Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:25:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 [1815] 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
murraypaul

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:42:00 AM

This is KfC own t's and c's; therefore It would be up to KfC to vet every customer and prove that they have done ample due diligence to assure they haven't sold to any residential customer. Methinks they would fall flat on their face in this matter.

Why?
By agreeing to the T&C you have stated to them that you are a business customer. Why should they have to investigate whether you were lying?

Because they made the invoices and they received the money from private persons, not from a business.

The question is why to they need to investigate your lie?
Alternatively, you weren't lying, and did intend to buy for business purposes, in which case why should you be able to change your mind now?
You signed up to crappy T&C. You knew they were crappy at the time.
You knew KNC have shafted people on refunds before, and delivered late before.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:43:47 AM

This is KfC own t's and c's; therefore It would be up to KfC to vet every customer and prove that they have done ample due diligence to assure they haven't sold to any residential customer. Methinks they would fall flat on their face in this matter.

Why?
By agreeing to the T&C you have stated to them that you are a business customer. Why should they have to investigate whether you were lying?

Because they made the invoices and they received the money from private persons, not from a business.

because it is their terms and conditions

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
murraypaul

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:46:08 AM

Why?

1.2   The Products are sold for business use only and Purchaser hereby accepts that it has purchased the Products in order to conduct a business.

Did you agree to that or not?
A private individual can conduct a business, and doesn't need a VAT number if they don't choose to reclaim VAT.
The only use for a Bitcoin miner is to make money, which sounds like a business activity?

raskul

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:50:42 AM

Why?

1.2   The Products are sold for business use only and Purchaser hereby accepts that it has purchased the Products in order to conduct a business.

A private individual can conduct a business, and doesn't need a VAT number if they don't choose to reclaim VAT.
The only use for a Bitcoin miner is to make money, which sounds like a business activity?

No; KfC did not place any reasonable restrictions on sales to combat the purchase of the product by individuals and; no, mining bitcoin is not a business activity - it is not subject to the same tax laws as my businesses are.

murraypaul

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:55:11 AM

Why?

No; KfC did not place any reasonable restrictions on sales to combat the purchase of the product by individuals and; no, mining bitcoin is not a business activity - it is not subject to the same tax laws as my businesses are.

They have no need to prevent sales to individuals, as individuals can conduct a business.
They don't say that they will only sell to organisations, to to business with VAT numbers, or anything else.
The only restriction is on the agreed intent of the purchaser: 'to conduct a business'. Only the purchaser can know their intent.

The T&Cs are clearly designed to restrict your rights. This has been the case right back from the start with the first miners they sold. This was pointed out several times.
People signed up anyway. Their choice.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me?

It may well be that you could eventually win a court case overturning parts of their T&Cs. But noone is ever going to spend the time and money to do that, and both they and you know that.

user27

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:05:31 AM

Why?

by placing such restrictions and then offering a free web portal for sales. Any lawyer would find ease in tearing apart KfC arguments.
It is quite simple to assure business-to-business trade, by requiring company number or VAT registration number. None of this was carried out and it was the case that KfC simply put up a web shop for all and sundry to make purchase of their equipment.

Sorry to burst your bubble mate, but VAT number was required.

Every EU customer had the option to provide VAT number or pay 20% tax on top on the $10-13k and I'm guessing not a single person opted to pay the 20%.

u27

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:08:17 AM

Why?

by placing such restrictions and then offering a free web portal for sales. Any lawyer would find ease in tearing apart KfC arguments.
It is quite simple to assure business-to-business trade, by requiring company number or VAT registration number. None of this was carried out and it was the case that KfC simply put up a web shop for all and sundry to make purchase of their equipment.

Sorry to burst your bubble mate, but VAT number was required.

It wasn't required since I and many others were able to order without a VAT number. If it was required then we couldn't order.

user27

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:13:16 AM

It wasn't required since I and many others were able to order without a VAT number. If it was required then we couldn't order.

I ordered without to start with and KnC gave me the option to pay VAT or provide VAT registration number some time later.

raskul

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:15:05 AM

OK, it's good to thrash these things out, as it is clearly becoming a viable option to begin some sort of action against this company.
Thanks to MurrayPaul for his insight and logic, which a lot of; makes sense. To do this, people are going to need to know the pitfalls expected and the options available.

The best thing would be for KfC to just honour all refund requests; it's not as though they are short of the funds - having competed against their own customers for this long.

user27

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:36:13 AM

OK, it's good to thrash these things out, as it is clearly becoming a viable option to begin some sort of action against this company.
Thanks to MurrayPaul for his insight and logic, which a lot of; makes sense. To do this, people are going to need to know the pitfalls expected and the options available.

The best thing would be for KfC to just honour all refund requests; it's not as though they are short of the funds - having competed against their own customers for this long.

They should at this time just be honest about the situation; which it feels like they have forgotten how to do.

I see two options for them to avoid legal action at this stage; they could offer HWYW AND 2nd Neptune to all customers who have not as yet had their first Neptune dispatched or they could offer full refunds to outstanding orders. Clearly they should offer both options, but either one would swing any court action in their favor.

Can we get an idea of how many people have been screwed over at this stage? Is it the majority of batch one?

u27

aasl

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:02:02 PM

They should at this time just be honest about the situation; which it feels like they have forgotten how to do.

I see two options for them to avoid legal action at this stage; they could offer HWYW AND 2nd Neptune to all customers who have not as yet had their first Neptune dispatched or they could offer full refunds to outstanding orders. Clearly they should offer both options, but either one would swing any court action in their favor.

Can we get an idea of how many people have been screwed over at this stage? Is it the majority of batch one?

u27

I am in batch 1 and I am screwed by knc.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
user27

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:06:29 PM

Sounds like a thread title...

EDIT:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=672950.0

Meizirkki

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:16:33 PM

KnC's first three lies:

We are Swedish miners that are producing our own ASIC miners to strengthen the market and avoid monopoly.

A lot of scam sites are appearing every day and we are not one of them

We will in the upcoming weeks opening our order book to allow the purchase of our first set of ASIC miners. They are in the early stages of development now and will be ready in the summer of 2013
user27

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:37:04 PM

Somebody asked about my (now pointless) cable to run Neptune from 2x20A virtual rails on AX1200i; response for all to see as below.

It was just a splitter using three 8 pin CPU power sockets. However I have updated my design since. It now has two 8 pin plugs which fit the AX1200i directly and 16x20AWG cables taking the 12v to a heavy duty 8 pin socket as below; the original Corsair cable plugs into the heavy duty socket and the current is split across two virtual rails.

Shame KnC don't have any chips left!

u27

aasl

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:46:02 PM

Sounds like a thread title...

EDIT:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=672950.0

aha, we think alike Cheesy

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Noruka

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:16:59 PM

man reading all this makes me glad i decided to refund at the beginning of the year.
mikewirth

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:41:04 PM

man reading all this makes me glad i decided to refund at the beginning of the year.
The only reason you came back here to read this thread is because you are sad that you already cashed out.  Sucker.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:22:05 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 03:37:46 PM by Phoenix1969

Why?

What?  Care to explain that?  Any endeavor you invest for potential profit is "Business" last time I checked.
Ever heard of this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business
*Financial businesses include banks and other companies that generate profits through investment and management of the capital.
*Sole proprietorship: A sole proprietorship is owned by one person and operates for their benefit. The owner may operate the business alone or with other people. A sole proprietor has unlimited liability for all obligations incurred by the business, whether from operating costs or judgements against the business. All assets of the business belong to a sole proprietor, including, for example, computer infrastructure, any inventory, manufacturing equipment and/or retail fixtures, as well as any real property owned by the business.

OMG!... and if you really think you're "not liable for taxes" like you said, you had better talk to an accountant soon.
Bitcoin Tax laws on Mining are very clear.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Tax_compliance

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
raskul

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:28:51 PM

What?  Care to explain that?  Any endeavor you invest for potential profit is "Business" last time I checked.
Ever heard of this?
Sole proprietorship: A sole proprietorship is owned by one person and operates for their benefit. The owner may operate the business alone or with other people. A sole proprietor has unlimited liability for all obligations incurred by the business, whether from operating costs or judgements against the business. All assets of the business belong to a sole proprietor, including, for example, computer infrastructure, any inventory, manufacturing equipment and/or retail fixtures, as well as any real property owned by the business.

like scamming people is not a business endeavour. offering to pay people to help you and not paying them is not a business endeavour. crying like a baby because someone stole your coins and being assisted by people (in their spare time) for no reward whatsoever is not a business endeavour.
you are a total amoeba - how dare you question my remarks. GTFO.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:32:00 PM

Ever heard of this?
Sole proprietorship: A sole proprietorship is owned by one person and operates for their benefit. The owner may operate the business alone or with other people. A sole proprietor has unlimited liability for all obligations incurred by the business, whether from operating costs or judgements against the business. All assets of the business belong to a sole proprietor, including, for example, computer infrastructure, any inventory, manufacturing equipment and/or retail fixtures, as well as any real property owned by the business.

like scamming people is not a business endeavour. offering to pay people to help you and not paying them is not a business endeavour. crying like a baby because someone stole your coins and being assisted by people (in their spare time) for no reward whatsoever is not a business endeavour.
you are a total amoeba - how dare you question my remarks. GTFO.
Grow up. Misleading folks, especially on taxes, could be costly.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 ... 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 [1815] 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: