Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 01:21:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 [1142] 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032126 times)
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:17:24 PM

I would like to point out this article on self defence. Self defence can be executed on every level, for example to protect the value of your savings by diversification and using sound money. But ultimately, the pressure, theft and coercion comes down to one individual using force to violate another's rights, therefore called violation of rights, or just violence.

Self defence is a mirror of rights, and you can not have the one without the other. This is broken down in this splendidly written short article by Major Caudill (can be found many places on the net):

http://whatonearthishappening.com/images/stories/woeih/podcast/190/The-Gun-Is-Civilization.pdf

I get some points of your argumentation. It is essential to the world view of separation (me and the others). Philosophy, physics and neuroscience show, that there is no separartion of me and the "sorrounding" enviroment. In this (broader) world view, you have to rethink the concept of life as a whole. This is why I think. The gun is just an evolutionary step, that has a role to play, but not so much in the way you (or your argumentation suggest it to). At least not in the long-term. You look for a crooked stick, if you want guns to be the big equalizer of our society.

If you do not recognize the separation between yourself and others, a lot of discourse falls into irrelevance, but I am not there... You can not distinguish the mugger and yourself, so there is no difference whether you die, or he. Hmm, does that make sense?

The separation between "you" and "me" and some say even "death" is constructed by your and my mind. That's all. Draw your own conclusions what this might mean for our interaction. Of course my mind is able to distinguish between the concept of "me" and "you". This is exactly, why I can follow your argumentation in parts.

a solipsist
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
8up

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:30:01 PM

I would like to point out this article on self defence. Self defence can be executed on every level, for example to protect the value of your savings by diversification and using sound money. But ultimately, the pressure, theft and coercion comes down to one individual using force to violate another's rights, therefore called violation of rights, or just violence.

Self defence is a mirror of rights, and you can not have the one without the other. This is broken down in this splendidly written short article by Major Caudill (can be found many places on the net):

http://whatonearthishappening.com/images/stories/woeih/podcast/190/The-Gun-Is-Civilization.pdf

I get some points of your argumentation. It is essential to the world view of separation (me and the others). Philosophy, physics and neuroscience show, that there is no separartion of me and the "sorrounding" enviroment. In this (broader) world view, you have to rethink the concept of life as a whole. This is why I think. The gun is just an evolutionary step, that has a role to play, but not so much in the way you (or your argumentation suggest it to). At least not in the long-term. You look for a crooked stick, if you want guns to be the big equalizer of our society.

If you do not recognize the separation between yourself and others, a lot of discourse falls into irrelevance, but I am not there... You can not distinguish the mugger and yourself, so there is no difference whether you die, or he. Hmm, does that make sense?

The separation between "you" and "me" and some say even "death" is constructed by your and my mind. That's all. Draw your own conclusions what this might mean for our interaction. Of course my mind is able to distinguish between the concept of "me" and "you". This is exactly, why I can follow your argumentation in parts.

a solipsist

? I am not sure if solipsimus is acurately describing, what I stated. Why do you think so? I am not saying, my mind is the only "true/real" interpretation/perspective. It's just one of many.

Always wrong until not.
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:35:14 PM

a solipsist

? I am not sure if solipsimus is acurately describing, what I stated. Why do you think so? I am not saying, my mind is the only "true/real" interpretation/perspective. It's just one of many.

You don't need self defence, because you are already dead.

I advocate self defence. You can answer on this if you want to get the last word. I don't want to play further.

8up

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:49:35 PM

a solipsist

You don't need self defence, because you are already dead.

I advocate self defence. You can answer on this if you want to get the last word. I don't want to play further.

Word! It was off-topic anyway.  Wink

Always wrong until not.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 01:53:41 PM

Dow - 237.

That's nice.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:02:11 PM

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:11:15 PM

threatening once again:

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 03:25:32 PM

You realize that this is factually incorrect.  Science, and specifically philosophy and physics are all about making distinctions between things.
(Either that, or because I realize it is incorrect... and you aren't separate from me... than you also realize it. because you are me.)

Game over.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:13:58 PM

You got it, but it's much deeper than you think. The mugger is a result of being separated from his environment, justification and systematic rules that keep it so, address only the symptom of the problem.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:38:43 PM

Dow -285

nice.
BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:56:16 PM

That was annoying.
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:36:54 PM

What was once old is now new again.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-04-17/let-it-blow-their-faces-rather-ours

What gets stuffed into the Wall-Street sausage maker on the American side are dollar-denominated risky “leveraged loans” – loans issued without collateral by over-indebted junk-rated companies. Banks slice and dice these leveraged loans, lumped them together into Collateralized Loan Obligations, and sell them to other financial institutions. These CLOs are then repackaged and peppered with derivatives to hedge against currency fluctuations.That’s what goes into the sausage maker.

What comes out of the sausage maker on the Japanese side are plump-looking, yen-denominated, highly rated bonds.

Wall Street is doing the exact same thing again, only this time exporting CLOs to overseas investors.

The only question that really matters is when these CLOs blow up (again), will they be bailed out and if so who will bail them out. Will the FED step in and bail out overseas investors? Or since US voters are not taking the hit this time will the FED say screw it? If the FED does nothing will the BOJ step in and bail out their investors? And if so what mechanisms would the BOJ have to use to bailout US based debt?

Or will the public wake up and start demanding assets that do no have any counter party risk?
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:43:51 PM

More and more people are getting into Bitcoin. And this is from just my own personal contacts. There is no doubt in my mind. It's spreading.
Hyperjacked
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 03:35:58 AM

The Science Is Settled!!!

Is Economics a science now?
The results just seem to be for sale to the highest bidders.
The international war on cash is accelerating.

What's next?...fine art, rare goods, will only exist in registries with a bank?
After cash is banned, it's likely gold will be next. They tried it once before and this time they will succeed. While nations are trying to repatriate their gold and Wall Street issues paper gold, physical gold itself will be under attack.

Well, I think their goal is not just to make life miserable, but to actually end it. It is illogical (to me, I am open to ideas!) that the Matrix-type total slavery as just the provider of energy without free will, movement etc would be the final goal.

- They don't need it. Robotics can provide all the stuff that is needed, at max the "needed" amount of human servants could be a few times the population of the masters.
- If possible, to avoid retaliation, as much people as possible should be killed at once, once the killing begins. They can always be let multiply afterwards when control is easier.
- It has never happened in history that a country build concentration camps and they will not soon be filled with dissidents. (Or think of prisons if camp feels too bad.) Never. They have always been "correct" in estimating the "need"  Tongue This is a dire warning to the thinking people in the USA. According to historical evidence, you are targeted for extermination. Reversing the course of the tide is wishwork, battling against it may in some cases be heroic, but escaping it is not very stupid either.

To not sound repetitive, I repeat:

The implicit goal in the actions that the money masters are doing, is total control and enslavement of mankind. It is already much further than most readers are able to understand.

If that wasn't enough, they also have the explicit goal of killing off at least 90% of all people. While they have had the goal for decades at least, the reality has gone to the opposite direction. It is quite plausible that since reaching the total control of mankind enables killing off 90%, and both are the goals, one would follow the other.

People are deficient in logic since they cannot comprehend this, drugged in the mind since they don't care about this, and hopelessly conditioned to lick their money masters' a$$ since they believe that this would not happen even though their masters say it will, and the people themselves are assisting it by staying in their jobs, in their tyrannical countries, not speaking out, not helping their neighbor when he is targeted, ...

The only thing required for evil to triumph is that the good men do nothing.

I am disappointed that the prosperity of the 1960s in the USA created a generation that has allowed all their liberties taken away from them in 50 years, and soon their life as well.

One of the saddest things i ever saw was Detroit after the auto industry debacle...they outsourced the jobs and killed the middle class with one click of the mouse imho!The fed used to lower rates if unemployed rose which fired up the mfg creating more jobs and lowering employment again...yada yada yada! Now the fed lost a trick out of the bag because of corporate greed!!! But hey what do I know? Chef thinks I'm a creeper as my daughter jax would say!
Peace and love....and remember peace excels all thought! Night!

@Hyperjacked1 Twitter
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:46:52 AM

Somebody's gonna have a problem:

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:04:47 AM

Ltc still didnt hit target it will be dragged down till it does
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 10:19:21 PM

Russia is still buying  Smiley

NotHatinJustTrollin

Activity: 462
Merit: 107

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 11:23:59 PM

Is that Coinbase?

The same entity put a similar amount on the ask side, so...

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:48:52 PM

So sickening:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/fbi-overstated-forensic-hair-matches-in-nearly-all-criminal-trials-for-decades/2015/04/18/39c8d8c6-e515-11e4-b510-962fcfabc310_story.html
shmadz
Legendary

@theshmadz

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 02:06:01 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2015, 02:16:20 AM by shmadz

Scandalous. Not surprising, but still, this is the kind of thing people should go to jail for, or at least get fired...

however, I expect no one involved in this scandal will even receive so much as a suspension.

Modern justice at its best.

< tinfoil hat time - this is probably intentionally leaked to provoke the elimination of the death penalty so that penitentiary for-profit institutions can collect more tax dollars and profits instead of killing their meal tickets.. /tinfoil>

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
Pages: « 1 ... 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 [1142] 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: