Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:57:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 [667] 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 11:07:29 AM

Thank you.

I have backed it up. I named it wallet and it automatically called it wallet.dat is that all i had to do?

Anyway I tried backing it up before, then deleted everything vericoin (except the backup) then reinstalled it and opened and same thing happened. Is there something I am missing in regards to deleting it, i.e is there maybe some remnants of the program on my computer (Mac).

really appreciate your help. thanks

Not sure how to delete the files on mac, but windows has files that you need to "unhide" which would be found under users/username/appdata/roaming/vericoin. Not sure how it works on mac. Hopefully a mac user can help you out better with specifics.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wreathy

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

Follow ur gut instinct, it is there for a reason.

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 11:11:18 AM

Thank you.

I have backed it up. I named it wallet and it automatically called it wallet.dat is that all i had to do?

Anyway I tried backing it up before, then deleted everything vericoin (except the backup) then reinstalled it and opened and same thing happened. Is there something I am missing in regards to deleting it, i.e is there maybe some remnants of the program on my computer (Mac).

really appreciate your help. thanks

Easiest thing to do in the mean time is hit the chat button on wallet go ask in irc should be alot of mac users in there willing to direct you.

Just make sure you always back up your wallet.dat and keep a couple more safe.

Std52stp

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:45:25 AM

I hope there are two announcements:

Coinbase partnership.
Pat&Doug putting school on hold in order to better run a multi-million dollar coin.

thats nice but since that hack of mintpal I am loosing  80% of my investition
when do you think the price go back up?
will it ever happen??? yesterday I started to sell some of my VRC, I cant bear it anymore
crytpomango

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 12:09:49 PM

Thanks I am giving the chat thing a go in a minute.

I just had a thought. What if I use a different computer to download Qt, I have another Mac and also the Mac has parallels so can use windows if need be. Can I not copy the wallet.dat file and paste onto another computer and then import to that wallet? How does one import the file into the wallet?

Thanks guys.
Shinraven

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 12:27:18 PM

Thanks I am giving the chat thing a go in a minute.

I just had a thought. What if I use a different computer to download Qt, I have another Mac and also the Mac has parallels so can use windows if need be. Can I not copy the wallet.dat file and paste onto another computer and then import to that wallet? How does one import the file into the wallet?

Thanks guys.

On the mac to find the location of the dat file, on your desktop select GO go to folder , then type ~/Library

You will go to Library/Application Support/Vericoin

Now in that Vericoin folder you will see the dat file.

Usually if you have a back up of it, that is where you will place it. If you do have a backup, then your coins are fine. Before you do that, make sure you are downloading the latest Mac version of the wallet from the Vericoin Website.

Now in the above listed folder, delete everything BUT the dat file. Launch the newly installed wallet.
crytpomango

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 12:40:42 PM

Thanks so much everyone...Looks like its working, I basically installed vericoin on PC (actually the same Mac computer but through parallels and imported the dat file and its working- well loading anyway). I tried the delete everything and reinstall but it didn't like that idea for some reason.

Champions, thanks.
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 12:45:03 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 02:59:25 PM by altcoinUK

wat wait i though vericoin is shit and has no actual development the devs are not suited for the crypto currency and [insert barabbas]

why is vericoin @14 k from 7 k now.......  i just dumped my 300 k vericoins....
barabass i trusted your comments... and monkeys too  Cry

my trust is lost, after buying on the top and selling at the bottom  Roll Eyes

Oh dear, oh dear ... not that I could sell anything at the low prices, but at least you had a good time and you were ecstatic for 2 hours when the price was at 15K. I am sure jorrr and many investors who believed the hype and bought into the coin at 40-50K were very happy too that the price gone up as much as to 15K for 2 hours. Are you still partying? You seems very quiet again since the price is going down.
kasman5

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 01:03:17 PM

wat wait i though vericoin is shit and has no actual development the devs are not suited for the crypto currency and [insert barabbas]

Oh dear, oh dear ... not that I could sell anything at the low prices, but at least you had a good time and you were ecstatic for 2 hours when the price was at 15K. I am sure jorr and many investors who believed the hype and bought into the coin at 40-50K were very happy too that the price gone up as much as 15K for 2 hours. Are you still partying? You seems very quiet again since the price is going down.

I think celebrating a 100% rise in price is completely justified. Gives some confidence to the noobs who maybe bagholding, how quickly a coin can be pumped. 

It's some of outrageous shit I've seen said that is not justified, people giving false hope to people. I try be true to myself and others and people should know crypto is high risk.

Trade bitcoin futures contracts with high leverage SmileySmiley Click Here (https://www.bitmex.com/register/n1ifPv)Smiley
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:08:33 PM

I hope there are two announcements:

Coinbase partnership.
Pat&Doug putting school on hold in order to better run a multi-million dollar coin.

Sorry, not dropping out of school. I'm pretty close to done and I can't live on no income (my PhD program pays me decently).

How many coin devs do you know that don't have some other job? Besides Gavin Andresen and some of the devs that started coins supported by giant IPO/ICOs (Ethereum, etc.), I don't know of any "full-time" coin devs.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:26:56 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 03:55:10 PM by altcoinUK

Oh dear, oh dear ... not that I could sell anything at the low prices, but at least you had a good time and you were ecstatic for 2 hours when the price was at 15K. I am sure jorr and many investors who believed the hype and bought into the coin at 40-50K were very happy too that the price gone up as much as 15K for 2 hours. Are you still partying? You seems very quiet again since the price is going down.

I think celebrating a 100% rise in price is completely justified. Gives some confidence to the noobs who maybe bagholding, how quickly a coin can be pumped.  

It's some of outrageous shit I've seen said that is not justified, people giving false hope to people. I try be true to myself and others and people should know crypto is high risk.

Those who keep the hype going and give false hope to people as you said, spend 12 hours per day on IRC, mislead new naive investors with 100k Sat price predictions, so the main cheerleader guys must have 1 million coins each (otherwise why they would put so much time into keep the hype going), they have probably mined the coins or got it at 550 Sat and having a slow dump since 50k, for them the 15k is great, but even 10k is a perfectly acceptable situation. For the cheerladers who loaded with cheap coins any new BTC that flow into VRC is a profit, every little dump helps to pay the bills so the hype must go on.
Reavon

Activity: 374

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:16:44 PM

Those who keep the hype going and give false hope to people as you said, spend 12 hours per day on IRC, mislead new naive investors with 100k Sat price predictions, so the main cheerleader guys must have 1 million coins each (otherwise why they would put so much time into keep the hype going), they have probably mined the coins or got it at 550 Sat and having a slow dump since 50k, for them the 15k is great, but even 10k is a perfectly acceptable situation. For the cheerladers who loaded with cheap coins any new BTC that flow into VRC is a profit, every little dump helps to pay the bills so the hype must go on.

Or .... those who bought high , want to see the coin hanging high again and even higher than they bought.
Maybe those people just love the coin , because its sexy, because its fast , because it is no headache to use ,
because you can use VeriBit , because you can send your buddy SMS and donate him VeriCoin and that nearly everywhere in the world, because you have devs who are working on awesome new features , because they see future in this project, because they found a coin they like and dont give a damn on meaningless FUD.

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
ofp

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:25:20 PM

What you just described is perfectly normal in any market uptrend. People who accumulated at low levels are sometimes happy to sell fractions of their holdings at higher prices while people who bought at higher prices are concerned with short term devaluation of their assets. However, the question whether prices will establish new highs or new lows is determined by fundamentals. To assess this aspect is far easier than you might imagine, but prices only respond to fundamentals in longer time frames. So, for those who believe in Vericoin`s fundamentals, its the long term patience that will ultimately pay off. Those who want to swing trade will always have to find the right timing. I believe fundamentals are ok for Vericoin and its continues to be a good price level for further accumulation.
snakesoft33

Activity: 67

I AM HERE TO SEE THE NEW WORLD ORDER!!!!

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:52:30 PM

It's time for the vericoin community to take a step forward and demand some respect.

This coin urgently need development, a decentralized exchange should be our first step. Vericoin needs to be separated  from bitcoin and controlled based exchanges. While we vericoin depends only of btc, it's not going to achieve any goal.   "The exchange should be controlled by the developers and the community", that is the key to success a very active development exchange can change the course of any altcoin. Is time for decentralization and optimization. Any altcoin must have a propose.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin   

]]

webay

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:41:22 PM

Announcement today or?
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:44:50 PM

Announcement today or?

if it will be a buy on rumor and sell on news,, which means once announcement is out, further sell off?
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 07:09:43 PM

Announcement today or?

Just waiting on final response, we are on track for today.
MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:31:50 PM

Announcement today or?

if it will be a buy on rumor and sell on news,, which means once announcement is out, further sell off?

Depends on how big the announcement is...there are supposedly multiply releases today. So the markets might react a little different. I've seen massive sell offs with news and massive panic buys as well.

With the price being so low I can't see there being any sell off but a huge panic buy. But that totally depends on what is released and what is announced. Knowing these Devs, they never disappoint  Cool
ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:35:21 PM

this isn't your reg coin ,vrc supporters are die hard ride or die investors who believe strongly that vrc is the ONE, period. i bought all the way up to 40k and all the way down to 7k where i bought most my coins... i don't care if it pumps back to 80k i won't be selling till minimum next year... you won't find a coin with devs like these with real credentials and passion and may i add they been through the worst and never gave up and they just keep working n what they believe in.all this is besides the fact of how good vericoin itself actually is...perfection...

im so excited for the news coming .. all these negotiations and stuff sounds amazing! 

thanks effectsToCause for posting and trying to keep all the uncontrollable ppl who panic over anything calm.

and thanks to pnosker, also its ridiculous to drop out of school lol when your so far in getting phd's ,nothing more i would want when vericoin makes its mark on the world for ppl to see this coin was created by educated smart ppl not kids trying to make a buck ..but scientists looking to help the world in every way!

anyway great work guys !!
can't wait for the news!!
A++++++++

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:36:03 PM

Announcement today or?

Just waiting on final response, we are on track for today.
woot woot

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
Reavon

Activity: 374

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:26:52 PM

Flyers for the BTC conference in Cologne !

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
Pages: « 1 ... 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 [667] 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: