Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:29:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LinuxCoin A lightweight Debian based OS with everything ready to go.  (Read 285063 times)
gnar1ta$
Donator

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 04:04:28 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2011, 04:56:55 AM by gnar1ta$

Really liking Linuxcoin but I haven't figured out how to re-enable Remote Desktop on a reboot (w/out having to be at the machine). Is there a config script I need to update for this?

I believe it's in the wiki:
http://www.linuxcoin.co.uk/wiki/index.php/SettingupVNCremotely

Question for those better at linux than me - if I have a script like this:
Code:
chmod 777 /var/run/screen/
export DISPLAY=:0
xhost +
xauth merge /home/user/.Xauthority
smartcoin --silent
and I want to run it as sudo automatically on startup on a remote headless 0.2.1B rig, where would be a good place to put it?

Losing hundreds of Bitcoins with the best scammers in the business - BFL, Avalon, KNC, HashFast.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 07:17:09 AM

thank worked - thanks!

Now I have this weird problem where only 3 of my 6 cards are detected. Tried all power combos, slot combos etc... not sure what the problem is.

Really liking Linuxcoin but I haven't figured out how to re-enable Remote Desktop on a reboot (w/out having to be at the machine). Is there a config script I need to update for this?

Code:
xhost +
smartcoin --silent
and I want to run it as sudo automatically on startup on a remote headless 0.2.1B rig, where would be a good place to put it?

drgr33n (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 12:29:59 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2011, 01:38:30 PM by drgr33n

Guys !! Sorry I've been without internet once again Cheesy I will update the wiki with some information very soon it's just I've been really busy with other things + making linuxcoin uber !! We now how persistent compression Cheesy More info here

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/btrfs

So these commands below will install the hdd install without a problem? And the hdd install will work without problems?

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install linuxcoin-bugfix-020811 smartcoin bitcoin
apt-get install linuxcoin-installer
apt-get install zenity
apt-get install linuxcoin-bugfix-110811

Yup Wink

Receiving when I try to startup.
Code:
GRUB loading.
Welcome to GRUB!

error: symbol not found: 'grub_divmod64_full'
Entering rescue mode...
grub rescue>

Any word on this drgr33n?

Thanks.

Some info here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1735231 I think it's just a corrupt install. I would just wipe the HDD and reinstall.
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 04:14:27 PM

Guys !! Sorry I've been without internet once again Cheesy I will update the wiki with some information very soon it's just I've been really busy with other things + making linuxcoin uber !! We now how persistent compression Cheesy More info here

So these commands below will install the hdd install without a problem? And the hdd install will work without problems?

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install zenity

Yup Wink

Code:
GRUB loading.
Welcome to GRUB!

Entering rescue mode...
grub rescue>

Thanks.

Some info here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1735231 I think it's just a corrupt install. I would just wipe the HDD and reinstall.

Alright, Ima start fresh of USB install as well as HDD install. I'll use dban to wipe the hdd, because I wiped the HDD with gparted twice and installed twice and got the same dang grub error. Ionno, I've had nothing but problems trying to get linuxcoin onto hdd, whether manual or that installer, bad luck I guess. I've used ubuntu since almost the beginning upto 9.04, some what familiar with the environment, never really had problems at all. I use debian now, but trying to get on linuxcoin is being a b*tch.
drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 04:30:57 PM

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install zenity

Yup Wink

Code:
GRUB loading.
Welcome to GRUB!

Entering rescue mode...
grub rescue>

Thanks.

Alright, Ima start fresh of USB install as well as HDD install. I'll use dban to wipe the hdd, because I wiped the HDD with gparted twice and installed twice and got the same dang grub error. Ionno, I've had nothing but problems trying to get linuxcoin onto hdd, whether manual or that installer, bad luck I guess. I've used ubuntu since almost the beginning upto 9.04, some what familiar with the environment, never really had problems at all. I use debian now, but trying to get on linuxcoin is being a b*tch.

I know the installer is not ideal. I'm not sure what the problem is with grub it might just be a buggy version. I'm planning on modularizing the lot into debs and building a 32bit version etc. Once complete we can do things like netinstall etc Cheesy I just simply don't have the time to do everything that's required atm. the HDD stuff is on the todo list so I will get round to it eventually.
pekv2

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 04:36:43 PM

I know the installer is not ideal. I'm not sure what the problem is with grub it might just be a buggy version. I'm planning on modularizing the lot into debs and building a 32bit version etc. Once complete we can do things like netinstall etc Cheesy I just simply don't have the time to do everything that's required atm. the HDD stuff is on the todo list so I will get round to it eventually.

Yea, it's cool man, no rush or hurry. I could only imagine how busy you are. Building this by yourself when usually there is a team, etc. Im gonna go at it in a few hours, I'll post back on how it goes, hopefully good.

Thanks for the reply's Smiley.
drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 05:09:30 PM

Yea, it's cool man, no rush or hurry. I could only imagine how busy you are. Building this by yourself when usually there is a team, etc. Im gonna go at it in a few hours, I'll post back on how it goes, hopefully good.

Thanks for the reply's Smiley.

No problemo !! We should see a new version whitin the next few weeks. There are some tools I'm waiting on to be released and want to change the feel of the OS too. Tests are proving to be great though !! A lot more responsive system for a general OS and hopefully a shinny new linux-3.1 kernel with grsec support Wink
achillez

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 09:38:42 PM

I'm still stuck on this stupid 3 card problem. If I put in 4 cards, no matter what, only 3 cards are able to be fully configured. When I run aticonfig it says it can't access the registers for the 4th card. This might be a dumb question, but do you need a crossfire cable when you plug in 6 cards??

thank worked - thanks!

Now I have this weird problem where only 3 of my 6 cards are detected. Tried all power combos, slot combos etc... not sure what the problem is.

Code:
xhost +
smartcoin --silent

drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 10:02:41 PM

I'm still stuck on this stupid 3 card problem. If I put in 4 cards, no matter what, only 3 cards are able to be fully configured. When I run aticonfig it says it can't access the registers for the 4th card. This might be a dumb question, but do you need a crossfire cable when you plug in 6 cards??

thank worked - thanks!

Code:
xhost +
smartcoin --silent

Can you try installing this bugfix and rebooting.

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install linuxcoin-bugfix_110811

achillez

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 10:59:08 PM

thank worked - thanks!

Code:
xhost +
smartcoin --silent

Code:
apt-get update

It says:

root@linuxcoin:~# apt-get install linuxcoin-bugfix_110811
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package linuxcoin-bugfix_110811

drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 11:40:55 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2011, 12:00:05 AM by drgr33n

thank worked - thanks!

Code:
xhost +
smartcoin --silent

Code:
apt-get update

It says:

root@linuxcoin:~# apt-get install linuxcoin-bugfix_110811
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package linuxcoin-bugfix_110811

sorry I put the wrong command again Cheesy Duno what's up with me tonight !!

Code:
apt-get update
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2011, 01:27:24 AM

I upgraded from linuxcoin .2a (started using it back in June) to .2.1b and my hashrate dropped from 700MH/s to 500MH/s when using the poclbm kernel with phoenix. However, I switched to using phatk and now I'm up to 728MH/s.

I'm getting depreciation warnings when I run phoenix miner. Did you bump the python version?

Code:
kernels/poclbm/__init__.py:392: DeprecationWarning: 'enqueue_read_buffer' has been deprecated in version 2011.1. Please use enqueue_copy() instead.

Great work! Expect a donation soon.

drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 01:29:55 AM

I upgraded from linuxcoin .2a (started using it back in June) to .2.1b and my hashrate dropped from 700MH/s to 500MH/s when using the poclbm kernel with phoenix. However, I switched to using phatk and now I'm up to 728MH/s.

I'm getting depreciation warnings when I run phoenix miner. Did you bump the python version?

Code:
kernels/poclbm/__init__.py:392: DeprecationWarning: 'enqueue_read_buffer' has been deprecated in version 2011.1. Please use enqueue_copy() instead.

Great work! Expect a donation soon.

I wouldn't worry about the warning it's just a small code error with poclbm / phoenix. You should try the phatk2 kernel included with phoenix Wink
m0w3r

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 03:17:22 PM

Thanks, donation sent
drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 04:39:36 PM

Thanks, donation sent

Thanks bud !! Been a while since I've got one lol !!

Here's a quick vid of a new plymouth boot screen Cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd-6YzcPcFw
pekv2

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 04:55:13 PM

Update to my problem.

I've wiped my SDHC card, reinstall linuxcoin final to it with latest unetbootin from this thread, wiped my hdd, booted up the USB linuxcoin final, updated & installed with following cmds

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install zenity

Created 10 gig ext4 partition & a 1 gig swap partition, ran linuxcoin installer, selected sda1, installed.

Tried to boot the hdd up and still received the following error.

Code:
GRUB loading.
Welcome to GRUB!

Entering rescue mode...
grub rescue>

No one else in this thread has ran into this problem?

Also, I tired that ubuntu guide purge reinstall grub, won't work from linuxcoin final usb[linuxcoin don't know what grug-update is or anything], I tried from my ubuntu live usb, i got the same error results but with a different type of name rather "grub_divmod64_full".

I've been pulling my hair out. Cheesy

drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 05:27:14 PM

Update to my problem.

I've wiped my SDHC card, reinstall linuxcoin final to it with latest unetbootin from this thread, wiped my hdd, booted up the USB linuxcoin final, updated & installed with following cmds

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install zenity

Created 10 gig ext4 partition & a 1 gig swap partition, ran linuxcoin installer, selected sda1, installed.

Code:
GRUB loading.
Welcome to GRUB!

Entering rescue mode...
grub rescue>

Also, I tired that ubuntu guide purge reinstall grub, won't work from linuxcoin final usb[linuxcoin don't know what grug-update is or anything], I tried from my ubuntu live usb, i got the same error results but with a different type of name rather "grub_divmod64_full".

I've been pulling my hair out. Cheesy

You need to chroot the environment before running grub cmds. as root do the following while running from a live linuxcoin session.

Code:
mkdir myhdd
mount /dev/sda1 myhdd
mount -o bind /proc myhdd/proc
mount -o bind /sys myhdd/sys
mount -o bind /dev myhdd/dev
chroot myhdd

Now you can purge and reinstall grub. I would do the above then follow the ubuntu fix up guide. I don't know where this bug comes from I've tested the installer numerous times and always had success ?  
pekv2

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 05:57:54 PM

You need to chroot the environment before running grub cmds. as root do the following while running from a live linuxcoin session.

Code:
mkdir myhdd
mount /dev/sda1 myhdd
chroot myhdd

Now you can purge and reinstall grub. I would do the above then follow the ubuntu fix up guide. I don't know where this bug comes from I've tested the installer numerous times and always had success ?  

Yea, thanks for the reply, I give up, there are the cmds u give me then there are a crap load of cmds from the other, it will just lead me to no where as i been trying since my first post in this thread. nothing but waste of time and power running a second pc trying. I'll just stick with my debian 6.0.2.1 install. Trying to mix ubuntu cmds with & fixes with linuxcoin cmds and mixes of grub version, my head is spinning.

I will send you a donation soon after I get my second gfx for giving your time trying to help me.
drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 06:48:15 PM

Code:
mkdir myhdd
mount /dev/sda1 myhdd
chroot myhdd

Yea, thanks for the reply, I give up, there are the cmds u give me then there are a crap load of cmds from the other, it will just lead me to no where as i been trying since my first post in this thread. nothing but waste of time and power running a second pc trying. I'll just stick with my debian 6.0.2.1 install. Trying to mix ubuntu cmds with & fixes with linuxcoin cmds and mixes of grub version, my head is spinning.

I will send you a donation soon after I get my second gfx for giving your time trying to help me.

Whoooo there boy !! Take a few deep breaths and go roll yourself a fatty Cheesy I feel your frustration as I've been in your position lots of times !! I'm going to list everything you need to do on your machine to fix following the ubuntu tutorial. Feel free to give it a go when you feel more like it Cheesy

Assuming you have completed the installer and have the grub error

1) Boot from linuxcoin
2)
Code:
mkdir myhdd
mount /dev/sda1 myhdd
chroot myhdd
export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive
apt-get update
apt-get purge grub2
apt-get install grub2
for i in $(ls /usr/sbin | grep grub); do paxctl -C /usr/sbin/$i; paxctl -cEr /usr/sbin/$i; done
update-grub
grub-install /dev/sda
exit
init 6

3) Hopefully enjoy linuxcoin
BenD

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 09:14:45 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2011, 10:16:33 PM by BenD

Code:
GRUB loading.
Welcome to GRUB!

Entering rescue mode...
grub rescue>

I can calm your mind. I am running into the same problem with an ultrafresh USB-installation (using Unetbootin), following the apt-get install procedure and running the linuxcoin_install tool.
I will try the manual procedure now.

Edit: I see now, it is not the exact same problem. My error is:
error: file not found.
Entering rescue mode...
grub rescue>

Edit: I used /dev/sda3 for linuxcoin. I purged my system (even sacrificing my dual-boot Windows) and created a partition for Linuxcoin on /dev/sda1, used linuxcoin_installer, rebooted and it worked. The manual method did cost me 2 hours again (chroot won't work) until I decided to send everything to hell I'd done before.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: