Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:14:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [ANN] Technobit HEX16A2 - 24 Ghs - 50 EUR 48 h shippment  (Read 104793 times)
golfgrasshopper

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:58:16 PM

Hi Zich,

This is my first post and I don't know if I'm doing it correctly but here goes.  I've never use Linux before but
I am trying to set up a couple of Technobit hex16a2's that I just purchased on ebay.  I am using a Raspi loaded with Raspbian.  I followed your instructions concerning loading and patching cgminer 3.12.3 and everything was working well until I tried to apply the patch.  I get an error that states that the patch "unexpectedly ends in the middle of a line" and "only garbage was found in the patch input"  Also I can't find the patch on Technobit's website
Is the file corrupted or am I missing something?  Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hmm, did you type the command line by line or copy paste?
I bet that some line is miss when you type. You can copy then right click to paste it on ssh

You're right, I didn't realize that you can copy and paste into a terminal till near the end.  I was typing and staring till my eyes bled ;-).  I have now redone lines 5 and 6 with the same negative result.  Maybe I have to start again from scratch and reflash raspbian to remove any transcription errors

I guess line 4 also not right  Roll Eyes

I copied and pasted line 4,5 and 6 and still no joy.  I'm just about to reflash raspbian and start from scratch.  It will go much faster this time

Good luck  Smiley
It's already time for me to sleep  Cheesy

HI Guys,

I reflashed Raspbian and followed Zich's instructions to the letter by copying and pasting this time and everything was installed correctly.  Thank you for all the help. Cgminer is now running and I filled in my pool details etc (eligius)when prompted.  My problem is that everytime I exit putty cgminer shuts down.  I couldn't see any options so I just click on the x in the top right corner of the window.  I now know that's wrong.  Anyone got a better method?  Thanks again
Start cgminer in screen session then detach it Ctrl+a+d then exit then close putty
In general login via ssh
Type screen if you got error install it
In screen exec cgminer detach and exit

Thanks for the reply.  When I logged in I typed sudo su so I'm in root as super user (thought I had to).  Is there any way to get back to screen session as I don't want to shut down the miner.  Sometimes it takes many restarts to get everything working correctly so I don't want to bail out of this session.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marto74 (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 03:15:09 PM

Hey anyone know if there's a windows command to release a com port? I'm trying to connect to my miner port and its saying denied.
In device manager
Disable , then Enable of the COM port

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:19:50 PM

Hi Zich,

This is my first post and I don't know if I'm doing it correctly but here goes.  I've never use Linux before but
I am trying to set up a couple of Technobit hex16a2's that I just purchased on ebay.  I am using a Raspi loaded with Raspbian.  I followed your instructions concerning loading and patching cgminer 3.12.3 and everything was working well until I tried to apply the patch.  I get an error that states that the patch "unexpectedly ends in the middle of a line" and "only garbage was found in the patch input"  Also I can't find the patch on Technobit's website
Is the file corrupted or am I missing something?  Any help would be greatly appreciated

I bet that some line is miss when you type. You can copy then right click to paste it on ssh

You're right, I didn't realize that you can copy and paste into a terminal till near the end.  I was typing and staring till my eyes bled ;-).  I have now redone lines 5 and 6 with the same negative result.  Maybe I have to start again from scratch and reflash raspbian to remove any transcription errors

I copied and pasted line 4,5 and 6 and still no joy.  I'm just about to reflash raspbian and start from scratch.  It will go much faster this time

Good luck  Smiley

HI Guys,

I reflashed Raspbian and followed Zich's instructions to the letter by copying and pasting this time and everything was installed correctly.  Thank you for all the help. Cgminer is now running and I filled in my pool details etc (eligius)when prompted.  My problem is that everytime I exit putty cgminer shuts down.  I couldn't see any options so I just click on the x in the top right corner of the window.  I now know that's wrong.  Anyone got a better method?  Thanks again
Start cgminer in screen session then detach it Ctrl+a+d then exit then close putty
In general login via ssh

Thanks for the reply.  When I logged in I typed sudo su so I'm in root as super user (thought I had to).  Is there any way to get back to screen session as I don't want to shut down the miner.  Sometimes it takes many restarts to get everything working correctly so I don't want to bail out of this session.
Screen -r
Read screen help and make sure you are reattaching session from same user account
All this stuff is happening in tplink with Thechnobit image. You should give it a try someday Wink

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
golfgrasshopper

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:40:13 PM

Hi Zich,

Good luck  Smiley

HI Guys,

In general login via ssh

Thanks for the reply.  When I logged in I typed sudo su so I'm in root as super user (thought I had to).  Is there any way to get back to screen session as I don't want to shut down the miner.  Sometimes it takes many restarts to get everything working correctly so I don't want to bail out of this session.
Screen -r
Read screen help and make sure you are reattaching session from same user account
All this stuff is happening in tplink with Thechnobit image. You should give it a try someday Wink

I'm not getting this.  Sorry I feel like a dunce.  I have cgminer running on the Putty terminal.  The only options that I see are to type P,S,D or Q to bring up other options or quit.  If I try to type nothing happens unless i hit one of the keys I just mentioned.  If I type ctrl+a+d holding all keys down at once or any combination of them nothing happens.  I did restart the program so I think I'm in screen but who knows.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:06:11 PM

Hi Zich,

Good luck  Smiley

HI Guys,

In general login via ssh

Screen -r

I'm not getting this.  Sorry I feel like a dunce.  I have cgminer running on the Putty terminal.  The only options that I see are to type P,S,D or Q to bring up other options or quit.  If I try to type nothing happens unless i hit one of the keys I just mentioned.  If I type ctrl+a+d holding all keys down at once or any combination of them nothing happens.  I did restart the program so I think I'm in screen but who knows.
Just invest some time reading and some time in trial and errors that is all i can say
Good luck

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
golfgrasshopper

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:18:48 PM

Hi Zich,

Good luck  Smiley

HI Guys,

In general login via ssh

Screen -r

I'm not getting this.  Sorry I feel like a dunce.  I have cgminer running on the Putty terminal.  The only options that I see are to type P,S,D or Q to bring up other options or quit.  If I try to type nothing happens unless i hit one of the keys I just mentioned.  If I type ctrl+a+d holding all keys down at once or any combination of them nothing happens.  I did restart the program so I think I'm in screen but who knows.
Just invest some time reading and some time in trial and errors that is all i can say
Good luck

I tried ctrl+a+d again and now it works!!!!  I guess I can follow simple instructions even if it takes me a few tries.  Thanks a million for being so patient with me.
cannachris

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

cats love crypto | 911 truth @checktheevidence.com

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:19:08 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 11:43:18 PM by cannachris

Hey my second hex16a2 from order WVEFURYEA has just shorted my psu and made a lot of smoke and a very nasty smell and is 100% broken. The chips are ok though. I will have to return this one too, there is a burnt out spot on the board, and a blackened component just fell off. That makes two out of two hex16a2's broken, without any overclocking!
The other one should have reached you by now according to tracking. I will return this one too. And if possible I would prefer to put the refund money towards a coincraft miner, but if you send me two hex16a2's that's ok too.

Do you want me to take a picture of the board before I ship it back?.

I would really like to know whether you have received the miner and could let me know whether I will be getting new miners or store credit?

Will you keep me updated PLEASE?

Thanks!

So marto can I send it for repair and did you recieve my first return and when will you be sending a replacement?

Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:29:07 PM

Hey my second hex16a2 from order WVEFURYEA has just shorted my psu and made a lot of smoke and a very nasty smell and is 100% broken. The chips are ok though. I will have to return this one too, there is a burnt out spot on the board, and a blackened component just fell off. That makes two out of two hex16a2's broken, without any overclocking!
The other one should have reached you by now according to tracking. I will return this one too. And if possible I would prefer to put the refund money towards a coincraft miner, but if you send me two hex16a2's that's ok too.

I would really like to know whether you have received the miner and could let me know whether I will be getting new miners or store credit?

Thanks!

So marto can I send it for repair and did you recieve my first return and when will you be sending a replacement?

Marto now has an RMA system try using that: http://technobit.eu/index.php?id_category=14&controller=category&id_lang=1

Marto, whoever edits your website spelled "Repair" wrong multiple times!

cannachris

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:45:01 PM

Thanks!

Marto now has an RMA system try using that: http://technobit.eu/index.php?id_category=14&controller=category&id_lang=1

Marto, whoever edits your website spelled "Repair" wrong multiple times!

Thanks, will be using this. Would still really like to know if you received my first return, the shipping company says you should have it by now.

marto74 (OP)

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 03:39:09 AM

You can now put an order for this
and put your tracking No in the field.
The Idea is our shipping team to have all RMA units together with the new orders in one shipping list

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
jinlemon

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:18:38 AM

Urgent help needed

I´ve upgraded my router with last image and now i get this error in SSH:

ntpd: bad address '3.openwrt.pool.ntp.org'
ntpd: could not resolve peer 3.openwrt.pool.ntp.org, skipping
ntpd: bad address '2.openwrt.pool.ntp.org'
ntpd: could not resolve peer 2.openwrt.pool.ntp.org, skipping
ntpd: bad address '1.openwrt.pool.ntp.org'
ntpd: could not resolve peer 1.openwrt.pool.ntp.org, skipping
ntpd: bad address '0.openwrt.pool.ntp.org'
ntpd: could not resolve peer 0.openwrt.pool.ntp.org, skipping
Alarm clock

Cgminer won´t start Sad Sad
Ip mask gw and DNS check them

I have the same problem but I can not solve it.
could you tell me what to do? thanks
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 07:30:02 AM

Urgent help needed

Alarm clock

As loshia said, this cause by DNS. You need to reset your modem & or router.
awgilyas

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:25:23 PM

Hey Marto,

I have with me a HEX16A2 that tends to stop hashing after a few hours. :/  Help?

I'm running the latest software with the TP-Link. And powers levels are at default.

P.S.

Any plans on mounting these?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514323.0

Thanks.

1AwangATDktxLw8e6VaDijw9AMWz5wy8bx
wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:32:14 PM

Hi, can i run 2 NanoFury NF1 v0.6 on the same cgminer istance where i run HEX16A2 miner?

Thnaks in advance W_M
cannachris

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:33:59 AM

So I just send my RMA to the site provided address with a note with my name, address and order code?

techman05

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 01:41:03 AM

Urgent help needed

Alarm clock

As loshia said, this cause by DNS. You need to reset your modem & or router.

Have you tried pinging on your pc or whatever device you use.

Those look like time addresses and if time matters you could always try to set another time site to get your information from

Like the info address for potential tips Wink
BTC 1CL5BnNhdL2wDVmSDwMbW1cNhZew87CAPV
* http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=563
Zich
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 02:12:54 AM

Hi, can i run 2 NanoFury NF1 v0.6 on the same cgminer istance where i run HEX16A2 miner?

Thnaks in advance W_M

Yes, of course.
mjniessen

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:53:20 AM

Sorry for that
Next time send it low cost sending.
We put all requested papers now waiting for clearence

Status didn't change!
And again... NO ANSWERS, JUST SILENCE!
I'm tired of this, so send me back my money and keep the (faulty) miner!
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:35:30 AM

I've got 5 of these boards.  They all stopped working at the same time.  First the TL3020 went dead, and now the boards won't fire up.  The PSU appears to be OK (it runs my other mining gear OK).  I've tried them on a BeagleBone Black, but it won't pick up the boards, same with a PC, same with a RaspPi running MinePeon.

The fans still run OK, and I've tried different PSUs on separate boards.  There's no lights on the boards.

Any clue why this might have happened?   Is there any way of getting a repair (considering I bought these second-hand)?
Zich
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 10:50:58 AM

I've got 5 of these boards.  They all stopped working at the same time.  First the TL3020 went dead, and now the boards won't fire up.  The PSU appears to be OK (it runs my other mining gear OK).  I've tried them on a BeagleBone Black, but it won't pick up the boards, same with a PC, same with a RaspPi running MinePeon.

The fans still run OK, and I've tried different PSUs on separate boards.  There's no lights on the boards.

Any clue why this might have happened?   Is there any way of getting a repair (considering I bought these second-hand)?

Just curious, did cgminer that run on BBB & RPi already patch using patch from technobit?
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: