Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:05:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 [421] 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049462 times)
ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:08:38 PM

+1

220 comes into the home, then is split into 110 volt for appliances. big stuff like dryers and stoves, hot water heater etc use 220.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:12:16 PM

of course they have it
but is not for public
is secret miner

You've made some silly comments before, and now you are well and truly in Eve's territory. Do you honestly not thing you wouldn't notice the effect of their secret 28nm private mine.

Trust me you will know when they have their chips, the network will have a huge jump and then a levelling, which is why the Genesis block is so inaccurate; we already know KnC's shipping plan: A three week jump, not an exponential double, double, double.

Genesis Block's calc prediction will never happen the way people read it, never.

It will be a big spike and a level, a step up to 28nm.

Think about it, and likewise their super secret mine you are claiming would be very noticable, and not so secret!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:14:11 PM

actually O'rama, we (Americans) have both 110 & 220 installed in most households. Just the 220 is usually used for large appliances, like ovens & driers, also come with a plug end(pigtail) the size of a small fist....lol

I never knew. That said though our (EU) voltage (especially Germany) is a lot more flexible, you can step a lot higher, but I doubt people will want to turn their houses into datacentres in the long run. If you do you could prob host other peoples kit, which would be a business in itself...

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:18:00 PM

actually O'rama, we (Americans) have both 110 & 220 installed in most households. Just the 220 is usually used for large appliances, like ovens & driers, also come with a plug end(pigtail) the size of a small fist....lol

I never knew. That said though our (EU) voltage (especially Germany) is a lot more flexible, you can step a lot higher, but I doubt people will want to turn their houses into datacentres in the long run. If you do you could prob host other peoples kit, which would be a business in itself...
I could be mistaken, but I'm thinking 60hz could step higher than 50?
But of course we have 3 phase vs. ?  Not that this matters any....

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
noodle73

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:21:46 PM

We'll all be sending our miners to data centres in Russia at this rate - Russia 2.4 to 9.58 c/kw according to Wikipedia
oper128

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:26:33 PM

But of course we have 3 phase vs. ?  Not that this matters any....
Frequency is irrelevant here.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:35:32 PM

northcape

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:35:39 PM

But of course we have 3 phase vs. ?  Not that this matters any....

The point of single phase 120V versus single phase 230V is that requires twice the current to transfer the same amount of power. Frequencies have nothing at all to do with this.

The high voltage connections you are talking about are three-phase (commonly 120*sqrt3 = 200V in US, 230*sqrt3 = 400V in EU).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_electricity

Europes electricity standards are far more advanced than the US from todays standpoint.
oper128

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:43:48 PM

But of course we have 3 phase vs. ?  Not that this matters any....
Frequency is irrelevant here.
Oh, so if you open your faucet by another 20%, nothing extra comes out? In our(Pete & I) business, (alt. energy studies) frequency drive is Quite relevant.
P=UI*cos(fi) as far as I remember. Maybe cos(fi) for the same device (like PSU) will be a little different when powered with different frequency, but I don't expect it to be much different. 220V vs 110V gives you half of the current with the same power, and less current means thinner cables etc

Edit: northcape explained it earlier Smiley
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:48:59 PM

You pay VAT on things you PURCHASE, not on things you create. Not all things you purchase attract VAT either, gold and currency for example don't among many other items.
VAT is a way for government to collect tax from the consumer by using businesses to do this. VAT is also 20% not 23% here. If you can claim the VAT back, you can more than likely claim the computer equipment as a capital business expense and get some of the cost back from the tax man too.

Hi Timmers, sounds like you might be in the UK (sorry if I've made a gross assumption here). I've been wondering this for a while and you (or others) may have an accountancy background and may be able to advise. My understanding is that if you're a VAT registered business in the UK then you can buy items for the business without VAT (or claim it back in your quarterly VAT return), but you are then obliged to collect VAT at 20% for any goods or services that you provide to your customers (unless they are also a VAT registered businesses) and fill in a quarterly VAT return for HMRC where all of this is calculated.

I presume that if you are buying mining hardware for your business and your business does not use this to provide a VATable service to a customer then you presumably don't need to pay any VAT (which I think is what you're saying above). You would just need to pay tax on the income that the miner generates for the business. The only danger with this setup might be that if the business is not charging anybody VAT (so not providing any other goods or services) then HMRC might revoke the business' VAT-registered status. If you were to buy a miner without VAT and then sell it to a customer then it's clear that you would need to charge the customer VAT on the price of the miner. Here's the difficult one - if your business buys a miner and then sells shares in that miner (or shares in what it produces depending on your outlook) to customers then do you need to collect VAT on top of the price of the shares that you sell? If the miner technically remains the property of the business, but shares are sold that return a proportion of the miner's output (perhaps with some hosting fee applied by the business) then what part of that transaction is VAT applicable to (is the hosting fee the service)? Any thoughts anybody?

(By the way, when I say "you" above I'm talking about a hypothetical business by the way, not you or anybody else personally)

VAT is a minefield, that's why many businesses in the UK stay under the threshold to avoid the hassle. I think the mining business could be one where it is simple enough and beneficial to be registered though.

My mate is a freelance programmer, he is also his own limited company. He is VAT registered as his turnover is above the threshold.
This makes him more expensive to pay by 20% but as he works for large companies they claim that back...this is what is a the pest, the paperwork for nothing. What is cool though is that all his equipment and allowable expenses are fed to the tax man, and any VAT he pays he can recover. He is a small business and pays an accountant but doesn't need to really.
I asked him about this and was thinking of getting him to pay for my rig, then he could claim back that VAT and some tax relief too. His accountant said no problem. Even with the purpose of this bit of computer equipment being to mine coins..he said the same thing I thought...how would anyone know that? It's office equipment to them and they won't have a scooby doo what a bitcoin is, and even if they did...what amount would they tax you on? He said that the tax man would probably come into it when you made a capital gain selling BTC. Either way they can't check what you have. lol

AFAIK there's no VAT on shares in a company..I've never paid any. If the business was well set up I'd bet that only services provided to customers would attract VAT. I'd definitely consult a decent VAT accountant though. One thing about the VAT man, he's got some really kickass powers and can make a mess of you if you get it wrong.

You can also mitigate that power cost if you're a company. I think a lot of people with big mining setups could do well registering a company for less than 100 quid and registering for VAT and just making a loss ...getting all the perks on what they buy and what power is used. I used to claim 1/4 of my home lecky bill when I was working from there, that's very normal. Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:56:10 PM

You may also want to check about associated equipment and rent of a room in your house, or discount in your rent (if renting) as if you run your kit from where you live, there's a ew bits you can claim back. For sure VAT on elec bills as well as an associated business cost. Anything theat brings elec., down and pays you back for using your premeisis to hosty your equip is def a good thing.

Again my thinking is you get penalised as and when you convert coins to fiat currently as it's cap. gains.

Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 06:06:47 PM

of course they have it
but is not for public
is secret miner

You've made some silly comments before, and now you are well and truly in Eve's territory. Do you honestly not thing you wouldn't notice the effect of their secret 28nm private mine.

Trust me you will know when they have their chips, the network will have a huge jump and then a levelling, which is why the Genesis block is so inaccurate; we already know KnC's shipping plan: A three week jump, not an exponential double, double, double.

Genesis Block's calc prediction will never happen the way people read it, never.

It will be a big spike and a level, a step up to 28nm.

Think about it, and likewise their super secret mine you are claiming would be very noticable, and not so secret!

People will notice, but we'll have no way of knowing it was them.  Could be Cointerra, HashFast, Alydian, BTCGarden or any of the other companies springing out of nowhere to crank out ASIC products.

rizzman

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:07:23 PM

We'll all be sending our miners to data centres in Russia at this rate - Russia 2.4 to 9.58 c/kw according to Wikipedia

I was able to find space mainland USA with 2c offpeak & 3.5 cent peak rates, which is where the miners are going...
Yes, it means I have to fly there initially.

Where were you able to find it so low? Please tell... Been looking myself and the lowest i've found is @ .08/kwh..
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:45:35 PM

Meanwhile:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263445.msg3082030#msg3082030
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:55:48 PM

I was able to find space mainland USA with 2c offpeak & 3.5 cent peak rates, which is where the miners are going...

Where were you able to find it so low? Please tell... Been looking myself and the lowest i've found is @ .08/kwh..
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Keep looking, you should be able to find it.
I thought I was smart finding it, only to find other miners already there. That's the best I can do for now under NDA.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 07:02:12 PM

Yeah.  Bitfury is hashing like crazy. And KnC will soon be as well. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Bitfury actually added a support ticket to have blockchain.info add them to their chart but they haven't done it yet.

Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 07:07:48 PM

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Keep looking, you should be able to find it.
I thought I was smart finding it, only to find other miners already there. That's the best I can do for now under NDA.
damn you! now I have to search the internet for hours before pm'ing you with the question with whom you have the nda!
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 07:09:36 PM

actually O'rama, we (Americans) have both 110 & 220 installed in most households. Just the 220 is usually used for large appliances, like ovens & driers, also come with a plug end(pigtail) the size of a small fist....lol (But it's also @ 60 hz, instead of 50)

So, it's like Northern European houses, where you have 230v 2-phase for everything and 380V 25A 3-phase for kitchen ovens:

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
jlsminingcorp

Activity: 493

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 07:30:35 PM

You pay VAT on things you PURCHASE, not on things you create. Not all things you purchase attract VAT either, gold and currency for example don't among many other items.
VAT is a way for government to collect tax from the consumer by using businesses to do this. VAT is also 20% not 23% here. If you can claim the VAT back, you can more than likely claim the computer equipment as a capital business expense and get some of the cost back from the tax man too.

Hi Timmers, sounds like you might be in the UK (sorry if I've made a gross assumption here). I've been wondering this for a while and you (or others) may have an accountancy background and may be able to advise. My understanding is that if you're a VAT registered business in the UK then you can buy items for the business without VAT (or claim it back in your quarterly VAT return), but you are then obliged to collect VAT at 20% for any goods or services that you provide to your customers (unless they are also a VAT registered businesses) and fill in a quarterly VAT return for HMRC where all of this is calculated.

I presume that if you are buying mining hardware for your business and your business does not use this to provide a VATable service to a customer then you presumably don't need to pay any VAT (which I think is what you're saying above). You would just need to pay tax on the income that the miner generates for the business. The only danger with this setup might be that if the business is not charging anybody VAT (so not providing any other goods or services) then HMRC might revoke the business' VAT-registered status. If you were to buy a miner without VAT and then sell it to a customer then it's clear that you would need to charge the customer VAT on the price of the miner. Here's the difficult one - if your business buys a miner and then sells shares in that miner (or shares in what it produces depending on your outlook) to customers then do you need to collect VAT on top of the price of the shares that you sell? If the miner technically remains the property of the business, but shares are sold that return a proportion of the miner's output (perhaps with some hosting fee applied by the business) then what part of that transaction is VAT applicable to (is the hosting fee the service)? Any thoughts anybody?

(By the way, when I say "you" above I'm talking about a hypothetical business by the way, not you or anybody else personally)

VAT is a minefield, that's why many businesses in the UK stay under the threshold to avoid the hassle. I think the mining business could be one where it is simple enough and beneficial to be registered though.

My mate is a freelance programmer, he is also his own limited company. He is VAT registered as his turnover is above the threshold.
This makes him more expensive to pay by 20% but as he works for large companies they claim that back...this is what is a the pest, the paperwork for nothing. What is cool though is that all his equipment and allowable expenses are fed to the tax man, and any VAT he pays he can recover. He is a small business and pays an accountant but doesn't need to really.
I asked him about this and was thinking of getting him to pay for my rig, then he could claim back that VAT and some tax relief too. His accountant said no problem. Even with the purpose of this bit of computer equipment being to mine coins..he said the same thing I thought...how would anyone know that? It's office equipment to them and they won't have a scooby doo what a bitcoin is, and even if they did...what amount would they tax you on? He said that the tax man would probably come into it when you made a capital gain selling BTC. Either way they can't check what you have. lol

AFAIK there's no VAT on shares in a company..I've never paid any. If the business was well set up I'd bet that only services provided to customers would attract VAT. I'd definitely consult a decent VAT accountant though. One thing about the VAT man, he's got some really kickass powers and can make a mess of you if you get it wrong.

You can also mitigate that power cost if you're a company. I think a lot of people with big mining setups could do well registering a company for less than 100 quid and registering for VAT and just making a loss ...getting all the perks on what they buy and what power is used. I used to claim 1/4 of my home lecky bill when I was working from there, that's very normal. Wink

Thanks timmers and bitcoinorama, that's useful. So it seems that HMRC do have a view on BTC apparently (http://www.coindesk.com/hmrc-uk-bitcoin-exchanges-dont-have-to-register-under-money-laundering-regulations/), who'd have thought it - very progressive Wink. No word on VAT, but sounds like you're quite right with the cap. gains, which is what I would have expected too.

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 07:33:31 PM

Double digits?
Pages: « 1 ... 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 [421] 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: