise of collateralized mining is to require collateralization and a special mining key which is associated with each masternode to be able to mine a block. Each masternode is then capable only of mining a specific amount of blocks per period of time, creating a round robin mining effect across the network.

This is how EOS will operate:
Many producers are selected and given a round-robin rotation for a round of blocks, thus creating a competitive market within the round, ensuring overall reliability, and resolving forks.   source: https://steemit.com/eos/@iang/seeking-consensus-on-consensus-dpos-or-delegated-proof-of-stake-and-the-two-generals-problem
The difference being that bad acting producers can be voted out. What measures are in place to prohibit bad acting masternodes ? Would the masternodes vote themselves to remove a bad actor ?

As we mature, masternodes become bigger boxes that require a specific set of specifications, for example they’ll require a high-end cpus, high-end graphics cards, a disk array and low-latency networking. It seems to me that we should be able to do that from outside of co-locations even, building our own farms at various dash centers / offices, allowing our own decentralized co-location services. souce: https://medium.com/@eduffield222/i-looked-up-the-amount-of-nodes-we-presently-have-on-each-server-farm-with-this-url-http-178-88967e634897

This sounds more centralized than decentralized.

Not trying to create FUD  I am a dash holder, investor and part time evangalist

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

germsite

Activity: 1009
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:49:48 PM

I didn't read anything of the sort in that piece... Evan talks about scaling the hardware a MN runs on such that the network can process very large (several 100 MB) mined blocks. There nothing in there implying that DASH is not going to be proof of work in the future. Collateralized mining is discussed as well, but not only have the details of that not been explained to the community -- it was recently removed from the roadmap (presumably pushed back to focus on Evolution).

Can you quote the section that where "delegated proof of stake" or something similar is mentioned?

This is from the medium article. This is nothing but mincing of words. Collateralized mining is Staking
The basic premise of collateralized mining is to require collateralization and a special mining key which is associated with each masternode to be able to mine a block. Each masternode is then capable only of mining a specific amount of blocks per period of time, creating a round robin mining effect across the network.

Many producers are selected and given a round-robin rotation for a round of blocks, thus creating a competitive market within the round, ensuring overall reliability, and resolving forks.   source: https://steemit.com/eos/@iang/seeking-consensus-on-consensus-dpos-or-delegated-proof-of-stake-and-the-two-generals-problem
The difference being that bad acting producers can be voted out. What measures are in place to prohibit bad acting masternodes ? Would the masternodes vote themselves to remove a bad actor ?

As we mature, masternodes become bigger boxes that require a specific set of specifications, for example they’ll require a high-end cpus, high-end graphics cards, a disk array and low-latency networking. It seems to me that we should be able to do that from outside of co-locations even, building our own farms at various dash centers / offices, allowing our own decentralized co-location services. souce: https://medium.com/@eduffield222/i-looked-up-the-amount-of-nodes-we-presently-have-on-each-server-farm-with-this-url-http-178-88967e634897

If anybody finds the time and is qualified, I'd be more than happy to see these questions answered. I think those are also throwing up valid concerns.
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:01:52 PM

Repeating myself... The details of exactly how collateralized mining may work have not been released AND it is currently not on the roadmap (which by the way covers the next two years or so). If Evan wants to do another Medium post to clear things up I am all for it, but I don't see the point in guessing at a feature that is years off based on sparse public information.
mt55

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:51:35 PM

Finally Dash is being appreciated by the market. This is totally surprising for some people who were not connected to this thread but it was obvious to happen after all. I like after quick rise market made small correction to stabilize the floor before keep advancing to skies. Dash is good hedge against volatility happening in many markets right now.

I have been following Dash for a long time, but haven't really looked into PIVX (which I found out about recently). Could anyone quickly provide a short intro in how far these coins are different?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:53:23 AM

Pivx basically copied Dash omitting some of the best bits.  Dash has all the talent, the innovation, the vision, the business integrations and the merchants.
solowhizkid

Activity: 494
Merit: 252

Warning: ICEBreaker on this Forum is a troll!

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:56:03 AM

Dash, BlockCypher team up for blockchain-focused grant program

http://www.econotimes.com/Dash-BlockCypher-team-up-for-blockchain-focused-grant-program-866867

#dash_force
solowhizkid

Activity: 494
Merit: 252

Warning: ICEBreaker on this Forum is a troll!

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:16:41 AM

Mailbox: ‘How I earn R50k per month by mining cryptocurrency’

http://www.biznews.com/mailbox/2017/08/24/earn-mining-cryptocurrency/

#dash_force

Charles T.

Activity: 173
Merit: 101

PR Manager at Crypto Economy

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 11:53:24 AM

http://www.crypto-economy.net/dash-will-host-its-first-world-conference/?lang=en

Dash will Host its First World Conference

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬       Cryptocurrency News at Crypto Economy       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬      News    ●    Mining Profitability Calculator    ●    Countdown Calendar    ●    Facebook    ●    Twitter       ▬▬▬
DARKHOLDER

Activity: 659
Merit: 500

Zepher is scammer!:)

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:05:56 PM

is there still something happening to dash???

Enjoy! Cool https://cointelegraph.com/news/dash-hosting-dedicated-conference-in-london-this-september-promises-major-announcements
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:08:54 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:32:44 PM by mprep

Commerce 101: Niche Marketing / Tradeshows

Except for the early adopter “crypto” people Dash is still in the chicken and egg level of adoption.  There are too few “general audience” vendors and nowhere near enough “regular people” using Dash to make it anything close to mainstream.  Many of my recent articles show the scarcity of systems that a retail location can use to accept Dash as part of their normal workflow.  While Dash is making some progress in gaining new ways to switch from fiat cash to digital cash it is not near enough.  We need to be working on both sides of this equation.

Sure it would be great if Coinbase starts trading Dash – but it will still take up to 10 days to go from my checking account to Coinbase before I can buy Dash.  We need more local solutions like ATM’s and other vendors like some new Dash funded debit cards.

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:16:30 PM

Dash-BlockCypher Partnership to Provide Grants for Business Integration

Dash is partnering with BlockCypher to provide grants to businesses seeking to integrate with blockchain technology, Dash in particular.

The grant will provide integration, consulting, and support for companies wishing to start using blockchain technology. According to Dash Core CEO Ryan Taylor, this grant will essentially codify ongoing practices for assisting businesses in integration cryptocurrency.
https://www.dashforcenews.com/dash-blockcypher-partnership-provide-grants-business-integration/

afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 12:28:19 AM

Pink channel continues to define price of Dash in terms of bitcoin. Last bounce at bottom of channel was a great buying op. Lets see if Dash tests the top of the channel again, currently just shy of 0.1

Joyawan13

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

elysian.finance

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:10:07 AM

DASHcoin is now already starting up again my prediction this month Dashcoin will go up and maybe that still have a lot of BTC balance there may be some of the balance will be bought in the dash
Just calm the traders may be a lot of yesterday's moon trapped, it could be next month we will get out of the trap.

Asyifiah

Activity: 658
Merit: 262

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:25:34 AM

Thanks for the latest news updates from master NibiruHybrid and MasterMined710.  This might be a good time to buy before DASH goes to the moon. Hopefully I still have not missed the train.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 6373 6374 6375 6376 6377 6378 6379 6380 6381 6382 6383 6384 6385 6386 6387 6388 6389 6390 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 [6423] 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: