Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:58:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 [791] 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:13:51 PM

"Delivery 15th Oct" to "mid-October production"

That goalpost moved. The first is a deadline, the second is foggy as fuck and doesn't mean a thing.
Everything we have been told so far including the huge promise on the site when buying our rigs said 15th , and all the way to now they have said that was "on track".

Production supposedly started Sept 30th as did deliveries according to the face on the video (who also said day 2 would be shipped "tomorrow" which we know wasn't the case.

BFL type strategies to cover failure to deliver are disappointing from KnC. This is so close to "in two weeks" .

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:15:40 PM

It's a looong way to my 48xx order! Still no "in progress" Got damn what i'm waiting and seeing the difficulty shoot up like a rocket big time..
This is not fun, took a bank loan for my Juppy. But.. I paid within "All orders payed today will be delivered no later than 15th of October" so i'm keeping my head up atm.

The KnCMiner list of orders -October delivery page is showing In Progress status goes as high as order #38xx, while other #38xx orders and all listed higher don't indicate status.
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:19:56 PM

Can people start elaborating with order numbers please?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=249065

Seems like one 38xx is in progress. I should be right around the corner at 39xx. Smiley
I'm hosted, so I am guessing that is the issue, but I don't know. No word from KnC why hosting customers are not moving forward.
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:20:08 PM

Looks like the knc datacenter just went down. Eligius just lost about 80-100TH/s

Checked all the other guys and mine. Yeah it's down Tongue

I have not had any downtime on my hosted units hooked up to BTCGuild
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:23:41 PM

In a gold rush, only the people making shovels make money.

KNC just like all ASIC companies are bunch of engineers without any customer service skills.

No one here is speaking for KNC in an official capacity.

In less than 24 hours KNC will have missed their deadline without any official word from KNC

Sadly without any official word many customers will ask for a refund because their investment will not be recovered and again another ASIC company will succeed in making themselves money and fail in making their customers money.

'orama, I appreciate all your help in trying to communicate but you don't work for the company and don't speak for them in an official nature,
The best thing you can do is leverage your relationship with the owners and let them know that you can no longer speak for them and someone in an official capacity needs to get online before 10/15 deadline and explain what their intentions are to make customers whole.

thoughts???
donch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:28:48 PM

In a gold rush, only the people making shovels make money.

and PSU manufacturers...

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
loktang1125

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:39:39 PM

People is worrying about the late shipping with cause them loss.
but i think if they send you a Jupiter as they promise at the day you paid like 2 W/GH/s and 300 even 400gh/s
that is a absolutely loss for today difficulty.
so i think it is still fair even they ship late
when we look at the bfl buyer, we should be glad because KNC is not a company like that

PS : agree all ASIC companies has no customer service skills
PS : i have three  Jupiter working atm (preorder 2000 + order 250)
PS : sorry for my poor english
Vyper

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 01:42:39 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2013, 01:57:23 PM by Vyper

but i think if they send you a Jupiter as they promise at the day you paid like 2 W/GH/s and 300 even 400gh/s
when we look at the bfl buyer, we should be glad because KNC is not a company like that

PS : i have three  Jupiter working atm (preorder 2000 + order 250)

Well that's also true. After all most got more bang for the buck, problem is that the first people getting their KnC stuff is making diff raise higher for us left behind. Well well. 100GH for free isn't bad. And also it's not Oct 15th today either.. Think they are rushing as hell today.
Tad3j

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:52:46 PM

Well that's also true. After all most got more bang for the buck, problem is that the first people getting their KnC stuff is making diff raise higher for us left behind. Well well. 100GH for free isn't bad. And also it's not Oct 15th today either.. Think they are rushing as hell today.

Well if you make a compare between the people who are first and later, what do you say about comparing the people who can (have money, exclude people who paid with BTC) buy ASIC miners and people who cannot afford this Wink ?

This is our world. The money will anyway find a way, to more money Wink
btc_uzr

Activity: 476

let's have some fun

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:56:18 PM

(...)

so it's ending up in rich man's pockets
http://in.reuters.com/article/2013/10/09/creditsuisse-wealth-idINDEE9980ER20131009

"with the richest 10 percent owning 86 percent of the wealth"

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:58:09 PM

PS : i have three  Jupiter working atm (preorder 2000 + order 250)

Well if you make a compare between the people who are first and later, what do you say about comparing the people who can (have money, exclude people who paid with BTC) buy ASIC miners and people who cannot afford this Wink ?

An article the other day, perhaps on Hacker News, noted that the top US CEOs earn in the time it takes them to take a piss what a minimum a wage worker earns in 4 years.  So obviously over time, their income increases, more than keeps up with rising costs, while lowly workers lose.
cognoscente

Activity: 111

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:00:23 PM

Orama,
There is nothing that you or I can say that will change the truth.  It is what it is.  The truth is that this thread is the primary conduit for the expression and resolution of issues in the KNC community.  While OrSoc's contribution to this endeavor has been an extreme success, KNC's contributions have been almost exclusively failiures.

Some of these are:
Sam's misguided estimation that 100% of us can't find our asses with both hands.  He imagines a market for those who want a turnkey, idiot proof mining machine no matter how long it takes.  Very few of us fit that profile.
Total ignorance of repeated requests to 'just ship the boards'.  We'll join in and help make them work.  (That pesky open source thing).

Then, there are the one's he might admit:
Shipping assembled top-heavy fans despite strong warnings.
Light crushed boxes save the machine theory.
Underpromise means maintain radio silence.
Over deliver means whatever you want it to mean, subject to change at will.
The only real value that he has to sell is the asics and controller boards.  He would have nothing but elated customers if he would just sell and support them.  Forget the cases, assembly, hosting, especially the pool.  These have all created nothing but ill will.
Most of all, he doesn't realize that the people in this forum are the source of his millions.  We put him in that spot and we can take him out.

My 2 cents
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:04:07 PM

Difficulty isn't going up that fast.  Original estimates was a 100% jump after KNC delivered but the graph only shows a slight increase over the 25-30% jumps.   I was upset when KNC did not deliver when they said and I paid an extra $4400 for hosting two units that were not hashing DAY 1.  Once KNC fixed the issue and continue to make improvements I became less upset and more appreciative to the company that has made it so far and has delivered.   I don't think you can name another ASIC company that compares.  (Not to take away from BitFury, but I just have not read much about them).  

I'm waiting for my 2nd hosted to hash above 350 and customer support said the next firmware goes out tonight or tomorrow morning.  This should fix the issue.  

Good luck.

gnar1ta$
Donator

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:10:38 PM

still using btc guild and thinking should i change to Eligus
any idea?

idea - lets go to p2pool

Anyone mines on P2Pool?
many ones  Grin
have i have some suggestion of P2pool? i have about 1500ghs atm

find some suggestion here - http://elizium.name/faq.html

KNC products don't work well with p2pool.  They didn't design work restarts properly, you will lose a lot of work and money.  If you have a KNC product, and want to use p2pool, contact them and ask them to fix it.

Losing hundreds of Bitcoins with the best scammers in the business - BFL, Avalon, KNC, HashFast.
Tad3j

Activity: 270

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:14:03 PM

Yes, that is all true!

Our monetary system is designed to work that way in the circle of only one group of values. But! This is not with all human values, meaning, every day there is more and more people born who don't think that way. Some of them does and some of them does not!

Those who are born with values which are the same as in our monetary system, that is - expediency, methodicality, time management, punctuality, analyst, discovering connections, causes, good prediction, order and so on - those will have pretty good life and they won't need to do as much as others. They will easy gain education and will be in the center of activity. There also exists two more groups of values. The people who are born inside of those two groups, will be left behind. They will do as the first group decide, they will have to be "at that time on work, they will work as planed, they will be punished, for not respecting the rules, they will be living in the world full of rules, which create people who thinks with value from group one.

The most funny thing is, the people who are in the first group, they don't know that, they create rules only for themselves-like people Smiley
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:16:18 PM

Orama,
There is nothing that you or I can say that will change the truth.  It is what it is.  The truth is that this thread is the primary conduit for the expression and resolution of issues in the KNC community.  While OrSoc's contribution to this endeavor has been an extreme success, KNC's contributions have been almost exclusively failiures.

Some of these are:
Sam's misguided estimation that 100% of us can't find our asses with both hands.  He imagines a market for those who want a turnkey, idiot proof mining machine no matter how long it takes.  Very few of us fit that profile.
Total ignorance of repeated requests to 'just ship the boards'.  We'll join in and help make them work.  (That pesky open source thing).

The only real value that he has to sell is the asics and controller boards.  He would have nothing but elated customers if he would just sell and support them.  Forget the cases, assembly, hosting, especially the pool.  These have all created nothing but ill will.
Most of all, he doesn't realize that the people in this forum are the source of his millions.  We put him in that spot and we can take him out.

My 2 cents

Good 2 cents.
I imagine if they hadn't been standalone we'd have them by now.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:30:36 PM

still using btc guild and thinking should i change to Eligus
any idea?

idea - lets go to p2pool

Anyone mines on P2Pool?
many ones  Grin
have i have some suggestion of P2pool? i have about 1500ghs atm

find some suggestion here - http://elizium.name/faq.html

KNC products don't work well with p2pool.  They didn't design work restarts properly, you will lose a lot of work and money.  If you have a KNC product, and want to use p2pool, contact them and ask them to fix it.

you're referring to this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18313.msg3294238#msg3294238 right?

it is quite annoying also with normal pool that work with stratum. Everytime a block is found you got this on your cgminer:

Code:
 [2013-10-09 19:42:36] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2013-10-09 19:42:36] KnC running flushwork
 [2013-10-09 19:42:36] KnC: accepted by FPGA 1 works, but only 0 submitted
 [2013-10-09 19:42:36] Rejected 00815da7 Diff 506/326 KnC 0  (Job '26017' not found)

and your hashrate promptly decrease and it takes time to climb up again to normar rate.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
MrHempstock

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:31:23 PM

What's your order number Avenger?
667 - the neighbour of the beast

You gonna fast-track it Bitcoinorama, to keep me quiet?

With all those broken boards and fault chips you have lying around. Hashing at the speed of the KNC bork bork bork eruptor - 500MH/s?

No it's not, you're not a customer are you?
You don't work for them do you? Interesting how you have access to their order data.

I don't have access, but there are 4 customer service guys to the right hand side of me right now, and they do.

So you're just out to spread FUD pretending to be a customer. Nice.

And I'm gay for only having 25GH invested.

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:33:55 PM

Yes, that is all true!

Our monetary system is designed to work that way in the circle of only one group of values. But! This is not with all human values, meaning, every day there is more and more people born who don't think that way. Some of them does and some of them does not!

Those who are born with values which are the same as in our monetary system, that is - expediency, methodicality, time management, punctuality, analyst, discovering connections, causes, good prediction, order and so on - those will have pretty good life and they won't need to do as much as others. They will easy gain education and will be in the center of activity. There also exists two more groups of values. The people who are born inside of those two groups, will be left behind. They will do as the first group decide, they will have to be "at that time on work, they will work as planed, they will be punished, for not respecting the rules, they will be living in the world full of rules, which create people who thinks with value from group one.

The most funny thing is, the people who are in the first group, they don't know that, they create rules only for themselves-like people Smiley

Off topic alert.

Most people are in the middle. If you have a system that rewards productivity (capitalism) then it pushes people in the middle to prosper. If you have a system that rewards laziness (socialism) then it encourages people in the middle to freeload.
chrono030

Activity: 114

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:45:45 PM

Orama,

Some of these are:

My 2 cents

While I know this isn't the standard case, I did in fact receive my Jup on 10/4 and it has been running flawlessly ever since.  Right now, it is hashing at 540gh/s on average on bitminter.  Thats far over what I originally 'reserved' back in April...  Something like 2x the speed.  I would not hesitate to order from this company again in the future.  Mining is a zero sum game, any additional unit that is shipped results in me losing bitcoins.  Why do you think people aren't lining up to sing praise for the organization?
Pages: « 1 ... 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 [791] 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: