Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:37:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack  (Read 136083 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 04:35:23 PM

Months of mudslinging and you manage to solve the riddle within just a few short hours and you never thought of confronting this mystery millionaire previous business partner before all this came to light ?

Tickle me suprised, VERY SURPRISED.

I was just thinking that.

All evidence aside, isn't it kind of convenient that within 6 hours of accusation all of a sudden surfaces a 'multi million dollar Chinese hacker friend who stole Zhou's identity'

Where was this hacker all along? Why did it come to light in the middle of the night ?

I agree with Charlie. In just a few hours after our release, Zhou Tong was able to:

- Find who supposedly broke into his "secret, testing only" email address used to do the hack.
- He got him to "surprisingly" (as per his own post) admit guilt almost immediately.
- Connect all the dots and explain how the whole hack was planned and executed.
- Apparently this multi-millionaire Chinese relic collector who was one a business partner of Zhou had the need to hack into MtGox, use Zhou's identity to get him framed, but later got so scared and confess the whole thing in a matter of minutes.

Taking into consideration the information released as a result of our joint investigation, the Chinese LR transaction found that has not been explained by Zhou yet, and this fantastical "telenovela" story, I am absolutely flabbergasted that some members of the bitcoin community are even entertaining the possibility of his story being plausible.

It was plausible until you presented the telenovela a la Cliff's Notes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitBuster

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 04:47:04 PM

Its a mark of the ecosystem that a child was able to make an exchange and dupe many people into handing over many hundreds of thousands of dollars, which he then withdrew in a series of deliberate catastrophies.

The blatant and desperate lying makes it all the more troubling that someone of clearly reduced intelligence was able to accomplish this. Even worse, there are a few who buy the child's bullshit.

Some have initiated legal proceedings, others have opted for vigilante action. I sincerely hope that the cops get to him before the vigilante does. He is way out of his depth, as are many of the fools who gave him so much money in the first place.

A child treading water while sitting on a huge pile of money is an attractive proposition for other criminals and hackers remember...

BB.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 05:21:52 PM

Makes you wonder if Zhou Tong isnt a public figurehead for someone else working the strings.

Just consider one point, he was terrible with written english and transformed overnight as if there were two seperate entities controlling his account.

Yeh this is likely fringe conspiracy but its hard to know whats really true anymore.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
JompinDox

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 05:25:28 PM

Makes you wonder if Zhou Tong isnt a public figurehead for someone else working the strings.

Just consider one point, he was terrible with written english and transformed overnight as if there were two seperate entities controlling his account.

Yeh this is likely fringe conspiracy but its hard to know whats really true anymore.

phantomcircuit=zhoutong?

Tips? 1ELECeJompinDox61L73eAUyaWpe3Q5HZB
Down with socks!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 05:28:03 PM

phantomcircuit=zhoutong?

This is the camp I'm in.

Clipse

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 05:30:48 PM

phantomcircuit=zhoutong?

Not sure how you got to that conclusion, lol.

I do like the fact you have quotes surprisingly from phantomcircuit.  Roll Eyes

All of this turned into fudge.

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 06:07:07 PM

He said one of his co-workers was quite active in Chinese Bitcoin community and he had noticed the source code of Bitcoinica being leaked. The reason that he (the technical guy) knew the correlation between the Mt. Gox API key and the LastPass master password remains unknown. I have only communicated this password in-person with Tihan in Chimelong Hotel (Guangzhou) lobby once in February this year and I'm quite sure that no one else has paid any attention to our conversation.

I'm simply amazed on how a 17-year-old is able to globe-trot and jet-setting to: China; Singapore; Australia; (?).

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 06:09:01 PM

I'm simply amazed on how a 17-year-old is able to globe-trot and jet-setting to: China; Singapore; Australia; (?).

Pro traveler tip: A quarter million dollars in stolen deposits tend to make it easier.
Clipse

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 06:17:34 PM

Pro traveler tip: A quarter million dollars in stolen deposits tend to make it easier.

<sarcasm> But.... hes just from a very basic family and he spend all of his earnings on his family debt/home/wtfever. </sarcasm>

goodlord666

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

100%

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 06:27:52 PM

Can you say scam cabal?

There's probably some noble Englishmen involved in all this. Of course the Queen wouldn't know about that.

Fuck I love those guys.

Relic collections.. frickin nuts!

They probably have some skulls dipped in gold, too.

dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 06:43:40 PM

That is one theory I believe in.  Otherwise, for now I will have to believe he is innocent.
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 06:45:16 PM

Although at this point is very difficult to trust anyone, I prefer to believe the version of Zhou. We all seemed impossible and ridiculous that they could steal 40k dollars, without could be quickly and easily traceable, plus there is no need to risk having stolen so 40k bitcoins. Zhou's story reinforces my theory that the theft of dollars only pretended to distract the attention, but considering that never caught a bitcoins thief , makes more sense to go to incriminate Zhou.

Call me gullible but I see so

Honestly if the money is forthcoming, I do not care who stole it.

With so much idealism libertarian around the bitcoin and here already there who want to freeze bitcoin addresses ... should not be so hypocritical, nobody likes being robbed but we can not pretend to have a currency outside the government and come running to their laws when rob us.

PD:

It seems incredible that anyone thinks that Zhou is so stupid as to do something like that and get caught so foolishly..

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
Clipse

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 06:47:11 PM

That is one theory I believe in.  Otherwise, for now I will have to believe he is innocent.

You do know I was refering to Zhou being used as a swet shop public face so if any crime gets out of hand those in charge use him as the scapegoat.

It was mostly a sarcastic conspiracy joke since everything he posted so far have pointed to him grabbing at straws which makes this whole situation such a huge scam.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3052

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 06:50:50 PM

Honestly if the money is forthcoming, I do not care who stole it.

The money is not forthcoming - the majority has already been spent by the thief paying off his families mortgages.   His words, not mine.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 07:11:53 PM

This is kind of crossposted from the Pirate threads, but this reminds me of that Eve Online ponzi that was a well respected bank that eventually crumbled. As it went down, the perps created more and more fantastical stories that were ridiculous, but people still followed blindly along.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 07:15:52 PM

The hacker seems to be a Chinese because he used Chinese punctuations in his English messages in the Aurumxchange ticket.

Yeah, I like how the 'hacker' is so inconsistent in his use of punctuation.

For example, in the aurumXchange ticket he is unable to figure out how to use English punctuation:

YES。ZHOU TONG STOLEN THE MONEY!

HE GAVE ME THE MT CODES AND I USED YOUR EXCHANGE TO CHANGE TO LR。NOW I WANT TO WITHDRAW THEM!

MY MONEY IS CLEAN,PLEASE GIVE ME NOW!

But in the earlier hotmail message to Zhou he had apparently no such issues:

To: verify@bitcoinica.com
Date: Friday, 13 July 2012 3:39:55 AM
Subject: Bitcoinica is done

THANK YOU FOR YOU SOURCE CODE.

BITCONICA IS NOW OFFICALY DONE!

LASTPAS PASWORD: c02e1a27-5524-449f-ba65-aff9581ddedc

I also appreciate the fact that although it appears his keyboard is stuck in ALLCAPS mode, he is able to write a proper subject header before switching to allcaps [Subject: Bitcoinica is done].

Also in one message he understands the difference between YOU and YOUR [e.g. YOUR EXCHANGE] but in another doesn't [e.g. YOU SOURCE CODE]

Cool story bro.
guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 07:16:53 PM

Yeah. There's no money forthcoming anymore. It's gone. Maybe some of the people with tons of funds in might get something at some point, but I highly doubt my measly $500 is ever coming back.

At this point, I think the best we can really hope for is that the guilty party is brought to justice.

But, I'm really having my doubts that even Zhou Tong is real. 17? I'm having a hard time with this story now. Seems unlikely there's anyone real to prosecute.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 07:19:31 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2012, 07:38:36 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

This is kind of crossposted from the Pirate threads, but this reminds me of that Eve Online ponzi that was a well respected bank that eventually crumbled. As it went down, the perps created more and more fantastical stories that were ridiculous, but people still followed blindly along.

You want to know what's really ironic with your post? This episode has a direct link to banks.com.

From Zhou Tong's Twitter account (the one still not protected, unlike another that is now locked):

Aug. 28, 2011
Steve Jobs is a Buddhist, so he values anonymous donations. It's wrong to say he has never donated his money. We just don't know.

And one of his ex-partner's account is also now protected with 30,852 tweets:  @alexlur (Daniel M.) aka Daniel Protonis(?)

~Bruno~
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 07:30:24 PM

But, I'm really having my doubts that even Zhou Tong is real. 17? I'm having a hard time with this story now. Seems unlikely there's anyone real to prosecute.
Not this shit again. Didn't you see the pics he posted for Phinnaeus Gage? Including shots of a dozen or so debit cards with his name, his face, and a personal message for PG.

I think you are grasping at straws in order to keep yapping and adding to the confusion. I don't think you have the ability or the balls to do "something" or "anything", so you just shout about it to the world. You seem to have a major personality issue that results in you attacking anyone, fabled or real, whether they are helping or hindering. Therefore, I think you need to see a shrink about that.

Have a nice day.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 07:33:24 PM

Not this shit again. Didn't you see the pics he posted for Phinnaeus Gage? Including shots of a dozen or so debit cards with his name, his face, and a personal message for PG.

I think you are grasping at straws in order to keep yapping and adding to the confusion. I don't think you have the ability or the balls to do "something" or "anything", so you just shout about it to the world. You seem to have a major personality issue that results in you attacking anyone, fabled or real, whether they are helping or hindering. Therefore, I think you need to see a shrink about that.

Have a nice day.

Save your insults. You're pretty ignorant of how crimes are committed, and show that with most every post.

I didn't attack anyone. Please pull your head out of your ass so you can smell something other than your own spewed shit.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: