Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:59:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BAMT version 0.5 - Easy USB based mining Linux with farm wide management tools  (Read 324103 times)
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 12:33:58 AM

I've perused this thread, searched, and messed up my BAMT configs a few times now. I've succumbed to asking here, so... Is there any documentation on how to get the whole farm's status showing on one machine?  I can't seem to get all of my machines to show up on a single machine's web status page...  Giga, I know you've somehow managed to get your farm showing, any tips/tricks/info on how you did this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fourd00rgtz

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 02:02:20 AM

Playing around with BAMT, I found a strange bug.

When I have a monitor plugged in, and I'm fooling around in BAMT, if I unplug the monitor, it makes BAMT crash. Here's what munin shows when I connect to the rig:

__.....__ .' ':, / __ _ __ \\ | |_)) || |_))|| | | \\ || | || | || _, | status.pl ||.-(_{} | |/ ` | ,_ (;|/) \\| {}_)-,||` \\;/,,;;;;;;;,\\|//, .;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;, ,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,// \\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,// ,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;' One of the BAMT tools has suffered a fatal error. Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at /usr/lib/cgi-bin/status.pl line 88. Defiled: Unable to record this travesty in the deathlog! Why?: Permission denied

If I never plug a monitor in BAMT and I boot the rig, everything's fine. It only occurs when BAMT is started and I plug and unplug the monitor. If I want to plug back the monitor to check what happens in BAMT, it start working again without problems.

I use the 0.5c version of BAMT.

This confused the hell out of me for a while until I managed to figure it out as you have. 

Gadzeuks is that what does it? Nice to know... The monitor shall stay unplugged unless needed.
Brunic

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 02:17:50 AM

When I have a monitor plugged in, and I'm fooling around in BAMT, if I unplug the monitor, it makes BAMT crash. Here's what munin shows when I connect to the rig:

__.....__ .' ':, / __ _ __ \\ | |_)) || |_))|| | | \\ || | || | || _, | status.pl ||.-(_{} | |/ ` | ,_ (;|/) \\| {}_)-,||` \\;/,,;;;;;;;,\\|//, .;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;, ,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,// \\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,// ,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;' One of the BAMT tools has suffered a fatal error. Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at /usr/lib/cgi-bin/status.pl line 88. Defiled: Unable to record this travesty in the deathlog! Why?: Permission denied

If I never plug a monitor in BAMT and I boot the rig, everything's fine. It only occurs when BAMT is started and I plug and unplug the monitor. If I want to plug back the monitor to check what happens in BAMT, it start working again without problems.

This confused the hell out of me for a while until I managed to figure it out as you have. 

Gadzeuks is that what does it? Nice to know... The monitor shall stay unplugged unless needed.

If you get the bug again, just reboot your rig without plugging a monitor in it.
likuidxd

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 02:44:38 AM

I've perused this thread, searched, and messed up my BAMT configs a few times now. I've succumbed to asking here, so... Is there any documentation on how to get the whole farm's status showing on one machine?  I can't seem to get all of my machines to show up on a single machine's web status page...  Giga, I know you've somehow managed to get your farm showing, any tips/tricks/info on how you did this?

In putty, connect to one of your rigs and type mgpumon

likuidxd

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 02:50:36 AM

Having a strange issue with my rigs today.

Card clocks seem to randomly change, in both directions.
Each rig houses 3 5970s running at 725/250, I noticed to my clocks are jumping all over the board. I randomly have on GPU clocked at 820/300 on one rig and on another, 5 GPUs clocked to 725/1000 and the sixth at 750/250. I did not change these clocks and they have never been set to that.

dropt
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 05:20:49 AM

In putty, connect to one of your rigs and type mgpumon

I've got do_mgpumon: 1  set in bamt.conf on one miner.  If I browse to each machine's individual IP, the web interface works as expected, but the one running do_mgpumon: 1 isn't listing anything but it's own stats.  I should mention that the IP's are statically set on the 192.168.2.x subnet vs the std. 192.168.0.x
Definit

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 05:32:54 AM

Having a strange issue with my rigs today.

Card clocks seem to randomly change, in both directions.
Each rig houses 3 5970s running at 725/250, I noticed to my clocks are jumping all over the board. I randomly have on GPU clocked at 820/300 on one rig and on another, 5 GPUs clocked to 725/1000 and the sixth at 750/250. I did not change these clocks and they have never been set to that.

sounds like you overclocked them too much... and your rig/bamt doesn't like it.

reduce your clocks, typically 800/300 works best for all my 5970's...

then try removing the noOCGPUx file:

: cd /live/image/BAMT/CONTROL/ACTIVE

: ls

(it will display the files needed to be removed, n then you follow by typing for each one)

: rm noOCGPUx

once done editing your .config, and removing each one of those files...

go back to gpumon, stop mining, start mining.

hope that helps, as it did for me from. (thanks to Spilrow for schoolin me on that :-) ).

jme621

Activity: 360

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 10:08:27 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76436.msg864059#msg864059

that what you need?
Nancarrow

Activity: 492

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 10:21:03 AM

Yeah, many of us have had this problem and, as you found out, you mustn't unplug a monitor while BAMT is running. Actually I think it may be a driver issue.

What you may not grok is what that string of punctuation symbols is all about. So I checked through the author's perl scripts. It turns out that if you put appropriate line breaks in and use a fixed width font (which your average web browser does not do, hence the garbling), that's actually a tombstone rendered in ascii art. Because status.pl has died. Geddit?

If I've said anything amusing and/or informative and you're feeling generous:
1GNJq39NYtf7cn2QFZZuP5vmC1mTs63rEW
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 02:12:09 PM

Yeah, many of us have had this problem and, as you found out, you mustn't unplug a monitor while BAMT is running. Actually I think it may be a driver issue.

What you may not grok is what that string of punctuation symbols is all about. So I checked through the author's perl scripts. It turns out that if you put appropriate line breaks in and use a fixed width font (which your average web browser does not do, hence the garbling), that's actually a tombstone rendered in ascii art. Because status.pl has died. Geddit?
Ohhh, now I see. I was wondering, because it didn't look particularly random.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
likuidxd

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 04:00:16 PM

sounds like you overclocked them too much... and your rig/bamt doesn't like it.

reduce your clocks, typically 800/300 works best for all my 5970's...

then try removing the noOCGPUx file:

: cd /live/image/BAMT/CONTROL/ACTIVE

: ls

(it will display the files needed to be removed, n then you follow by typing for each one)

: rm noOCGPUx

once done editing your .config, and removing each one of those files...

go back to gpumon, stop mining, start mining.

hope that helps, as it did for me from. (thanks to Spilrow for schoolin me on that :-) ).

I don't OC my cards, 800/300 is a fairly high OC. It was just one of those weird things that happens every once in a while with no reason or explanation. Started with fresh images across the farm today.

lodcrappo (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 04:56:50 PM

If you are using the shell, you see something like:

__.....__ 
                   .'         ':,
                  /  __  _  __  \\
                  | |_)) || |_))||
                  | | \\ || |   ||
                  |             ||   _,
                  |    mother   ||.-(_{}
                  |             |/    `
                  |        ,_ (;|/)
                \\|       {}_)-,||`
                \\;/,,;;;;;;;,\\|//,
               .;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,   
              ,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,// 
             \\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,// 
            ,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'   

One of the BAMT tools has suffered a fatal error.

anyway, don't plug/unplug monitors.  it breaks things.  nobody knows why, but everybody knows you should never plug a monitor into bamt anyway.  you're wasting your time doing that.

dropt
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 07:55:31 PM

that what you need?

That helped, thank-you.  I needed to do to this, as well I had to change the cidr_allow from 192.168.0.0/16 to 192.168.2.0/16 in munin-node.conf
lodcrappo (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 08:08:48 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2012, 08:22:30 PM by lodcrappo

I've perused this thread, searched, and messed up my BAMT configs a few times now. I've succumbed to asking here, so... Is there any documentation on how to get the whole farm's status showing on one machine?  I can't seem to get all of my machines to show up on a single machine's web status page...  Giga, I know you've somehow managed to get your farm showing, any tips/tricks/info on how you did this?

that what you need?

That helped, thank-you.  I needed to do to this, as well I had to change the cidr_allow from 192.168.0.0/16 to 192.168.2.0/16 in munin-node.conf

that doesn't make any sense, 192.168.0.0/16 and 192.168.2.0/16 are exactly the same thing.

ps - also, mgpumon doesn't use munin at all, so I sincerely doubt changing the munin config made any difference.

jaybones

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 04:01:26 AM

Well i ran into a problem and still noob at linux..
one of my miner stop working after 2 months no problems..

I tryed to restart miners..
And i get error message saying i ran out of disk space

I'm guessing this from web logs filling up...
it wont even let me delete something
i get error no space for trash can  Sad

Any idea's..
or should i just wipe the 2g flash with clean copy?

jay
TheHarbinger

Activity: 378

Why is it so damn hot in here?

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 06:28:47 AM

Well i ran into a problem and still noob at linux..
one of my miner stop working after 2 months no problems..

I tryed to restart miners..
And i get error message saying i ran out of disk space

I'm guessing this from web logs filling up...
it wont even let me delete something
i get error no space for trash can  Sad

Any idea's..
or should i just wipe the 2g flash with clean copy?

jay
Your USB key may have crapped out.  Try a new install, if it still does it, your key is borked.

12Um6jfDE7q6crm1s6tSksMvda8s1hZ3Vj
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 11:13:18 PM

My rig keeps hanging up on me. Have to restart it every few days. Just logged in via Putty, and saw this error:

Code:
xauth: (argv):1:  merge:  unable to open file /home/user/.Xauthority

How do I fix it? Also, what are the commands to restart, and also shutdown linux? I found this command online:
Code:
shutdown -r now
That seems to restart, but I can't find a Shut Down command.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
lodcrappo (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 11:17:15 PM

My http://bit.ly/IOdhFArig keeps hanging up on me. Have to restart it every few days. Just logged in via Putty, and saw this error:

Code:

How do I fix it?

Reduce your overclocking.

Also, what are the commands to restart, and also shutdown linux? I found this command online:
Code:
shutdown -r now
That seems to restart, but I can't find a Shut Down command.

http://bit.ly/IOdhFA
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 11:33:43 PM

My http://bit.ly/IOdhFArig keeps hanging up on me. Have to restart it every few days. Just logged in via Putty, and saw this error:

Code:

How do I fix it?

Thanks! Now OCing might have caused this particular error, but my rig still hangs on stock settings. Using an old MSi K9VGM-V

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
lodcrappo (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 11:35:15 PM

Code:

How do I fix it?

Thanks! Now OCing might have caused this particular error, but my rig still hangs on stock settings. Using an old MSi K9VGM-V

bad hardware then.  nothing in software will fix that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: