Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2019, 02:00:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com  (Read 71718 times)
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:57:00 PM

No idea on the hardware side what's going on as I've said previously. What I mean is they're uniquely different in terms of what software support they need to work which makes it clear they're different to any other hardware. So from my perspective, it's pretty clear this is different hardware and not just faked, even if I'm only getting to work on them remotely for now.

Finally! Great news! Thank you!

H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622998.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Get signals when whales enter & exit a market 74% average win rate
full binance integration
TRY NOW!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wavelengthsf

Activity: 434
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:24:40 AM

I'm now currently working on cleaning up the drivers for these devices. The code is the usual disaster area I've come to expect from in-house drivers but hopefully by the time you see the code it won't be so bad. Again, I'm only working remotely on them but they're quite different to anything I've worked with before.

I'm convinced they're real based on this. I think the speculation shift for me is now on reliability, customer support, and delivery times.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1688

Avalon 841 rocks

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:36:30 AM

I'm now currently working on cleaning up the drivers for these devices. The code is the usual disaster area I've come to expect from in-house drivers but hopefully by the time you see the code it won't be so bad. Again, I'm only working remotely on them but they're quite different to anything I've worked with before.

I'm convinced they're real based on this. I think the speculation shift for me is now on reliability, customer support, and delivery times.

yeah  that is what makes or breaks them.

I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net...
I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
Dr.Mann

Activity: 40
Merit: 120

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:07:44 AM
Merited by frodocooper (3), vapourminer (1)

No idea on the hardware side what's going on as I've said previously. What I mean is they're uniquely different in terms of what software support they need to work which makes it clear they're different to any other hardware. So from my perspective, it's pretty clear this is different hardware and not just faked, even if I'm only getting to work on them remotely for now.
This is probably the most solid information I've seen from this project. [....]

Yes, -ck's reply is the most solid information yet posted on this project. On the other hand, unicornflex's post is the most solid counter viewpoint, and everyone here should consider it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2443327.msg29757421#msg29757421

I'd like to pose the following questions with all respect to -ck:

1. If you were hired by a corporation to work on the DragonMint, can you please confirm that the entity is a legally valid entity and is incorporated in the jurisdiction in which it operates? In which country is Halong Mining operating?

2. If you were hired by an individual, and not by a corporation, can you confirm that this person has an actual first and last name, and that he/she has an identity that you can confirm from a reliable/neutral third party source? (I am not asking for his/her name, just that you know him/her to have a real name. So far, I can find no one who claims to be employed by Halong Mining.)

3. Are you able to confirm the identity of anyone else (especially engineers and management) working for or with Halong Mining?

4. Without violating any confidentiality agreement you may have signed (did you sign one?), can you please describe in general (or specific) terms the scope of work you are performing remotely on the DragonMint software, beyond just cleaning up the drivers?

5. Do you foresee any obstacles that are already pointing to a delay of the March DragonMint shipments, which are presumably right around the corner?

6. Are you willing to stake your credibility as a longstanding, highly merited user of the BitcoinTalk forum, that the DragonMint is real and it will ship?

Thank you in advance for your reply to these questions, -ck.

No, I am not a "BitMain" plant seeking to spread FUD.  I'm someone who actually paid for several DragonMints (more than the MOQ), and I hope I've not been scammed. I'm awaiting delivery in April ("Batch 2" according to my Halong receipt). I obviously want the DragonMints to be real, but I am not "cheering" for them because they are aware of the angst among those who preordered, but they don't address our legitimate questions, which they easily could do, and I find that irresponsible at best, and immoral at worst. Shame on me, because I did not do as much due diligence as I usually do before I made an impulsive purchase from Halong, so if I get scammed, I suppose I only have myself to blame.

One final thought. I have noticed that HalongMining's user account on this forum is very active (even with only one post). I've checked HalongMining's profile on this forum (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1306440) just about every day for the last three weeks. Without fail, the account always shows as "Last Active" within the last 12-18 hours. So HalongMining is presumably aware of the questions we have, but Halong won't make even a modest attempt to answer them. Why?
philipma1957
Legendary

Avalon 841 rocks

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:12:20 AM

So HalongMining is presumably aware of the questions we have, but Halong won't make even a modest attempt to answer them. Why?

Just a different PR style

of which you are part of.

How many pages and views?

70 pages and more then 33000 views.

And  here is new gear with a next to perfect review

2 threads

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2616205.msg26619428#msg26619428

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2937129.0

12 pages ------ 5604 views and it does exsist

2 pages ------ 658 views and it is close to a prefect review

So  this thread got far more action  then the two Avalon 821 threads above.

We are left here with how do they service  this gear and ship it on time.

Yoshi promised 1 early unit to me.  I will shoot him another email in the morning to see if he has a timeline for me.

I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
Dr.Mann

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:00:01 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2018, 05:10:18 AM by Dr.Mann
Merited by frankenmint (45), frodocooper (1)

So HalongMining is presumably aware of the questions we have, but Halong won't make even a modest attempt to answer them. Why?

[....] We are left here with how do they service  this gear and ship it on time.

Yoshi promised 1 early unit to me.  I will shoot him another email in the morning to see if he has a timeline for me.

With all due respect, Phil, we are left with much more than that. Unicornflex did us the favor of listing out many valid concerns that remain unanswered.

Even Adam Back points to Halong's affiliation with MyRig as evidence of Halong's legitimacy. Here's his tweet: https://twitter.com/adam3us/status/956149454549155841

But it is incontrovertible that "MyRig, Inc." isn't an "Inc." at all. Just go to the Colorado Secretary of State's web site (http://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/BusinessEntityCriteriaExt.do?resetTransTyp=Y), as Unicornflex pointed out, and search for MyRig, and you'll find zero results. I have no doubt that MyRig provided a valuable service to some clients for months, maybe even more than 1 or 2 years, but MyRig could easily be part of a long con. We know MyRig claims to be validly incorporated even though it isn't. Red flag. Does that concern anyone else? Phil, will you please ask Yoshi to explain this disturbing discrepancy for us?

Finally, Phil, just because this thread has 70 pages and >33000 views does not mean that Halong has done its brand equity any favors by employing a "different PR style." The answer to that question remains to be seen. Do you believe that those who preordered from Halong, but who are now experiencing angst are likely to be repeat customers of Halong? Please do share with us what you learn from Yoshi about the early unit he's promised you. I hope you can provide some good news.
philipma1957
Legendary

Avalon 841 rocks

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:59:33 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2018, 11:26:32 PM by frodocooper

With all due respect, Phil, we are left with much more than that...

I will email him on the weekend. I don't care if  they are not revealing their business name.
Say it is:

IBM dba MyRig,Inc
Apple dba MyRig,Inc

searching MyRig,Inc  will get no info.

Butterfly labs bult a lot of gear  that they mined with and did not ship.

I am not saying this company is doing that.   But until it gets into miners hands  most people think it is what happened or will happen.
So while I know the  gear is out there  it simply does not mean this ends how I want it to end.

Ie  I get an early rig  I get 4 more a few weeks later and pay for it all on a cc or paypal credit.

I have always maintained to wait to buy here would be wise  please don't preorder.

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to trim the quote from Dr.Mann.)

blendahtom

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:40:10 PM

We'll be finding out very soon.  Wink

I signed an NDA .. so I'm biased but I'm quite convinced of their legitimacy.
Dr.Mann

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:04:41 PM
Merited by frodocooper (2)

I don't care if  they are not revealing their business name.
Say it is:

IBM dba MyRig,Inc
Apple dba MyRig,Inc

searching MyRig,Inc  will get no info.

Phil, the information you've posted above is factually incorrect. When one searches the Colorado Secretary of State's database (http://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/BusinessEntityCriteriaExt.do?resetTransTyp=Y), the search results show which entities are validly incorporated. It also shows "DBA" ("Doing Business As") results, which are also known as "trade names."

An entity that is transacting under a trade name (a.k.a. a "DBA") must disclose that it is operating under a trade name. Registering the trade name with the Colorado Secretary of State is required under Colorado law as it provides notice to the world as to the underlying entity or person accountable for the business. (See Colorado Revised Statutes, §71-101, "Statement of trade name required", available by searching the CRS from here: https://leg.colorado.gov/laws.)

The entire reason that a business's real name and ownership must be publicly disclosed is accountability in case the business is a bad actor. For example, a business must be held accountable by government authorities for criminal action or other wrong-doing, or a person or corporation may wish to bring a civil action against that business for some other violation of rights, such as fraud. If an entity were permitted not to reveal its business name, as you suggest, holding it accountable would be difficult or impossible not only for the government, but also for the average citizen. We don't accept that scenario in the U.S. among legitimate businesses.

Within Colorado, the state in which it has been operating (at a UPS Store private mailbox address), "MyRig, Inc." is not validly incorporated, it is not operating under a trade name or a DBA, and therefore we have no way to hold it accountable in Colorado if it is part of a long con with Halong Mining. To that extent, MyRig is not credible and fails even the most rudimentary due diligence test. Halong Mining's touted "affiliation" with MyRig casts doubt on Halong and the entire DragonMint product line until such time that those responsible for "MyRig, Inc." step forward and explain this discrepancy.
andytranter

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Am i a millionaire yet?

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:05:34 PM

We'll be finding out very soon.  Wink

Scott Offord has been reincarnated! ! ! ! !

Made you look!
Searing
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1102

Clueless!

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:12:23 PM

We'll be finding out very soon.  Wink

Seems a lot of work to give a Newbie post a NDA when all the frack they have to do is show a unit running as a demo......

I mean really, if this stuff exists...how clueless do they think we are....a newbie account with 4 posts for crying out loud saying I signed a NDA

trust me...sheesh....still smells....even it the units exist..they have pre-mined the f*ck out of them...they likely will be overpriced compared to prices when shipped

and likely IMHO late, with other excuses....

Try out www.synchro.net An 'Old School' BBS (Bulletin Board System) works on Win /10/8/7 and Linux!
Three-minute install. The last upgrade was Jan 1st, 2019. I think you will be impressed by this project!
blendahtom

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:41:58 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2018, 11:37:44 PM by frodocooper

Seems a lot of work to give a Newbie post a NDA when all the frack they have to do is show a unit running as a demo......

I mean really, if this stuff exists...how clueless do they think we are....a newbie account with 4 posts for crying out loud saying I signed a NDA

trust me...sheesh....still smells....even it the units exist..they have pre-mined the f*ck out of them...they likely will be overpriced compared to prices when shipped

and likely IMHO late, with other excuses....

I'll be happy to post pics when my batch comes in.

How's that sound?

T

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove a nested quote.)
Searing
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:47:40 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2018, 11:36:30 PM by frodocooper

How's that sound?

T

same song, same dance ...IF they come in...and IF they come in NOT late...and IF they come in not pre-mined...and IF they come in, at any better rate of price

then just getting a bitmain unit that also ships in March 2018 with less angst and the same 'dubious' ROI with all the 3 months of accumulated bitmain units that

all dump at the same time in March.....

but sure, you ACTUALLY get one...I'm always up for 'unicorn spotting' Smiley

seriously though, I hope it all works out...but this will be the biggest clusterf*ck of a launch I have EVER seen, since being into crypto from 2013...IF IT IS NOT a

scam, if it IS a scam (or late/or whatever/or pre-mined) that I've seen plenty of since 2013

good luck!

brad

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove multiple nested quotes.)

Try out www.synchro.net An 'Old School' BBS (Bulletin Board System) works on Win /10/8/7 and Linux!
Three-minute install. The last upgrade was Jan 1st, 2019. I think you will be impressed by this project!
Dr.Mann

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:52:08 PM
Merited by frodocooper (1)

How's that sound?

Honestly, it sounds unconvincing and sparse. How about disclosing today any other details about the circumstances surrounding your opportunity to sign the NDA, short of violating your NDA? There is much you can tell us without violating any NDA you claim you signed. Who are you? What can you tell us about your mining history and plans? What processes and tools do you like to use to verify the authenticity of mining hardware when given the opportunity to inspect it? What due diligence checks do you like to conduct on businesses that sell mining hardware? These are general questions and not specific to Halong Mining, so it would not violate an NDA to answer in general terms not specific to any one company.
blendahtom

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:56:08 PM

How's that sound?

Honestly, it sounds unconvincing and sparse. How about disclosing today any other details about the circumstances surrounding your opportunity to sign the NDA, short of violating your NDA? There is much you can tell us without violating any NDA you claim you signed. Who are you? What can you tell us about your mining history and plans? What processes and tools do you like to use to verify the authenticity of mining hardware when given the opportunity to inspect it? What due diligence checks do you like to conduct on businesses that sell mining hardware? These are general questions and not specific to Halong Mining, so it would not violate an NDA to answer in general terms not specific to any one company.

I'd rather wait  Cool
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1160

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 09:09:55 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2018, 02:11:06 AM by -ck
Merited by Searing (1)

I've been hired by bitmain warrantymyrig, I know the person by name personally who hired me, the scope is extremely flexible just to clean up whatever's involved with the driver, my reputation speaks for itself, the device is definitely real but I couldn't possibly speak for timelines of production and guarantee delivery ffs that has nothing to do with me.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer and ckpool/ckproxy.
ZERO FEE Pooled mining at ckpool.org, 1% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Searing
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:24:32 PM

I've been hired by bitmain warranty, I know the person by name personally who hired me, the scope is extremely flexible just to clean up whatever's involved with the driver, my reputation speaks for itself, the device is definitely real but I couldn't possibly speak for timelines of production and guarantee delivery ffs that has nothing to do with me.

I stand corrected on your post. I too believe it is real....but (see my previous posts) you guys are NOT out of the woods yet, who ordered...I wish you luck

however and hope it works out AT LEAST as well as you all just getting some Bitmain Units (also stated for March 2018).  Thus worse case for the folk

that ordered was a lot angst, to be in the same 'boat' as bitmain folk getting stuff in March for sha-256....knock wood.......

again, I've been on the wrong end of these deals before, would not wish it on anybody....would rather eat crow...(by the way how does one season crow? Seems

I mentioned something about 'eating crow' if the product existed.....but am unclear on proper preparation etc Sad

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1160

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 09:46:53 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2018, 10:01:24 PM by -ck

My bad sorry, bitmain warranty is now called myrig. BTW I have absolutely no financial stake in the company whatsoever beyond being paid to do cgminer driver cleanups so I have nothing to gain by staking my reputation on them.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer and ckpool/ckproxy.
ZERO FEE Pooled mining at ckpool.org, 1% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Bob-Bit

Activity: 234
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:14:02 AM

I believe you CK. Maybe they are just avoiding talking to anyone because once you open the door every idiot in the world is going to have 20 repetitive questions, in 27 different languages, and they are trying to put every ounce of their energy into the actual product, and getting it out on time. There could be a language barrier that makes it even more difficult (having to have someone translate, or proofread your replies to make sure there aren't any errors, or that the english sounds...like english) Like if anyone on here ever got someones email and distributed it, it could be a huge hassle when you're working 60 hour weeks to meet a deadline. Also, sometimes the nerd factor could come into play. Someone could be the most skilled electronic inventor/software engineer in the world, and be so socially awkward they have trouble looking the girl at Burger King in the eye. I know some people exactly like this. I'm cheering this project on, I really hope it ends up being real, and that my lack of faith doesn't screw me out of being able to get one on the second batch at least. I didn't have the moneys to get one of the first batch, if I had even gotten screwed on one of them it would of put my whole operation in serious jeopardy, as I never got into the game till the last halving, and I'm still building slowly. Good luck to everyone, and may all your miners ship on time!

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅✈✈✈ (https://privcy.eu/)
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:29:57 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2018, 11:33:15 PM by frodocooper

If all goes well, u can test a unit in march right?

Phil, why not u just pay them for one unit first and get that one unit shipped asap and tested before u pay them for the other 4. This is still not a sure thing. There are those that say they could have been in innosilicon factory. That would explain the vid because there were no other DM stickers on the other DM units that are wrapped in plastic. There were DM stickers only for the units on show. There is a chance that they did get into innosilicon factory as others say....and maybe placed the stickers there.
CK never saw or tested the units. He helped them remotely only. This is not a 100% either.

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to trim the quote from philipma1957.)

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.