Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:36:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network  (Read 309532 times)
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 01:29:21 PM

This weekend I had an interesting Skype call with Ohad regarding the current state of Agoras / Tau Chain and what the plans regarding organization after the launch are.
I also wanted to deepen my understanding especially for the Tau part of the project.

Regarding the organizational setup, Ohad has already taken some steps and I think everything is right on track. That said, some decisions seem to have been deliberately postponed until Tau Chain is ready, since it could have a lot of implications on the development of Agoras. In fact, Tau will provide many of the tools for developing Agoras, and it's apps will serve as case studies on how software development works with Tau chain (Code for money market, computational resources market, decentralized smart search engine, intelligent businessman etc.)

From what I  have experienced Ohad seems to be a very reliable extremely smart person with proven track record and vast interests in many disciplines. I sensed that the work on the project serves towards his own self-fulfillment and while money is necessary to pay the bills, it is definitely not the primary motivator. However, this does not mean that there aren’t huge profits to be made. The potential has been demonstrated by a fair number of crypto currencies before and Agoras seems to have some of the best properties for such big increases in value (not shilled & low profile, significant useful innovation, potential to disrupt huge markets).  

A casual observer just skimming trough the Altcoin threads might wonder why it is necessary to first create Tau Chain and Agoras only thereafter. As I understand it, some of Tau Chain’s properties in terms of logical reasoning are required for Agoras. Also Tau Chain marks a great leap forward in Blockchain technology as it solves many of the issues with it's lean, non-fixed root chain and separate contexts. Even more, it should also have huge implications on software development making many processes more efficient.

It is absolutely rational for the price to be very low at the moment. The project has been going on for some time now and most of the people who would invest at its current state have already invested. The barriers of entry are high since it’s difficult for a normal person to even get a rough understanding of all the implications of the project.
I think the profile of Agoras will be raised with the coming new website, more videos and ultimately the launch of Tau Chain and Agoras. Price is just an emergent effect of investors valuation and since there are so many uncertainties the discount factor is pretty high. Market cap will rise once promises get delivered and while I don't know what valuation will be, I know that once Tau and Agoras get released into the wild they will leave a lasting imprint on the Blockchain landscape.

I think more people should do this, he will give you the rundown of the project and explain it more deeply. It is a hard concept to grasp but once you get it you will understand it's power.

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 05:18:57 AM

Ohad,
I have few question please:
1) What is the current project status?
2) When roughly the Agoras network begins?
3) How many members from your team are coding?
Thanks,
ohad (OP)

Activity: 897
Merit: 1000

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 05:26:20 AM

Ohad,
Thanks,

1. the current status is focusing on writing tau's compiler (which is the last stage, roughly speaking)
2. really dont know, sometimes i say ~1y
3. 4

Tau-Chain & Agoras
ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 03:51:32 PM

Ohad,
Thanks,

There is also a bot in the IRC so you can see commit's that are made to the github Smiley

Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 04:11:34 PM

Thanks for the info.
Does it make more sense to hire more developers and speed the project or maybe collaborate with others projects like Elastic project http://www.elastic.pro.
Evil-Knievel seems top notch coder and much more. (I will post the same message on elastic forum).
ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 04:26:34 PM

Thanks for the info.
Does it make more sense to hire more developers and speed the project or maybe collaborate with others projects like Elastic project http://www.elastic.pro.
Evil-Knievel seems top notch coder and much more. (I will post the same message on elastic forum).

Synergy with programmers is good, but completely depends on what both dev teams want to do. I don't see any problem with collberation of any kind unless it is counter intuitive.

skrtel37

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:20:33 PM

Lowest price in bittrex since the listing, great opportunity to enlarging your stake
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 11:08:46 PM

In regards to collaboration with the Elastic project/dev, I think that's not gonna happen and for very good reasons.
You can read what Ohad said about that project in the past (just search the thread).
Elastic it is a weak and ill conceived endeavor to achieve something that will be materialized in Agoras much better and much smarter.
I am sure Ohad will be able to give some elaboration as to why it is a waste of precious time.
Sometimes (too often it feels) I encounter lack of patience from people. you see it much too often in the cryptocurrency world. People forget that big projects take more time. sometimes it is better to wait more to get something which actually does what it is designed to do. this is NOT fast food - this is a very serious project to create something NEW - a revolution in the making.
If you lack the patience needed to follow this thing through till it is completed, do not invest now.
If you see beyond the insignificant noise, and you can understand that this will be HUGE, just sit back and wait for this tree to bare fruit in due time.
I trust Ohad is doing all he can to create this in the best and fastest way possible - it is the joint interest of everyone involved.
ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 11:16:43 PM

In regards to collaboration with the Elastic project/dev, I think that's not gonna happen and for very good reasons.
You can read what Ohad said about that project in the past (just search the thread).
Elastic it is a weak and ill conceived endeavor to achieve something that will be materialized in Agoras much better and much smarter.
I am sure Ohad will be able to give some elaboration as to why it is a waste of precious time.
Sometimes (too often it feels) I encounter lack of patience from people. you see it much too often in the cryptocurrency world. People forget that big projects take more time. sometimes it is better to wait more to get something which actually does what it is designed to do. this is NOT fast food - this is a very serious project to create something NEW - a revolution in the making.
If you lack the patience needed to follow this thing through till it is completed, do not invest now.
If you see beyond the insignificant noise, and you can understand that this will be HUGE, just sit back and wait for this tree to bare fruit in due time.
I trust Ohad is doing all he can to create this in the best and fastest way possible - it is the joint interest of everyone involved.

They are very different projects with very different objectives, collaberation can sometimes not work, Ohad and the team has a very clear well orchestrated plan based on tech and mathematical basis. Perhaps dilluting the project with more people is not in anyones best interest. I respect his opinion and he is clearly a very intelligent person. Let's keep discussion in here related to tech development of Agoras and not other projects.

mr.coinzy

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 11:30:16 PM

They are very different projects with very different objectives, collaberation can sometimes not work, Ohad and the team has a very clear well orchestrated plan based on tech and mathematical basis. Perhaps dilluting the project with more people is not in anyones best interest. I respect his opinion and he is clearly a very intelligent person. Let's keep discussion in here related to tech development of Agoras and not other projects.

Did it look to you like I am having a discussion here regarding other projects?
I am well articulated in what i wish to convey in regard to what i write here - let's avoid remarks of such moderation nature.
Thanks.

ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 11:44:26 PM

Did it look to you like I am having a discussion here regarding other projects?
I am well articulated in what i wish to convey in regard to what i write here - let's avoid remarks of such moderation nature.
Thanks.

I am very sorry if I misconstrued what you were saying. You can say whatever you like, I am not try to moderate anything. However what I am trying to do is make a peaceful community where we do not engage in talk of other communities as you have seen throughout the past of crypto it is different communities going to war with each other for status in particular areas and projects. I don't want that to happen here. If you feel like talking about other projects in this thread is positive then do it, but I do not think it will lead to anything good. I'm sure you will agree with me.

mr.coinzy

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 11:55:10 PM

I am past my childhood days and I do not waste precious time in creating needless noise.
Wars, and pointless arguments are noise to me.
This thread is for and about Tauchain/Agoras.
Everything that touches on this topic directly is welcome.
I trust we are all on the same page here and thus find no reason to pursue this issue further.
Let us support this project by investing in it, asking relevant questions and conducting fruitful discussions on important issues that may arise along the way.
Zenyoguibit

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 07:13:55 AM

Cheesy Finally i got my first IDNI Agoras!

ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 07:31:41 AM

we've just been featured at http://www.smithandcrown.com/icos/
(they also made a long interview with me to be published in about a month from now)

Tau-Chain & Agoras
ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 07:36:14 AM

we've just been featured at http://www.smithandcrown.com/icos/
(they also made a long interview with me to be published in about a month from now)

Very cool! Waiting to hear/read the interview Smiley

mr001

Activity: 260

https://i.imgur.com/anpUpg7.jpg

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 09:21:59 AM

Any ideas to stop the price decline in Bittrex?
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 09:46:35 AM

soon china will be able to access idni.org and our videos...

Tau-Chain & Agoras
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 02:35:28 PM

yet another video in Spanish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UibqiUyJTgY

Tau-Chain & Agoras
Zenyoguibit

Activity: 200

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 03:03:37 PM

that's sound great! So we are just in time to buy.

Conic

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 03:07:39 PM

idni.org was build on Google Site...

China Gov blocked the Google, so I don't think Chinese can visit idni.org

And by the way, do you mean the Chinese are Rich and Rush, so when they found there was a spread between Bitrex's price and your wholesale price, they would run into Bitrex to buy Agoras? That sounds too optimistic.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: