Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:01:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LinuxCoin A lightweight Debian based OS with everything ready to go.  (Read 285063 times)
drgr33n (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:37:02 AM

Comon guys if you want to argue amongst yourselves then do it through PM. I have enough crap to sift though on this post without you adding more.
So do you know why even though i can login with the password user/live it wont let me change basic settings like internet or looking at the file system.

I already said You must of saved a keyring password ? To reset

Code:
sudo killall gnome-keyring-daemon 
sudo rm -r ~/.gnome2/keyrings

And reboot. When you are asked to save a keyring password again jot it down Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bak3donh1gh

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:45:58 AM

Code:

And reboot. When you are asked to save a keyring password again jot it down Wink

sorry didnt see it in that post.
tried that but gave me no such file or directory, restarted anyways still prompts me for unknown password.
drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 02:22:24 PM

Grub has not been installed ?
Looks like the same problem as before using your video guide.

Just checking but you did install with an internet connection right ?
Right, the PC is connected to the internet, I used the final iso plus apt-get updates and installs.

PS: I will go to bed now. In five hours I have to get up for work ...

Got to the bottom of this. It appears that zenity need to be updated for the installer to work.

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install zenity

Code:

sorry didnt see it in that post.
tried that but gave me no such file or directory, restarted anyways still prompts me for unknown password.

You could try

Code:
apt-get purge gnome-keyring
apt-get install gnome-keyring
oyster2000

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 11:56:26 PM

ver 0.2-final keeps freezing up and giving me kernel panics .......... might go back to a earlier version, and btw with the AMD licence having to be found and accepted on every boot, doesnt help much for autostart automine rigs
oyster2000

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 03:00:29 AM

0.2a is working sweet running 6 cards now on stock clocks, looks more stable for now, must be the damn intel chipset
zargon

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 01:30:14 PM

I got a .2b machine up yesterday but its locked up twice now hard.  its a machine room at an office so I cant always get to it to restart it......

6950 running phoenix

the display is just locked up when I go look at it Sad

its been years since i used linux much(went to MS admin job for work), where shouldI be looking for answers in logs?
zargon

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 03:38:35 PM

0.2a is working sweet running 6 cards now on stock clocks, looks more stable for now, must be the damn intel chipset

hmmm
TeaRex

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 10:29:52 PM

Unetbootin link in first post is dead yet again. Maybe link to parent directory? There's only one file in it after all...

*Image Removed*
I'm not asking for donations, but if you think YOUR post is deserving a donation FROM me, send me a message.
BitVapes

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

BitVapes.com

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2011, 10:14:45 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2011, 10:33:46 AM by BitVapes

just dropping in to say I think a bitcoin-centric linux distribution is great and it looks like you've done a great job with this one.  My only pet peve is that its named LinuxCoin, which to me indicates its a new blockchain/fork of bitcoin that is somehow linux-related.   CoinLinux would the more logical distro name choice imo, which to me indicates a linux distribution that is bitcoin/namecoin/ixcoin/*coin centric

'types of coins'
[descriptor][noun]
[bit][coin]
[name][coin]
[ix][coin]
[linux][coin]

'types of linux'
[descriptor][noun]
[redhat][linux]
[damnsmall][linux]
[debian][linux]
[coin][linux]

suppose I wanted to start a new bitcoin fork with the goal of distributing the linux kernel code in a p2p fashion that governments can't shut down, if they wanted to for example force all companies to use microsoft products instead of free software to "boost the economy" and made linux illegal.  So I made a way to distribute it via a bitcoin-like blockchain and make sure miners verify the code or vote for new changes to the code somehow, I'd want to call it linuxcoin to fit with all the rest of the *coins.   I guess I'd have to call it GNU/linuxcoin

Buy Electronic Cigarettes with Bitcoin @ http://bitvapes.com
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 11:06:41 AM

Ive created a HOWTO to use the modified unetbootin version of drgr33n to create a LinuxCoin bootable USB from windows: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=36663.0

drgr33n I have also taken the liberty to edit your first post to correct the link to the modified unetbootin.

EDIT: Also, LinuxCoin only boots in computer with ATI/AMD graphic cards. I know it has to have the propietary AMD drivers to be able to mine, and I understand that having two versions is trouble and work. Its not ideal.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 12:13:55 PM

Ive created a HOWTO to use the modified unetbootin version of drgr33n to create a LinuxCoin bootable USB from windows: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=36663.0

drgr33n I have also taken the liberty to edit your first post to correct the link to the modified unetbootin.

EDIT: Also, LinuxCoin only boots in computer with ATI/AMD graphic cards. I know it has to have the propietary AMD drivers to be able to mine, and I understand that having two versions is trouble and work. Its not ideal.

LinuxCoin boot's onto any computer ? I've tested with Intel / nvidia and amd cards ?
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 12:20:42 PM

Is it so that everytime I change the graphics card, I have to reinstall the linuxcoin using unetbootin?

I just replaced one of my 5870s with a 5970,  lspci showed the card, but aticonfig can not get the clock/temp of the 2 added gpus...

drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 12:24:48 PM

Is it so that everytime I change the graphics card, I have to reinstall the linuxcoin using unetbootin?

I just replaced one of my 5870s with a 5970,  lspci showed the card, but aticonfig can not get the clock/temp of the 2 added gpus...

It because you have to refresh your config Cheesy You don't have to reinstall.

Code:
sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf

And reboot. LinuxCoin will regenerate the configuration file and your good to go. I think I'm going to release a bugfix now to fix this.
drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 12:27:39 PM

just dropping in to say I think a bitcoin-centric linux distribution is great and it looks like you've done a great job with this one.  My only pet peve is that its named LinuxCoin, which to me indicates its a new blockchain/fork of bitcoin that is somehow linux-related.   CoinLinux would the more logical distro name choice imo, which to me indicates a linux distribution that is bitcoin/namecoin/ixcoin/*coin centric

'types of coins'
[descriptor][noun]
[bit][coin]
[name][coin]
[ix][coin]
[linux][coin]

'types of linux'
[descriptor][noun]
[redhat][linux]
[damnsmall][linux]
[debian][linux]
[coin][linux]

suppose I wanted to start a new bitcoin fork with the goal of distributing the linux kernel code in a p2p fashion that governments can't shut down, if they wanted to for example force all companies to use microsoft products instead of free software to "boost the economy" and made linux illegal.  So I made a way to distribute it via a bitcoin-like blockchain and make sure miners verify the code or vote for new changes to the code somehow, I'd want to call it linuxcoin to fit with all the rest of the *coins.   I guess I'd have to call it GNU/linuxcoin

You do have a point about the name, I was going to change but I didn't in the end. Maybe I will call the next version something else. There's a lot of work going on in the background atm and some big changes for things to come Wink
zargon

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 12:41:21 PM

You do have a point about the name, I was going to change but I didn't in the end. Maybe I will call the next version something else. There's a lot of work going on in the background atm and some big changes for things to come Wink

any chance I can get .2a, or some thoughts on why my .2b keeps locking up every 6-8 hours requiring a reboot?
drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 12:44:24 PM

any chance I can get .2a, or some thoughts on why my .2b keeps locking up every 6-8 hours requiring a reboot?

You will have to send me some more information about your system and how you have things setup for me to diagnose ?
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 12:54:48 PM

LinuxCoin boot's onto any computer ? I've tested with Intel / nvidia and amd cards ?

Well, LinuxCoin booted in a computer I have with a ATI card but it didnt with some Xorg problems in another computer I have with Nvidia card, so I supposed that because of the AMD propietary drivers it was AMD graphic cards only.

Glad to know it can boot in any system. Going to correct the HOWTO.

I will try in my Nvidia computer again. Any logs I should check when/if it fails?

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 01:25:25 PM

Well, LinuxCoin booted in a computer I have with a ATI card but it didnt with some Xorg problems in another computer I have with Nvidia card, so I supposed that because of the AMD propietary drivers it was AMD graphic cards only.

Glad to know it can boot in any system. Going to correct the HOWTO.

I will try in my Nvidia computer again. Any logs I should check when/if it fails?

Yes please !! It might be because it saves your ATI config then Xorg tries to load your ATI card and fails. Here;s a bugfix Wink

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install linuxcoin-bugfix-110811

This init script cleans up the configuration every time you shutdown / reboot. I wasn't sure about this as I have had troubles in the past but it seems stable this end.
Thormandy

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 10:17:18 PM

I have a problem, when i open guiminer, it says "No OpenCL devices found."
I have a 5850 in a x1 slot (which puts out display just fine) and AMDOverdriveCtrl detects it as "ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series"
For some reason my motherboard doesn't post when i put it in the x16 slot(my 8800gts works fine in it), but should that even matter if its x1?
I'm using .2 final, if that helps.
bigjake52

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 06:14:21 AM

I tested this crap out, and could not even tell me how many Mhash that I was geting,

then it desides to do a nice crash on me.
I cant find the shutdown,  so I force the system off so I can just shut it down,

I also tryed this on both my  main miners, and both had the same problems, and the network does not seem to work properly in my 4 year old systems that I made a miner, but the network seems to run fine on my brand spanking new mother board

This needs a major update. the gui miner needs to be fixed, Nothing saves even with a usb

guys try again, I rather not deal with linux, windozoes does a muchbetter job, and now I can have 8 cards per winblows system

I think Ill stick to my macs for regualr computer use..
and winblows for my servers and miners,

I wish linux was easy to uunderstand, but its not and its riddled with bugs
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: