Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:35:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AMD Mem Tweak XL - Read/modify timings/pp/straps on the fly  (Read 58785 times)
ganzocrypt

Activity: 162
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 02:18:28 PM

Hello,
I played with tweaking core and memory for RX580 8Gb and 4Gb with hynex mem, but cannot reach an optimal setup with timing.

Isn't possible to do like claymore is doing?

Recognizing the GPU and Memory and than applying a "optimal" tweak ?
If there are enough data from the community for the various cards, would that be possible?

thx
great tool btw !
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 02:43:09 PM

Thank you both for the suggestions.

Zorg33, I checked the files and they seemed alright (date, size, everything). I still went ahead and copied the file from C:\AMD just to make sure, still no change I'm afraid. I also uninstalled everything w/DDU, double-checked the files were deleted and installed the driver again. Again, no change.

naska21, could you elaborate a bit? The system is running fine, mining for days non-stop, I just can't make AMD Memory Tweak work for whatever reason. I could be missing something of course.

edit: forgot to mention, no conflicts in device manager.

Oh, I thought you have faced  the spontaneous loss of working cards in your rig but if they all  are non-stop running then everything is OK  with IRQ sharing. Sorry for misunderstanding. As to memory tweaks, I've never known such a situation. Arguably you have quite a bunch of cards attached to motherboard.
boxraider

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 07:22:00 PM

Hello,
I played with tweaking core and memory for RX580 8Gb and 4Gb with hynex mem, but cannot reach an optimal setup with timing.

If there are enough data from the community for the various cards, would that be possible?

thx
great tool btw !

Hey Ganzo, i did some research and hynix is slower than micron and samsung cards. apparently its a toss-up too, you can get 2 MSI brand graphics card of exact model and make and it could end up a hynix and samsung mix. to me that just means economics at the foundries. sucks for us!  Cry im getting 25mhs with underclock and undervolt. i barely overclocked mine, just in case hynix cant operate at a higher frequency than samsung/micron cards. CoreClock 1146mhz/860mv. MemClock 2050, pulling 109w + 16w. Could anyone tell me that this is as good as i can get it given that its a hynix?

But i am planning on buying a radeon vii and was wondering since its a Vega II, would the Vega strap work on this tool?? Thanks guys!
SamAlackass

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 08:39:05 PM

Thank you both for the suggestions.

Zorg33, I checked the files and they seemed alright (date, size, everything). I still went ahead and copied the file from C:\AMD just to make sure, still no change I'm afraid. I also uninstalled everything w/DDU, double-checked the files were deleted and installed the driver again. Again, no change.

naska21, could you elaborate a bit? The system is running fine, mining for days non-stop, I just can't make AMD Memory Tweak work for whatever reason. I could be missing something of course.

edit: forgot to mention, no conflicts in device manager.

Oh, I thought you have faced  the spontaneous loss of working cards in your rig but if they all  are non-stop running then everything is OK  with IRQ sharing. Sorry for misunderstanding. As to memory tweaks, I've never known such a situation. Arguably you have quite a bunch of cards attached to motherboard.

No worries, thank you for the input regardless. It's a weird issue really, and way too random to try and make any sense of it. One day I think it must be hardware related, next day I wonder how can it work when it does. It's only four cards BTW, maybe I still need to try and remove them one by one when I get a chance, just to make sure. An option to ignore the onboard GPU would be nice too.. Eliovp Wink
seefatlow

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 02:54:13 AM

1150Mhz core at 1150mV, isnt that too much? whats is best value? im using 850mV and when not stable lowering to 1120Mhz. whats it proper voltage for 1200Mhz core?
I'm very interrested in lowering power consumption for 570 and 580s. On my nvidias i'm able to get 270Mh/s at 750w (would be lower, but cooling fans makes about 80-100w!)
On my RX rigs it is trrible, I get ~1650w at 350Mh/s while in cool environment it can get as low as 1450w so 200w just for cooling!!, but still 1450 base for one 12gpu rig seems very high to me. Also in this case I have 3 psu from times of dual mining, and only 80plus gold, so that can be quite a lot wasted, maybe another 200w? I don't have physical access to switch to 2 psus anymore and even if I did there is risk of some gpus not booting and time to troubleshoot it just not worth it.

I'm writing about real power consumtion, aproximated from about 24h. Not some virtual numbers from hiveOS/hwinfo etc. My numbers includes about 20-25w of "system" consumption.

I'm not able to get 850mV@1150mhz at any of my amd cars, i think 880mV (I tried lowering mhz to 1100 and gpus still crash, but upping voltage helps) is lowest i'm able to run stable. Stable for me means at least 15days without miner restart, i don't measure stability in hours.

So as you can see, with my rate of about 0.85usd/kw I barely manage to be profitable. Still easier then selling rigs though.

I am interested to know how you are able to pull 270MH/s at just 750W !!!! What cards are you using? Please share.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 08:16:49 AM

Anyone have timings for frontier Vegas? They use different ram than the 64s and the bottom number is 350 not 260 like the Samsung vegas.

Most I can get by using the same settings is 46 MHz but stock with power play settings 1100 mem  they get 42 so it’s not much of an improvement at all
rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 08:24:44 AM

Anyone have timings for frontier Vegas? They use different ram than the 64s and the bottom number is 350 not 260 like the Samsung vegas.

Most I can get by using the same settings is 46 MHz but stock with power play settings 1100 mem  they get 42 so it’s not much of an improvement at all
Mine cryptonight-heavy algos with them. No need for dagger
ganzocrypt

Activity: 162

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 08:46:53 AM

Hello,

thx
great tool btw !

Hey Ganzo, i did some research and hynix is slower than micron and samsung cards. apparently its a toss-up too, you can get 2 MSI brand graphics card of exact model and make and it could end up a hynix and samsung mix. to me that just means economics at the foundries. sucks for us!  Cry im getting 25mhs with underclock and undervolt. i barely overclocked mine, just in case hynix cant operate at a higher frequency than samsung/micron cards. CoreClock 1146mhz/860mv. MemClock 2050, pulling 109w + 16w. Could anyone tell me that this is as good as i can get it given that its a hynix?

But i am planning on buying a radeon vii and was wondering since its a Vega II, would the Vega strap work on this tool?? Thanks guys!

I know Hynex is not the best but I got to 31 Mh/s, so wanted to see if the AMD Tweak tool increase that.

It would be good if the tool does what Claymore has, like a DB for common cards, with some "optimal" / "baseline" strap and than one can tweak it some more based on OC and cards differences, for example silicon!

Hopefully we get there with the tool
Geezartheminer

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 09:34:28 AM

Hello all,

I noted in an earlier post issue running the CLI via a batch file, sadly I have the same issue - has anyone come across this (seemingly basic Windows/Authentication issue) before? in that post the admin rights were applied to a batch file that would then run the batch file with correct access privs.

Batch File Usage Issue
Problem - unable to launch the CLI via batch file via a simple batch file in the start-up folder (current up to date patched Win 10 build)
Workaround - manually launching the batch file works, settings applied and CLI/GUI work as expected. I am able to use CMD to edit/tweak/test and run the batch file manually but not the start-up - all other miners/use of start-up has never failed until now Sad

Straps Issue
Straps when viewed from a Polaris BIOS are displayed correctly/setup and strap working correctly it would seem but less 200 H/s  GUI displays the default settings (even under load/running the miner) stumped by this as when I manually re-apply the same settings on the strap and re-run the CLI/GUI tool the correct settings are applied (over the BIOS strap defaults) - very strange - strap when viewed in R_ encoded and re-added - again same issue. (straps on the bios have the edited tweaks but are not working unless the GUI tool/CLI tool re-adds them - stumped lol

So GUI not reporting the settings as they are on the strap on the modded BIOS (just the default) not on all Polaris, but on a mining 470 (tried all 4 BIOS switches - same) otherwise when I edit the strap, apply - they work / as expected

Thanks all
SamAlackass

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 10:44:10 AM

Hello all,

I noted in an earlier post issue running the CLI via a batch file, sadly I have the same issue - has anyone come across this (seemingly basic Windows/Authentication issue) before? in that post the admin rights were applied to a batch file that would then run the batch file with correct access privs.

Batch File Usage Issue
Problem - unable to launch the CLI via batch file via a simple batch file in the start-up folder (current up to date patched Win 10 build)
Workaround - manually launching the batch file works, settings applied and CLI/GUI work as expected. I am able to use CMD to edit/tweak/test and run the batch file manually but not the start-up - all other miners/use of start-up has never failed until now Sad

Straps Issue
Straps when viewed from a Polaris BIOS are displayed correctly/setup and strap working correctly it would seem but less 200 H/s  GUI displays the default settings (even under load/running the miner) stumped by this as when I manually re-apply the same settings on the strap and re-run the CLI/GUI tool the correct settings are applied (over the BIOS strap defaults) - very strange - strap when viewed in R_ encoded and re-added - again same issue. (straps on the bios have the edited tweaks but are not working unless the GUI tool/CLI tool re-adds them - stumped lol

So GUI not reporting the settings as they are on the strap on the modded BIOS (just the default) not on all Polaris, but on a mining 470 (tried all 4 BIOS switches - same) otherwise when I edit the strap, apply - they work / as expected

Thanks all

For your first issue, right click the .exe, go to properties, compatibility, tick the "always run as admin". You still need to disable UAC I guess, alternatively you could use task scheduler to run as admin at logon or each boot.

Can't help much with your second issue I'm afraid, hopefully someone else will though.
Geezartheminer

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 11:09:38 AM

Thanks will have a look at why its not working again today - 1st time came across such an issue - otherwise very pleased with the tool
boxraider

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 03:56:41 PM

Hello,

thx
great tool btw !

Hey Ganzo, i did some research and hynix is slower than micron and samsung cards. apparently its a toss-up too, you can get 2 MSI brand graphics card of exact model and make and it could end up a hynix and samsung mix. to me that just means economics at the foundries. sucks for us!  Cry im getting 25mhs with underclock and undervolt. i barely overclocked mine, just in case hynix cant operate at a higher frequency than samsung/micron cards. CoreClock 1146mhz/860mv. MemClock 2050, pulling 109w + 16w. Could anyone tell me that this is as good as i can get it given that its a hynix?

I know Hynex is not the best but I got to 31 Mh/s, so wanted to see if the AMD Tweak tool increase that.

It would be good if the tool does what Claymore has, like a DB for common cards, with some "optimal" / "baseline" strap and than one can tweak it some more based on OC and cards differences, for example silicon!

Hopefully we get there with the tool

Hey ganzo, I had 31mhs going for a minute and tried a small 5mv undervolt and it crashed. I'm not able to get back to the same hash rate as before.. and was wondering how you got yours up to 31mhs so i can replicate it? I had my orders of operation down on paper but it just seemed to be fussy with me.  Angry

But, does anyone know what i am doing wrong when im trying to change my tRFC settings from base 219 to any setting and itll just revert back to 219. I've check my HWinfo and it says my tRFC is at 467T. I'm trying to bring it down but its way up. I am using the win gui version and am a little retarded, and dont know how to use the cli version. (pardon my french)
wpayton34

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 12:14:35 AM

I’m trying to get that 50 mh on vega 56. I got up to 46 right now. Do I need to bios flash it to a 64?? If so is it still possible if I got Hynix memory?  All I see is Samsung memory bios flash.
dingdongtobias

Activity: 156

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 11:40:31 AM

i have conclusion with rx card that cant set memory straps with this program like using bios writing.
set same parameters like program read for custom bios, so gpu crash or performance far away from custom bios strap.

i have good conclusion?
Imelbi

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 11:44:48 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I own Sapphire RX vega 56(hynix) and I am trying to tweak it without success.

I BIOS flashed it to Sapphire.RXVega64.8192.180125_1. Did I use the correct BIOS mod? I read somewhere that _1 at the end of the name means that this is NOT a power saver bios.

Then I was looking for the best MEM and CORE first. But I saw that people use 1080 Mem and more. I get errors with 1020 and above(dots on the screen) and I have to restart the PC.
I was able to get 40MH/s on ethereum with the following settings:
Core
P7: 1530/1000
Memory
P3: 1000/950
Timing level 3

So my questions are:
- What timings should be lowered/raised in order to get better speeds?
- Did I use the correct BIOS to flash the card?
- what Core and Memory should I be using?
- what does the Timing level mean exactly?
- is there any difference between AMDtweaktool and BIOS editor except that AMDtweaktook does not require a restart/loading BIOS everytime?

Maybe on the side note-is it better to do the timings in BIOS editor or in AMDtweaktool for RX570 4gb?

I own mostly Nvidia an RX 5704gb so this is all new for me.
Any help much appreciated!

Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 03:44:11 PM

I’m trying to get that 50 mh on vega 56. I got up to 46 right now. Do I need to bios flash it to a 64?? If so is it still possible if I got Hynix memory?  All I see is Samsung memory bios flash.

Gave up on my 4 56 vegas and my frontier editions, fe should be able to get close to 60 MHz eth with its 16gb hbm, it gets 45 MHz with just mem boost to 1100.

My 56 ref cards work great at 50 MHz but they were flashed to 64

Just Gona eBay the 56 non ref and fe’s
Holiidayz

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 10:08:13 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2019, 10:19:45 PM by Holiidayz

what kind of drivers would work well for this to improve it for flashed hynix 56, hynix 470/570/580, and samsung 580?
edit: on windows 10 build
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 09:45:14 PM

Gave up on my 4 56 vegas and my frontier editions, fe should be able to get close to 60 MHz eth with its 16gb hbm, it gets 45 MHz with just mem boost to 1100.

My 56 ref cards work great at 50 MHz but they were flashed to 64

Just Gona eBay the 56 non ref and fe’s
Why do you think FE will get 60mh on ethash? MHz for MHz, FE HBM2 is generally slower than RX vega HBM2.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Zerberfert

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 09:48:21 PM

Just a quick question. Is there a brand name for the Vega's to stay away from. It seems I see more problems with Power Color than any other brand. At least from my research. I want to play with the Amd Mem Tweek tool soon, so about to bulk up on Vega's. Thanks in advance.

Zerb
QuirkSilver

Activity: 80
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 10:35:15 PM

Eliovp, so only with 19.4.x driver i could get the tool to to run, with 560/570/580 Tool is prompt when i tested, got hash increase.
However, after a disconnect and miner restating or anything similar, i can't apply any timings Sad not sure why, also, this 19.x drivers doesn't play well with most miners.
I also lost temperature control with overdriven or your tool, on those drivers.
By newish drivers as a requirement, which do you can do? 18.6.1/18.7.1 ?
also, thats a technical question, why do memory in action, change Dram and Dram timing 2 also EDC
I'm on windows 10 pro 1803
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: