Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2018, 11:48:43 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.0  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DragonMint 16TH/S halongmining.com  (Read 47251 times)
Dr.Mann

Activity: 31
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:22:13 AM
Merited by frodocooper (1)

MyRig tweeted yesterday and Halong Mining retweeted that the DragonMint has received FCC certification. In addition, Halong Mining has printed the FCC logo on the decal affixed to the side panel of the DragonMint.  See: https://i.imgur.com/dZeTlvw.png

However, after searching the FCC's Equipment Authorization database for "Halong Mining", "Halong", and "MyRig", I am unable to confirm the existence of this certification, finding zero results. I performed the search here under the "Applicant Name" field: https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm

The search page screenshot is here: https://i.imgur.com/tL8qUGJ.png

The null results screenshot is here https://i.imgur.com/aW7sK9w.png

Halong Mining, please share information to clarify the discrepancy between your claim and what exists in the FCC's database.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1047

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 08:36:59 AM

Yes, but why should pools change their protocol because one mining company says so? Why not make chips that hash at their advertised rates, and then ASICBOOT if your pool supports it to get up to higher rates?
Pools are designed to make money from miners. Do you think pools will refuse to implement it and shut out potential new customers?

Will CKPool support it day 1?
It's already deployed on both ckpools Smiley I'm mining with an experimental sample already on ckpool.org

Do you have any real numbers of how it performs with Asicboost on or off on the pool?

Cheers
It's an engineering sample so not final silicon but this one is doing 15.5TH. I don't have it here so cannot comment on power draw. It's 1/4 speed trying to mine on a pool without asicboost if I force it to but basically it will currently refuse to mine on a pool that doesn't support it for now.

Primary developer/maintainer for cgminer and ckpool/ckproxy.
ZERO FEE Pooled mining at ckpool.org 1% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 08:56:04 AM

By the way I forgot to mention with my rewritten driver and this hardware's capabilities, it is an excellent match for p2pool; probably the first ASIC in a very long time to be. The reject rate I'm getting at my pool with this miner is <0.1%

-ck
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:46:56 AM

Yes, but why should pools change their protocol because one mining company says so? Why not make chips that hash at their advertised rates, and then ASICBOOT if your pool supports it to get up to higher rates?
Pools are designed to make money from miners. Do you think pools will refuse to implement it and shut out potential new customers?

Will CKPool support it day 1?
It's already deployed on both ckpools Smiley I'm mining with an experimental sample already on ckpool.org

Do you have any real numbers of how it performs with Asicboost on or off on the pool?

Cheers
It's an engineering sample so not final silicon but this one is doing 15.5TH. I don't have it here so cannot comment on power draw. It's 1/4 speed trying to mine on a pool without asicboost if I force it to but basically it will currently refuse to mine on a pool that doesn't support it for now.

So here's the rub, and I'll quote my question from another thread.

Thing that I'd like some clarity on, ASICboost was only suppost to improve the efficiency of a miner, not its hashing speed, so it did the same but used less power. Overall of course this would lead to either being able to push the miner faster for the same power usage (if the hardware could handle it) or running more individual miners but using the same power. (e.g. if it gave a 25% reduction in power, you could run 5 miners for the power you used to run 4 miners)

Is this new version of overt ASICboost different? There are hints that the Dragonmint miners will only run at 1/4 speed on non-asicboost pools. That sort of doesn't line up with how we all thought ASICboost

Mine at pools that pay transaction fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
If anyone wants a £100 bitmain coupon free please pm me.
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 11:07:20 AM

So here's the rub, and I'll quote my question from another thread.

Thing that I'd like some clarity on, ASICboost was only suppost to improve the efficiency of a miner, not its hashing speed, so it did the same but used less power. Overall of course this would lead to either being able to push the miner faster for the same power usage (if the hardware could handle it) or running more individual miners but using the same power. (e.g. if it gave a 25% reduction in power, you could run 5 miners for the power you used to run 4 miners)

Is this new version of overt ASICboost different? There are hints that the Dragonmint miners will only run at 1/4 speed on non-asicboost pools. That sort of doesn't line up with how we all thought ASICboost
It's the same form of asicboost but avoiding the switching topology to enable/disable asicboost makes the chips simpler and smaller.

-ck
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1034

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:52:44 PM

It's the same form of asicboost but avoiding the switching topology to enable/disable asicboost makes the chips simpler and smaller.
In other words if a pool does not support AB the miner does NOT meet their advertised spec. Again Halong takes the 'our way and love it or bugger off' approach to their product and marketing. How are they any different than Bitmain in that respect? Answer: they are actually worse because BM so far has not crossed the false advertising (by omission) line.

Considering the nature of the AB patent and the Halong corporate attitude, personally I'm happy to say screw them and wait until Canaan joins the AB club.

-Joshua Zipkin aka Joshua Alexander leaked AMT A1 miner skype chats http://bit.ly/1Qjt6lj
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.    HaggsFIN trip to Canaan
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:20:18 PM

Ah, looks like a happy ending.

I still don't understand the obfuscation though. They could've been upfront about who and what they were without letting the important details slip. Even if they don't need the custom, they should've respected the well earned paranoia around here.

We aren't familiar with the intricacies of the Chinese way of doing business Smiley

Bitmain had it hidden from the public and had the patent for it meaning no one else could use the technology giving them an unfair advantage. The halong group paid dearly for the patent to buy it and then opened it up with the blockchain defensive patent license - this license means anyone can use the asicboost technology provided they don't patent anything else in their hardware. Think about it - they paid for the license, only to open it up for everyone. No one has an unfair technology advantage now.

Oh wow. Thank you!

iCEBREAKER is a troll! He and cypherdoc helped HashFast scam 50 Million $ from its customers !
H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622998.0
Thetaj

Activity: 266
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:09:11 PM

In other words if a pool does not support AB the miner does NOT meet their advertised spec. Again Halong takes the 'our way and love it or bugger off' approach to their product and marketing. How are they any different than Bitmain in that respect? Answer: they are actually worse because BM so far has not crossed the false advertising (by omission) line.

Considering the nature of the AB patent and the Halong corporate attitude, personally I'm happy to say screw them and wait until Canaan joins the AB club.

I hope we're not holding our breath for long about the second part.
dimaze

Activity: 143
Merit: 32

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:07:42 PM

The default software will not allow you to even mine on non-AsicBoost pools. You'd have to modify it to do so (at the cost of efficiency and voiding the warranty probably)

Halong clarified that the speed would be no different, it'd be 16T regardless, it's just efficiency that takes a hit if the software was modified to a non-AB pool.

I'm wondering when the other manufacturers will hop on the overt AB bandwagon.

kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:08:45 PM

The default software will not allow you to even mine on non-AsicBoost pools. You'd have to modify it to do so (at the cost of efficiency and voiding the warranty probably)

Halong clarified that the speed would be no different, it'd be 16T regardless, it's just efficiency that takes a hit if the software was modified to a non-AB pool.

I'm wondering when the other manufacturers will hop on the overt AB bandwagon.

-ck said he was only seeing 1/4 speed after modifying to run on a non-AsicBoost pool, I'm inclined to believe him as he has one in hand.
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 09:22:42 PM

No manufacturer will make a new miner without asicboost now and lose the 20% efficiency gains. Efficiency is everything in this game and I can't see any maker passing it up now. It'll only be a matter of time.

-ck
Shazam!!!

Activity: 224
Merit: 131

#takeminingback

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:30:16 PM

No manufacturer will make a new miner without asicboost now and lose the 20% efficiency gains. Efficiency is everything in this game and I can't see any maker passing it up now. It'll only be a matter of time.

Hopefully some manufacturers can offer some sort of updates to their recent equipment as well. Also, will the DRAGONMINT come
Pre configured with Slush, or your pool? Hopefully, it's yours, and it can help out Non-Corporate for once!

Corporate Mining Pools are Stealing Your Money and Centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Learn the Truth about Big Corporate Mining Pools!!! Be Part of The BTCitcoin Community!!!
I Mine at a Pool That Supports BTCitcoin's Health and Longevity!!! No Hidden Fees, No Empty BTClocks!!! Kano's Pool  BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
kebabman

Activity: 655

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:27:55 AM

-ck what work is involved pool side to support AsicBoost?
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 10:24:04 AM

Hopefully some manufacturers can offer some sort of updates to their recent equipment as well. Also, will the DRAGONMINT come
Pre configured with Slush, or your pool? Hopefully, it's yours, and it can help out Non-Corporate for once!
Asicboost needs asic chip hardware support. As far as I'm aware, the S9 had asicboost built in but bitmain never managed to get their software support working. It's not entirely impossible that it could be made to work but bitmain have been so secretive about everything, and so incompetent in their coding that it may never happen. No other hardware as far as I'm aware has the capability so there is no way to modify it to work.

I've been talking to halong about their pool selection and it's not clear what they're going to do but they'll probably not configure default pools but come with recommendations instead. I don't see ckpool.org suddenly becoming massive from this even though it's fee free, though they did find that pretty exciting when I first told them.

-ck
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 10:25:04 AM

The code to support it is in my public gits already. It needs to support a couple of new stratum messages and know how to handle an extra parameter on shares being returned.

-ck
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1177

Avalon 841 rocks

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:51:32 AM

The code to support it is in my public gits already. It needs to support a couple of new stratum messages and know how to handle an extra parameter on shares being returned.

I look forward to pointing it at your pool.

I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net...
I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:51:43 PM

I look forward to pointing it at your pool.

Same

iCEBREAKER is a troll! He and cypherdoc helped HashFast scam 50 Million $ from its customers !
H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622998.0
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 308
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:03:29 PM

Hmmm it seems there is nothing stopping canaan,bitmain, innosilicon, gmo, etc from also joining this patent alliance and making a miner that is 20% faster. Since its full hash power is for btc only and it hashes at 1/4 speed without asicboost, perhaps there will be a btc miner and a sha256 miner for bch and other sha256 coins going forward.

Selling at 20% of coupon price aka 80% off.
Selling 2 bitmain 125 USD coupons, 18 bitmain 100 USD coupon, 1 bitmain 50 USD coupon

PM me
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1177

Avalon 841 rocks

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:10:45 PM

Hmmm it seems there is nothing stopping canaan,bitmain, innosilicon, gmo, etc from also joining this patent alliance and making a miner that is 20% faster. Since its full hash power is for btc only and it hashes at 1/4 speed without asicboost, perhaps there will be a btc miner and a sha256 miner for bch and other sha256 coins going forward.

Would be nice to get the boost out in the open and across all the pools

I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net...
I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
Megaquake

Activity: 576

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 02:13:16 PM

I see that these are available for order not pre order, if I purchased one today when would I expect to take delivery since they do not guarantee that they will even be delivered?  

EDIT: I do see May for delivery and that is a good wait but to be expected I guess
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.