Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:29:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 [1118] 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
ElGabo

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:33:54 AM

I have the same with this fuckin' UPS.

And I'm in Europe.

Fuck 'em all.......

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:35:05 AM

well now that my miner has been running more then 24hrs on .99 and my 'at pool' hashrate on slush has improved 25gh plus ...was running a very stable 555gh on .95 so waited a bit to upgrade....
(shocking what 24hrs of burn in can do)...anyway my questions:

1) enablecores download on the knc site..... do you install this the same way you install update firmware like .99 binary?

2) any danger to using this (overclocks?) core temps are higher etc? for my setup since .99 upgrade I have like 4 cores poping off/on once in a great while 1 every 1/2h or so..should I even bother?

3) the 'memory leak" people talk about when slow creep lose of hash rate (minuscule I guess) by running the knc screen all the time on the miner or putty on all the time..anyway has this leak been fixed on new version..of cgminer?   thoughts? or so lame in gh loss no big deal?

4)  as to being better dumb and lucky vs any planning on all this is $15,750 usd (21btc at 750/coin) a good haul for 31 days of mining (hell yes) and being as smug as we all are (was it unacceptable who has 11 Jupiters ...the glory...the mind boggles) ....will I ever be able go back to "bitcoin miner peasant status" if *gasp* BTC goes back down to only $200 bucks a coin..(still a good return from when I started my month of mining at $150..ah Good old BTC days or yore....where you say stuff " the good old days of btc at $150 and you mean 1 month ago*

5) Is all this BTC up Drama etc weirder then heck? as I write this www.mtgox.com is at $793 USD

my 2c worth
Searing

• Yes, just like a firmware upgrade
  • enablecores just turns on any cores that were turned off from hardware errors, not sure how useful it is if using latest firmware as cgminer turns the cores on and off itself, but if going back to earlier firmware (pre 0.98) then is a must
  • as ckolivas says its purportedly due to the web interface, which makes me think its a memory leak in the API calls? ck, maybe you could clarify, would using miner.php have the same issue?
  • Get some sleep man you are rambling Smiley
  • See 4 Cheesy

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:42:46 AM

Yep I go back to .96 all the time because none of the newer firmwares do anything to improve my Jupiter except make it use more power and then after a few days lose more GH/s

So normally for me, its reflash 0.96, reboot, flash enablecores, reboot, flash bertmod (don't reboot)

You do realize the dwindle-down effect is from using the Bertmod....?...Right?
Remember the memory issue?
You are partially responsible for helping identify the leak.
The memory won't get gobbled up if you stay off the GUI, putty, and bertmod..... and just use the pool to monitor...
Just checking...

I think its just the GUI and bertmod (seeing as it becomes pare of the GUI) putty is fine according to ckolivas.

However I've also found that it only seems to affect the newer versions of cgminer in the new firmwares, although it appears fixed in .99

The firmware I use has cgminer 3.4.0 which doesn't seem to suffer from the memory leak regardless of if you are using the web interface or not.  Huh

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
ElGabo

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:53:27 AM

'Orama!

Could you ask somebody at Knc what the fuck happened with the delivery?

Ups only give info to Knc cause they paid for shipping.

I'm not angry just broke a few chairs... Smiley

I've asked the local Ups customer service, they told me I'll receive them tomorrow so not a big mistake but......

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 09:57:05 AM

• as ckolivas says its purportedly due to the web interface, which makes me think its a memory leak in the API calls? ck, maybe you could clarify, would using miner.php have the same issue?
Miner.php wouldn't have this issue. It's allegedly due to using the json commands to the cgminer RPC API instead of the standard API calls as in use by miner.php and elsewhere.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:57:13 AM

From the very beginning I wished they used FedEx. There are much less mistakes with FedEx and if you pay $300 for shipping on anything with FedEx they'll buy lunch for you that day. I want my god damn shipping charges refunded back to me. Pathetic.

Really?? Do you know how close KnC were to being over a week late in being able to create any machines?

FedEx delivered the majority and all of the first batch of Beaglebones to the wrong country and then spent three days lying about the whereabouts in the final week of September. Marcus refuses to use Fedex ever again, for anything ever again. He hates them with a passion for this.

It was only because Beaglebone themselves worked through the day and night for three days solid and paid DHL to deliver expedited that there was any. Even though FedEx were well aware of the problem and Beaglebone found out and restarted manufacture, DHL still beat them.

The Beaglebones arrived Saturday, the chips Sunday, that's how close to line this project was!!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 10:00:09 AM

by the by you've been mining a long time...gonna sell all your BTC and buy and Island or something ..myself I've made 21 coins in a month with a Jupiter and the temptation to take the profits and run amuck with a sports car or and/other mid life crisis is strong..have no idea if you have like 100 plus coins what the last week feels like.
Funny thing about this, I've never been a big time miner... most of my btc has come from donations or paid work in btc supporting the ecosystem. Also I happen to have a full time career that has nothing to do with computing, software or bitcoin.

-ck
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:09:33 AM

Miner.php wouldn't have this issue. It's allegedly due to using the json commands to the cgminer RPC API instead of the standard API calls as in use by miner.php and elsewhere.

Cool, I hate memory leaks, tricky to track down, especially if theres multiple suspects. All I can say is that 3.4.0 with their firmware 0.96 doesn't seem to suffer from the same problem.

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 10:14:38 AM

Cool, I hate memory leaks, tricky to track down, especially if theres multiple suspects. All I can say is that 3.4.0 with their firmware 0.96 doesn't seem to suffer from the same problem.
That's because that version reported nothing via API for the device since that predates when I wrote code for it, and they never wrote any code for the device specific information.

-ck
djcoin

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:24:22 AM

From the very beginning I wished they used FedEx. There are much less mistakes with FedEx and if you pay $300 for shipping on anything with FedEx they'll buy lunch for you that day. I want my god damn shipping charges refunded back to me. Pathetic.

Really?? Do you know how close KnC were to being over a week late in being able to create any machines?

FedEx delivered the majority and all of the first batch of Beaglebones to the wrong country and then spent three days lying about the whereabouts in the final week of September. Marcus refuses to use Fedex ever again, for anything ever again. He hates them with a passion for this.

It was only because Beaglebone themselves worked through the day and night for three days solid and paid DHL to deliver expedited that there was any. Even though FedEx were well aware of the problem and Beaglebone found out and restarted manufacture, DHL still beat them.

The Beaglebones arrived Saturday, the chips Sunday, that's how close to line this project was!!

My UPS tracking shows my boards left Sweden, arrived in Germany and there were sent back to Sweden. As others are in the same position we'd appreciate it if you could you provide a clear indication if this is dodgy UPS tracking or if there is another issue?

cheers
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:25:08 AM

enablecores just turns on any cores that were turned off from hardware errors, not sure how useful it is if using latest firmware as cgminer turns the cores on and off itself, but if going back to earlier firmware (pre 0.98) then is a must[/li]

[/quote]

ok ...I thought enablecores turned them all ON all the time....if enablecores just copies cgminer turning them off and on as needed I guess I don't need the enablecores.bin patch

thanks

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:25:36 AM

That's because that version reported nothing via API for the device since that predates when I wrote code for it, and they never wrote any code for the device specific information.

Ok so I've replaced the 3.4.0 with the latest 3.8.2 and I'll run with that for 24-48 hours and see how it goes, same miner firmware that seems to work well for me, but just replace cgminer.

Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:27:45 AM

enablecores just turns on any cores that were turned off from hardware errors, not sure how useful it is if using latest firmware as cgminer turns the cores on and off itself, but if going back to earlier firmware (pre 0.98) then is a must[/li][/list]

ok ...I thought enablecores turned them all ON all the time....if enablecores just copies cgminer turning them off and on as needed I guess I don't need the enablecores.bin patch

thanks

Searing
    [/quote]

My understanding is that the enablecores just turns them all back on as a one time shot in the arm type of thing, they can still be turned off afterwards through either the later firmwares or via a version of cgminer that supports that facility.

Biomech
    Legendary

Activity: 1372
    Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
    November 19, 2013, 10:29:18 AM

Guess we shall see Mota...because I'm on an aggressive re-investment strategy....

I have exactly one problem with your strategy. Pure jealousy. I missed out, due to not being able to raise the money.

I think reinvesting in the mining equipment is a great long term strategy. I also think that if it were me, my first reinvestment would be in off grid power. Probably a combination of solar and hydro, since here in Idaho you can get remote land for very little money that has a stream or more running through it. Water wheels are cheap, and alternators aren't much more expensive. Batteries are the biggest investment, and they have a pretty good life these days. Getting the electric cost to near zero would make even the initial miners valuable for a long time, as they would simply continue to add to your hashpower as you added in more equipment 9both miners and electric generation).

This is the strategy I want to follow, assuming I can turn the financial disaster that is my current life around.
    Searing
    Copper Member
    Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
    November 19, 2013, 10:46:42 AM

enablecores just turns on any cores that were turned off from hardware errors, not sure how useful it is if using latest firmware as cgminer turns the cores on and off itself, but if going back to earlier firmware (pre 0.98) then is a must[/li][/list]

thanks

Searing

My understanding is that the enablecores just turns them all back on as a one time shot in the arm type of thing, they can still be turned off afterwards through either the later firmwares or via a version of cgminer that supports that facility.
      [/quote]

so no way to change the number of error before this happens it always says "detected 10 errors shutting off core"  kinda thing

would be nice if you could set it for like 20 errors (or maybe I'm missing something on cgminer

anyway if it just turns them all on for a time not needed for me they just toggle on/off fine on their own whim now and it is only 2 that do so every few hours and another 2 that maybe do it 2 or 3x a day

anway thanks
      Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
      gravito

Activity: 76
      Merit: 10

View Profile
      November 19, 2013, 10:46:51 AM

I just got off the phone with UPS. The lady told me that the shipment is very (very) unlikely to be delivered today (Germany) and I shall take this up with KNC (which I just did). The sender is the only one able to get UPS to investigate the issue. She said it seems the paperwork got shipped but the actual boxes were left behind.

It's sad that KNC has not already responded to the issue (it's noon in Sweden). Their decision to not sending the upgrades out Friday will result in half a week of lost mining. All I can say to this (from the bottom of my heart) is: Thank you SO much KNC. You really, REALLY rock. This is by far the fairest solution for all miners.

Totally unrelated: Congrats to those who decided not to trust KNC with the delivery and pick the boards up locally. I should have done the same.
      -ck
      Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
      November 19, 2013, 11:01:02 AM

Ok so I've replaced the 3.4.0 with the latest 3.8.2 and I'll run with that for 24-48 hours and see how it goes, same miner firmware that seems to work well for me, but just replace cgminer.
      But that will keep using the API which causes the problem if you're using the web interface... that's not a solution unless you move to ssh/putty monitoring.

-ck
      Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
      November 19, 2013, 11:14:49 AM

I just got off the phone with UPS. The lady told me that the shipment is very (very) unlikely to be delivered today (Germany) and I shall take this up with KNC (which I just did). The sender is the only one able to get UPS to investigate the issue. She said it seems the paperwork got shipped but the actual boxes were left behind.

It's sad that KNC has not already responded to the issue (it's noon in Sweden). Their decision to not sending the upgrades out Friday will result in half a week of lost mining. All I can say to this (from the bottom of my heart) is: Thank you SO much KNC. You really, REALLY rock. This is by far the fairest solution for all miners.

Totally unrelated: Congrats to those who decided not to trust KNC with the delivery and pick the boards up locally. I should have done the same.

Because this is KnC's fault, how?! ALL boxes were collected by UPS yesterday. They took them all in plastic packaging crates. UPS arrived here at 4pm. The boxes were ready, so no delay from us whatsoever.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
      1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
      Searing
      Copper Member
      Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
      November 19, 2013, 11:34:05 AM

Because this is KnC's fault, how?! ALL boxes were collected by UPS yesterday. They took them all in plastic packaging crates. UPS arrived here at 4pm. The boxes were ready, so no delay from us whatsoever.

Because of this it is your fault:
      to be fair to everybody that ordered within those 7 minutes, they are all being shipped at the same time on Monday.
      You could have shipped them last week (maybe not all...but a significant number). They were advertised that way you know....

prob would not matter whatever the issue with UPS and the boxes would probably have happened then as well...of course may have saved a day in untangling the mess but then again the weekend so probably not  imho just saying (like I really know anything about this  but seems likely)

ElGabo

View Profile
      November 19, 2013, 11:35:40 AM

I think it was not Knc's fault.

But 'Orama, could somebody call Ups from Knc and ask what happened? They give info only for Knc....

This is only history but I'd only like to know what happened.

Pages: « 1 ... 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 [1118] 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 ... 2137 »
        Print  

Jump to: