Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:32:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907160 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:59:15 PM

hmmm, interesting!
looking for (automation) industrial engineers?

Looking for people who can obey orders, smile, clean rooms, serve tables, cook, know wines, stand long hours in scorching sun, nitpick about petty amounts, do gardening, smile, drive cars, furnish rooms, clean toilets, empty trashbins, greet guests, empty ashtrays, water lawns, sell wines, do the laundry, smile, answer repetitious questions, clean floors, obey orders and smile.

Oh yes, and the starting pay is bad but the range goes up to 4000€/month.

As we are an equal opportunity employer, being an industrial engineer is not a disqualifier.

How much would it take and based on what would one ascend to 4000€a month?

Unfortunately for reasons outside my control like having a family and being half autist I can't do half of these. Also, I have diagnosed "oppositional defiant disorder" so it's difficult for me to take orders without questioning every single bit of said order. Also, 400€ monthly seems too low unless standard of living in estonia is really low?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giveBTCpls

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:00:59 PM

wow, a few member really try hard to increase their post counter...  Roll Eyes

Somewhat legit, but this is my posting style and has been since forever, im not going to change it because im in a signature campaing. Every single post is objective not spam as it contributes to the conversation. Also, funfact: I can make as much as I would with rpietla's work by working on Stunna's ad campaing.

Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:07:32 PM

Also, funfact: I can make as much as I would with rpietla's work by working on Stunna's ad campaing.

And i am really not sure if that is the right purpose of the ad campaign, to function as an income replacement. But i really don't want to go into a more detailed discussion about that.

To each his own.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:10:26 PM

Is anybody looking at the wall?

Something is happening!!!

OK back on topic.  Is very human behavior subject to self regulation, aka self control, now a disorder?  I know those designations benefit the pharmaceutical companies.

BTCtrader71

Activity: 784
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:31:12 PM

private property as we knowing must basically dissapear. Things will be lended. Say you need whatever device to do whatever task, like record a movie or whatever, you ask for any free cameras and you get one sent, when you are done you send it back and some other person uses it.
Who sends you the camera? Who stores it? Who fixes it when it's broken? If two people want it at the same time, who decides who gets it? What happens to the person who "borrows" it and never sends it back?

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
giveBTCpls

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:45:46 PM

Also, funfact: I can make as much as I would with rpietla's work by working on Stunna's ad campaing.

And i am really not sure if that is the right purpose of the ad campaign, to function as an income replacement. But i really don't want to go into a more detailed discussion about that.

To each his own.

Of course is not an income replacement, but it's a nice extra specially if you live in a shit tier country such as myself. 0.4 BTC may be jokes for most people but for me it means a nice extra, considering I don't have to move or do anything like that. Also, it's one of the few ways were BTC is getting distributed reasonably beyond shitty faucets. Stunna and the rest of people paying a somewhat decent ammount of BTC by promoting their websites on here are doing God's work.

giveBTCpls

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:49:10 PM

private property as we knowing must basically dissapear. Things will be lended. Say you need whatever device to do whatever task, like record a movie or whatever, you ask for any free cameras and you get one sent, when you are done you send it back and some other person uses it.
Who sends you the camera? Who stores it? Who fixes it when it's broken? If two people want it at the same time, who decides who gets it? What happens to the person who "borrows" it and never sends it back?

Statistics could get extracted in terms of "how many cameras are used and for how much time are they used, and how many of them get broken" and then manufacture under these %'s. These cameras are built by automated robots, which manufacture given the data input that I mentioned earlier. The wasted stuff aka unrepairable will be decomposed and the prime materials used again. In 1000 years the human imput to keep this cycle going will be peanuts.

BTCtrader71

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:56:56 PM

Statistics could get extracted in terms of "how many cameras are used and for how much time are they used, and how many of them get broken" and then manufacture under these %'s. These cameras are built by automated robots, which manufacture given the data input that I mentioned earlier. The wasted stuff aka unrepairable will be decomposed and the prime materials used again. In 1000 years the human imput to keep this cycle going will be peanuts.
Who extracts these statistics? Who decides how much in terms of resources gets spent on digital cameras, smartphone cameras, video cameras, other types of cameras, and / or R&D on new types of cameras?

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:32:50 PM

Given the right attitude and skillset, it can be achieved as soon as I have reasonable evidence that the attitude and skillset are indeed right. In other words, 3-6 months.

Unfortunately for reasons outside my control like having a family and being half autist I can't do half of these. Also, I have diagnosed "oppositional defiant disorder" so it's difficult for me to take orders without questioning every single bit of said order. Also, 400€ monthly seems too low unless standard of living in estonia is really low?

Estonian minimum wage is 284 €/month after tax. With this money, some do provide for their family. Things cost 25%-75% of what they do in the neighboring Finland.

ODD is bullshit that is used to control people. Unless, of course, you yourself realize that it is a problem for you. In this case, I kindly ask you to wise up and be a man. Life doesn't always go your way, and if you work for somebody else, it's better to obey orders.

People seek employment contracts that provide mutually maximum benefit. If you don't think that the mere fact of living in the Bitcoin castle is invaluable for you and you should actually be the one paying (like the hotel guests do), then this is probably not in the interests of either of us.

Also, please refrain from writing posts in my threads just for the reason of increasing postcount.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:53:00 PM

Looking for people who can obey orders, smile, clean rooms, serve tables, cook, know wines, stand long hours in scorching sun, nitpick about petty amounts, do gardening, smile, drive cars, furnish rooms, clean toilets, empty trashbins, greet guests, empty ashtrays, water lawns, sell wines, do the laundry, smile, answer repetitious questions, clean floors, obey orders and smile.

As we are an equal opportunity employer, being an industrial engineer is not a disqualifier.

With the exception of knowing wines (although I know plenty of whines with kids LOL) as a mom and wife I pretty much do all of this for free so this would be a huge pay increase!  Maybe I should apply!?   Grin  Wink

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:14:29 PM

Here is the Bitstamp price chart at 3-day resolution. I drew the price resistance line at $681. The rightmost candle currently has the form of a "hammer" which often marks a trend reversal. We could be moving up from here into the $600's this month. On the other hand a hammer can also indicate the midpoint of a trend - but there is an abundance of good news and no bad news so I expect sentiment to not get worse.

The expected July rally did not occur. I am wondering to what extent 2014 price action will resemble 2012 price action as both these periods followed a year of dramatic rallies.

Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:20:47 PM

Given the right attitude and skillset, it can be achieved as soon as I have reasonable evidence that the attitude and skillset are indeed right. In other words, 3-6 months.

Estonian minimum wage is 284 €/month after tax. With this money, some do provide for their family. Things cost 25%-75% of what they do in the neighboring Finland.

ODD is bullshit that is used to control people. Unless, of course, you yourself realize that it is a problem for you. In this case, I kindly ask you to wise up and be a man. Life doesn't always go your way, and if you work for somebody else, it's better to obey orders.

People seek employment contracts that provide mutually maximum benefit. If you don't think that the mere fact of living in the Bitcoin castle is invaluable for you and you should actually be the one paying (like the hotel guests do), then this is probably not in the interests of either of us.

Also, please refrain from writing posts in my threads just for the reason of increasing postcount.

I think for someone in giveBTCpls situation this offer is really incredible. Estonia is indeed really cheap compared to the rest of the euro zone. Approximately everything costs only 1/3 of a western europe price. In my opinion this is an incredible offer for every intelligent, motivated, "new" but comparably poor bitcoin enthusiast. Its definitely not about the monthly paycheck. Just imagine all the contact, that you can have with all these smart(and rich) bitcoin enthusiasts. It is a great opportunity for a young and ambitious person. I am also sure, that Rpietila is a man who appreciates a good working and loyal "business member".

Just imagine the conversations that can happen between you and Rpietila:

Rpietila shouting from downstairs "Heeey, i m buying monero for 30 btc !" Imaginary You: "Argh, wait ! Wait a minute, so i can buy cheap moneros with my 0,5 btc !!"  Grin

Damn it, i would totally work for you if i wouldn't have a girlfriend and studies to finish.

side effect: you can live in a fucking castle !
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:42:36 PM

Here is the Bitstamp price chart at 3-day resolution. I drew the price resistance line at $681. The rightmost candle currently has the form of a "hammer" which often marks a trend reversal. We could be moving up from here into the $600's this month. On the other hand a hammer can also indicate the midpoint of a trend - but there is an abundance of good news and no bad news so I expect sentiment to not get worse.

The expected July rally did not occur. I am wondering to what extent 2014 price action will resemble 2012 price action as both these periods followed a year of dramatic rallies.

The all-time price trendline slope hit its high of 0.003868 in 9/2011. Then it came down to 0.003127 for 2013/1. Ever since it has been in the range of 0.003012-0.003127, a remarkably tight range. It is interesting to see, when we start to rise, since at the current price of -0.5 relative to the trend, the slope is starting to decline rapidly. Whether we manage to get back to 0.003, whether the exponential trend continues with a markedly lower slope, or whether the trend (and Bitcoin) is broken, remains to be seen.

I am leaning towards the first scenario nevertheless. The developments are such that it is not hard to imagine $100-$1,000 billion market cap in the near future.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10188

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:25:45 PM

wow, a few member really try hard to increase their post counter...  Roll Eyes

Nothing wrong with that, so long as there is some substance to it.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:30:39 PM

Is anybody looking at the wall?

Something is happening!!!

OK back on topic.  Is very human behavior subject to self regulation, aka self control, now a disorder?  I know those designations benefit the pharmaceutical companies.

If you are serious about working, then you would NOT want to list these supposed limitations or disorders - unless you really believe that they are gonna interfere....   A disorder about NOT being able to take orders is gonna be really problematic when you trying to prove yourself or to work your way up almost any modern day career ladder...

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:41:27 PM

The all-time price trendline slope hit its high of 0.003868 in 9/2011. Then it came down to 0.003127 for 2013/1. Ever since it has been in the range of 0.003012-0.003127, a remarkably tight range. It is interesting to see, when we start to rise, since at the current price of -0.5 relative to the trend, the slope is starting to decline rapidly. Whether we manage to get back to 0.003, whether the exponential trend continues with a markedly lower slope, or whether the trend (and Bitcoin) is broken, remains to be seen.

I am leaning towards the first scenario nevertheless. The developments are such that it is not hard to imagine $100-$1,000 billion market cap in the near future.

You are much more sophisticated than me when it comes to charts, yet I would NOT be surprised to find some lowering of the slope angle...

Even though 10x per year does seem feasible to continue in the next couple of years.. maybe somewhere between 5x and 8x would be more realistic?  Even between 5x and 8x is quite a rosey picture, and I would be content with sustainable 2x... but I have yet to experience my first bubble.

nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:27:13 PM

I have experienced the last 2 bubbles but had no idea at the time what was going on.  Even though I owned some btc I had only limited knowledge.  I would stare at my computer completely mesmerized.  I would fall asleep to the charts and wake up in the middle of the night to look.

May you experience the joy and wonder of a bubble.

I only found my way to the speculation section after this year's prolonged down trend as I was trying to find out what was happening.  Amongst (google spell check has led me to the current opinion that amongst is archaic, really?) all the noise in Adam's thread there were pearls of knowledge and wisdom.  Then I started follwing this thread as well. 

May the knowledge you have obtained not diminish the wonder.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:59:38 AM

So this could be the end of the bitcoin bubbles, possibly. Will a competitor come and dethrone bitcoin? Or, are we just entering a new and much smaller growth period?

That's the one thousand dollar question.  I tend to believe that there are going to be a couple more bubble b/c nothing is really coming forth to replace BTC... NONE of them has even come close to BTC's market cap, yet...

bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:09:09 AM

So this could be the end of the bitcoin bubbles, possibly. Will a competitor come and dethrone bitcoin? Or, are we just entering a new and much smaller growth period?

Bubbles don't go straight up. They pause and correct, sometimes for *gasp* days.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:46:30 AM

This may depend on how the question of the 1 MB max blocksize limit is handled. One thing is certain without an increase in this limit, and a hark fork is necessary for this, Bitcoin will be dethroned by a competitor. Once the limit is reached transaction fees will skyrocket as an ever growing number of transactions compete for the 1 MB space every 10 min. Fortunately Gavin Andresen understands the need for this. So do other Bitcoin developers. The real question in my mind is will they muster the necessary community consensus to make this hard fork happen?

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: