Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:49:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - Unmoderated thread  (Read 70697 times)
altcoinUK (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 01:30:29 PM

What's happening with IOTA? Is Sergey still alive?

Alive and kicking!

What about you?

I am trading and have no time, but good to see Sergey and all his sockpuppet nicks alive. Good to see IOTA is not abandoned.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 01:37:50 PM

Alive and kicking!

What about you?

I am trading and have no time, but good to see Sergey and all his sockpuppet nicks alive. Good to see IOTA is not abandoned.

Nobody really thought that would happen.
Good luck with your trading.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 01:39:17 PM

What a relief you are fine, I started worrying much enough to post this:
Does anyone know if GadgetCoin is still being developed? After altcoinUK disappeared I lost the last link to it.

Tell us news about GadgetCoin!

Good on you Sergey, the most important if you are not a virgin anymore. In case if you are, no worries, the girl will come and you will find happiness.

Gadgetcoin, as far as I know from the devs they are doing fine. The Ryver forum is still active and apparently they work on the video broadcasting software. We will see soon whether it is another vaporware or a real project.

What's happening with IOTA? Any clients (apart from the idiots who bought the "software" which was the codename for the ICO)? Any adopters from the IOT marketplace?
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 01:43:20 PM

Alive and kicking!

What about you?

Nobody really thought that would happen.
Good luck with your trading.

Oh, thank you very much. Luck is always a factor Smiley Though lots of opportunities on the market. Brexit, Trump, GBP volatility. Good luck to you with IOTA. If the devs are consistent and work hard something good could happen to IOTA. Though not easy.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 01:46:47 PM

IOTA is still not in any exchanges, the trading prices were water vapor, b/ridiculously overvalued, big news about Asian investment seemed the scam trick to dump the high price to noobs. They will never be on exchanges?

Thanks for the update!
Probably they sell the coin to each other to push the price up. They are not on exchanges because being on exchanges would make the devs accountable for a scam. David is obviously not stupid and keep the coin/software/project or whatever IOTA is away from exchanges.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 01:53:08 PM

Gadgetcoin, as far as I know from the devs they are doing fine. The Ryver forum is still active and apparently they work on the video broadcasting software. We will see soon whether it is another vaporware or a real project.

We both already know the answer, don't we?
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 02:06:54 PM

We both already know the answer, don't we?

You could be correct Sergey. We will see. I am annoyed from the slow process too. The devs say they will deliver the software what was promised. They released lots of software last year, open sourced and the app is functional, which is positive and lot more what others do.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 02:12:03 PM

You could be correct Sergey. We will see. I am annoyed from the slow process too. The devs say they will deliver the software what was promised. They released lots of software last year, open sourced and the app is functional, which is positive and lot more what others do.

Hm, either real altcoinUK sold his account or your marasmus senilis has progressed too much...
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 02:27:27 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2017, 04:05:44 PM by synthgauge

Hm, either real altcoinUK sold his account or your marasmus senilis has progressed too much...

Isnt it ur ass that bought his real account? I see what ure attempting to do buddy. Last time u posted in this thread u mentioned a vietnamese kid whom u adopted after realizing that u cant physically have kids, and, it appears, that kid whom u adopted, accidentally raped ur asshole during Hanukkah. How nice of u to come up with a new project, bro.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 02:34:11 PM

No, not at all. I am supporting innovative projects or developers who I think can deliver. I do support Skycoin, Gadgetcoin, and of course Bitcoin. I was one of the first investors in Ethereum, check back in 2014 my predictions about Ethereum and why smart contract will be game changer. Everyone became rich who followed my advice about Ethereum. Though I had quitted this year ETH when the scammers and greed took it over. I supported the APEX boys in Moscow (turned out they are not serious at all). I supported Vericoin before it was obvious they are a bunch of wankers. I like crowdfunding and supporting good developers.

I might start supporting IOTA if you keep delivering. All my predictions were spot on about IOTA terms of market, IoT and software, but I admire you and David are still working on IOTA. I have to admit that is lot more than it was anticipated.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 02:38:45 PM

accidentally raped ur asshole during Hanukkah

Hahahaha, Sergey is still virgin at age 38, nobody could rape Sergey.
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 03:21:49 PM

No, not at all. I am supporting innovative projects or developers who I think can deliver. I do support Skycoin, Gadgetcoin, and of course Bitcoin. I was one of the first investors in Ethereum, check back in 2014 my predictions about Ethereum and why smart contract will be game changer. Everyone became rich who followed my advice about Ethereum. Though I had quitted this year ETH when the scammers and greed took it over. I supported the APEX boys in Moscow (turned out they are not serious at all). I supported Vericoin before it was obvious they are a bunch of wankers. I like crowdfunding and supporting good developers.

I might start supporting IOTA if you keep delivering. All my predictions were spot on about IOTA terms of market, IoT and software, but I admire you and David are still working on IOTA. I have to admit that is lot more than it was anticipated.

How would you support IOTA?
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 03:29:09 PM

How would you support IOTA?

I might use the software in some IoT installation. Or I might buy the software? Still there is not a lot blockchain based IoT software available.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 03:32:05 PM

because they always delete my posts  Smiley

The nodes outside of the lan don't have to connect to you, if you want run a local node/wallet. They only have to know your public ip in order to "allow" your access.
But the nodes you are connecting to have to be public, of course...

Edit: if you want to make your computer public available you have to configure your routers routing tables.

Thanks a lot for the answer! So the two nodes behind different NAT servers have no chance to connect. If I have my PC behind a NAT, and have no access to router to configure it, I have to search for peers running on public machines only...
It looks like people should specify whether whey run public IP or not, when they ask for nodes in nodesharing channel... so there will be less issues.

One more question: lets say I have access to router, so can forward traffic to my PC, but I do not want to forward all the traffic. Which port should I forward, so IOTA wallet can be connected from outside? In other words, which ports IOTA uses? Is it one port or many? TCP or UDP?

Thanks for help. I know if this goes to technical, I'll have to go to Slack... Smiley

I did not try IOTA, but with byteball there's no problem to run within a subnet, behind the NAT. The nodes communicate well and have no issue. Maybe I should try IOTA for that too.

I also have Byteball wallet successfully running in a LAN behind a NAT... Actually with Byteball its easy, as it just works. With IOTA it would be tricky, as you have to manually find nodes, which are nowhere publicly available. You have to go to Slack, ask for nodes and somehow make sure you find only peers who run node on machines directly connected to Internet and running public IP address... As you need to find 5-9 nodes of that kind (involving a chat with every other node owner, just to find out whether he runs public IP or not and whether he agrees to connect to node like yours, expect about a week of setup time Smiley

I am not complaining, as I understand it is the way it is, and there are good reasons for removal of auto peer discovery and introducing this notorious manual node search instead. For me the tech part is easy, chat part is tiresome. Hopefully light wallet comes soon.

Do you realize what you are banging on about is plain stupid?

I am a pernsioner old man and not a developer anymore, but even I can see the Byteball project uses this library https://github.com/bitpay/bitcore-p2p/blob/master/lib/peer.js. As you can see the bitcore peer module connects to the Bitcoin network via a websocket server. Websocket is a centralized solution. Meanwhile if I understood correctly the IOTA peers connect to each other directly without a central service provider. You compare apples with oranges. Do you realize at all that there is no NAT traversal needed as the websocket uses the HTTP protocol? https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6455

I am a long time critics of IOTA, but what you are banging on about is a complete nonsense. You are asking why a peer cannot be as convenient as a centralized, websocket based solution. Normally there is a tradeoff between usability and security.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 03:36:16 PM

because they always delete my posts  Smiley

The nodes outside of the lan don't have to connect to you, if you want run a local node/wallet. They only have to know your public ip in order to "allow" your access.

Edit: if you want to make your computer public available you have to configure your routers routing tables.

Thanks a lot for the answer! So the two nodes behind different NAT servers have no chance to connect. If I have my PC behind a NAT, and have no access to router to configure it, I have to search for peers running on public machines only...
It looks like people should specify whether whey run public IP or not, when they ask for nodes in nodesharing channel... so there will be less issues.

One more question: lets say I have access to router, so can forward traffic to my PC, but I do not want to forward all the traffic. Which port should I forward, so IOTA wallet can be connected from outside? In other words, which ports IOTA uses? Is it one port or many? TCP or UDP?

Thanks for help. I know if this goes to technical, I'll have to go to Slack... Smiley

I did not try IOTA, but with byteball there's no problem to run within a subnet, behind the NAT. The nodes communicate well and have no issue. Maybe I should try IOTA for that too.

I also have Byteball wallet successfully running in a LAN behind a NAT... Actually with Byteball its easy, as it just works. With IOTA it would be tricky, as you have to manually find nodes, which are nowhere publicly available. You have to go to Slack, ask for nodes and somehow make sure you find only peers who run node on machines directly connected to Internet and running public IP address... As you need to find 5-9 nodes of that kind (involving a chat with every other node owner, just to find out whether he runs public IP or not and whether he agrees to connect to node like yours, expect about a week of setup time Smiley

I am not complaining, as I understand it is the way it is, and there are good reasons for removal of auto peer discovery and introducing this notorious manual node search instead. For me the tech part is easy, chat part is tiresome. Hopefully light wallet comes soon.

I am a pernsioner old man and not a developer anymore, but even I can see the Byteball project uses this library https://github.com/bitpay/bitcore-p2p/blob/master/lib/peer.js. As you can see the bitcore peer module connects to the Bitcoin network via a websocket server. Websocket is a centralized solution. Meanwhile if I understood correctly the IOTA peers connect to each other directly without a central service provider. You compare apples with oranges. Do you realize at all that there is no NAT traversal needed as the websocket uses the HTTP protocol? https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6455

I am a long time critics of IOTA, but what you are banging on about is a complete nonsense. You are asking why a peer cannot be as convenient as a centralized, websocket based solution. Normally there is a tradeoff between usability and security.

This is 100% NOT altcoinUK. This persons first language is certainly not English.

Notify mods this is a hacked or stolen account and should be flagged.

Wow you guys sink lower and lower.

altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 03:39:14 PM

there are good reasons for removal of auto peer discovery

Except in Byteball there is no "auto peer discovery" exists at all as there are no peers but websocket clients.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 03:44:08 PM

Sorry to be the broken record this time, but is there any news as of late?  Discussions and posts have slowed down the past few days here, on chat and in the official IOTA forum.

This is the community's responsibility. They can't expect a handful of people to create the tech, do all the marketing, do all the branding, do all the adoption work etc. and also be responsible for how active the current holders of IOTA is. Everyone should be doing their community part.

A community cannot be established without the ability to exchange Iota, plain and simple. People will step up to fill specific roles but without Iota changing hands, users are stagnant. Rlh is far from a troll or inactive community member so I find your response a bit overly defensive and inappropriate.  

Ah, I see, this is why I was in touch with so many projects and start-ups for Ethereum half a year before launch, gotcha.

LoL

Scammer David boy has realised that not one real IoT business gives a monkey's about his crypto nonsense - no wonder nobody care as there is no IOTA IoT system nor ever will one exists, and the blockhain for IoT is a dead end proposition anyway -, so he is starting to blame the community for not creating the ecosystem.

The scammer lured out $500k from the idiots, and then he blames the clueless investors - who bought the IOTA tokens for purely speculation purposes - for not creating an IoT ecosystem. The IOTA "investors" (i.e. idiots) know no more about IoT than my grandmother did before she died in 1969, but the scammer David boy expects the clueless "investors" make the IoT dream a reality.

No startups makes any money in IoT, even more established businesses like Thingworx with its limitless resources unable to make any money in the sector, but the scammer blames the community for not delivering what he promised he will deliver.

As I said from the beginning, there is zero chance a scammer who hides in the shithole of Belarus and a 27 years old wanker with zero relevant industry experience could make money  with a blockchain solution in the corporate driven and hugely political IoT sector. Absolutely zero chance. No wonder there is zero progress in the IoT front since October when they presented the blatant IOTA IoT lie as nobody in the IoT world cares about the nonsenses of these two scammers. Still, the the scammer David boy blames the community for his total failure. What a wanker.

Notice he spells realised not realized as the new altcoinUK. This is hacked or stolen for sure.

altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 03:46:00 PM

because they always delete my posts  Smiley

This is 100% NOT altcoinUK. This persons first language is certainly not English.

Notify mods this is a hacked or stolen account and should be flagged.

Wow you guys sink lower and lower.

Nobody hacked the account. Everyone knows here my family is originally from Russia, and even I live in the UK English was never my first language.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 04:05:25 PM

Sorry to be the broken record this time, but is there any news as of late?  Discussions and posts have slowed down the past few days here, on chat and in the official IOTA forum.

This is the community's responsibility. They can't expect a handful of people to create the tech, do all the marketing, do all the branding, do all the adoption work etc. and also be responsible for how active the current holders of IOTA is. Everyone should be doing their community part.

A community cannot be established without the ability to exchange Iota, plain and simple. People will step up to fill specific roles but without Iota changing hands, users are stagnant. Rlh is far from a troll or inactive community member so I find your response a bit overly defensive and inappropriate.  

Ah, I see, this is why I was in touch with so many projects and start-ups for Ethereum half a year before launch, gotcha.

LoL

Scammer David boy has realised that not one real IoT business gives a monkey's about his crypto nonsense - no wonder nobody care as there is no IOTA IoT system nor ever will one exists, and the blockhain for IoT is a dead end proposition anyway -, so he is starting to blame the community for not creating the ecosystem.

The scammer lured out $500k from the idiots, and then he blames the clueless investors - who bought the IOTA tokens for purely speculation purposes - for not creating an IoT ecosystem. The IOTA "investors" (i.e. idiots) know no more about IoT than my grandmother did before she died in 1969, but the scammer David boy expects the clueless "investors" make the IoT dream a reality.

No startups makes any money in IoT, even more established businesses like Thingworx with its limitless resources unable to make any money in the sector, but the scammer blames the community for not delivering what he promised he will deliver.

As I said from the beginning, there is zero chance a scammer who hides in the shithole of Belarus and a 27 years old wanker with zero relevant industry experience could make money  with a blockchain solution in the corporate driven and hugely political IoT sector. Absolutely zero chance. No wonder there is zero progress in the IoT front since October when they presented the blatant IOTA IoT lie as nobody in the IoT world cares about the nonsenses of these two scammers. Still, the the scammer David boy blames the community for his total failure. What a wanker.

Notice he spells realised not realized as the new altcoinUK. This is hacked or stolen for sure.

Sure, and he spells sometimes organisation and other time organization, or centralisation vs centralization. What a fucking effective investigative journalist you would be  Smiley

I can see now that you are heavily supporting Byteball. I was not bashing Byteball. Bytaball seems a very nice project though I know very little about it, only what I read in the last 30 minutes. The Byteballs developers delivered a lot which is admirable. It is also admirable the Bytaball project was not distributed via an ICO. Still the websocket based networking of Bytaball is inferior to a peer to peer solution what normally a cryptocurrency project aims to be. Bitcoin, Skycoin, Ethereum, Gadgetcoin, most cryptocurrencies including IOTA aim to be a permissionless solution. The websocket based Byteball is not that.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 04:09:58 PM

LoL

Sure, and he spells sometimes organisation and other time organization, or centralisation vs centralization. What a fucking effective investigative journalist you would be  Smiley

I can see now that you are heavily supporting Byteball. I was not bashing Byteball. Bytaball seems a very nice project though I know very little about it, only what I read in the last 30 minutes. The Byteballs developers delivered a lot which is admirable. It is also admirable the Bytaball project was not distributed via an ICO. Still the websocket based networking of Bytaball is inferior to a peer to peer solution what normally a cryptocurrency project aims to be. Bitcoin, Skycoin, Ethereum, Gadgetcoin, most cryptocurrencies including IOTA aim to be a permissionless solution. The websocket based Byteball is not that.

Heavily supporting Byteball? I would read that again I am fully against Byteballs distributional model and have called for a clone and for it to be distributed more fairly.

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: