Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:38:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 [942] 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032138 times)
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 03:38:05 AM

“We couldn’t imagine what’s happening in our worst nightmare even a year ago,” Shvetsov, who oversees financial markets at the central bank, said yesterday.

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-16/russia-crisis-hits-pimco-fund-wipes-out-options-as-ruble-sinks.html

I've been warning  about this shit for months now right here.  The charts have been forecasting this. Get yourselves to safety.

"He said the surprise interest-rate increase in the middle of the night, a 6.5 percentage-point move that failed to stem the run on the ruble yesterday"

This proves that central banks cannot control the value of a currency.  Eventually the USD should have the same fate.

they certainly do seem to be able to bully it around for certain time periods; often longer than we can imagine.  but you're right, every once in a while they do lose control and things get ugly.  i find it very suspicious that Bitcoin popped up organically in 2009, right after the crisis.  it sure seems like it is poised to radically change the game.

Those bully tactics won't work if the majority of their populace decide that a better alternative exists.  The more and more central banks intervene, the more and more the fiat ledger gets distorted.  Eventually you lose track of who owes who and it becomes nearly impossible to value assets, which seems to near where we are today.  Of course this could be another head fake... or it could be the collapse we have all been looking for.

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 04:01:40 AM

“We couldn’t imagine what’s happening in our worst nightmare even a year ago,” Shvetsov, who oversees financial markets at the central bank, said yesterday.

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-16/russia-crisis-hits-pimco-fund-wipes-out-options-as-ruble-sinks.html

I've been warning  about this shit for months now right here.  The charts have been forecasting this. Get yourselves to safety.

"He said the surprise interest-rate increase in the middle of the night, a 6.5 percentage-point move that failed to stem the run on the ruble yesterday"

This proves that central banks cannot control the value of a currency.  Eventually the USD should have the same fate.

they certainly do seem to be able to bully it around for certain time periods; often longer than we can imagine.  but you're right, every once in a while they do lose control and things get ugly.  i find it very suspicious that Bitcoin popped up organically in 2009, right after the crisis.  it sure seems like it is poised to radically change the game.

Those bully tactics won't work if the majority of their populace decide that a better alternative exists.  The more and more central banks intervene, the more and more the fiat ledger gets distorted.  Eventually you lose track of who owes who and it becomes nearly impossible to value assets, which seems to near where we are today.  Of course this could be another head fake... or it could be the collapse we have all been looking for.

yeah, this one looks highly suspicious to me.  we never fixed anything in 2008, only made it worse with multiple QE's and more debt.

Greek debt is imploding along with the already imploded Argentinian & Cyprus debt.  the one that really makes this one suspicious is the currency failures we're seeing in Russia, Argentina, Venezuela, and Brazil.  we're getting down to the basic units of finance that are failing. 

on top of that, the failure of gold and silver to hold up over the last few years continues and imo is leading everything down.  i can't think of no better timing for a Black Swan like Bitcoin to have landed on the scene.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 04:21:09 AM

obligations the must continue to be paid no matter the current environment.
This is false. The only question is where is the breaking point (and how close to it we are), not whether there is one.

"Trends that can't continue, won't"

... too much of a good thing will never be good for you.

tell that to the 0.1%
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 04:25:18 AM

- US bonds flows (or the lack of)

It will be very interesting to you.

Is there anything specific related to current bond flows to look at? I'm curious.

If you are responding and saying that during the next crisis the US gov will have difficulty funding operations, I'd suggest that the paradox of debt-based money will ensure the government remains funded at least for the next cycle and probably for some time.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 04:31:09 AM

they certainly do seem to be able to bully it around for certain time periods; often longer than we can imagine. 

Yup. I suspect the US will be able to wiggle out of any of these crises (or at least, weather the storm better than anyone else) until China (or whoever) is strong enough to use the opportunity to try/force a geopolitical shift. China's GDP has another 2x-4x to go before aggressively unseating the dollar wouldn't simply hurt them too much.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
HeliKopterBen

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 04:31:14 AM

yeah, this one looks highly suspicious to me.  we never fixed anything in 2008, only made it worse with multiple QE's and more debt.

Greek debt is imploding along with the already imploded Argentinian & Cyprus debt.  the one that really makes this one suspicious is the currency failures we're seeing in Russia, Argentina, Venezuela, and Brazil.  we're getting down to the basic units of finance that are failing. 

on top of that, the failure of gold and silver to hold up over the last few years continues and imo is leading everything down.  i can't think of no better timing for a Black Swan like Bitcoin to have landed on the scene.

It definitely looks primed.  Hash rate 50x higher than a year ago.  Tx rates at all time high.  Huge bull flag generated for over a year.  Third largest company in the world now accepts bitcoin.  Eight thousand locations in argentina now exchange pesos for bitcoin.  The last mini rally (ending nov 11) coincided with the highest total weekly exchange volume ever in bitcoin history (over 6 million coins traded vs just over 3 million at the previous record in nov 2013!).  And world fiat currencies may be on the brink of collapse.  The stage is set.  

The only caveat is ripple has showed surprising strength lately. Shocked

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:07:52 AM

It definitely looks primed.  Hash rate 50x higher than a year ago.  Tx rates at all time high.  Huge bull flag generated for over a year.  Third largest company in the world now accepts bitcoin.  Eight thousand locations in argentina now exchange pesos for bitcoin.  The last mini rally (ending nov 11) coincided with the highest total weekly exchange volume ever in bitcoin history (over 6 million coins traded vs just over 3 million at the previous record in nov 2013!).  And world fiat currencies may be on the brink of collapse.  The stage is set.  

The only caveat is ripple has showed surprising strength lately. Shocked

yeah, Ripple and Stellar.  what the heck is that?  esp after Stellar contracted down to one node?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:57:24 AM

yeah, Ripple and Stellar.  what the heck is that?  esp after Stellar contracted down to one node?

Don't forget that centralized systems are still thousands of times bigger than bitcoin. So there is a big market potentially even if the whole thing runs entirely on one node.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 07:18:52 AM

i find it very suspicious that Bitcoin popped up organically in 2009, right after the crisis.

Suspicious how? Satoshi's rhetoric (right down to the genesis block quote) was clearly directed right at the heart of the crisis. Whether that was really a motivation for the project or opportunistic marketing is unclear though.

suspicious in the sense of "fate".  or, as in, perfect timing. 

suspicious as in "a cash payment is a suspicious transaction"?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 08:19:44 AM

i find it very suspicious that Bitcoin popped up organically in 2009, right after the crisis.

Suspicious how? Satoshi's rhetoric (right down to the genesis block quote) was clearly directed right at the heart of the crisis. Whether that was really a motivation for the project or opportunistic marketing is unclear though.

The project had been in the works for a long time...the design and plans were complete at least 4 years previous, but not any code then.  So my overwhelming emotion is one of gratitude rather than suspicion.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:18:37 AM

The project had been in the works for a long time...the design and plans were complete at least 4 years previous, but not any code then.  So my overwhelming emotion is one of gratitude rather than suspicion.

Yes absolutely. I  only said that figuratively. More as an indictment of what might be starting in the real capital markets.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:27:44 AM

Don't forget that centralized systems are still thousands of times bigger than bitcoin. So there is a big market potentially even if the whole thing runs entirely on one node.

Yeah but the rally started on or near the time of the stellar fork and retrenchment to one node which should have been a huge indictment against their entire concept of consensus.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:43:53 AM

Yeah but the rally started on or near the time of the stellar fork and retrenchment to one node which should have been a huge indictment against their entire concept of consensus.

What I'm saying is that decentralization might be irrelevant to their whole business model. Imagine Ripple can develop into something like Visa. Totally centralized but who cares. Market cap $160 billion.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 10:14:35 AM

totally. The ripple concept in its current form died when Stellar forked ... this latest pump seems like a desperate attempt to get out by the insiders before it goes to its NAV, now proven to be worthless.

bambou

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:13:14 PM

yeah, Ripple and Stellar.  what the heck is that?  esp after Stellar contracted down to one node?

totally. The ripple concept in its current form died when Stellar forked ... this latest pump seems like a desperate attempt to get out by the insiders before it goes to its NAV, now proven to be worthless.

i dont think they'll disappear. you could think of ripple as an analogy with macdonald. its plain shit, yet there is a lot of people going for it. hence once bitcoin to become mainstream (if ever, as i dont believe mainstream attention to be the key of bitcoin's long term success), ripple may play a role in the democratization of cryptocurrencies with traditional banking partners and their quite impressive business network. because masses are just dumb, twerking all around, and neither you or bitcoin will change this.

Non inultus premor
HeliKopterBen

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:47:32 PM

Ripple is basically a patch for the legacy banking system, improving upon payment networks such as ACH and SWIFT.  This may be viable for a while but the entire legacy banking system needs to be completely replaced IMO.

tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 07:07:25 PM

Brian Kelly on Ruble, Gold, UST and what comes next.

http://briankellycap.tumblr.com/post/105449023922/the-ruble-is-the-latest-battle-in-the-global
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 08:15:07 PM

Ripple is basically a patch for the legacy banking system, improving upon payment networks such as ACH and SWIFT.  This may be viable for a while but the entire legacy banking system needs to be completely replaced IMO.
They have a few centuries head start and are pretty well entrenched.  It is a longshot.

But just maybe the force is with us.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 08:35:38 PM

They have a few centuries head start and are pretty well entrenched.  It is a longshot.

But just maybe the force is with us.

i'm actually looking forward to the XboxOne even tho its for my high schooler and his friends.  do they even make Star Wars games for it?
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 08:41:45 PM

i'm actually looking forward to the XboxOne even tho its for my high schooler and his friends.  do they even make Star Wars games for it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnaNYXVch8s

Pages: « 1 ... 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 [942] 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: