Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:02:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166628 times)
Deena

Activity: 238
Merit: 49

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:31:46 PM

some noobs just feel they have been scammed, just after 1 week they register and make a lot of new account to be sell
and now with this new system they feel, all of their hardwork are for nothing, spamming on the threads, now its become nothing because their rank were stuck.
You're a member and hardly of higher rank than a noob yourself. And chances are high that you will never reach the full member status. Though the going along with the Legendary's opinion of course is in your merit advantage.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mind Control

Activity: 224
Merit: 41

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:34:20 PM

The quality of post does not depend on the length but on the content.

Wrong. It depends in reality upon subjective sympathy, mainly that of the chosen few with super merit powers. Just like the trust system.

The hell are you saying? It appears you're a butthurt Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
gopaljiverma

Activity: 93
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:35:35 PM

I have a long list of reasons why i detest this new system:

1. It DOES NOT IN ANY WAY REDUCE SPAMMING, it only changes the game to hustling, begging and trading the so called shit merit
2. I already foresee these so called merits becoming some high value market commodity...i hear people are already buying and selling the damned thing! Well, I for one do not have a dime to give to anyone in the name of trying to rank up.
3. What happens to true lovers of the community like me who have been ranking up through honest and detailed as well as informative posts all this while? Suddenly that motivation has gone out the window.
4. It has officially killed the ability of anyone to genuinely rank up cos even if one deserves to be 'merited', no one is willing to give them out freely.

In summary, MERIT SUCKS AND THIS DECISION SHOULD BE REVERSED TO PRESERVE THIS COMMUNITY from going into half communism, half capitalism mode.

There!! I just posted a very long non spammy write up but thanks to the new system, it doesn't count for dust!  Sad

1) Trading will result in negative trust. Already being given.

2) This merits are finite and eventually become scarce. It will be in hands of more responsible people with time.

3) You should  feel more motivated to gain those merits.

4) I got some and they were for free. I think you can do better.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 05:36:14 PM
Merited by bill gator (1)

Another request:

Besides the +Merit button, I'd like to see some common, immediate actions like "+1", "+2" and "+5".
Ideally with jQuery so that no other window is opened, or at least a JS alert (like when we click "Watch"),
or a jQuery UI Dialog which could have those 3 buttons, besides "Cancel".

I think this would increase the usage of this feature, as it would be much faster and easier.

Request:

I'd like to see a link to download raw data regarding the latest merit activity.
Basically this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=recent but as txt, json, csv or similar format including name/id of sender, name/id of receiver and post ID.

When the DT was provided as text some interesting processing was possible.
With merit raw data we could easily write scripts to find suspicious activity, to show it graphically, advanced stats, among other things.

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:41:31 PM

Oh sweet Jesus 68 pages in a day wow. I guess I can't trudge through this all lol. So in a nutshell this new merit system is similar to what the Reddit karma is, right? Upvoting comments we really like?
sanek59

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:44:54 PM

According to my mind this is a good idea.But not for me.
adotrulez

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:45:19 PM

I have a long list of reasons why i detest this new system:

1. It DOES NOT IN ANY WAY REDUCE SPAMMING, it only changes the game to hustling, begging and trading the so called shit merit
2. I already foresee these so called merits becoming some high value market commodity...i hear people are already buying and selling the damned thing! Well, I for one do not have a dime to give to anyone in the name of trying to rank up.
3. What happens to true lovers of the community like me who have been ranking up through honest and detailed as well as informative posts all this while? Suddenly that motivation has gone out the window.
4. It has officially killed the ability of anyone to genuinely rank up cos even if one deserves to be 'merited', no one is willing to give them out freely.

In summary, MERIT SUCKS AND THIS DECISION SHOULD BE REVERSED TO PRESERVE THIS COMMUNITY from going into half communism, half capitalism mode.

There!! I just posted a very long non spammy write up but thanks to the new system, it doesn't count for dust!  Sad

1) Trading will result in negative trust. Already being given.

2) This merits are finite and eventually become scarce. It will be in hands of more responsible people with time.

3) You should  feel more motivated to gain those merits.

4) I got some and they were for free. I think you can do better.

To resolve this cos I'm not in the mood to defend my comments as I think they make maximum sense to anyone who's been here even a short while. Go to my profile (if you have the time, and see my posts history).

That said, I think you can do better.
adotrulez

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:46:58 PM

Oh sweet Jesus 68 pages in a day wow. I guess I can't trudge through this all lol. So in a nutshell this new merit system is similar to what the Reddit karma is, right? Upvoting comments we really like?

Naaa...if it was like Reddit's Karma there would be a lot more happy genuine users of this forum after that announcement was made.
thaayb

Activity: 216
Merit: 104

🥇🥉🎖

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:51:22 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 06:19:56 PM by thaayb
Merited by suchmoon (1)

Basically I do not give a fuck about merit. It does not affect me in any way. I am registered since 2012 and still full member only. I do not care about user ranks, why should anybody anyway? There are no posting restrictions, so stop complaining.

Kavallo

Activity: 395
Merit: 129

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:52:39 PM

Just like with beggars on the street, I would be willing to give to a beggar that’s creative. I would give this guy $10.

Of course, a creative beggar is providing a service which should be rewarded. However, I'm afraid 10$ would solve only a few micron of that beggar's problem Smiley
So should we open a CREATIVE MERIT BEGGING thread? Wink
That would open the way to a whole new ecology of merit-rewarding games and competitions, even though I am afraid that the true spirit of the reform could get *slightly* twisted in the process...

That’s probably the most positive thing someone has said in this thread yet. It would be interesting to see an off-topic thread devoted to games and competitions that paid in merit. Creative begging could pull beggars from other sections of the forum and let them go nuts in off-topic without being banned. LOL

I'm happy you've appreciated it.
But if this is allegedly "the most positive thing someone has said in this thread yet", why did I not receive any single merit by anyone? I'm afraid that begging will really become a much better way of receiving merits than just doing your good sincere posts. That's because there are so many form of begging - direct ones, indirect ones, implicit ones, suggested ones, and I won't mention butt-licking - hooops... I did it. It's true that this new merit criteria will probably slow down spam, but in the best case scenario it will also push most people who are not legendary yet to conformism and thus to express only opinions which are likely to get rewarded with merit.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:07:19 PM

Just like with beggars on the street, I would be willing to give to a beggar that’s creative. I would give this guy $10.

Of course, a creative beggar is providing a service which should be rewarded. However, I'm afraid 10$ would solve only a few micron of that beggar's problem Smiley
So should we open a CREATIVE MERIT BEGGING thread? Wink
That would open the way to a whole new ecology of merit-rewarding games and competitions, even though I am afraid that the true spirit of the reform could get *slightly* twisted in the process...

That’s probably the most positive thing someone has said in this thread yet. It would be interesting to see an off-topic thread devoted to games and competitions that paid in merit. Creative begging could pull beggars from other sections of the forum and let them go nuts in off-topic without being banned. LOL

I'm happy you've appreciated it.
But if this is allegedly "the most positive thing someone has said in this thread yet", why did I not receive any single merit by anyone? I'm afraid that begging will really become a much better way of receiving merits than just doing your good sincere posts. That's because there are so many form of begging - direct ones, indirect ones, implicit ones, suggested ones, and I won't mention butt-licking - hooops... I did it. It's true that this new merit criteria will probably slow down spam, but in the best case scenario it will also push most people who are not legendary yet to conformism and thus to express only opinions which are likely to get rewarded with merit.

Maybe, but there are people that don’t like conformity and will give you merit. I think like minded people will support each other by giving each other merit. That’s the same problem the Reddit karma system has. It doesn’t foster good debates it forms cliques. I’ve seen groups of the same people move into a thread on reddit and crush someone that has a different view from their own. This system may actually curtail spam and abuse or it may force people into little groups that form into larger beasts by increasing the like minded membership in their clique. Only time will tell.

YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 06:08:27 PM

We can apply for a "position" as a Merit Source, by gathering 10 posts for evaluation.

What are you trying to say here? That is not a suggestion, my suggestions are at the end of the post.
What you quoted is actually the procedure that needs to be done for someone to try to become a merit source.
You can actually read that in the OP of this thread:

Exactly, bud. I wasn't commenting on your suggestion but on the policy in place, hence the analogy and expressing how much work will be required by mods in maintaining the sM system of things, equating to less time modding rogue agents and more time dedicated to advancing the sM thingy for non-rogue(?) agents [who enjoy corned beef hash].

Apologies for any confusion.

YuTü.Co.in

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 06:10:35 PM
Merited by AGD (1)

Hoвыe пpaвилa к зaчeтy и нoвoмy paнгy зaмeщaют cтapыe пpaвилa или лишь дoпoлняют?

I just gave you 1 sM, bud. Use it to purchase a English primer.  Tongue Tongue Tongue

iLatios

Activity: 327
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:15:10 PM

If you send 10 merits, they are taken from your account?
For example, Full Member has 100 merit, after giving 10, he will have only 90? So to be Sr. Member he need to receive 150+10?

█        ★★★★★ TrustedCars Flex ★★★★★      
     │ ★★★★★ Changing Car Ownership Forever ★★★★★ │     
█  Website Token Sale up to 25% Bonus ANN Thread Telegram │ 
YuTü.Co.in

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 06:15:37 PM

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 06:16:43 PM

Hoвыe пpaвилa к зaчeтy и нoвoмy paнгy зaмeщaют cтapыe пpaвилa или лишь дoпoлняют?

New rules are additional to existing activity requirements.
thaayb

Activity: 216
Merit: 104

🥇🥉🎖

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:16:52 PM

For example, Full Member has 100 merit, after giving 10, he will have only 90? So to be Sr. Member he need to receive 150+10?

Nope if someone sends you 100 merits, you get basically 100 merits for your score and 50 sMerits you can send to others. Your score will not decrease!

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10210

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:19:33 PM

That's ridiculous.  Do you even believe your own bullshit?  

Go ahead.  If you really meant what you asked, then make the argument for why everyone should start at 0 merit without totally creating some new-ass fantastical system that makes no sense at all?

Dude I just asked a question Cheesy keep calm.

As long as there are trusted accounts which generate Merit it should be easy for high level accounts to collect Merit faster then Newbies since they already get higher attention I would think.
Therefore eceryone starting at 0 Merit would be an option to create a system which benefits no one in particular and doesnt make it ridiculous hard for new accounts to lvl up.

I dont want the Merrit system to be that way but I simply showed the option since there was no proportional Merit progress within ranks what so ever. Starting at 0 wouldnt benefit some individuals Smiley

In other words, what you are saying makes no sense, unless you happen to have nothing invested.

It sounds like some of those arguments that say, let's just blow everything up and start over.  

And, such a blowing everything up approach only makes sense if you don't have anything invested, and frequently a very short-sighted approach.

And, by the way, there is nothing not "calm" about my previous post, except your perception that it might not be "calm enough" for me to assert that your idea to be ridiculous.

If thats the attitude of a Legendary Member then I am actually thinking that a Merit of 0 for everyone to start with is the best to encourage a more civilized communication.

There is little need to be civilized in a situation like this when I am attempting to get you to justify your earlier assertions, yet you are continuing to spout out non-substantive nonsense and becoming more and more pie-in-the-sky with your failure and refusal to justify your points in any meaningful way, besides repeatedly restating your earlier conclusions with different words but little to no practical justifiications.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 06:23:40 PM
Merited by iLatios (1)

Merit is what you Earn, sMerit is what you give.

If you have 100 Merit, and 10 sMerit, you can give 10 Merit to others. Your 100 Merit is untouched.

Each time you receive 1 Merit from someone else, you also get credited 0.5 sMerit. This sMerit you can send to someone else.
lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:24:32 PM

I don't like such complex merit system, i feel most people wouldn't be able to rank up hereafter.

I know members will start calling me like butthurt, shit etc, this system will effect future ico projects also which are really the source of INTEREST and INCOME to Bitcointalk Members as well as  BUTHURT sub moderators and Campaign Managers who never understand how important ico projects are for this community.
They are all time opened their mouth waiting for someone to pour a piece of beg into their mouth but they still denounce icos.

Admin Theymos should think hundred times about future of your forum before applying these merit system to members.

I doubt you will loose advertisement offers too in near future when nobody will be able to rank up, though ico project developrs would not keep their interest spreading their news in this forum and they will then prefer to move to alternate ads platforms.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: