Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:03:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFGMiner 5.5.0: CPU/GPU/FPGA/ASIC mining software, GBT+Stratum, RPC, Linux/Win64  (Read 834123 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
romeshomey

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 05:18:51 AM

Hi all,I need some help please.Whenever I am trying to solo mine with bfgminer my Zeuss and Gaw miners do not work.In this screen shot you can see what they are doing and that the GSD miners are ok but Zeus and Gaw are not happy hahaha.

They also do this with some pools or it seems certain coins as well.Any ideas on what I can try would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance :-)

Actually this is normal and they will remain in a sick status until they find a block or a share.  This is standard for zeus miners for some odd reason but it's nothing to worry about, they are only in a 'sick' state because you haven't found any blocks or shares yet, as soon as a block or share is found that status will be removed and then come back again after a short time until a block or share is found again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alishahid

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 05:47:13 PM

its a great post  Smiley
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:03:46 AM

Hello, new user here trying to get my first of two pieces of mining gear going.  I have a Cryptorig Hitchhiker usb stick (Bitfury ASIC, same chip used in red fury, blue fury).  I downloaded the latest BFGminer, plugged in my usb stick, and then launched BFGminer using the following: bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 -u myBTCaddress.HH -p x -S all --set-device NFY:osc6_bits=50

The light on the ubs stick comes on briefly, the screen displays:
"Started bfgminer 5.1.0"

Then the light goes out, nothing happens on the screen, then it quits with:
"No server could be used! Exiting."

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 08:10:33 AM

Hello, new user here trying to get my first of two pieces of mining gear going.  I have a Cryptorig Hitchhiker usb stick (Bitfury ASIC, same chip used in red fury, blue fury).  I downloaded the latest BFGminer, plugged in my usb stick, and then launched BFGminer using the following: bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 -u myBTCaddress.HH -p x -S all --set-device NFY:osc6_bits=50

"Started bfgminer 5.1.0"

Are you sure you want to throw your 2.6GH/s to solo mining? You won't get anything from it. Calculate your profit using vnbitcoin.org/bitcoincalculator.php and if it is profitable, point that miner to Ghash.io or Eligius as these pools support merged mining.

-MZ

Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:26:25 AM

At this point I just want to try mining anything at all.  I can't afford a setup that will make a profit, I just want to get in for the "lottery" effect, as well as to contribute what I can to the bitcoin network.  Once I get this thing working I will look at those pools you suggest.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 02:10:44 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2015, 02:31:23 PM by Luke-Jr

Hello, new user here trying to get my first of two pieces of mining gear going.  I have a Cryptorig Hitchhiker usb stick (Bitfury ASIC, same chip used in red fury, blue fury).  I downloaded the latest BFGminer, plugged in my usb stick, and then launched BFGminer using the following: bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 -u myBTCaddress.HH -p x -S all --set-device NFY:osc6_bits=50

"Started bfgminer 5.1.0"

My guess would be that the bc address is invalid. I've confirmed that pool seems to work fine (with regard to login).

If you actually want to solo mine, though (which using any third-party operated server is not), just configure and run Bitcoin Core with the RPC server enabled, and skip the -o/-u/-p options.

Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:24:03 PM

My guess would be that the bc address is invalid. I've confirmed that pool seems to work fine (with regard to login).

If you actually want to solo mine, though (which using any third-party operated server is not), just configure and run Bitcoin Core with the RPC server enabled, and skip the -o/-u/-p options.

Double checked the btc address, it is correct.

There are advantages to ckpool over pure solo mining that I wish to make use of; that pool is as close to solo mining as it comes without technically solo mining.  I tried configuring BTC core with RPC server enabled, however, since I have moved my block chain data from the default location I have yet to have any luck getting that to work, either.  As I said, new BTC user here. Smiley
rupy

Activity: 725

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:51:31 PM

Hi, I run bfgminer with -S \\.\COM9 \\.\COM10 \\.\COM11 but still my USB memory stick doesn't want to mount properly.

Whenever I plug something into a USB port I see bfgminer complaining about something (can't remember, remote location) so it's definetly not sticking to those COM ports...

How can I force bfgminer to not spam my whole USB circuit?

BANKBOOK GWT Wallet & no-FIAT Billing API
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 01:08:45 AM

Hi, I run bfgminer with -S \\.\COM9 \\.\COM10 \\.\COM11 but still my USB memory stick doesn't want to mount properly.

Whenever I plug something into a USB port I see bfgminer complaining about something (can't remember, remote location) so it's definetly not sticking to those COM ports...

Try adding -S noauto to the parameters.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:48:10 AM

Double checked the btc address, it is correct.
Please pastebin (or share a Google Drive file with me) a debug log made by bfgminer -P --debuglog --log-file debug.log

There are advantages to ckpool over pure solo mining that I wish to make use of; that pool is as close to solo mining as it comes without technically solo mining.
So-called "solo pools" are frankly all the disadvantages of solo mining combined with all the disadvantages of pool mining, with none of the advantages of either.
What exactly are you hoping to achieve? O.o

I tried configuring BTC core with RPC server enabled, however, since I have moved my block chain data from the default location I have yet to have any luck getting that to work, either.  As I said, new BTC user here. Smiley
You can use the -datadir=/path/to/.bitcoin/directory/ to override where Bitcoin Core looks for stuff.

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:49:21 AM

That's the default behaviour (not probing unrecognised devices) - maybe you have a config file somewhere overriding it?

Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:37:40 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2015, 09:03:18 PM by Mikestang

Please pastebin (or share a Google Drive file with me) a debug log made by bfgminer -P --debuglog --log-file debug.log

So-called "solo pools" are frankly all the disadvantages of solo mining combined with all the disadvantages of pool mining, with none of the advantages of either.
What exactly are you hoping to achieve? O.o

I am "solo" mining in ckpool because it keeps me from having to run a full node at work (which I can't do, but I do at home), and I like that this pool is lightweight and connected to high speed low latency bitcoin nodes for rapid block change notification and propagation.  What I am hoping to achieve is to contribute, albeit negligibly, to the Bitcoin network while giving myself a lottery ticket that plays every 10 minutes.

Seems I had a firewall issue not related to BFGMiner, got another miner working on my home machine, but did not have time to re-try the HitchHiker at home.  Brought it to work and seem to have it running here, I will test it again from home tonight to verify.

I don't seem to be finding any shares, however, which seems odd to me.  Command line display shows it chugging along at ~2.1gh, but not finding shares.  Not sure if that is a BFGminer issue or not.  Been running 10 minutes now and no shares Sad.  Could this be a difficulty setting issue?  I don't see that BFGminer supports --suggest-diff or anything of that sort. [edit, found option --request-diff, which I think is the same thing, tried using it with value 6 and it would not connect to pool, so maybe not what I was looking for]  Any advice here welcomed (would a debug log of this activity help?).  Pict below:

Thank you.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:15:19 PM

I am "solo" mining in ckpool because it keeps me from having to run a full node at work (which I can't do, but I do at home), and I like that this pool is lightweight and connected to high speed low latency bitcoin nodes for rapid block change notification and propagation.  What I am hoping to achieve is to contribute, albeit negligibly, to the Bitcoin network while giving myself a lottery ticket that plays every 10 minutes.
I suppose it makes sense if you're after the "thrill" of gambling, but do note this doesn't contribute to the network any more than using a pool sharing rewards between miners.
The entire network benefit of solo mining, comes from the locally administrated full node.

I don't seem to be finding any shares, however, which seems odd to me.  Command line display shows it chugging along at ~2.1gh, but not finding shares.  Not sure if that is a BFGminer issue or not.  Been running 10 minutes now and no shares Sad.  Could this be a difficulty setting issue?
Note that real solo mining does not use shares.
ckpool's server appears to use diff ~1k shares, which should take about 35 minutes on average per share with 2.1 Gh/s.

I don't see that BFGminer supports --suggest-diff or anything of that sort. [edit, found option --request-diff, which I think is the same thing, tried using it with value 6 and it would not connect to pool, so maybe not what I was looking for]
ckpool does not support request-diff, and instead implemented (over a year later IIRC) an incompatible way to do the same thing in an apparent effort to push people away from BFGMiner.

If you don't like their diff 1024 target, perhaps the best option is to run a private poolserver on your full node?
Eloipool can help with that if it's a Linux system.

Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:55:44 PM

Great information, thank you so much for laying it out for me.

I will attempt to get my solo mining going from home, the contribution to the network is important to me and I understand what you are saying.  I have a full node at home, so there I would be providing benefit if I solo mined.

I went away to lunch and left the stick mining and it adjusted its difficulty on its own and I am now having shares accepted successfully.

Thanks again for your assistance, I really appreciate it.
bitsolutions

Activity: 261
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 11:23:50 PM

Note that real solo mining does not use shares.
ckpool's server appears to use diff ~1k shares, which should take about 35 minutes on average per share with 2.1 Gh/s.
AFAIK diff should adjust downwards fairly quickly if you have a low speed device. 1K is just the default starting diff.

Mining Software Developer.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:23:21 AM

AntMiner U3 support needs some pretty major improvements to the "icarus" driver that serves as the base for many FPGA and ASIC devices.
If you can help test (I don't have all the devices!), please do. List of stuff that needs testing is on https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/pull/603
Windows binaries are available from http://luke.dashjr.org/tmp/code/webisect/webisect.php?dobuild=icarus_ms

rupy

Activity: 725

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 12:06:30 PM

That's the default behaviour (not probing unrecognised devices) - maybe you have a config file somewhere overriding it?

Well, I don't think it's probing that is the problem. It seems bfgminer is doing something (maybe just communicating with the miners) that disturbs win from finding the USB flash memory. It mounts, but it's empty; I thought the USB stick was fried but then at another location it works fine. Will try mounting it without the miners/bfgminer on next time maybe it's something else that's broken.

BANKBOOK GWT Wallet & no-FIAT Billing API
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 12:11:49 PM

Well, I don't think it's probing that is the problem. It seems bfgminer is doing something (maybe just communicating with the miners) that disturbs win from finding the USB flash memory. It mounts, but it's empty; I thought the USB stick was fried but then at another location it works fine. Will try mounting it without the miners/bfgminer on next time maybe it's something else that's broken.
Maybe try with --no-hotplug ?

JohnS2k

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 05:25:24 PM

Hi Luke,
I would like to use my multi-core/clusters and special coprocessors for mining. I would like to write my special drivers (CPU/cluster based). Where is in the source code I should make change or start from?
 Thanks, John
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 08:29:39 PM

Started using BFGMiner with my KNCMINER Jupiter

is there anyway to temporarily disable mining within the software?

Like Pause mining ?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: